New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Southern Comfort IC

Bethlen moves to r6, mutters "Fleur de mal", and suddenly a mass of black-and-purple blossums are swirling around the boar and the two wolves, raking them with barbed thorns.

Boar: Damage(1d6)[5] SvAgainst Poison (1d20+7)[18] SvADistract(1d20+7)[26]

w6 Wolf: Damage(1d6)[4]SvAgainst Poison (1d20+5)[10] SvADistract(1d20+5)[11]

w7 wolf:Damage(1d6)[1]SvAgainst Poison (1d20+5)[17] SvADistract(1d20+5)[25]

2. - Top - End - #392

w6 wolf takes 1d3 str damage.(1d3)[3]

The wolves run like hell away, w1 off to the north, w6 and w7 retreating to the south.

The boar looks annoyed.

Bethlen remarks, to the world in general. "That frelling poison never works on what you want it too."

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Grath roars in frustration that the boar is still in the woods. He gets himself more and more angry while waiting for it to leave the woods.

Spoiler
    Show
    Action: delay until boar leaves the trees. At that point, resume initiative and charge to nearest square and attack twice using whirling frenzy (posting actions and results now)

attack 1: (1d20+9)[22]
    damage 1: (1d12+12)[24]

attack 2: (1d20+9)[11]
    damage 2: (1d12+12)[20]

Spoiler
    Show
    (note, str +8, bab +1, M/W +1, -2 for whirling, +2 for charging, -1 for daylight)
    Blank 3.5 Character Creator Iron Chef Style Tables (in Google Sheets)

Chairman Emeritus of Zinc Saucier.

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

Still have ready action to use MM on whichever enemy leaves the woods first

5. - Top - End - #395

((And that would make it Thorwalt's turn, followed by Horbin's.

I don't care about what the wolves do. Do you? They're exhausted))

6. - Top - End - #396

Updated tacmap as requested:
    --abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKL
    -1~~~................T...T.T..TT...TT..T
    -2~~..................T.T.T...TT.T..T..T
    -3~~.................T..TT.T...T.T...T..
    -4~....................T.TT..TT.T.....T.
    -5~~@..$............H.T.&T.T...T..TT.T.T
    -6~~MM........#....N...T..T...T..T..TT.T
    -7~~M........D........T..T..TT..T...TT..
    -8~~~K..................TT.T.GTC.T.T..T.
    -9~~.....W............TT.T...TBT..T..T..
    10~....................T.TT.T..T.T.TT...
    11....................T..T..T..T..T..T..

Yeah...you guys could have handled a Dire Boar. Especially with Bethlen apparently determined to jump down it's throat.
    Oh, and Stoat . They're very cute if you can avoid noticing how big the claws are compared to everything else/

7. - Top - End - #397

Thorwald moves forward, standing shoulder to shoulder with Grath, ready to charge the boar once it clears the woods.
    "That's it, lad! Show it your teeth. We're gonna hold a nice barbeque tonight, hahah!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action: charge:
    att (1d20+5)[8]
    dmg (1d8+3)[11]
    possible crit (1d20+5)[14]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Attempting to force the boar in the direction of his companions, Horbin launches forward around the trees and swings at the wild beast with his mighty blade.
    Moving to V5 from U4 to get around tree.
    Attack (1d20+5)[19] Confirm (1d20+5)[23]
    Damage (2d8+4)[12]
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

9. - Top - End - #399

The boar's eyes light with fury as the blade sinks in, but Horbin has cut too deep. Its entrails a gory mass splattered against the rough bark of the wildwood, it sprawls in death. Its final expression is one of acute annoyance that it hadn't been a Dire Boar.

"Well", quoth Bethlen as she sashays over to cut its throat with her sickle. "That's lunch sorted. If we want."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

"Cook the liver, it's totally fresh and would be delicious! Also very quick to cook!"

Wasting no time after the boar is killed, Gregor turns to chase the wolves.

((If these are indeed exhausted, they have a whole load of penalties: -6 to both str and dex, can neither run nor charge AND move at half speed; if meraly fatigued, then only part of that))

11. - Top - End - #401

((I've been letting them make double moves, but that's probably an error.

Just make a survival check. If it's really low, one might get away.))

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"That went down easily enough," Horbin says as he dislodges his blade.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

After some time spent chasing the last wolf, Gregor returned from the norh, accompanied by Abyss (loaded with a dead wolf) and two other dogs (very enthusiastic about the happenings). No one seems hurt. Gregor unloads the wolf and then brings three others in a similar manner (them being near this took much less time).

Going to gut the trophy, Gregor reached into his boot only to discover that his knife is nowhere to be found. He then vaguely remembered some activities back in town, like betting, throwing, winning, drinking and ... well, apparently leaving the knife where it hit.

So, Gregor starts to gut the wolves using one of the redcloaks' shortswords.
    Last edited by u-b; 2012-07-31 at 08:29 AM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Delphi frowns at Gregor, but she doesn't voice any real objection to the hunting. Instead she looks the boar over, curious. "I wonder why it was so enraged. I mean, are they usually like that? I wouldn't know, I suppose. It just sucks for the wolves that they were driven to such a bad place at a bad time; they never really stood a chance against a boar that size or our group."
    Red Hand of Doom in Eberron IC | OOC | Rolls

LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

"They might have attempted to prey on his piglings, maybe even eating some... that would be no wonder."

Gregor shrugs. As reasonable as this hypothesis might be, it had no solid base whatsoever.
    Last edited by u-b; 2012-07-31 at 09:09 AM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm fine with eating boar... or wolf." She walks over to Gregor, who she saw cutting them up with shortswords, and pulled out her dagger, holding it out to him. "Here, use this."
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Delphi pulls out a dagger, casually lobbing it through the air to stick in the carcass next to Gregor. She only glances over her shoulder for a second to throw, and she looks back to the forest before it hits its mark. "Use mine; it'll fit your hand better, since it was actually made for a person of proper size instead of a clumsy, lumbering," she pauses, and looks to Dardiana, blushing a bit and obviously abashed. "Er, that is to say, a tallfolk."
    Last edited by RaggedAngel; 2012-07-31 at 02:01 PM.

LGBTitP

18. - Top - End - #408

Thorwald, still ablaze and looking thoroughly disappointed, sheathes his morningstar and finds a huge piece of wood to lean on.

"Clumsy and lumbering, hmm? You know, you may be right, Delphi. If we ever go dancing, I could perhaps prove you wrong. But then, you might have to stand on my feet!" Thorwald chuckles heartily at his own joke and smiles his big smile.

In the meantime the log is now very much in flames and Thorwald jumps up, surprised.

"Well, it seems I made a fire... I could go for some early dinner."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

19. - Top - End - #409

Kresta looks at the group a little uncertainly. "Trammelburgh's only a few hours away--" She looks to Bethlen for guidance.

Bethlen is slicing into the boar's flesh with her sickle, preparing to flay, but looks up at her with an inscrutable expression. "Early afternoon, early evening" she says gnomically. "The boys and girls deserve some flesh. Trammelburgh will abide, and Quattro Vierzehn too." That thought seems to trigger something, and she abruptly stands up and scans the treeline. "They'll see our smoke from Trammelburgh from here."

That does click something in Kresta. "This is Redside. Not Ashdown territory. Vierzehn would think twice."

"He would. And then he'd do it anyway. Especially if he's got wind of redcloaked thugs skulking around." She addresses the group. "Let's be a bit cautious about shooting at people we don't know from now on. Agreed? Kresta, could you help me with this slab of fat--"

As Kresta goes over, there's a quiet interchange. "When have you ever been to Trammelburgh? Or met Vierzehn?"

"I haven't done either. I have sources."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Dardiana looks at the tree and the flames now on it (since that would be the only large piece of wood around here). After a few seconds of watching them, she turns to Delphi. "I don't mind being called clumsy, as some of us are, just like some of your race. But please don't say that I'm not a 'proper person'." When Kresta and Bethlen begin to talk (since I put this off for so long), she shut up and listened. "Got it, diplomacy first, shooting second. Let's hope they do the same if they come to us."
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

Gregor thanks Dardiana and Delphi for the knives, he uses Delphi's to gut the wolves (not skinning them yet), then cuts some sticks and helps with cooking choice-parts-of-trophy-on-a-stick for everyone.

((Craft 10+0 = 10 for himself and +2 on Bethlen's efforts))

22. - Top - End - #412

It soon emerges that neither Bethlen nor Kresta have any real skill at butchering, but it's a big animal, and they manage to hack off some decent bits regardless.

Pointy sticks are found, the fire is built up, and the pork sizzles.

The Mules seem to welcome the chance for a rest, and no wonder.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Horbin will look up. [what relative time is it?]
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Grath shrugs, his eyes focus, and he seems to shrink within himself, shoulders sagging as if exhausted. He kneels and takes a moment to recover.

Rising, he removes his pack and ruffles through the contents, removing an item, adjusting, and repacking.

He fills a small iron pot with water from the creek and sets it to boil over the fire, adding some black powder to the water. He patrols around for a few minutes, standing guard over the group while waiting for his coffee to be ready.

[SPOILER]
    Spoiler
    Show
    spot:(1d20-2)[4]
    listen: (1d20+1)[20][/

So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.

25. - Top - End - #415

It's a little before noon. And DM is drunk right now.

Further plot complications will ensure when DM isn't drunk.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"We should eat lunch then move on, would we arrive before dark," Horbin asks the two women.
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

27. - Top - End - #417

Bethlen and Kresta look at each other, then laugh in a rather annoying way. "Oh, big man does talk!""Shut up. We're only a few hours from Trammelburgh. Like I have said. It is not a major town. As I have implied. However, it is closest, has the requirements to dispose of your loot, and the contacts to allow us to get our requirements fulfilled."

((Or, you could go extra distanceto Ethandun and see how badly Korgoth has screwed up.))

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Speak when I feel I need to, and this is that time," Horbin retorts. "Trammelburg seems like a good place to try bedding for the night, much better than this spot."
    www.eldeberon.com

Yuri

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Grath returns from his patrol, apparently seeing or hearing nothing. He grabs his mug from his pack and grabs a cup of coffee, asking around, "Coffee?"

Seeing the attempts at butchering the boar, he decides to offer his assistance, not shying away from the blood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aid another attempt (Survival??) (1d20+3)[6]

Apparently Grath would just get in the way, so he offers coffee to the butchers instead.
    Last edited by mattie_p; 2012-08-01 at 04:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Delphi perks up, excited. "Coffee? Really? 'S been years since anyone's let me get within ten feet of the stuff; something about over-excitability or some silly gibberish like that. If only we had chocolate to go with it; that really puts me in a mood."

She grins and looks to first Dardiana, then Gregor while speaking, before glancing back up to Grath, rocking up onto the balls of her feet, holding her arms together in a gesture of supplication. "So, ah, right. I'm little, so I won't ask for much. Please?"

LGBTitP