New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Default Avatar: The Last Airbender Campaign Setting

Alright so this is the first thread I have ever posted on these forums. Here goes:

So I started to think of Ideas for the geography of a new campaign world I was creating for D&D, and the idea hit me to use the geography of the world in which the anime tv show Avatar:The Last Airbender takes place as well as the general ideas for the nations.

Elves would take the place of the air nomads, inhabiting the four temples at each corner of the Earth, and their genetically superior magical folk taking the place of benders would be wizards. They would be fun loving and also into spirituality, but would have been the victims of multiple genocides throughout the years, especially ones spearheaded by the dwarves. And yes, they would ride around on some version of homebrewed Sky Bison. Their culture would be based mostly on nepalese monks. other common classes for elves besides wizard would be Monk, Rougue, and Bard.

Gnomes would take the place of the fire nation, inhabiting the southern volcanic islands. Their magical folk would be illousionists (sic), and they would be somewhat snobby folk on the whole, as well as being quite militant. they would be resbonsible for most of the technoligical advances that the world had experienced, but also the starter of the great war that immolated a lot of the dwarven central continent and turned it into ruined wastelands. Their culture would be based mostly around Fueudal Japan, but Gnomes would also be the most liberal users of the world war II era technology present in the world as they invented most of it. Common classes for gnomes could include ninja, fighter or paladin who chooses to use guns, or rougue.

Dwarves would take the place of the earth nation, and their superieor magical folk would be clerics. They would inhabit the eastern side of the gigantic central continent, while the western side would be a vast savage land that had once belonged to the dwarven empire, but was mostly immolated by the Gnomes in a great war. (the western side would be home to a lot of dungeon crawling and wilderness adventure oppurtunities. Savage race tribes, monsters, pioneers, bandits, and adventurers of all kinds would be found here.) The dwarves would be a gruff but varied lot, and while many of their cities were built in rock in typical dwarf fashion, the dwarven lands would also host modern, eastern-style mega cities that were joint projects by the dwarves and the gnomes after the great war between them. These mega cities would have modern/ 40's era technology created with the assistance of magic. (no computers)

The Humans would take the place of the water tribes, inhabiting the North and South poles. their magicall folk would be druids. They would inhabit the north and south poles of the worlds, and they would be rather diverse as far as their outlook but vicious when it comes to protecting their tribal villages. They would utilize humvees, modified motorboats, and in some cases Ice worms or even frost dragons for transportation, and use militarized versions of these for war. Their culture is loosley based off of eskimo culture, of course, but they are very diverse, and they integrated technlogy into their tribes in such a way that technology works in perfect harmony with their druid's magic. Humans are liable to take up almost any class, but their tribal armies are known best for producing exceptional rangers, whether they be dual weilding front liners, or gun weilding marksmen.

As you probably have gleaned alredy, the world is fantasy with world war II era technology. Swords, magic, monsters, and all those fantasy elements are still all big parts of the world, but guns, cars, motorcycles, bi planes, modern ships (not huge aircraft carriers, just battleship size warships, cargo ships, and cruisers) and primitive wire based local telephones are also part of the world.

Thoughts, and, possible ideas for the world in general?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Campaign Setting

Only thing I have to post to this: if you haven't already you need to watch "Avatar: The Legend of Korra"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Campaign Setting

Well I would have said Legend of Korra, but more people seemed to have watched The Last Airbender.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default One thing, so far:

Consider switching gnomes and humans. I think that humans fit the Fire Nation's Ideals of expansion and conquest. Plus, I can imagine a gnome wearing a fur parka.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: One thing, so far:

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicX View Post
    Consider switching gnomes and humans. I think that humans fit the Fire Nation's Ideals of expansion and conquest. Plus, I can imagine a gnome wearing a fur parka.
    No. Today, the gnome opression ends. gnomes will no longer be looked upon as the official joke race of d&d. From now on, gnomes will not have to sit at a high chair at the table of racial equality. TODAY, THE GNOMES WILL BE FREE! RISE, MY GNOME BROTHERS AND SISTERS! THROW OFF THE SHACKLES OF HUMAN, ELVEN,DWARVEN, AND EVERYONE ELSES OPRESSION!

On a side note, gnomes would look ridiculously cute in parkas. Therefore, I will consider this idea.