New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1160
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

Hour Tales & Laughs
    Before Raging Bear can attack again, Laughs nimbly dives between the two. Raging Bear considers hitting laughs before he finally speaks. "How can you defend these weaver dogs? Can't you see what the weaver is doing to Gaia? And they support it! Get out of the way so I can finish this" he says before shifting into Crinos form to match Hour Tales form.

Soft Paws
    You keen nose quickly finds a bear spirit in the woods. The Bear seems to hear you coming, and watches the two garou carefully.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh no -- wrong bear!! Run, run 16 year old girl!

"Bears are kind and nurturing, but ferocious when angered. I heard there used to be werebears that could heal Gaia -- they would be useful nowadays." Softpaws does her best to educate Death Wish on what to expect when interacting with the bear spirit, but she doesn't know much. Should it come down to it, her medical background is in Garou-developed natural healing techniques (in contrast to Lifa's human medical schooling) and she could help Death Wish with any riddles or anything the spirit comes up with. "I think she would like you to present yourself to her."
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    LMAO. You just told death wish to 'present herself' to pedobear.

Taking Soft Paws Advice, Death wish walks towards the bear.
    "Err... hello. I am called Death Wish"
    "Greetings Death Wish. I am bear spirit. What do you want?"
    "I would like to learn the gift mother's touch?"
    "Are you a thuerge or a child of gaia? I will only teach it to them."
    "No... but I have a Child of Gaia with me who wishes to vouch for me."
    "Very well. Child of Gaia, come forth and speak for Death Wish"

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

"You do not fight the Weaver directly, else you will get caught in its webs." Laughs stepped one paw forward. "We take the fight to the Weaver itself, we strike it where it is not looking, and the Glass Walkers and Bone Gnawers will show us whether they favor the Weaver or Wyld, our claws and klaives ready if they choose the spider."

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

"Greetings, Bear. This Get of Fenris recently helped me and I'd teach her the Gift myself, but we just don't have enough time."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Hours & Laughs
    Raging Bear's eyes narrow on laughs. "And how do we know that when the time comes, they will not just lead us right into the clutches of the weaver? How do we know they aren't as we speak?"

Soft Paws
    The bear spirit looks soft paws over, gauging her words. "And what makes her deserving of knowing my gift?"

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs smile faded. "We don't."

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then we have no need of allies we can't trust, and should destroy allies who would betray us. Let us skip the middle man then."
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-03-07 at 03:54 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

A low growl came from Laughs. "I will not see my Tribe become the betrayers Raging Bear. If you step forward, they will call us the traitors, and they will speak truth."

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Bugbear in the Playground

"If you think we are leading you into a Weaver trap you are completely wrong. I don't know what's happening and why any more than you do, but I know that all of us need to work together to stop it," Hour Tales tells Raging Bear.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Not one that listens to reason much, Raging Bear is actually affected by Hour Tales words. After a bit of angry looks between himself and Laughs, he turns and walks back to the Red Talons. He doesn't apologize for punching him however. Thankfully the bruises are healing quickly in Crinos.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs sat, and stared up at Hour Tales. "Well, the Shadow Lords want me dead, and my own tribe isn't sure of my loyalty." Laughs sounded tired. It had been a long Moot with too many highs and lows. "Hour Tales, I know my tribe and we will go to war sooner or later if things don't change. Griffon does not peacefully coexist with the city. I'll do what I can to delay that so we can see if this change can be undone, but if the Red Talons call for battle, I will join them."

13. - Top - End - #1033

"I hope it never comes to that," Hour Tales replies to Laughs. "I'd be an honor to fight against you. Besides, you know I'd win," he adds, maw twisting into a smile to show he's joking.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs offered a forced smile to be polite. He appreciated the gesture, but it didn't take away the worry. "Let's hope our wise Elders come up with a plan." With that, Laughs moved back to his tribe.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

"I think all Garou should learn Mother's Touch. I, um, well..." Softpaws thinks a moment about what the Gift really means to her.

"I heard a story in the human world, from my history teacher. He said 'a man died and went to the afterlife. It was a room with a soup pot in the middle, and a bunch of people sitting around it. They each had a spoon that had a handle too long to feed themselves with, everyone was hungry and miserable. his guide told him 'this is hell' and took him to another room. Here, it was the same, but everyone was content. 'this is heaven' the guide told the man, 'because the people have learned to feed each other.'"

"I think Mother's Touch is like that -- you can't use it to heal yourself, and Garou can really be selfish. If we all had a Gift like this, then maybe we could learn to help each other out, because at the end of the day, one Garou is just a angry wolf but five Garou is a pack. A hundred is a Sept. We need each other, and Mother's Touch is one way of showing that. Death Wish here helped me learn that a little bit, I think, because she lent me a Klaive because I dueled my old Alpha because I thought he was being stupid and selfish. So, she helped me out there, but did it just because it cost her nothing and she would get something out of it if I survived the duel. I think a Gift like Mother's Touch will teach her that helping others for no reason is important, too, because its a Gift that won't help her out at all if she has no one to use it on."

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delays guys, had a bit of writers dilemma on some things.

Soft Paws

Spoiler
    Show
    Death Wish is not exactly pleased in Soft Paws words, but overall they still convey to bear what she wants, so she holds her tongue. The bear spirit thinks on Soft Paw's words for several moments, which is not uncommon for a bear spirit, before speaking again. "Very well. It is clear you have learned much from my gift, so I will share it with this one as well in hopes she learns from it too."

Bear Spirit teaches the gift to Death Wish, and afterwards she thanks Soft Paws for helping her.

Lifa
    You learn your rite and return to the group without incident.

Hour Tales & Laughs at Blood
    Spoiler
    Show
    When the elders return, they hear the story of how you both stopped the fighting. It is even joked how well Hour Tales handled a punch from Raging Bear. Both elders thank their respective tribe mates, explaining how glad they are you did such.

If I used renown, you would have extra right now. Since I don't consider yourselves to have a temporary -1 difficulty when trying to convince the red Talons or Glass Walkers of something.

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gain 8 xp

The elders return, and once more DuskSlayer speaks to everyone. "The elders have spoken, quite lengthily in fact. Nothing has changed for the fact that no one knows what caused this. However, like always we must continue to work together during this dark time. I thank those of you who kept any fighting from escalating.

Now more than ever, it is imperative that we listen to what our elders ask. You may not understand the big picture, but your elders might. So listen well to their requests over the near future.

And finally, if you see anything that seems out of the ordinary, report it to your elders immediately. Advances of the wyrm OR the weaver should be noted as soon as possible. For now, all we can do is work to reclaim our caerns as best we can and keep our eyes & ears open for the enemy. Whomever it may be.

With that, I end this moot. May you all have safe travels home."

As he finishes speaking, he turns into a lupus and lets forth a loud wolf howl. Garou around the camp join him in the howl.

The moot is over.
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2013-03-11 at 02:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1037

"I just wanted to make sure that none of us did anything that we would regret later," Hour Tales says to his elders.

As the moot ends, he bids farewell to his fellow tribemates and returns to his pack. "How did it go for everyone else?" he asks the others. "Are you doing okay?" he asks Softpaws.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Before regrouping, Softpaws tells cries about the two weird guys in the park with the silver axe and the Wyrm taint.

She also seeks out the Metis Child of Gaia that enjoys fighting and asks him for advice on how to fight in melee - particularly against silver.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

Soft Paws
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    LOL. Wow, sadly I had forgotten about those guys.

What's even funnier is that I looked over the archives and noticed Deepfang directly told SoftPaws not to mention it at the moot.

Cries Loudly thinks for a moment before asking Taborna. Taborna suggests "If they didn't act like fomari, they probably were leeches. It's not unheard for some to wander the wildness and hunt for food. They'd be more likely to sense your true nature as well."

Follows Faith seems to size her up after she asks the question. He makes a few random curses and picks up some sticks. Handing one to Soft Paws, he tells her to come at him like she had a klaive. Doing this, they do some sparring for maybe ten minutes. His lessons basically boil down to this:
    The key to fighting against foes with silver weapons is to not get hit. So always split your actions so that you're making defensive actions in some way in addition to your offense. Evasive Maneuvers, Blocking, and dodging. Further, unless you know you can end the fight with a good hit, it's more important to focus on defense over offense. Just don't stop your offense

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay, that makes sense," Softpaws says, breathing heavily but confident that she understands the basics, now. She has never really been interested in any serious fighting, but if that was the direction the world was going, she would need to learn to protect her pack --

Whoever her pack happened to be.

"Um, I know this is asking a lot, but..." she searches for the correct words, "can I, like, talk to you sometimes? I don't really know anyone else like me, but, um, its a stupid thing to ask -- thanks for your time, Elder."

After Softpaws finishes her other things and meets up with Hour Tales, she looks tired and contemplative. "Am I okay? I don't really know..."

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Soft Paws
    Follows Faith laughs when she calls him a elder. "That's a new one. Yeah, you can have my number. Us Metis have to take care of one of another." The bald homid says. Unlike Soft Paws, he prefers to stay in homid form unless he has to, because he has no hair. With the exchange of numbers, he bids you farewell.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Having returned to the group, Lifa makes the effort to acquire Death Wishes number in the case of any future run-ins with the law - a pocket-detective could prove useful in such a circumstance.

With her new set of rituals embedded in her brain, the Theurge starts making mental notes on how to make the fetish she had in mind.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

As everyone prepares to leave, the group is approached by Trashcan Sam and Todd Kroger. Sam basically ignore Hour Tales, gives a dirty look to Laughs, and speaks to Soft Paws and Spray Can. "We're about to leave. Are you two coming or you planning on jogging home?"

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

"Sam..." Softpaws says sadly, squinting at the Bone Gnawer she has known for so long. "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go with you anymore." she tries to hug him goodbye, but will accept it if he shuns her.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Having produced a texta from...somewhere, Lifa starts making strange markings across her skin.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam seems more taken back than angry, and takes Soft Paws hug. "And you too?" He points at Spray Can. She gives a uncomfortable and shy nod, and he looks more surprised. As Spray Can gives Tod Kroger a hug, he looks sharply into Hour Tales eyes and says only "Don't get them killed, or I will hunt you down myself." With that, he marches off before anyone can launch a witty retort.

And so the new pack leaves the moot, five of them crammed into a Sedan that barely fits them all. At some point in the car, Spray Can is asking Lifa "What the hell are you doing?"

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs had already done enough to poor Trashcan Sam. He had sewn the seeds of Spray Can's leave of his pack, made a fool of his Alpha, and had shown him up during the hunt. Laughs had his limits... at least when it came to other Garou.

On the way back, Laughs laid down in the back on the truck, trying to learn how to whistle while in Lupus form. He was not doing a particularly good job at it.

28. - Top - End - #1048

"I'll protect them with my life, if need be," Hour Tales replies to Trashcan Sam. He returns to the car and changes back into homid form, changes into another pair of clothes, lamenting somewhat that he has to wear the shirt that he had accidentally clawed before the hunt.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Adding lines to her arms and wrists, Lifa looks up at Spray Can as the other Garou peers curiously at her activity.

"The foundations must be true." she answered, her blue eyes locking with his.

"These markings carry the future, and no spirit will inhabit anything less."

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Returning to the hotel room, the five find themselves with certain new challenges on the horizon.

First and foremost is living space. Garou were not meant to stay in hotels for long. Are the plans for living arrangements going to stay the same? Or will Jason check out the kinfolk that Eyes of the world recommended?

Also, are there any plans on returning to Deep Fang's house to get your personal possessions?