New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1334

Thread: Ishmael Mk III

1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ishmael Mk III

You pin him to the ground and bind his arms and legs with leather straps. He is still foaming at the mouth and trying to reach his left wrist, but he should be safe enough for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Firbolg in the Playground

Uncertain why he is focusing so much on that particular hand Ishmael has a look for any signs of a weapon or otherwise.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

Upon closer inspection, it appears that the holy symbol of Pelor is tattooed on that hand.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

4. - Top - End - #1264

Ishmael wonders if that contained some kind of poison or way to send a message to his church. He took a closer look trying to figure out if magic was somehow involved in this.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Unless magic is involved, it's a completely ordinary tattoo containing no hidden anything.

6. - Top - End - #1266

Ishmael will call out to the butler, if he is not there already, and ask him to use any magic to see if there is something that is concealed by the tattoo.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Alfred comes, though he can't help much. "I'm afraid that I am no mage, and it has not been Duchess Hordukka's priority to find one at the moment. However, my initial lookover with the estate's goggles of magic detection did indeed reveal that there was magic centered about that tattoo. My dabblings into magic theory revealed it to be an evocation."

8. - Top - End - #1268

"Does the Duchess have any casters on retainer? If not... how would I go about procuring the services of one? I have employed a caster from the University in the past but given the sensitive of the current situation and the fact that it had taken a long time to do so I am interested in a more on the side solution.

Perhaps given you have been in the city and this... game... longer than me you know someone I could talk to?"

Spoiler
    Show

This could be the way for me to get my cohort!

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    excellent idea

"Well, Christolph Reich, that young man who cured her, has been brewing us concoctions for things with potentially illicit purposes and not asking questions. Besides that, I'm afraid most of my connections in this city are years out of date, as there was little reason to pursue them when the mistress was not in her right mind. That being said, I know a man who has retired from the business, but he's a good mage and discrete. If you talk to him, you might convince him to give you a reference to someone in the business whom we could use. Exactly such dealings are why marqued agents were created, after all. I suspect you'll be as good at this as I ever was."

10. - Top - End - #1270

"Very well. In general if we want to see her Ladyship reach the goals she has set and take her part in the games of politics in the city she will need more than Reich on her side.

In any case, please give me the details to this mage friend of yours and I will reach out to him.

Meanwhile keep this one chained. It might be a way to send a message or some kind of hidden weapon that hides in the enchantment on his hands and I'd rather not let him try and use it."

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course. The mage is named Decimus, and he's one of the best enchanters I've ever met. He lives in one of the smaller and less pretentious houses among the Ninth Court Street houses in the Magic District."

12. - Top - End - #1272

After thanking the man Ishmael departs stopping to change from the clothes with which he came in. He goes invisible and hides in the shadows as he proceeds to the identified address.

Once there he has a look at the house taking a wide circle around it to identify possible entries and exits should things become tense. He then walks to the back door, trying to stay out of sight, and knocks.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

As it turns out, Ninth court Street is part of a small zoning within the Magic District where retired mages of recognized power go to spend their twilight years tinkering with magic. Fully half of the houses on the street float a few feet or more from the ground and glow with ever-shifting arcane patters that creep across their surface. You see more than one terrestrial house that has no apparent entrance or exit, and several houses with an entrance features a wyvern, bound elemental, golem, or other magical creature guarding it. Most tend to have very narrow footprints while extending up four stories or more, giving the impression you are passing through a forest of magic towers out of some strange world.

Despite the chaos, the street itself is rather quiet, and none of the guard creatures seem to be making a sound. You suspect magic might be involved in preserving the tranquility when you witness a particularly fractious wyvern open its jaws in what looks for all the world like a roar of challenge as you pass by. The display happens completely silently at your end.

Compared to the great opulence and magical might on display in the neighborhood, your contact's house seems rather plain in comparison. It's merely a land-bound three story tower-house with a polished steel exterior. A shimmering silvery elemental rests in a pool of quicksilver near the single front door. Reconaissance of the house reveals no other door, though there is a single large window in the back which looks suspiciously like a wooden door rotated on its edge and enchanted to be transparent.

14. - Top - End - #1274

Deciding he doesnt want to end up fighting some kind of monster in the middle of the city Ishmael walks up to the front door and knocks.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

A metallic face emerges from the doorframe at about your shoulder height, turns to you, and asks, "Yes?" is a slow, grinding voice.

16. - Top - End - #1276

"Good day. I am here to see Master Decimus. I am at the service of Duchess Hordukka and wish to speak to him." he says very quietly.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Titan in the Playground

The face shrinks back into the wall. You're left standing there for several minutes before it reappears. "You may enter." it says and then disappears once more.

18. - Top - End - #1278

Ishmael pushes the door forward and steps inside.

He felt naked not moving invisible and from shadow to shadow but he tried to stop his rising anxiety. He was here on official business and had no reason to worry.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

The inside of the house is significantly larger than the outside. In fact, you're sure the entire volume of the outside building would fit on the ground floor, and there is a spiral staircase leading up over to the right.

The inside walls are also a metallic silvery color. A voice calls from the doorway opposite the entrance to the house, saying "You used the name Hordukka. Come closer and let me see what sort of service the duchess is hiring nowadays."

20. - Top - End - #1280

Ishmael walks forward. He is worried and ready for anything but being judged for who is he is not something he feels entirely confident with.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

As you enter the far room, you see a wizened old elf sitting on a pile of cushions. There is a large pile of books within arms' reach of him and he appears to be reading one that is being held up by an animated stone arm with a dozen tiny segmented legs on the bottom.

As you enter, he looks up and says, "Well well well, looks like little Doodlebuggy is all grown up and hiring strapping young men to run errands for her."

22. - Top - End - #1282

"I am unsure if you are making an attempt at levity master wizard but you must know that the Duchess is no longer little and you must also be able to see that I am by no means a strapping young man.

You are correct in that I am running an errand for her but it is more an errand to help me perform my duty to her than a service directly for her..." he speaks with an official tone.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

"What, are you her new message-runner now? I'll tell you the same thing I told Alfred when he said that Little Doo was up and sane again: I'm retired."

24. - Top - End - #1284

Not commenting on being called a messenger boy Ishmael smiles.

"I understand Master Decimus and it is regrettable to hear such a master of the Art is not available to us. Still I come seeking your counsel and guidance. Is there someone, man or woman and of any race, that you would advise me to seek out? The House, and myself, are looking for someone that can handle the Arcane or the Psionic and provided needed support and expertise to the areas that my own talents do not cover..."

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

"Message running? Qork the Diviner is a bright young lad who isn't too picky about what he does. Casts a mean clarivoyance."

Sense Motive: Apparently, the man's retirement wasn't only because he didn't want to be bothered. He's apparently just not picking up on certain cues anymore.

26. - Top - End - #1286

"My line of job is not message running sire. Its killing people her Ladyship wants killed." he says not expecting to shock the man but deciding to be direct.

"Also I ensure she is protected from danger up to a point, gets updated information on the city, power struggles and underworld movements. I am in general her agent from the shadow... and I need someone who has the talents I dont have which is a series of arcane or psionic capabilities including divination, detection and a host of other abilities you probably know better than I do."

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Titan in the Playground

"Wait, you're her Marqued Agent? What happened to Alfred?"

28. - Top - End - #1288

Ishmael raises an eyebrow.

"Alfred is her butler if I am not mistaken. At least he has been the butler since I met her Ladyship. She was still deranged then with just moments of lucidity at a time. He did mention he use to work for her in other capacities as well but I wasnt aware he was my predecessor."

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

"So he has retired as well. Interesting. Well, anyways, that's an entirely different sort of creature, isn't it? My great-grandson Elephino has taken over the 'family business', as it were. There's very little arcane magic he can't cast, and what there is he can fake given enough time. There's also this one bright young psion whose specialty is manipulating minds my great-great grandniece knows. He's a bit tricky to work with, though, since his kind are technically banned from the city."

30. - Top - End - #1290

"Interesting. Where can I find Elephino and where may I find the psion... also, given what you said... what is his race?"