New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Southern Comfort IC

((I guess Gregor can steal unconscious half-orc girl without offending anyone))

Gregor drags all the stuff woth dragging to the trees (help is welcome) and starts to organize sleeping places for everyone, using various soft dry vegetable materials (survival 10+5 = 15).

"I'll stay the last shift."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

(I guess not, unless she's in the water.)

"No name?" She moves towards the nixie's stone. "That's no fun. You should come up with one. Give people a name to fear." She helps take the items to the trees, helping out. "Any spellcaster want to take the first one or shall I?"
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"I will take second shift if we are bent on staying here," Horbin will call tot he others.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Grath continues setting up his tent, although he dragged it a little bit away from the water first.

"Goodbye, naked nameless water woman. That is too long. Grath calls you Vaelva. Goodbye, Vaelva."
    Blank 3.5 Character Creator Iron Chef Style Tables (in Google Sheets)

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier.

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Vaelva?" the Nixie giggles, which looks odd on such a creature. "Sounds rude. I think it will do. Well, cheerio". She disappears beneath the water.

"The Fey," said Bethlen tonelessly, "Talk way too much. Thank you for the blade, Orc."

And then she experimentally stabs herself in the arm with it.
    damage:(1d4-1)[2]-Without visible effect.

"Ludicrous. Kresta, do you want to take this and I'll have my sickle back? It's a right sort of metal."

The half-orc prisoner, still too weak to move, glares at all with sullen fury.

* post roll count doesn't match database

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Delphi helps Gregor move things, though she mostly helps him carry numerous small objects, leaving the heavy lifting for the much-stronger man. She also works with him to gather food; that said, it clearly isn't her strong suit, and she only manages to find enough nuts and berries to feed herself. She seems a bit embarrassed about that, muttering something about how a woodland scout should be able to live off of the woodlands a bit better.

After getting the camp set up, she listens to the talk of shifts with some interest. "I can take whatever shift you want me to; I don't need all that much sleep. And if anyone wants me to share their shift with me, I won't mind that either." She winks, and laughs a little, finally seeming to relax from the encounter with the enormous monster. You can't tell if she's kidding or not.
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

Gregor smiles. Then he smiles wider.

"We should make hunting trips together. To do, you know, some... hunting." - then his smile fades away - "Just not today. Todaywe have this half-orc who definitely regrets being draw into this whole robbery business against his free will and is going to renounce such an associacion and shop us the ringleaders. Correct?" - looking at the prisoner.

Today Gregor does not go any serious distance away and does not spend any serious time in the seatch for food, but he has 10 (will be 9) medium-sized daily rations, each of which is good for one meal shared between him and the dogs.

8. - Top - End - #308

The half-orc girl gives you and Bethlen a sullen stare. "Don't know if I've got a thing to say to you. Killed Pappy. Killed Percy. Killed cousin Vladimir. Even took my bow. Kill me, you got the guts. Or feed me to the beast like the spooky bitch did that ____.Else I'm going home to mum and keep her safe, 'till friends arrive".

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ettin in the Playground

"Family busines... that complicates, I guess..." - Gregor looks nowhere near happy - "Those red-cloacked friends of yours killed some men today too. And you all were too numerous to start a debate. Risky business, that is... why are you doing it?"

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

"If killing needs to be done, Grath will do it or call Vaelva back. Vaelva and her family need food too. Who are friends who are coming, and when?"

Grath casually eats some jerky from his trail rations while asking this, chewing slowly, and in front of the prisoners face. He lets some bits fall on the ground, then picks them up and puts them back in his mouth while doing so.

So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

11. - Top - End - #311

The half-orc spits blood at Grath's feet. "You're ready to kill. Not so ready to figure out why. These red-cloaked ----s? Friends? No friends of mine. Call 'em workmates. I hear there's some fancy word, Confederates Think that fits the bill. Bad ones. Only one o' them I liked a little was the Half-Elf bint. An' I hear she bought it on the Fall. Well, I think me an' mine have done with Ajneguhs. %%%% doesn't know good people. Knocking over caravans. And doing it badly. Pappy should have shot that **** Grumio on the spot and fed the ginger bitch to the water monster. But he wasted time talking."

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, if say you're done with this business AND you care to make a substantial commitment about the size of your right thumb, I guess we can let you go. Not today, but most likely next morning. Which way is yours? I might be interested in meeting that Ajneguhs... hm, not to work for him actually... who is he? And why are these confederates doing it here?"

13. - Top - End - #313

Bethlen gives Gregor a look. It almost looks impressed. "You'd cripple her and let her go? Cruel. Better to kill or forgive."

The Half-Orc growls. "Don't need your help, Carrion-Kite Caller. Kissed by midnight you were. You, Halfing. Ajneguhs is a ****** idiot in a pretty mail shirt and red robe. And Dastana, the cheating ***. Uses fire magic a lot. Has a dungeon about two days up the valley, supposed to have some tricky magic stuff as you go in. Never been in. Nor Pappy or the others. Ajneguhs seems to be afraid we'll steal the ****** cutlery or somethin'. Got two champions. Black skin. Funny ears. Hair as white as Spooky Bitches' isn't.

He's got some beef with Ashdown. Thinks he's puttin' together an army. You seen how well that's goin'. Got some secret backer who talks with him magically and sends him shinies. That how that **** Grumio got those gloves he never stopped yappin' about.

As for us, we're from east. March of the Caroline. Only Pappy got into some trouble and we signed up with Ashdown, then we got into trouble with them when we lifted some things. Ajneguhs seemed like a good deal at the time, but when he recruited these **** we started hittin problems. Or, problems started hittin' us."

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"I say we 'forgive', if she will lead us to the place. Let us deal with the head or at least neck of the beast that is causing the problems now that we have severed an arm," Horbin chimes in.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

"Orc has done nothing to Grath to forgive. Forgiveness up to Bethlen and Kresta. But orc must be no threat to me. Orc will point on Ingva's paper to all areas, yes?

"Not go up valley yet. Get supplies at town first, then valley."

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Dardiana goes over near the half-orc and sits down. "So we killed your family, save for your mom. In my mind, I want to let you go, let you return to her. But the chances of you not coming back for us is... not very high. I'm fairly confident that you will get friends and try to get revenge for your pop and the rest of your familiars. And we can't have antagonists in this story of ours. So, can you give us any reason to trust you and let you go?"
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground

"She was looking at the woman, when she said her family was killed, not us, I don't think we have anything to worry about, unless she wants revenge on her, and we try to interfere. I think we... (what I say next depends on what I learn from the sense motive roll)

Sense Motive: (1d20+1)[5]

If I think she is telling the truth about going home to protect her mom and not seeking revenge;
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We can trust her to keep her word and head home and stay there...*looking down at the captive orc* "Isn't that right? You won't pursue us? You'll go home and stay out of our way, AFTER sharing with us all you know?

If I think shes lying;
    Spoiler
    Show
    We need to put an end to her, I don't trust that she won't do something we all may come to regret. We should kill her now, revenge is a powerful motivation, she will do whatever she can to make those responsible pay for what they did, and it won't matter who is in the way either..."

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Gregor listens to half-orc girl carefully, then nods.

"THAT is enough of commitment. I am not in command of this band, but to me, you are free late morning tomorrow." - Gregor gives her one trail ration (which should be enough for dinner and breakfast) and some water do drink - "You see, people try to push the limits and some are even afraid... at least, I can promise you will not be tortured."

Gregor sits on the ground and tries to think about what the girl told him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (nature) (1d20+1)[20] to have an idea about "black skin, white hair" types.
    Knowledge (arcana) (1d20+1)[10] to have an idea about power level of Sending and other means of distant magical talking

"Can you tell more? Like if this Ajneguhs himself is spellcaster and how that Dastana looks like? Or maybe what those champions are known for, other than apearance; I mean, fighting style and such..."
    Last edited by u-b; 2012-07-20 at 10:07 AM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Delphi appears at Gregor's side, silent as can be, listening and watching politely and with interest. After he finishes, she speaks up, her voice thoughtful and light. "I have no problem with letting you go. I'm not a murderer, and no one here should be; there's really not much else to do with you." She looks at Gregor, and she smiles a bit. "I'm going to trust your judgement on this one, big fella."

LGBTitP

20. - Top - End - #320

((I'll start summarising if that's what you want.))

Gregor
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are actually familar with the "march of the Caroline" it is to the east, and is the Imperial territory opposite the part of Your People's lands from which you are from. The mountains are much less of a barrier there, and relations between Your people and the Caroline Marches are quite antagonistic, with constant skirmishing and stealing of each others's laundry.

You spoke to sombody with black skin and white hair this morning. Somehow you don't think she's talking about Ingva or any other elder member of one of Your People's dark skinned tribes.

You know Sending is fairly powerful mgic, though hardly unknown.

Marn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She doesn't seem to be lying. Funny set of lies to tell if she was.

((Oh, slavery? Unknown to Your People. Regarded as abhorrent in most parts of the Empire.))

The Half-Orc regards the "Champions" and being complete fruitcakes, but also dangerous. Pointed to Ingva's map (which unfortunately will have to remain unfinished until I have my own computer again), her vague guesturings match up with the crude sketch you found on the Redcloak leader, the much-lamented and well-loved tactical genius Grumio.

She laughs in your face at the thought of promising to NOT take revenge, though is equally adamant that given the choice she'll by putting a lot of distance between herself and you very quickly. She's also quite keen not to meet "that mincer Vierzehn at Trammelburgh"

She confirms that as far as she's aware, yes Ajneguhs is a spellcaster. His dastana (which are specifically illegal in this setting, hence "cheating") are a copper-bronze-looking alloy and are marked with an image of six angular black wings (she thinks they are jet inlays) sprouting symmetrically from a small ovoid central hub. She's always wondered if he worships a crippled spider or something.

Ajneguhs is a tall, blond-haired, well-spoken man who can handle himself in a fight with light weapons, and at one time she considered him very attractive. That opinion has since been clouded by what she considers his judgement errors, such as attempting to build a army of forest bandits by recruiting urban street toughs.

There is one exchange that stands out:
    Bethlen:""Kissed by Midnight?", Kissed by Silence, in fact. But how did you come to know that expression?"
    Half Orc: "What expression? I just meant that you're a dark little piece of work"
    Bethlen::(Who is actually taller than the Half-Orc, though the latter is considerably heavier) "Oh? No harm done then."

After this, Bethlen seems to lose interest and helps Kresta get the overburdened mules unloaded. Their conversation, for those that pay attention, is mostly revealing that Bethlen wasn't present when these mules were loaded, and that Kresta knows more about the crgo than she does. Bethlen's description of the cargo from before is still broadly accurate, althouh a lot of it seems to be contained in three bags, which contain much more than they should (they spend some time checking the contents).Both of them keep insisting that the other relax. Bethlen thinks Kresta should take it easy because she's had a much worse day. Kresta thinks Bethlen should relax because she's wounded and physically weaker than her (Kresta has a stocky build, while Bethlen's very slender). They continue bickering like this throughout the job.

As the stars start to come out, Thorwalt gets a fire going and says his prayers to his master.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Dardiana takes a shift of watching. Other than that, she sleeps.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Delphi doesn't rest much, though when she does she finds a larger person to cuddle up to, not putting much worry into who they are or what their gender might be; she just checks that they're one of the people she started out with before collapsing into sleep, having stayed up for the two earlier watches. It turns out that she ends up with Dardiana, but if that bothers either of them they don't show it.
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-07-21 at 10:18 PM.

LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Grath takes his turn at watch, whether or not Bethlen disturbed his slumber.

Checks:
    Spoiler
    Show
    spot:(1d20-1)[4] (darkvision 60')
    listen: (1d20+1)[10]

24. - Top - End - #324

The night passes uneventfully...
    Grath: (and anyone who's a covert pervert)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Knock knock", you hear outside you tent-flap, sometime in the deep night. Enter Bethlen.

"It's half an hour 'til your watch. Which should be enough time. If you'll have me". She hooks a thumb into a fold in her leathers, and jerks it down. The armour disengages from itself in a quick series of brazen snaps. The serpent amulet, briefly exposed, she flicks over her shoulder so it hangs down her back.

"As for myself, It's been weeks, Kresta won't be in the mood for a while, I'm tired of watching that little She-Hobbit make moon-eyes at everyone, and you were quite impressive today. So, going to grasp your weapon to yourself all night?"

..for a given value of "uneventfully." ((We'll cut to next morning after we know what Grath is going to do.))

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Grath shrugs but says nothing, unsure of how to respond. Still saying nothing he removes his remaining clothing and tosses open the blankets.

26. - Top - End - #326

Grath:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She pounces, right into a tasteful fadeout. 'Cause DM doesn't write porn.

Erotica maybe, but not porn.

The only details that I'm going to record is that yes, she does have some Damage Reduction (not a lot, but enough to make her a lot less fragile that she looks). And that she hums this little tune afterward while you dress yourself for guard duty. She is gone by the time you return from watch.

((I was going to be coy and just post the notation without any clue where I stole it from, but I figure if Julian May can friggin' steal "Londonderry Air" by name for her Tanu, I can steal this for...whatever she is. Also, I can't view that link 'cause China doesn't like youtube. Hope it works.))

The morning dawns overcast and grey, though not in the least uncomfortably cold. Dardiana and Delphi are cuddled up together in a not uncompromising heap of sleeping furs. Thorwalt has nodded off next to the ashes of the fire. Bethlen and Kresta are huddled next to the mules, Kresta's head in Bethlen's lap. Bethlen's hair is wet. The trickle of water from the not-undistant stream is the only sound the world makes, as the dawn's light slowly climbs behind the clouds.

Except for birds of course. No bloody sense of atmosphere. Stupid things.

((Anyone I didn't mention is wherever they want to be.))

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Dardiana wakes up slowly, stretching her arms a bit before noticing a weight on her left side. She focuses on it to see a brown haired girl. She moves a hand over to the hair and begins to stroke it before singing a soft sylvan song.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328

((Oh, XP!

Everyone gets 120 for "defeating" the Nixie. Less than she's worth, but you don't expect to get full XP for letting someone else throw an Elf in to see what would happen.

Grath, Delphi, and Dardiana get something 50 XP bonus for their noctural activities. (I was tempted to give 107 each, but that's too much). I won't be giving XP for getting laid again (unless it's done REALLY awesomely), but it did give the campaign new possibilites. Gregor gets 25 extra for picking up on Delphi's come on.

Gregor, Dardiana, Grath, and Delphi get 50 each for the interrogation of the Half-Orc.

Horbin gets 50XP because in retrospect, I snubbed him earlier on. This is my recognition of the fact that he keeps doing the right thing even if he seldom says why.

Marn Ortul gets 50 XP for having learned a valuable lesson about messing around with sinister-looking stuff that plainly has an owner.

SO, to conclude:
    Marn Ortul gets 170
    Gregor gets 170
    Horbin gets 170
    Gregor get 195
    Thorwalt gets 120
    Delphi, Dardiana, Grath get 220.
    I want you guys out of Level 1 pretty soon, so help me))

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Early morning Gregor feeds the dogs, takes a short refreshing bath in the stream (without attempting any swimming or such), refreshes his water supply, then goes back to the camp to wake up anybody who is still asleep.

"Marn do you have a sheet of paper and some ink? I'd like to write a letter to Ingva."

((Marn apparently does not, but Gregor is not aware of that))

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

If it does not disturb Vaelva, Grath will strip down to a loincloth and take a swim, not only to cleanse himself but to refresh himself. He packs up his tent with a strange smile on his face, which he tries to hide.

Bluff check: (1d20-1)[0]

He is careful to try to treat everyone with indifference, but cannot take his eyes off of Bethlen, which he also tries to hide (using same bluff check).

EDIT: And apparently is it obvious to anyone, including the birds, the trees, and NPCs on the moon, that he is grinning from ear to ear and staring at Bethlen. Wow.
    Last edited by mattie_p; 2012-07-22 at 10:47 AM.