New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Playground 4: SAN Overboard!

Wayfarer's Point, Bukiya Inn
    25th of Amber's Fall, Mid Afternoon

When everything was said and done, with the girls exiting the bath, Clive eased up and slumped back down into the water.

"Phew. That was weird," he said.

Before Drallic left, he called him out.

"Hey, thanks for the cover. That was a good one. I didn't think of that. Well, obviously I couldn't think straight back there. Ha ha ha!"

"Anyway, I'm done here. I'll just change and you can have your turn."

After Drallic moved out and closed the door, Clive slowly go up and sat down on the bath ledge. Sighing, he stood up and began putting his clothes back on, then moved and exited through the door.

"Hey, I'm done. Your turn."

Looking at Myst and Non and giving an awkward smile, he moved towards the empty seat and sat down. It was awkward for him, not because of what just happened, but with that other thing Non said earlier.

Do you think they know about you already?

...probably.

Probably?

Probably.

Dammit, why won't you just give a straight answer for once?

...why bother? You'll find out soon enough.

Stupid gun.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic waits next to the closed door that leads to the bath as Clive took the time to wash himself. He stays silent as he wonders whether he ought to smack the gunsmith for his attitude. When Clive comes out though, Drallic just gives a wave of his hand and a smile as he moves to the bath. His size makes using it a bit more complicated but he manages well as he relaxes in the hot water. As he washes out his wounds, he thinks back to his old days as a mercenary; action packed and never predictable, but also perilous and chaotic. Ba-gamu's crew is like tripping onto stone floor compared to what the minotaur has survived in the past. He's glad to have something more relaxed for a change even if it's been a little repetitive at times. He could guess one day he might meet fate at the end of a hundred blades, but today he's alive and having a good life; that's probably what matters the most to him.

Finishing his shower, Drallic goes to dry off, clean the bath, and then place on his armored pants again for coming out to meet with Non, Myst, and Clive. The three could notice Drallic had placed a number of bandages on his wounds; the result of it is him having a LOT of bandages to wrap all the injuries up. "...I don't look to silly, do I?" Drallic shrugs his shoulders as he asks embarrassingly. "No offense here but I'd prefer taking these off tomorrow mornin'." The minotaur leans back on a chair as he "Thanks for waitin' girls. Now what do we want to discuss now?" Drallic puts on his calm, pleasing smile again.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-11-07 at 11:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Non and Mystletinn

"I asked Drallic this before.... But it is important to tell about it now. I want you all to think about the legends of the Compass Rose Swords. I am sure Clive has heard of them, and I told Drallic before. Anyway, there is the theory that the eight swords are the same throughout all of the mythology and folktales of our world.

One reason I gathered many stories here was to learn about that as much as I can. And I have been studying from books and friends, and learning everything about weapon-making that I can. If the theory is that the swords may take a shape and choose a wielder, then it can be said that they reveal themselves at important times of fate."

She pauses, and looks at Drallic and Clive.

"That is why they become legendary, like the people who weild them. Or, at least that seems correct. If you are given the power to change the world at the important moment, would you use that power?

Doesn't that sound like the question to ask one of the heroes of the stories?"

"And, if the 8 Compass Rose Swords are the strongest weapons, that it is said they are, then they have that power. Perhaps they work for fate, or against it. I don't know."

She sighed and stands up, to stretch. Then she looks at Myst and nods. Myst rose and after pushing the table safely away, she took Non's hand.

"It's time to tell our story. Maybe it'll be easier like this." Non said.
    "Don't leave out anything important." Myst said.
    "I won't." Non promised. Then she focused, a sharp expression of a warrior.

"Mystletinn, cut the skies, unite the four winds into one, reveal yourself!"

To put her right hand with a tattoo on the hand of Non, Myst closed her eyes. A tornado wind filled the room and surrounded Myst, until with a glowing flash, it became calm again. A beautiful long sword of gold and silver markings, with a certain wing seal design on it's blade, and sapphires in the tail, Non was now holding Mystletinn, a sword without equal in the eyes of Drallic and Clive. A perfect sword.

Non held Mystletinn gently, and sat down again, a tired look, but one that in the light of the blade was far different than the [innkeeper].

"It's time to tell our story.

I met Mystletinn when I was an adventurer. I was always lucky, but finding.. meeting Myst was the best thing. We were invincible together."
    She smiled tiredly to Myst, who didn't look nervous anymore, but nodded.

"But the adventurers started to change. Before I was much more of an explorer and treasure hunter. But as our fame grew, more enemies, like Ba=gamu began to appear. And we began to fight more and more. Sometimes people hired us as bodyguards or to protect someone, or rescue their child.... Those aren't things that I thought I would do as an adventurer at first. But we did it. And I began to worry. I was worried for Myst, and what meeting her meant. I didn't know, I was so young. But even then, if fate has a purpose, it would be into greater violence. That was all Myst had known. And I wanted to show her a different world. A peaceful and exciting one.

I came to this Wayfarer's Point with Myst about 4 years ago. I was just becoming a famous adventurer, so maybe it seems strange. The truth is, I was running away. I wanted to protect Myst, and a famous adventurer can't do that. But if I disappeared and let my own fame disappear... then she would be safe. No one would chase us, or seek us."

She looked at Clive and Drallic with a warm smile.

"And we were. We could start a new life here. And we made friends. Business was hard. It was very hard, to open Bukiya Inn. And even if it was hard, I knew Myst was safe, so it was ok.
    But.... you cannot escape fate. Somehow we became famous again. I tried to change my life, from being an adventurer to an innkeeper. But instead of being a famous adventurer, I became a famous innkeeper. And now the trouble is returning. Captain Blake, Ba=gamu... How long before fate pushes me back? And now Drallic and Clive have become involved."

She said sadly.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

When Non finished talking, Clive was standing, mouth agape. He just stood there like that for a few seconds before his mouth moved to say something. However, no words came out. Both his hands motioned to where Myst stood and then to the sword Non was carrying now, repeating the motion a couple of times, his mouth still hanging wide open.

Scratching his head, he sat down, breathed in deep and sighed.

"Wow. I had a hunch about something, but this...this is way off than what I had expected. Okay,"

He stood up and paced around before continuing. "So, Myst is Mystletinn, one of these Compass Rose Swords, huh. No wonder you had that gentle face when looking at swords and didn't particularly like guns. Ha ha ha!"

Sensing his focus on the irrelevant to be inappropriate, he stopped. "*cough*, ehem...right. Well, okay. So. Yeah. About this whole Compass Rose Sword thing, I don't really get it, but I think I know you know someone, or something, who does."

He looked at Non and Drallic before his hand disappeared inside his shirt and he produced the pistol he wielded inside the bath earlier.

"This is Peacemaker. It's a gun, but not your ordinary gun. It has its own sentience, and speaks to me telepathically. My mentor gave this to me...he told me it was some sort of artifact from the times of an ancient civilization."

He paced around again before continuing. "I don't know if you've heard about this tale, but there was supposed to be a civilization who wielded amazing firearms, far advanced than what is currently made today. But as they posed a threat to the rest of the world, their whole civilization was crushed, all things connected to them destroyed. Supposedly a few of those firearms survived and from those, firearms as it is today came about."

He again lifted Peacemaker and showed it to the others. "Now, this...gun, is one of those guns from that time. But not only that. My mentor said this one was special. He called this the original gun, from upon all guns were based off. I didn't know what it meant, but based on that time when Myst spoke incoherent words when I first came here with Peacemaker, and you told me about these Compass Rose Swords...well best to hear it from her, right Myst?"

5. - Top - End - #365

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic can expect many things in his life; the things he's seen back in his mercenary days is something that can't be counted on one hand. Yet of all of them, people being able to transform into swords is new to the minotaur. What really surprises him is that one of these people is a girl he's known for years now. Much like Clive, his mouth is open without a word to say. Still in his chair, he seems to freeze still as he watches Myst become a majestic blade in Non's hand. If Mystletinn happens to be one of the most powerful weapons in the world, Drallic is very, very glad it's in Non's care; he highly doubts anyone else could be a better master.

Despite this profound moment, Drallic couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Non after her story. Their journeys had led them here to try and escape danger and chaos and despite that, they end up back in it somehow. Drallic was one who enjoyed running into chaos and battle on sight as it's part of mercenary life. In a way he's glad to have gotten the chance to relax from travel and adventure since his life was skewered long ago; it gave him a different outlook than to train and learn. He wonders if Non and Myst think, or have thought similar.

As much as he wanted to find words, Drallic didn't know what to say to Non. The best he is able to do is give a sympathic look to her and gently place his large hand on her shoulder. If nothing else, Drallic gives a feeling of trust to the innkeeper, a feeling to let her know that he's gonna make sure to always be by her side in conflict.

Before he does anything else though, Clive goes out on his own explanation. Drallic recalls seeing this Peacemaker before but the gunsmith does everything he can to keep it hidden. The minotaur finally speaks, mentioning in a mostly amused tone, "Aw what's this now? We all been holdin' secrets with one another?" He pauses to see if he sunk in any humor to the scene before switching to a more serious tone, though able to smile a bit now. "Well I ain't really one to have a connection with Compass Rose Swords before, but if we're bringin' out our pasts to one another than I guess I better speak up too once both of you are done; you all should know me enough by this point that I ought to tell you."

Drallic goes back to leaning on his chair, trying to avoid being anxious as he waits for Myst to speak. As much as he is tempted to write this all down for a possible book he may try to write later, he gets the feeling that this is best kept from being recorded... For now at least.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-11-13 at 11:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Non looksa little sheepishly at Drallic and curiously at Peacemaker.

"Yes, I was suspicious after that incident too. Actually I asked Myst if it was possible to change to a gun." Non paused, and looked at Mystletinn with a smile. "But she does have strong feelings about weapons. Weapons have pride too, of course." Non stopped and became serious.
    "But Compass Rose Swords are different. Myst is more than a weapon. I believe that very strongly. She is a person too. Come on, Myst." Non said, and she held out the sword. A blast of wind and light filled the room, and Myst stood holding Non's hand again. She smoothed her hair and sat down, looking analytically at Peacemaker.

"Because she is a form of a gun, it is difficult to know exactly. But when we first met, it was the feeling of resonance. Our purposes are connected, even if I don't remember exactly." Myst said.

"Myst's memory is...well, sealed. That's why we're not sure what the purpose is exactly." Non explained. Myst nodded. She focused seriously, and holding up her right hand ,it can be seen the tattoo seal design glows a little, and her eyes seem to burn blue.

"Jenge xAe SCHEL.RING. J. L. R. TLFftQLOoBaCCjKKuVaAadM?"

She asks to the gun.

The glow fades and Mystletinn shakes her head. "It is resonance that activates it. If we are close together like this. I wonder, if it is SCHEL.RING, then why she has chosen a [gun] form, and why she won't answer." For once, Mystletinn looks a little haughty and crosses her arms, to look down at Peacemaker.
    "If Mystletinn takes a gun form, maybe she will answer?" Non suggests. Myst looks comically annoyed by this idea.
    "No! Who wants to be a stupid gun?"
    "But you're very beautiful Myst, I'm sure you'd make a wonderful gun! And Clive likes guns, you know." Non's expression became cat-like again.
    Myst turns red, to look sideways at Clive and Drallic for assistance. Non looks at them too. At the same time it is said:
    "What do you think?"
    "What do you think?"

(ooc)
    Spoiler
    Show

Jenge xAe SCHEL.RING. J. L. R. TLFftQLOoBaCCjKKuVaAadM?

Is it you, I address to SCHELRING, returning to oneself,

Myself to you to transmit strongly my ignorance of you, beyond the very dark world's great change, yet unknown the creation and destruction, both my hatred and joy to meet again your darkness?

(sorry, it was sudden for such a language of Artifact Spirit, but then to translate, probably it is no meaning in English. In this case maybe just such a Mystletinn the old language becomes used unexpectedly. If it is desired, Schelring can call her MYSTLE.TINN. Or of course if to be [disparage] to call "Mystletinn" or "Myst" of course is ok.

Of course suggestions of Clive and Drallic will affect response of Myst and Non, fu fu fu.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Playground 4: SAN Overboard!

Clive looked at Myst and Non, back to Peacemaker, then back to them.

"Ahh, no no no no. It's not your fault. She's just stuck up like that. She doesn't even talk to me properly. Oi, stupid gun, reply to my friend right there! I know you know her."

...it's not that I don't want to speak to her but that I cannot. Without my other half, I am limited to speaking to you, my master...Unfortunately...

Dammit, you had to add that last part, huh?

...stupid gun?

What?

...she called me stupid gun. MYSTLE.TINN has the nerve to call me a stupid gun?!

A chilling aura filled Clive's mind, giving him a cold sweat. It was the distinct chill he got when Peacemaker was angry.

Hey, hey, hey, calm down. Why're you so upset about that? I call you that all the time.

The chilling aura slowly disappeared.

...nobody calls me stupid gun but Clive...

What was that?

........!!

Clive's mind was suddenly filled with something weird, like what he imagined would be if pink was a feeling.

What the..Oi, hello?

...n-nothing. Anyway, tell that stupid sword that maybe changing into a gun might help.

Are you sure?

Yes.

Okay...anything else you wanna tell me?

Nothing! Go tell her already!!

Fine, fine! Geez...weirdo...

After standing there without saying or doing anything, Clive's gaze went back to Myst and Non.

"Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, she told me it's because her true form is that of a pair of pistols, and that other half holds half her power. Unfortunately, I am still searching for that other half, so right now, she can only speak to me...Anyway, she says maybe if Myst transforms into a gun, maybe that would bridge the gap...?" he said with a shrug.

8. - Top - End - #368

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic looks in fascination as Myst seemingly tries to interact with Peacemaker, or SCHEL.RING as it might be called. He doesn't have an idea how Compass Rose Swords work, but the idea of Myst becoming a gun showed a mystified look on his face. As Non and Myst look to him for assistance, Drallic rubs the back of his neck as he says, "Well my only recommendation is don't do somethin' you don't want to do. If you want to turn into a gun Mysty, go ahead." He then gives a playful smile to Myst, "Just wanna let you know though that I prefer you as a person than a weapon. I'm sure Non and Gunner think the same."

The minotaur then turns to Clive. "Speaking of which, Gunner have you ever even fired that special gun of yours? I've never seen you use it and if it's in half right now, does it even work as is?"

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Non looks curious. "She changed herself into two weapons? I didn't think about that. If one was lost... how horrible, we certainly should receive some answers! Well, Myst?" Non said, returning to a cat-like expression.

Myst is still red, to look at Drallic and then Clive with comical stammer.
    "B-but! No! It's a trick! That stupid gun just wants to reduce me to her level! I-I won't do it!" She crossed her arms petulantly.

"Come on, Myst. Please? Clive thinks it's a good idea too." She lowered her voice to whisper to Myst's ear.
    "And I'll let Clive hold you."

Myst grits her teeth with a frustrated look and looks at Clive.
    "F-fine. Because I want to know about my sister. That's all." She agrees like true [tsundere character].

To put her right hand with a tattoo on the hand of Non, Myst closed her eyes. A tornado wind filled the room and surrounded Myst, until with a glowing flash, it became calm again. A beautiful long sword of gold and silver markings, with a certain wing seal design on it's blade, and sapphires in the tail, Non was now holding Mystletinn. Only for this moment.

"Mystletinn, cut the skies, unite the four winds into one, become a gun greater than any other!" Non commanded. She felt a burning feeling on the tattoo that was on her back, and the sword Mystletinn in her hand felt hot as it changed shape.

Mystletinn shrunk. She shrank and changed until she was as long as a cooking knife. The gold and silver hilt changed to fit this design, until a sword had completely become a pistol. A wing pattern design was familiar, and yet now to look, the finished form was a beautiful gold and silver pistol with sapphire engraving. There was a final gust of wind and then room was peaceful.

Non smiled.
    See? It isn't so bad, is it? Shall I hand you to Clive?
    H-he's not a gun amateur like you! And I'm sure that SCHEL.RING is laughing now! My beautiful body was reduced to this style!
    Cheer up! You are very beautiful. You get to talk to your sister again. I'm sure Clive will compliment you too.
    N-Non!

Non walked to Clive. "Here, you can hold Mystletinn so she is close to peacemaker. Maybe have them touch? I'm not sure. Anyway, treat her gently." Non says, handing a certain pistol named Mystletinn to Clive.

In his mind there was a warm feeling like a summer breeze, but to change a little flustered.
    H-hello Clive.... Um, I'm sorry we had a secret for so long. As always, it was the a little nervous style of Mystletinn.

While Clive, Mystletinn and Schelring could talk, Non looked at Drallic with a smile.
    "While the Compass Rose Swords talk, let's hear your story Drallic."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I don't know this word in English ツンデレキャラ. So to write [tsundere character].

If it is desired, conversation of Mystletinn and Schelring and Clive can be written in PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

"Thanks," he said as he received Myst in pistol form. Then turning to Drallic, he answered.

"Oh, she can work as normal pistols, load her with bullets and powder. But she doesn't like it when I do that, so I don't. And she can be very terrifying if you try to go against her will," he said with a grin. "She can fire magic blasts as well, but I don't like using it, as it's too uncontrollable with only one of the pistols, she explained. I almost once destroyed a whole section of a village if not for me being able to point the blast in another direction. But that came with me breaking my right arm and not being able to use it for months. Ha ha ha!"

"Anyway, you both talk, I'll talk with them," he motioned to the pistols.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Clive found it weird to 'hear' the familiar voice of Myst speak directly into his mind. For quite some time, he had been accustomed to hearing another stern and cold voice only.

Ah, hello Myst. It's quite...

Hah! How dare you call me a stupid gun, you stupid sword! Now look at you, being in that form you called stupid. Ha ha ha!
    a cold, steely woman's voice cut in.

You didn't have to be in that form you know. You just had to transform into your usual form and be held by Clive and this would all work....ha ha ha ha! Who's stupid now?

Y-you! Myst sounds annoyed suddenly, and to respond. You are SCHEL.RING! You are miserable!
    Y-you didn't trick me! You told Clive that lie! He told Non and me. I just agreed because Non wanted this! And anyway, even if I become such a... a... weapon! I am a better gun than you!
    Such an argument continues.

What? You lied to me?! Clive cut in.

But then again, why am I surprised? I should have known. Sorry about that, Myst.

Oh, shush Clive. And oh, really now? I would like to see you try. Even when we were both swords, I could not recall you beating me even once. Ho ho ho!

Clive was silenced. Not because of Peacemaker telling him to, but that he was taken aback by the Peacemaker he is hearing now. Not once has he ever heard her talk this much, much less in this lively tone. Maybe even someone as stern as her did indeed have some sense of camaraderie within her, as evidenced by her reactions to Myst.

Anyway, enough chit chat. MYSTLE.TINN, my sister. It seems you have forgotten everything. Nevertheless, I think you know what our meeting here means. Things are falling into place once more. The world will change once again.

What are you going to do about it?

It's okay Clive- ...y-you! Just because I don't remember... no, you can't trick me! I would never lose to some arrogant gun like you. It is an annoyed feeling from the gun that is Mystletinn, but she becomes quiet when continuing of Peacemaker.

...Yes, I don't remember. But I know our meeting is important. I don't know how the world will change, but...

We both have a problem, sister. You are missing half of yourself. I am missing my memories before Non. Even if it is a blunt and gun-like plan... Firstly we must find these lost things.

Clive?
    The voice of Myst is cautious. If Non and I travel again, would you come with SCHEL.RING? Maybe we are two incomplete Compass Rose Swords...
    ...Guns...

But if there are two of us and Non and Clive, I think we can succeed.
    How about you, SCHEL.RING?

Very good answer. And your response, Clive?

What? Me?! Uhm, well of course it's a given! And ya know, even though I don't know about what this change you're talkin' about, but I feel like it's what I'm supposed to do. Ha! It's like I'm those heroes in my childhood stories!

...dream on.

Oh, shut up! Anyway, so Myst, are you and Non already decided on leaving? What about the Bukiya? And do you have plans on where to go?

Ah... Myst seems embarrassed. I don't think it is decided. I don't think Non has thought about it so much. She just seemed stressed and nervous, even to show such a cat-face before.

I am sure she would be happy if Clive told her... well... about a plan.

By the way, how do you like my form? I never had the chance to ask. Well, in front of Non it would be embarrassing because she likes Clive too. But you should really answer this question!

And who is a better gun, SCHEL.RING or me?

Wha-wha-whaaat?! Clive stuttered.

Ho ho ho! How bold. Are you sure you want to hear the answer to that, my dear MYSTLE.TINN? You're 500 years too early to be comparing yourself to me as a gun...

Ha ha ha, well, I'm in a pinch, here, am I?

Oh, be a man. Clive! Answer the stupid sword's question.

Shut up! Well, you look splendid in gun form of course, Myst. Even in this form, your cuteness shows. But of course, I think you look best in Non's hand. As a sword. That's when you look most beautiful. You know, if Non hadn't found you, I wished it were me who did. But then again, if that meant Non would have this stupid gun, then I'd I'd rather not have that. It would be best that I'm stuck with her, so that no one else has to suffer her...insufferable attitude. Ha ha ha!

...oh dear, you're just rambling now. I think we all know what that means.

Shut up! Anyway, it seems we've resolved this thing about this stupid gun being the actual SCHEL.RING. I think we better talk to Non about what we'll do about this next.

There is a pink feeling from the gun that is Mystletinn, but she sounds satisfied.

T-thank you! If Non hadn't found me, I would be happy to be found by Clive. Let's get along well.

...See SCHEL.RING? Who is the stupid gun? Clive calls you that too.

Ah, yes we should talk to Non. Please give myself to her. If SCHEL.RING wants to talk again, I don't mind. I'll even become a gun for you. Well, only because Clive likes guns.

Clive nodded.

Looking at the two who were conversing, Clive waited and listened for the right moment before cutting in.

"Hey, Non, here's Myst," he handed Mystletinn in pistol form with care.

"Well, it is as I have suspected. Turns out this pistol of mine is actually SCHEL...SCHEL.RING or something. One of those Swords you were talkin' about," he said with a shrug.

"So, Non. You were sayin' about leaving this place and going back to adventuring. It's not gonna be easy, ya know. You have a plan already?"

12. - Top - End - #372

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic looks in surprise at how Myst transformed herself into a gun. The sheer look of it is something he is both amazed and bothered by it. As she is passed over to Clive, Drallic mumbles quietly to himself, "I think I preferred her more as a sword." It's not that Drallic hates guns and muskets, but in a fight he's more comfortable going against someone with a melee weapon than something that can strike him out of range of his fists.

The minotaur watches in silence as Myst and SCHEL.RING chat through however they are able to talk. By the time they are done and Clive has passed back Myst, Drallic speaks up in a faux-annoyed tone. "So an innkeeper bein' a world-class adventurer this entire time without me knowin' and now you'll be off travelin' again?" He winks before patting Non on the back and sounding happy once more. "Well I don't think I want to be left behind now. I haven't been out to sea a lot lately and I think it's time I get back to it." He pauses before asking, "You plan to find the rest of the Compass Rose Swords now? I'm sure Mysty and Schelly would appreciate it. Right Gunner?" It's painly obvious that Drallic is now referring to SCHEL.RING as Schelly, whether SCHEL.RING likes it or not.

A moment later Drallic remembers something as he rubs his head. "Ah... I almost forgot. I should explain about myself before arrivin' to Wayfarer's Point." He then points to his eyepatch, "And how I got this. You all have the time to listen?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies for my delay in response. I hope we can finish this before P5 begins.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-11-21 at 01:56 AM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

25th of Amber's Fall, Late Afternoon

When Drallic mentioned Schelly, his right hand holding the pistol SCHEL.RING seemed to tremble and move, with Clive looking like he's trying to hold it back. Its barrel started to rise and point at Drallic, and the Gunslinger was now using both his hands to try to hold it back down.

"Oooh...hey, stop! You shouldn't have called her that...she's pissed...arrghh!!" he talked in laboured breath.

"No! Don't shoot! He didn't mean it! Nooooo!!!....." he said while still struggling with the gun.

And then he just stopped and stood normally, gun in hand and pointed down, laughing.

"Aha ha ha ha! I'm kidding! Sorry 'bout that...but seriously, don't call her that again. She doesn't like it...She hates cutesy things. Stupid gun," he said while shaking his head as he put the pistol back inside his shirt.

"Anway, go ahead. You were about to say something?" he said, beaming.

14. - Top - End - #374

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic is at first a little freaked out by "SCHEL.RING's reaction," but grudgingly calms down as it was yet another trick of Clive's. "Ugh," he mutters as he places his hand on his face. "Gunner you know I can take only so much jestin' from you each day." The minotaur shakes his head as he looks at Clive, then at Non and Myst. "Alright, well time to explain then. I'll leave some insignificant details out. Don't need to bore you all do I?"

Drallic puts on a nonchalant and experienced smile as he begins to speak. "Have you ever heard of the Blades of Bhūta? They're a secret mercenary group; recruits only who they choose, hires only who they select, and only makes themselves known at the most needed of times. They're considered among the elite and their brutal, unforgiving training is rewarded with skill and techniques unmatched throughout the land." Drallic points to himself. "I was one of their top mercenaries; worked with them for four years after adaptin' to their ways. Learned how to swim and maneuver through the water like you've seen me before; doubt there's another minotaur that can swim as such. The Blades first taught me how to drown before I actually swam. Terrifyin' event but it worked in the end... Now this is where you're all wonderin' how I got here."

Drallic pauses for a moment, his smile leaves and a quiet sigh takes it's place. "It wasn't pretty. Would you believe me if I said that some people can live on after death as ghosts? I met one of those, a Pirate Lord slain by the Blades nearly a decade ago and is now a physical apparition determined to take revenge on those who killed him... As far as I knew. It didn't say a word, instead deciding to slaughter most of the platoon I was a part of. I was thrown overboard during it, landing in the seas and it's jagged rocks." With little hesitation, Drallic removes the eyepatch that hid his eye, showing it's ruined form. "Damn rocks cut my eye good enough to practically slice it in half. Pain didn't get any worse than that and sure as hell don't want to go through it again."

Not really bothering to put the eyepatch on yet, Drallic looks down at it on the table for a bit. "Eventually by some miracle I ended up at the Crossroad Isles. Took some time there to think. The Blades never let one who went MIA back into their group; I often seen those that try to return quickly executed in case they leaked any info out. No doubt they'd try to kill me on the spot if they ever see me again. So I took up a small job as a fishin' merchant to hide away. Started makin' a book collection too in part to learn how to take care of the undead. Dunno if I ever will know..."

He lets his line trail in the lounge for a moment before smiling again, looking a little less uncomfortable now. "But that's all in the past now. I wanted to bring it up in case it ever follows us. I do have a score to settle with that ghost now." Drallic eagerly knocks his knuckles together as he winks towards Non with his working eye. "I don't really feel like stayin' at Wayfarer's Point if I know Bukiya's famous innkeeper will be leaving shore. You and Mysty want to find those other Compass Rose Swords, don't you?"

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Bukiya Inn
    Non, Mystletinn, Clive, Schelring, Drallic

Non accepted the pistol named Mystletinn from Clive with her content smile.
    "Did you have a nice talk?" She asked, before an explosion of light and wind filled the room again. Mystletinn had returned to being a beautiful sword. Non looked distracted for a minute, and then giggled. Something Myst must have said.

The display of Clive and Schelring seemed to surprise Non, as she talked to Myst.
    Of course you can't do that, right Myst?
    I wouldn't want to.
    ... Does that mean you can?
    ... No. I don't think so.
    Good! I wouldn't want you to kill Clive.
    Don't worry. I like Clive too.
    Did you tell him?
    ...A little.
    Ah, it's ok! We'll have lots of time.

But she looked serious again, listening to Drallic.

"I did hear about the Blades a little." Non stood up, and looked at her reflection in Mystletinn.
    "I... I love Bukiya Inn too. It's a home that I built. And it has many precious memories for both of us. All of us. I don't want to leave it." She smiled sadly. But then she looked determined.
    "But I can't continue to run away. We have to find the other Compass Rose Swords." She turned to look at Clive and Drallic, a determined smile on her face.
    "And...if you come with me, then it won't be so lonely. And we can make more memories together. Maybe Bukiya Inn will travel with us, that way. I think I'll sell the weapon shop to a friend in the Adventurer's Guild. And Bukiya Inn became so famous as an Inn, that the Guild will be happy to use it as a hall, on Wayfarer's Island. That shouldn't hard to arrange."

Non held her arm out, and with another explosion of light and wind, Myst was standing again, in human body. Then Myst held her open hand to Drallic, and Non reached for Clive's free hand too.

"If we're together, I know we can do it. If those undead get in our way, we'll cut through them. If any evil gets in our way, we'll shoot through them. As long as we're together, we can make it through anything. Right Myst?"
    Myst nodded, matching a smile, and looking at Schelring and then Clive.
    "Yes. I'm ready too. And I'm happy that Clive and Drallic will come with us on this adventure."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

"Hah! If it's the four of us, there's nothin' that could stand in our way!" Clive exclaimed as he raised his other hand in a fist. His eyes went down to his stomach and an annoyed look appeared on his face. "Right, five of us. Wait, no. Four and a half!" he said before laughing.

"Alright! Let's do this!" he beat his chest, before coughing from the blow. "...is what I would like to say, but unfortunately as I said before, I'm going to leave tomorrow morning. In fact, I have to make further arrangements for my trip later as well. Well, it's not like we could go ahead and leave just like that even if I wasn't leaving. You need preparations. I think by the time I'll be back, you'd have made your arrangements for this little trip of ours." he told Non.

"Oh, and since you were a mercenary, I think you'd like my little proposal, Drallic. A sort of stretching your legs before we go through with our adventure. Come, I'm meeting someone. I'll tell you on the way, and you can go home after and prepare your stuff."

"We'll be leaving first," he told the girls. "I'll be sleeping here of course, but I'll be leaving early tomorrow. We'll discuss things after we come back, okay?" he said with a wink as he turned towards the door and headed out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so you aren't confused, this is the night before Clive and Drallic leaves for the zombie adventure. So, continuing with this would be a few days after, say the 28th or something. Unless of course you want to add more things before then.

17. - Top - End - #377

SwashbucklerGuy

Drallic smiles at Non when she speaks about the plan to travel to find the other Compass Rose Swords. The devotion and conviction she has for this plan is clear to him; not many people, himself included, has that kind of courage. It showed all the more how important it is to go with her and Myst on this journey. Without hesitance he takes Myst's open hand to signify his own will to come. "Well you three all know me, I ain't one to back off from a challenge, much less an adventure when you are all involved." He flashes a teeth-showing grin as he finishes his sentence. "And a good dozen orcs ain't a bother for me, I doubt anyone would want to take us on together if they don't have an army!"

However, before he could get out of his chair, Clive mentions his little proposal to Drallic. The minotaur's grin changes slightly to an awkward look at he amusingly, yet annoyingly responds, "You pick the worst times for these, don't ya Gunner?" He gives off a slow, amused chuckle as he gently slaps Clive on the back. "Alright fine. You're goin' to get me in this mess somehow anyway. Might as well go along with your next insane plan." He looks to Non and Myst before politely asking, "Well guess we should plan what time for all of us to leave. Supposin' whatever Gunner has in mind doesn't go off the map, how about the night of the 27th? We can get out without too much attention. Sooner the better I say." He leans forward, arms on the table anxiously awaiting a response.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Non blinked and looked surprised with Myst for a moment, but then she sighs ruefully.
    "It can't be helped, right? As expected of Clive, somehow to run away before a journey. It's ok, we can prepare in that time, right Myst?"
    "Yes." Myst agrees with nod. "Please take care of Clive." She tells Drallic. Then she looks at Schelring. "You be careful, too."
    Non clapped her hands together. "After this kind of exciting conversation, I'm hungry! Wasn't Myst going to make food? I'll help Myst, so please wait warmly for a Bukiya Special!" She says, pushing Myst towards the kitchen with an usual content smile.

Morning, 28th

It's a wonderful and red and purple morning sky. Even the seagulls seem to be happy and ready for adventure today. Inside Bukiya Inn, it is a normal-like feeling. But somehow it seems a little quiet. Non and Myst are standing at the desk, with a short, white-haired girl with gold hair accessories wearing a Bukiya Inn uniform. Unlike everyday, today Non and Myst are not wearing Bukiya Inn uniforms. Non has her blue clothes and famous style. Of course it can be said that she has grown a little since to wear it, but to be good condition. It was dutifully cared for by a certain sword. Of course clothing are respected properly.
    As for a certain sword, she is standing silently, with a longing face, to hold tightly in her arms a certain owl statue. Mystletinn has said goodbye several times to Arukumedez, but until Clive and Drallic arrive, she will hold him tightly.
    Drinking a last cup of tea, Non looks nostalgically at the room.
    "We'll be back, Myst. We're too young to be innkeepers, you know. Maybe when we come back we can settle down and truly open Bukiya Inn!" The young white-hair had a smug and rueful expression of this.
    "With Clive?" Myst asked sharply. Of course swords are like this. Non's laugh was a little strange.
    "M-Maybe! Let's decide that later." She looked at the white-haired girl.
    "Sorry for the trouble. The Adventurer's Guild is free to use Bukiya. Of course please don't' destroy it." The white-hair girl laughed politely.
    "Don't worry, Non. I have plenty of time to wait. I think Bukiya Inn will miss you too."
    "I'll miss Bukiya, too." Non replied. Myst hugged Arukumedez tightly and silently.

19. - Top - End - #379

SwashbucklerGuy

28th of Amber's Fall, Morning

This morning is the usual process for Drallic, get up just as the sun appears to rise, fish for food and supplies, and deliver them as needed... Today is also probably what will be the last "normal" day for Drallic for what will probably be a long time. Today he finally leaves Wayfarer's Point for something more than a day. While excited to get out at sea, he has a feeling of sadness. He is going to miss this city for quite some time once cast away; he had plans to open a small bookstore sometime before the end of the year and this is likely going to delay that. However he knows what is more important and he would never give a friend up that he has known for years now. It's why he's been looking forward to this all along.

Entering Bukiya Inn with a cheery look, Drallic boasts out to the owners. "Mornin' Non and Mysty! Ready to tear the seas apart whenever you are!" His loud tone bursts any sort of calm and quiet conversation the girls might have had before. "Me and Gunner have the ship ready. Just suppose we're waiting on him now." The minotaur goes to pet Arukumedez.as Myst holds him tightly. His tone greatly diminishes in volume as he says to Myst, "...You're really gonna miss him, I can tell." He pauses before placing his hand gently on Myst's shoulder. "But no need to worry now. I'm sure Arukumedez will be fine while we're gone. And if he ain't, I'll be sure to return him to you in the condition he's always been in." Drallic winks and grins to the girls.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

While Drallic and the girls conversed, a disheveled Clive slowly descended the stair, his eyes still half closed, making him miss the last step and almost fell into the floor.

Recovering his balance, he looked at the minotaur and the girls.

"Oh, you're all here? Were you all waiting for me? Ahahaha! Sorry! All that fooling around with those zombies tired me out. Plus I had to do my preparations last night for our trip. Finished way past midnight, so I let myself in without bothering you two."

He combed his hair back with his fingers and slapped his face awake.

"So, are we all ready?"

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

The copper bell on the door rings as Drallic opens the door. Non smiles as she leans against the counter. "Good morning, Drallic." She says. Mystletinn nods seriously when the minotaur comes to pet Arukumedez.

"Yes. Arukumedez will behave, he promised not to follow us, but to wait and guard Bukiya patiently." She said. She took a deep breath and looked at Arukumedez, then kissed his forehead. "Goodbye Arukumedez. We will meet again soon." She said, to set the owl carefully on the desk. Then she smiled and turned to Non and held her hand.

As Clive came down the stairs, Non made laugh. "You didn't forget anything, right Clive? If not, then I think... we are ready. OK, Myst?"
    Myst nodded. "I'm ready."
    Non waved to the white-hair girl. "I'll write letters, so please keep them with the archive. When I come back, we can write a book maybe." The white-hair girl smiled and waved.
    "The Adventurer's Guild will keep Bukiya Inn safe. Have a safe adventure."
    "With Clive and Drallic? I don't think they know how to have a safe adventure!" Non laughed, as she walked to the door with Myst.

Outside the sun shined on mirror-like water. Seagulls cried with welcoming, and a sea wind smells like salt.