Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Alley of smashing

-Verdant-
    The helmet would be secured pretty hard.... And there are no chinks, there's just more plates above where the chinks should be, apparently mobile plates.
    Can I get an explanation for this?

The whole reason armor has chinks in it is to allow freedom of movement, as well as the ability to remove the armor. Armor with no chinks in it would just be a metal shell, incapable of moving, or ever removing the poor sap inside.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Can I get an explanation for this?

The whole reason armor has chinks in it is to allow freedom of movement, as well as the ability to remove the armor. Armor with no chinks in it would just be a metal shell, incapable of moving, or ever removing the poor sap inside.
    They're mobile plates, like kneecaps, it is connected by the 2 (or more) adjacent plates and floating above the chinks, protecting the joints, they're kinda tricky and possibly could jam. The pegasus, the earthy and verdant have them, the unicorn and "Ruby" don't since the former 3 have the better armors.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-26 at 12:25 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

For the record, waiting for Rainbow before posting with Sandy.

4. - Top - End - #1264

Waiting for Phex's player before posting to continue the stuff in the alley
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Say, Luka, anything on where that dark army is camped? Because Blueshield's kind of noticing it on the way to town.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #1266

It's still in the valley, actively trying to keep itself isolated.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Dwarf in the Playground

Because evidently, it's impossible to see what's in a valley you might be flying over.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

...yet, her wing's armor wouldn't be much...
    I would like to point out that, unless somepony can prove me wrong on this point, wing armor is pretty much a no-go. Anything heavy enough to provide protection would be too bulky/restricting to fly with. The statement, however, is still true, as "no armor" still qualifies as "not much."

Carry on.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Because evidently, it's impossible to see what's in a valley you might be flying over.
    Might be an illusion spell or glamor. Just throwing this out.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Troll in the Playground

I feel very confused by Daniel's inquiry in the 'it doesn't make sense to inquire about it to make it into a thing' . Does he not know that all the civvies are vamponies?

I thought we went over this already in the OOC with Amishpirate giving a nice breakdown on who the vamponies were, which included the civilian folk..and what not.

I'm just gonna let others post until I get your response in here for clarification.
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-29 at 03:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

Uh. I guess I'm gonna hold my turn as well until this matter is cleared up.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. That part I completely forgot about, because....uh...because...wait, what was I saying?

A question though: Why didn't they just vamp the cops? We just proved pretty decisively that if you just zap 'em they aren't the most reliable things.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Well, hey, they didn't vamp the cops.
    Yea, but the post did not make out to look to be referring to the officers, rather it just referred to the 'civilians' who are considered separate from the cops in terms of grouping.

I didn't realize we should assume that every single pony not wearing blue is undead, because that complicates things a LOT. My train of thought was supposed to be 'quietly seperate those in need of advanced dental care, wait for those not so to leave and THEN tell them what's going on so no one gets needlessly caught up in the ensuing panic'.

Now, though? We're screwed. We're so, so screwed.
    Well regardless I don't know how to respond to it as is ._.

On a randomish note and piece of trivia for everyone, there's about 35-40 vamponies altogether not including those that were murder faced or counting Zippity's unnamed 'children'.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Troll in the Playground

Yes. That part I completely forgot about, because....uh...because...wait, what was I saying?

A question though: Why didn't they just vamp the cops? We just proved pretty decisively that if you just zap 'em they aren't the most reliable things.

Oh, new post.

Clover didn't have the time to go murdering some cops and then getting them turned into vamponies, there was a time table and all he was following. Next best thing, a little glamour.

The glamoured cops was an afterthought thing for Clover while the dead civvy quota was getting met by the others, where then Spectre had done the ritual to turn them.
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-29 at 04:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah!! Curse your offline button, it never turns green! I redid the above post when I realized how stupid it was, and went back to edit Daniel's reply to a more feasible concern.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

Gah!! Curse your offline button, it never turns green! I redid the above post when I realized how stupid it was, and went back to edit Daniel's reply to a more feasible concern.
    I can't help it, I'm part ninja, I stalk and sneak up on good folks like yourselves.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ettin in the Playground

Hm, I wonder how far out of main timeline are Lone Star, Fox and Icy are now.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

Point of order, but weren't we taking the vamponies back to the Cirrus for now? Why the clinic?

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Firbolg in the Playground

Point of order, but weren't we taking the vamponies back to the Cirrus for now? Why the clinic?
    Honestly I think so things get awkward with the guard and townsponies and maybe have an awkward moment if a certain coltfriend finds out?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Honestly I think so things get awkward with the guard and townsponies and maybe have an awkward moment if a certain coltfriend finds out?
    Oh you.

I got a bad feeling about this.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Er, why would we do that? There's no reason to take them to the Cirrus except a deliberate possible security breach, and if you're thinking for medicinal purposes, even Taylor can't handle so many. 'Sides, if they're all grouped in one building, it doesn't matter quite so much which one it is. Besides, you don't think taking a bunch of frightened civilians and cops to a random ship outside town would be a little...suspicious?

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

Er, why would we do that? There's no reason to take them to the Cirrus except a deliberate possible security breach, and if you're thinking for medicinal purposes, even Taylor can't handle so many. 'Sides, if they're all grouped in one building, it doesn't matter quite so much which one it is. Besides, you don't think taking a bunch of frightened civilians and cops to a random ship outside town would be a little...suspicious?
    I guess I was thinking about this:

"So we're going to have everyone stay on the ship? I do think we have plenty of space in the cargo hold. Better than this musky depressing dungeon." Gearstride said. And if there was enough space to hold big ol mechas in the armory, the ship was big enough.
    So, I guess it's more that we can offer to keep them on the ship until their situation settles down. There aren't that many places where you can go without windows, after all. And the townsfolk/guard/police may not exactly be as forgiving as the Cirrus crew are. The ship may be a better place to put them is all, at least the civvies. Spectre's group we need to be a bit more careful with, but I think the offer would still stand.

Plus, it isn't some random ship. The Cirrus crew at least have moderate notoriety as a bunch of heroic do-gooders with a penchant for unnecessary explosions.

That, and I've no idea why they need to go to the clinic in the first place.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Ogre in the Playground

Their eyes are bleeding, man! We'd get lynched if we didn't try! But no, seriously, I didn't realize that you guys had made names for yourselves. I kind of assumed they were out-of-towners who just up and appeared one day. ...Like my characters, bar none!

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

Their eyes are bleeding, man! We'd get lynched if we didn't try! But no, seriously, I didn't realize that you guys had made names for yourselves. I kind of assumed they were out-of-towners who just up and appeared one day. ...Like my characters, bar none!
    Sorta-kinda. They are probably more known for their...enthusiastic approach to smiting evil. And by smiting, I mean exploding. And by "they", I mean Gearstride.

But more seriously, folks probably more know the ship than its actual occupants. There are likely some who bother to keep track of that sort of thing, but for the most part, more are familiar with the giant ship and its reputation than the specifics regarding its crew.

EDIT: There is a med-bay on the ship, if Daniel needs a reasonable lie to feed to the officers. Plus, giant airship kinda helps feed the whole "I get more funding in one mission than your entire department sees in a year" vibe.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-01-31 at 11:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Troll in the Playground

Plus, an airship is just plain cool beans.

Alrighty my loves, after this whole thing with Sandy drinking blood, I'm just going to gloss over the details on how a group of like 40+ made their way to the airship without raising a ruckus and poof them to the Cirrus ship.

Like a jump cut, or fast forward. A wizard did it.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, it's still nighttime. I am to also assume that Daniel's private conversation with the vampires who actually know what happened will go on there, then?

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorta-kinda. They are probably more known for their...enthusiastic approach to smiting evil. And by smiting, I mean exploding. And by "they", I mean Gearstride.
    I think Mr Narrator here is glossing over how Sandy "accidentally" that village near Hoofington.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it's still nighttime. I am to also assume that Daniel's private conversation with the vampires who actually know what happened will go on there, then?

well if you still want that conversation to play out there, that's fine.

We don't have to fret about the civvy ponies right now then, they'll be frozen in time until the rest of the gang is ready to go magically teleport to the Cirrus with a good old fashion jump cut. ^^

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Troll in the Playground

Hey kelvin360, Daniel is thinking those things to himself right? Not in the thinking those things because he thinks she can read minds right?

She can technically read minds...sorta...read recent-to older memories with a touch of her horn against another pony after she casts her spell on herself.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

No, they aren't outward. If he was trying to get a message across to a psychic it'd be more like:

CabbagecabbagecabbagecabbagecabbagecabbageMUSHROOM Scabbagecabbagecabbagecabbage...