New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1160
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: IC Werewolf:TA-Chicago

"Um, I have like, $100 in a shoebox in my old room that we could use..." Softpaws offers. Her savings is not very impressive, but she is only 16.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I've got enough at the moment for first month's rent and deposit on a few places, including some basic amenities," Jason says. "We've already looked at a couple of places and were going to make a decision after the moot, but I did get a new lead from Eyes on the World, so we might want to check that out. It's a bit urban, though," he warns.

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew Johnson - Brujah-clan Kindred

Jason "Hour Tales" Davis - Glass Walker Galliard

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

"Is it by a Caern?" Softpaws asks seriously. "they said the Caerns were all in the city, now, so."

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Piping up, her arms and midriff covered with strange black lines that were arranged in a peculiar pattern...

"I was almost a fully qualified surgeon before I took a shotgun to the guts at a convenience store robbery and...this happened. That's a skill that can be very lucrative on the street if we know the right people."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-03-15 at 08:21 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws laughs, thinking the Australian werewolf is joking.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa's eyes shifted from left to right, before ducking her head slightly, "What's...funny?" she asked, genuinely curious.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-03-15 at 08:22 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

"Y-you're going to do back-alley surgery on people?" Softpaws says uncertainly.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For a second I thought Softpaws was giggling over the "I used to be an X before I took a Y to the Z" that I didn't notice until I re-read it XD

Lifa shrugged, "We need the money don't we? And there are lots of people in Chicago that would prefer a surgeon that doesn't ask questions."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-03-15 at 08:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1059

"A little weird that you seemed to be advocating getting shot repeatedly in order to get some money," Jason replies. "As for whether or not it's near a caern, I don't know. I've never even seen the place."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

"O-oh, okay... Um, I, uh, know a lot about medicine. I studied with Cries, the Elder Child of Gaia who brought me back after the Klaive fight -- but I mean, it's like, mo-more the kind of Garou medicine with herbs and stuff, but... If, y'know, you, uh, need some help sometime..." Softpaws trails off into intelligibility.

Spoiler
    Show
    lol yeah that too
    Softpaws has 3 dots of medicine

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Your help would be appreciated," Lifa answered, "we'd be dealing with some pretty shifty people, so it'd always help to have a few hands around to deter silliness."

12. - Top - End - #1062

"Oh, you meant the surgery skills. I don't quite know how one would actually advertise for such a purpose, plus it will draw some certainly shady characters. As for me, I had been researching another book about local native tribes. I'll ship it to my publisher and get what little of an advance they give me."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

Softpaws blushes, but seems pleased to leave it at that.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

"I can steal. I can hunt for food." Laughs thought for a moment. "More importantly I can start scouting the umbra, plan our attacks."

15. - Top - End - #1065

"It would be a good idea to scout around in the Umbra," Jason agrees with Laughs. "See if we can find any trace of where the caerns have moved to. It'll be risky, so we'd probably have to be quick about it. Remember our last trip, hunt nonwithstanding."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

"So, all go together in a group? Why don't we stop by the Boar's Den and see what that guy has to say -- he seemed pretty smart, and I think he knows what's going on in the city."

17. - Top - End - #1067

Jason does a quick bit of mental math on his traveling time. "We're going to have to head out for there tomorrow," he says. "I'm pretty sure that they'll be closed by the time we reach Chicago, and I'm getting somewhat tired."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Acting upon the wisdom of Eyes of the world, Hour Tales contacts the kinfolk realtor. Katherine Batezman, a spry short red-head in her early forties, meets the group early in the week. With a chipper voice and a energetic attitude, she shows several places to the pack.

As it turns out, she's eager to help warriors of gaia, and is able to set the group up with apartments that is practically a steal for the city. Where as the place in the suburbs which was not in a good neighborhood was two bedrooms and would require everyone share a room, she is somehow able to show several four bedroom places that are clean, nice, and for the same price.

So after a busy day, she leaves the pack to talk amongst themselves. Either way, they can move into their new place by the end of the week. Where ever that may be.

Basically the choices are now up to this;
    -Suburbs, slightly run down house in bad area, with two bedrooms.
    -Completely downtown, very nice apartment, with four bedrooms.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Downtown," Lifa puts forward her vote, "though we'll have to keep Laughs away from fire hydrants."

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

Laughs smirked at the remark. "I agree. Downtown's the better of the two." It was an odd change of mind for Laughs, who had until now not wanted anything to do with deciding where they'd stay.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

"U-um, yeah, I guess that's okay with me..." Softpaws agrees.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Jason waits for everyone else to make their decision before voicing his own. "I'm really liking the downtown apartments, too," he says. "Besides, it's ten times better than sleeping in Lupus form just to keep enough room open for all of us."

My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

And with a surprisingly unanimous decision, the pack decides to take the downtown apartment.

By the end of the week, the group moves into their new home. The top story of a four story apartment, they share the floor with only one other apartment. Katherine informs you that your only neighbor is a lone woman in her mid twenties who's quiet and keeps to herself, so they should have no problems. The apartment feels large compared to the small house most had been living in before, despite having the strength of the weaver right outside the window.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for the record, which two lucky people are sharing a room?

The pack may now begin enacting wacky shenanigans or discuss their totem, now that they once again have a home of their own.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

"I, uh, I'll only share a room with Lifa or Spray Can. N-no offense, guys, but, um, that's just gross," Softpaws says, willing to share a room with either of the girls. Since Lifa, Laughs and Hour Tales 'started' the pack, she's just assuming it will be the two 'late comers' who end up sharing a room.

Once they are settled, Softpaws will try to contact Boar if she has a way to do that, to re-pledge her obedience to the mighty spirit.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's been nearly a week, and Soft Paws & Spray Can still possesses Boar's gift of Stamina.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, I don't need to light a fire and summon an Avatar or something? That's cool.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm used to having to share my room. I don't have any money to contribute to the place. And me and soft paws are the youngest, so I don't have a problem sharing with her. Makes sense and all." Spray can adds apathetically with a shrug and a smirk.

At some point when she is alone with Soft Paws, she will timidly ask "So why do you think Deep Gang hasn't had boar revoke us yet? He did it to the others real fast..."

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

"I dunno... maybe he can't? Maybe he thinks we'll come around? Maybee Boar appreciates us sticking to our beliefs in the face of adversity? I'm, um, really glad I have you here, though. I know we just met, but we should be friends," Softpaws blushes a bit, but is quite sincere.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lifa happily takes one of the rooms for herself and is rarely seen for the next week. She comes out to eat something, clean some things up, and discuss the totem choice the rest of them had to make soon, but for the most part her absence is a mystery.

To Jason and Laughs, Lifa argues in favor of Bear as their new totem. "Bear is a healer, his paws mend the touch of the wyrm and he imparts this invaluable ability and his physical power onto those who follow him.

His mysticism and wisdom will be what we need to overcome the enigma of the shifting caerns. Bears knowledge of the umbra and its capricious ways have few equals, and with him as our totem we will have the expertise to unravel the mystery and then the capability to undo the damage it has caused."

oOo

When alone in her room, Lifa sat at a desk and drew up a schematic across several pieces of paper. The figure she etched out carefully was that of a trim, athletic female form, much like her own, with indications to several sections of her anatomy and connecting lines.

Resting behind her on her bed was a set of scalpels, while behind that were several clothes racks that stood empty and dormant.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Int + Medicine roll to draw up a plan for making a Spirit Skin fetish.
    (7d10)[45]

oOo

As part of her breaks from drawing up the plans for her new fetish, Lifa investigated the local umbra. Emerging often into the spiritual realm, the Get of Fenris would ensure that her presence was gentle and rarely disruptive while she spoke to local spirits that would listen and, slowly but surely, pushed the boundaries of her exploration a little further outwards each time.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2013-03-23 at 07:20 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doh. 45 seems like a decent roll too!
    (7d10)[6][4][9][1][2][4][10](36)