New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Sorry for doublepost, but um.... Phex is attacking too, hey Tych there's a hostage situation now starting from page 18 if you didn't notice, I guess attacking wouldn't be a good idea because of his contract?
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Sorry for doublepost, but um.... Phex is attacking too, hey Tych there's a hostage situation now starting from page 18 if you didn't notice, I guess attacking wouldn't be a good idea because of his contract?
    Pausing my action again until this is resolved.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

I'm in a minor funk now on where to take this mini time skipped vampony scene now. ._.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    I'm in a minor funk now on where to take this mini time skipped vampony scene now. ._.
    Continuing in the Misc Adventure thread might be good. (I don't mind, so long the broad strokes of the overarching plot matches.)

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, edited to better fit the situation (It honestly slipped my mind, the post kind of got washed in a sea of Clinic's and Vamponies). Phex still has no idea what the heck is going on, but there's glory and potential wealth to be earned, and that's all that matters.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

6. - Top - End - #1386

Ok, so I'm kinda gonna try to make a list of the armor's traits.

Spoiler
    Show

Armor stuff

It's....Large, it's plates are 1-2 centimeters thick, and in the production process the metal plates are compressed, making them denser, harder and stiffer than what it would usually be, plus enchanted to use it's magic to make itself even tougher.

The armor itself is made of several plates, with chainmail below and padding below that, the armor would be black, covering the entire user, mobile parts would have several plates above them to keep mobility, they would kinda resemble a protoss reaver

The magic field makes it some kind of powered armor, it's got an energy shield-like anti-magic defense, works just like an energy shield when it's a blast or something, but whenever the intrusion is directed at manipulating the armor itself then it activates a backlash that uses the mage's own magic to trace to him/her and deliver an electrical shock depending on how strong is the intrusion attempt. However, when overwhelmed it may shut down for a bit, along every other magical thing the armor may have up at the moment (including the toughness improvement) until it is capable of recharging and turning on again. It's magic field is also usable as an own "mana pool" for abilities and such that may require it's use, but for that one one may require special training to tap onto the metal.

Some newer versions use mobile plates, that means "floating" metalic plates held by 2 layers of chainmail that protect joints and are connected to surround plates.

pros n' cons

pros
    -very,very tough
    -permits special skills to users that don't normaly have magic
    -lighter than what an usual armor would be in the same conditions
    -magic resistance

cons
    -inertial wreck, it's very easy to throw them around and usually end up flying several meters away
    -easy to overwhelm with a high amount of attacks
    -joints in older versions are easily vulnerable
    -weakness against a telekinetic field that achieves the first weakness
    -weakness against shimmerite, good-based and light-based attacks

Maybe it's a bit incomplete, but there's kinda some of the idea listed right in there
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-02-13 at 09:40 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

@Luka: I shall have better thoughts regarding the armor when I am feeling less sick. Blegh.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Dwarf in the Playground

4-5 centimetres thick? Sorry, but I don't see anyone in that much armour performing great feats of acrobatics. I'm no armoursmithing expert (even if Blades is), but I'm pretty sure most armour has a thickness in millimetres. Assuming you could even lift that much weight, you probably wouldn't be able to wall-jump or swim.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2013-02-13 at 09:06 PM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

9. - Top - End - #1389

....yup, now seeing it 5 cm is kinda oversized,, making them 1-2 cm instead
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, when I read that I backpedaled aswell. Even if during production it gets slimmer, 2 centimeters of that much metal is still ridiculous. Someone might he asking why that is, well that someone can read my answer here:

Spoiler
    Show
    For starters, the "outer coating" of the armor, the metal plating itself, is stated to be (I'm being generous here with reduction capabilities during production) 2 centimeters. By itself a strong person could move around in it without a big hassle. But then you tack chainmail underneath that aswell. Ok, now that person is weighed down and made simultaneously hotter (Due to wearing three sets of gear, because i'm assuming they're not naked underneath the armor) and made more pricarious due to the nature of dangling chainmail being near joints. Then stuff MORE layers of metal and padding inbetween and the inhabitant is cooking like a goose and has had his movement severely reduced due to the fact that stuffing more things in a small area causes everything else to get more cramped up and stuck in one place.

The protoss reavers were a pretty tough unit. But they were slow as ALL HELL. It's the reason why you needed to dedicate entire transports just to lugging the things around for use and escape. Plus they turned like an indecisive old man on a crossroad. Not to mention that they were highly advanced and powerful machines moving that thing, and it still moved slowly. I doubt a pony could easily manuever in the thing, let alone wall jump.

Edit of DOOOOOOM!: Ninja'd due to my focus on the paragraph. Didn't notice Luka posted again. Now i'm wondering how the pegasi knew it was a nightmare and not a myriad of other magical beings/just magic itself. Definetely going to have to haunt its dreams later.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2013-02-13 at 09:22 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ettin in the Playground

-Misinformed statement removed-

Apologies to Luka for this.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-02-15 at 02:57 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question about the armor's magical makeup.

It's still made of corrupted shimmerite, yes? Does that mean we're still classifying it as particularly vulnerable to light magic, and even more so to normal shimmerite weaponry or enhancements?
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

13. - Top - End - #1393

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The protoss reavers were a pretty tough unit. But they were slow as ALL HELL. It's the reason why you needed to dedicate entire transports just to lugging the things around for use and escape. Plus they turned like an indecisive old man on a crossroad. Not to mention that they were highly advanced and powerful machines moving that thing, and it still moved slowly. I doubt a pony could easily manuever in the thing, let alone wall jump.
    I only meant that a how plates protecting some parts would look like, not that they're just like the reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now i'm wondering how the pegasi knew it was a nightmare and not a myriad of other magical beings/just magic itself. Definetely going to have to haunt its dreams later.
    ...Yeah, should edit the part where it's specifically called a nightmare then.

@Kelvin Yup, that's another of the things I forgot to add

@Grif it should be no less than 1-1.5 cm, it should be easy to move due to the metal's lightness, otherwise they're going to be like tin cans, it's pretty much what I don't want ot make them
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-02-13 at 10:03 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

Ignore my last post. I was an idiot there.

Really should learn not to post when tired. Carry on.

15. - Top - End - #1395

So I'm back.
    Was pretty okay about the season finale.

Where was I needed last? I'll get to it soon as possible tomorrow.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

@Mindfreak: What are your thoughts on how the wedding should go down? Were you planning on having bachelor/bachelorette parties for Blaze and Hover? Is the actual wedding this ponyday, or the next one? I ask so I can plan certain events around it, and of course plan hijinks for the wedding itself.

@Kelvin: If it helps your planning, Sandy won't be waking until the afternoon unless sufficiently (and magically) disturbed.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

I tend not to be great at instigation in RP, but if you plan to wait on Taylor, I'll see what I can do.

While we're on the subject...

Arvadraa is waiting for Lemongrass and Gak
    Thunderbolt is waiting for...everyone and their first cousin
    Daniel is waiting for Jewel
    Zaros is just kind of standing around until something happens
    Rangolan will likely hang around until approached. You know, making merry and talking around and all that.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night Jewel's latest post is actually meant to be what's reacted to.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Speaking of unfamiliar presences, a CLUNK sound echoed through the ship. It seemed Night Jewel's entrance to the actual decks was rather less graceful than she intended.

{SOMETHING ABOUT CAMELS}! You're supposed to be stealthy! She took a moment to catch her breath. Right. This could be awkward. Plan A: Hide. Plan B: Make an excuse. Plan C: Negotiate a bribe. Plan D: Get out of here.

She glanced around, then crept into the nearest room, where she hoped she wouldn't be noticed.
    See? There needs to be at least an acknowledgement of her rather clumsy entrance before we can continue.

Meanwhile, Blueshield never got clarification on whether she could actually at least notice the dark army. It can't be that easy to hide a force that big, can it? At the very least, the effort to hide it might be conspicuous.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Question for Cirrus ponies controllers.

1) Do the Mysterious Backer have other secret projects other than the Cirrus?

2) Are known competitors or rivals of either the Cirrrus or the Backers?
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Question for Cirrus ponies controllers.

1) Do the Mysterious Backer have other secret projects other than the Cirrus?

2) Are known competitors or rivals of either the Cirrrus or the Backers?

1) Well the main head honcho backer Balboa does, he always has side and secret projects going on, he just can't help himself to these things.

2) Balboa doesn't like to suffer rivals or competitors if he can help it.
    =================

also, Orzel, is Grills really gonna take in a vampony pet that he keeps in the basement during the day?

also...on a random note not directed at you, I almost forgot she was still a sand mummy right now in the conference room, poor girl.
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-02-18 at 06:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

I'd imagine they have quiet rivals, folks who would cause an inconvenience for the Backers if they could, but wouldn't dare openly oppose them.

22. - Top - End - #1402

Below contain reference to a spoiler of the recent episode.
    It also made me cry
    Click at your own risk.
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

I feel utterly confused about having Miss M in the Medical Bay anyway at this time. What was the reason and point again?

Orzel, were you planning on something? I see you post and in makes me think you had nothing more on the scene otherwise you would have posted with Rainbow?

Alright nevermind, kelvin pretty much made a ninja edit the moment I submitted my post that made me sound like a whiny twit.

actually no never mind, the recent edit post makes it seem they're in the same timeline when they're not. I'm back to being confused.
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-02-19 at 02:56 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Well in fairness to Orzel, it's not like she has anything better to do or anywhere better to be. And the inner monologue's already stated that she doesn't want to be around her...uhhh....extended family in the cargo bay. Thusly, my conclusion is that several hours after she...whatever...the robot finally caught up to her and dragged her off to make sure she didn't go anywhere.

And, coincidentally, she could actually be helpful in that exact location, even though Rainbow's intention was to just keep her on board (in a drunken haze, mind).

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'm waiting on Gak...

and uh... the Alley in general, methink.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

*bursts in through window*

Basically, the reason Rainbow had AIDA go fetch Miss M was that Sandy spazzed out last night and made her promise not to let the vampony leave before he got a chance to speak with her. This would be something that Taylor overheard, and could remember when she enters.

I figure if nothing else, she can be in the past for at least a post or two and have a private conversation with our good medic. Heck, by coming to the medbay, she's technically fulfilled AIDA's orders, so she'd be free to leave and come back later.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-02-19 at 05:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Well in fairness to Orzel, it's not like she has anything better to do or anywhere better to be.
    I had wanted her to sleep the day away until nightfall came again, she's been through a lot mentally and needs dreamless sleep ._.

what I had hoped for

That was what I wanted after a quick encounter in the medical bay with Rainbow (before she passed out) and or Taylor (with Sandy asleep) for whatever the reason was again, and then have her be off to sleepville.

But I can't now, since your post is implying she's been up and never went to sleep like she should have.

._.

28. - Top - End - #1408

Wait
    Wait
    Did I read that right?
    Gear's chest is...missing?
    How isn't she dead? Your chest contains important things! D:
    Busy with Life

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Wait
    Wait
    Did I read that right?
    Gear's chest is...missing?
    How isn't she dead? Your chest contains important things! D:
    Just her hoof! Just her hoof is missing. She's holding it against her chest to hide the fact that it's a bit stumpy.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    I had wanted her to sleep the day away until nightfall came again, she's been through a lot mentally and needs dreamless sleep ._.

what I had hoped for

That was what I wanted after a quick encounter in the medical bay with Rainbow (before she passed out) and or Taylor (with Sandy asleep) for whatever the reason was again, and then have her be off to sleepville.

But I can't now, since your post is implying she's been up and never went to sleep like she should have.

._.
    I'm just trying to figure out a way to justify all this that doesn't make the universe implode...