New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Luka, you seemed to not have noticed my post involving the clinic Violet is in that had its titled enlarged as well.

Underneath the large bolded title is Violet being interacted with.
    Oh, didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Edit: No, Phex is not himself Evil. He's more Chaotic Neutral if anything (Albeit he's leaning against the wall towards evil due to his race and self serving behavior). It's just that the Nightmare race as a whole are created in a horrible, despicable and cruel process that pretty much makes the very molecules that compose a Nightmare be evil.
    Dunno much about it, but shimmerite is somewhat vague atm, that means, it's just known as "shiny silver/mithril metal that is pretty hard and light and has light magic properties that one can train to use", not much said if it would hurt a nightmare when an user makes the metal not to; there's also it's reverse-polarized counterpart, gloomium, but that's used by a dark army at the moment.... With some metalic plates around the place and a sword that Blades took.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Oh, didn't notice.
    I figured from the lack of response to it in your IC post

*playful teasing*

3. - Top - End - #1113

No wait, I actually noticed, I just forgot to reply to it

Wait... Did Flameshield die or he just got badly wounded?
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-14 at 04:42 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, that is pretty vague, i'll say as much. Then again, Nightmares are completely vague so hey i'm making it up as I go. My current logic for it given the current information is that Nightmares are beasts made entirely out of darkness and feast on despair, light magic is their polar opposite, and it hurts like a son of a gun. If one focused Light magic on the task of banishing Nightmares from the physical plane, you could essentially create a Ghostbuster Proton Pack, except with the Nightmare violently exploding in pain instead of being stored.

Just my thoughts on it.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Firbolg in the Playground

The little dream beast that he encountered is currently an unformed evil monster lacking earth pony essence to take form. So future mind control/murder until its really 'alive' may not work.

Maybe they can talk, he can say stuff about how his mom is some crazy cursed gemstone.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

No wait, I actually noticed, I just forgot to reply to it

Wait... Did Flameshield die or he just got badly wounded?
    Being a semi-PC grants him a save roll against sudden and inglorious death.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Being a semi-PC grants him a save roll against sudden and inglorious death.
    I didn't want to point this out in case I was wrong, but the phrase "almost didn't catch the danger in time" would be a mite contradictory if he up and died.

Not to mention that, whether or not he realizes it, Barrel Rig probably helped save Flameshield's life with cutting the spear in two. While leaving it in has its own set of problems, at least it isn't massive, uncontrolled bleeding and a spearhead cutting more on the way out. That's the nice thing about stab wounds; leave the blade in, and it's surprisingly self-sealing.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #1118

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Not to mention that, whether or not he realizes it, Barrel Rig probably helped save Flameshield's life with cutting the spear in two. While leaving it in has its own set of problems, at least it isn't massive, uncontrolled bleeding and a spearhead cutting more on the way out. That's the nice thing about stab wounds; leave the blade in, and it's surprisingly self-sealing.
    That.... If the spear tip wasn't made of gloomium, otherwise that would be poisonous and maybe spread a faster and possibly more painful version of Violet's endarkened wound Who actually has some fragments of it inside the healed would

But still, it would work like that in his case too, just with possibly more hurry?
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-14 at 09:37 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

That.... If the spear tip wasn't made of gloomium, otherwise that would be poisonous and maybe spread a faster and possibly more painful version of Violet's endarkened wound Who actually has some fragments of it inside the healed would

But still, it would work like that in his case too, just with possibly more hurry?
    I think I kinda need you to clarify this. The spear is already poisoned?

10. - Top - End - #1120

Kinda, the spear's metal when lodged would leave the wound to it's magic influence if uncontrolled, which could, due to it's nature, kind of "poison" the wound's spot, like with Violet, just that with the spear blade stuck inside, the expansion could be a bit faster.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-14 at 11:59 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

Kinda, the spear's metal when lodged would leave the wound to it's magic influence if uncontrolled, which could, due to it's nature, kind of "poison" the wound's spot, like with Violet, just that with the spear blade stuck inside, the expansion could be a bit faster.
    Ah. So it'd more give problems later, rather than poison his system now. And hurt like a punk.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Let's get outta undead land.

"Because there's no whiskey there"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

[Alley of Nick and Pony-on-a-stick]

The unicorn would be controlling the tentacles with his magic, actually, he may be trying to make a third one appear

the pegasus wouldn't only be sslammed into the ground to make a crater and cancel her attack, but the hippogrif's attack would half-go into her armor through a join, both tasing her and the armor, mostly the armor... And yet she doesn't even wince, what's wrong with these? also the griffon might find her underside's also armored, and also there's 2 tentacles going for them, one aiming to crash the hippogrif against a wall, the other to the griffon against the ground.

"Ruby" would have been about to pull out the spear, but then it would be broken in two by Barrel.... Then *CLACK*, he would just pull out a dagger he had as secondary weapon and would try to take advantage of Barrel's approach and stab him under the chin, Battlefield 3-style; the other unicorn instead blocks Crimson off, and would buck him in the face while trying to slice his spear too, Snowflake would be ignored.
    Two Questions/Notes:

1) The unicorn might be ignoring the pain from the lightning, but it'll still wreak havoc with her nervous system. Tasing doesn't disable you with pain, it messes up the messages your brain is sending to the rest of your body, rendering you incapable of moving. So while the unicorn wouldn't be in pain, she wouldn't be able to do much either. Not sure if the tentacles are hers or not, that's also a bit confusing.

2) Just for clarification, "Ruby" is not a unicorn, and therefore probably has to make an awkward head/leg movement to get his dagger out? Non-unicorns - to me at least - are going to have a super awkward time switching weapons mid-combat, and I'm not entirely sure how "Ruby" is pulling it off quick enough for a counter-stab.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-01-15 at 02:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1124

Two Questions/Notes:

1) The unicorn might be ignoring the pain from the lightning, but it'll still wreak havoc with her nervous system. Tasing doesn't disable you with pain, it messes up the messages your brain is sending to the rest of your body, rendering you incapable of moving. So while the unicorn wouldn't be in pain, she wouldn't be able to do much either. Not sure if the tentacles are hers or not, that's also a bit confusing.

2) Just for clarification, "Ruby" is not a unicorn, and therefore probably has to make an awkward head/leg movement to get his dagger out? Just curious, as non-unicorns - to me at least - are going to have a super awkward time switching weapons mid-combat, and I'm not entirely sure how "Ruby" is pulling it off quick enough for a counter-stab.
    1) it's not the unicorn, it's the pegasus who's getting shocked, the green unicorn is the one who's using the tentacles, and he's being ignored atm.

2)....Derp, I can't remember if he is since the southern gare fight, I think I mentioned he is, isn't he? and if he wasn't, it wouldn't be much of a problem, they have the same armor-locks Luka has (the things that go *CLACK* and get weapons locked into hoof armor when inserted), yeah, he would need to make a somewhat awkward leg movement, but would it be that bad?
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

1) it's not the unicorn, it's the pegasus who's getting shocked, the green unicorn is the one who's using the tentacles, and he's being ignored atm.

2)....Derp, I can't remember if he is since the southern gare fight, I think I mentioned he is, isn't he? and if he wasn't, it wouldn't be much of a problem, they have the same armor-locks Luka has (the things that go *CLACK* and get weapons locked into hoof armor when inserted), yeah, he would need to make a somewhat awkward leg movement, but would it be that bad?
    1) Ah, okay. Melees can be kinda confusing like that. Carry on.

2) That's an important thing to keep in mind, but understandable given the number of ponies you have running around; I'd look back through the thread to double-check that. From how he's been fighting, completely sans magic and all, I'd assumed he was an Earth Pony or Pegasus. If he is a unicorn, then you'll want to specify how exactly he's attacking with the dagger, whether he floats it to his mouth or hoof for a stab, or just TK's the weapon. If he's not a unicorn, then I guess he can have the armor-lock stuff, but that really should be mentioned in description. The opponent is absolutely going to notice a knife-contraption on his hoof, and as such will be more on guard against sudden attacks.

Either way, a bit more description on the attack would be helpful, especially considering...

2.5) What on earth is "Battlefield 3-style"? I haven't played the game, I don't know who else here has, and the description has me imagining an attack from behind when Barrel Rig is in front of "Ruby".

I'm not trying to say he can't attempt the attack, I'm just having difficulty visualizing the action.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-01-15 at 04:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ettin in the Playground

I looked up a montage of stabs from Battlefield 3 and they all seem to be from the back into the trachea or adams apple (And chest occasionally). Basically thrust into person and hold onto them as they fall over.

To the best of my abilities that is how I visualize it atleast.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    I looked up a montage of stabs from Battlefield 3 and they all seem to be from the back into the trachea or adams apple (And chest occasionally). Basically thrust into person and hold onto them as they fall over.

To the best of my abilities that is how I visualize it atleast.
    Right, that was my first thought with an "under the chin" stab. Hence my confusion when the target is in front, but I suppose that might not stop "Ruby". These dark soldier guys have been previously known to let their rage get the better of them, and I could see one of them going for the throat regardless of logic.

18. - Top - End - #1128

1) Ah, okay. Melees can be kinda confusing like that. Carry on.

2) That's an important thing to keep in mind, but understandable given the number of ponies you have running around; I'd look back through the thread to double-check that. From how he's been fighting, completely sans magic and all, I'd assumed he was an Earth Pony or Pegasus. If he is a unicorn, then you'll want to specify how exactly he's attacking with the dagger, whether he floats it to his mouth or hoof for a stab, or just TK's the weapon. If he's not a unicorn, then I guess he can have the armor-lock stuff, but that really should be mentioned in description. The opponent is absolutely going to notice a knife-contraption on his hoof, and as such will be more on guard against sudden attacks.

Either way, a bit more description on the attack would be helpful, especially considering...

2.5) What on earth is "Battlefield 3-style"? I haven't played the game, I don't know who else here has, and the description has me imagining an attack from behind when Barrel Rig is in front of "Ruby".

I'm not trying to say he can't attempt the attack, I'm just having difficulty visualizing the action.
    on 2.5, derped again, sorry, should be editing that out, I just visualized him grabbing Barrel closer and stabbing right below the chin.

on 2) He did use it on the southern gate, most hints there are are him having a sword under the cloak to stab Violet, and he casted an energy Ball at Blades, but yeah, sorry about that, should have made it a bit clearer. XS
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

on 2.5, derped again, sorry, should be editing that out, I just visualized him grabbing Barrel closer and stabbing right below the chin.

on 2) He did use it on the southern gate, most hints there are are him having a sword under the cloak to stab Violet, and he casted an energy Ball at Blades, but yeah, sorry about that, should have made it a bit clearer. XS
    Right, it's just better to know that now in this combat.

As for the action, that's much more clear, and now it's up to Grif whether or not it succeeds.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-01-15 at 05:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll just add that please refrain from using references unless you're absolutely sure everyone will get it.

(D&D for example, is widely known around here, and references to them are usually acceptable. Although that kinda poses a problem to me since I haven't really have had all that much experience with it.)

21. - Top - End - #1131

Yeah I edited that already, I think I randomly added it in somehow like "derp"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

On the subject of the alley-fight, would folks be opposed to proper guard reinforcements showing up? Seeing how that part of the town's in an utter panic now and the alley is getting well and truly wrecked, I think the rest of the guard might notice something's up.

That, and the Captain hasn't made an appearance in quite some time...
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-01-16 at 10:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ettin in the Playground

On the subject of the alley-fight, would folks be opposed to proper guard reinforcements showing up? Seeing how that part of the town's in an utter panic now and the alley is getting well and truly wrecked, I think the rest of the guard might notice something's up.

Not improbable. The sorry six that turned up was just an advance party to scout out. But you would want to give Luka's ponies a few rounds to heed the warnings and get the chance to disengage.

24. - Top - End - #1134

Most of the wrecking's tornado-caused, all the tentacles would do is leave some 3 holes in the ground and they're smashing the dark army's oponents.

About if they appear, go ahead and bring more, since the red earth mare came back, it would be a fair fight now
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

About if they appear, go ahead and bring more, since the red earth mare came back, it would be a fair fight now
    I'm just going to say that for her sake, I hope the Captain doesn't discover where that blood came from.

26. - Top - End - #1136

I'm just going to say that for her sake, I hope the Captain doesn't discover where that blood came from.
    Why? he doesn't know the victim or something
    And how exactly strong is the captain anyways?
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-16 at 01:32 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

Why? the guard doesn't know the victim or something
    That's more a guess on my part who the victim is, but in case I'm wrong I'll just retract that statement as a derp on my part.

And how exactly strong is the captain anyways?
    The invaders probably wouldn't know this, but he's the head of the town guard and its strongest member. Haven't decided if I'm bringing him in for this fight yet.

28. - Top - End - #1138

That's more a guess on my part who the victim is, but in case I'm wrong I'll just retract that statement as a derp on my part.
    Well, I was just asking if
    Spoiler
    Show
    He would get mad at them for attacking Mile or just for attacking a colt

I meant how strong is he compared, since the red earth mare would be the attacker's group leader, and they were originally there to just capture the griffin, interrogate on where are their other targets, then finish them off (with a chance of escaping)
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-16 at 02:18 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I was just asking if
    Spoiler
    Show
    He would get mad at them for attac
    Spoiler
    Show
    king Mile or just for attacking a colt

I meant how strong is he compared, since the red earth mare would be the attacker's group leader, and they were originally there to just capture the griffin, interrogate on where are their other targets, then finish them off (with a chance of escaping)
    Response to spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the character/recruitment thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    He's the classic 'tough-but-fair' personality, and he's never cracked a smile in anypony's memory. His berserk button is when anyone threatens a foal. The last pony to hurt a foal in his sight was nearly beaten to death by Captain's bare hooves before ten guardsponies finally pulled him off the perpetrator.
    It may not be a foal, but it's pretty dang close age-wise.

As to the relative strength, I'd imagine comparable at least. In the last invasion, he killed countless Moose (think the giants of the pony world) with his bare hooves.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure I'm actually going to be bringing him into the fight, or just some more guards.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Response to spoiler:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the character/recruitment thread:

It may not be a foal, but it's pretty dang close age-wise.

As to the relative strength, I'd imagine comparable at least. In the last invasion, he killed countless Moose (think the giants of the pony world) with his bare hooves.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure I'm actually going to be bringing him into the fight, or just some more guards.
    ...Yeah, that's pretty close, though
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe Mile is actually a foal, dunno, pictured him around 5-7 years old, or close to that, I think; just pretty young

I was asking because of his rank being "captain", thought it's most likely there to put him as the commander, but yeah, being able to take on several giants may put him as comparable to her in a direct fight
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show