New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 2F: Ponibooru, We Hardly Knew Ye...

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I've never been young

Trolling people like that are just too much fun to resist. My suggestion is to use Roid Rage. That'll really drive them crazy.

(autosuggestion is apparently a word. huh)
    No... I could write a story about that sort of thing, but that's not what I want. The offense must come from the wild, passionate but ultimately innocent love (we're talking much more than a kiss here, you know) between two colts, not from something that really is morally reprehensible. I want to offend people who think innocent love is something to be offended by, while hopefully other more reasonable people will get the message and just shrug or even think it's a nice story.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    The genderbent CMC.
    We have a winner. You can all go home.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

The genderbent CMC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Mmm... yes, there is indeed great potential there!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    True enough. The point is still to write a story about young love, though, so it should absolutely be two colts.

There's Featherweight, too.
    I was on a mission a while back, can't remember which one, but I saw Featherweight and Private Scootaloo making ga-ga eyes at one another.

Not sure if this helps or not. I still have no clue what the Tartarus this "thread" thing is. :/
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-06-22 at 05:58 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

No... I could write a story about that sort of thing, but that's not what I want. The offense must come from the wild, passionate but ultimately innocent love (we're talking much more than a kiss here, you know) between two colts, not from something that really is morally reprehensible. I want to offend people who think innocent love is something to be offended by, while hopefully other more reasonable people will get the message and just shrug or even think it's a nice story.
    I thought we were still talking about a kiss. Never mind.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #277

I understand that there are people who suggest that friends should stop friends from doing things like this. I want no truck with those people. You should totally do it.
    *deploys squirt bottle* Bad Thanqol! No egging on the fic writers to troll with clop fics! No!

The genderbent CMC.
    I am torn between wanting to disapprove of this for its wrongness and admire it for the epic level of wrongness it achieves.

EDIT: on second thought, this is pretty much my feelings on ponythread in a nutshell, at least some of the time.

Well, depending on how far you go with this you're probably going to end up beyond an "innocent love" story and smack dab in the middle of a "loss of innocence" story. But if you want to try to pull it off more power to you.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-06-22 at 06:38 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

8. - Top - End - #278
    Firbolg in the Playground

I just have to say, that's amazing pencil work.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I just have to say, that's amazing pencil work.
    It's also unnerving as all heck for Deadly to be posting that right now

10. - Top - End - #280

Hey Sweetie Bell! Come check this out!

Whoa! How'd they do that?! Why do people even remember me making that face? That's like, a perfect replication!

11. - Top - End - #281

I think I've become hooked on ApplePie.

Any fics or pics to recommend?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    That may arguably be true for naval combat, but definitively not for ground combat.

Infantry are quite effective against armoured vehicles; when attacking with suitable anti-armour weapons from positions, particularly given the poor visibility of armoured vehicles. (That's why things like the BMP-T were invented.) However, that's not running around from place to place like nineteeth century cavalry, that's making use of the terrain to hide and snipe, in which being a quadruped will not give you any advantages. Standing out in the open will get you exactly as killed now as it would in WWI, let alone WWII. The way infantry wins against tanks is the tanks not seeing the fraggers and getting shot in the back by RPGs from somewhere they can't see. Terrain and visibility, contrary to what most wargames and Hollywood will tell you, is the most important factor in combat.
    My concern is more logistical in nature. Not about effectiveness but about sustaining that effectiveness. The cost of tanks versus RPGs and so forth. And perhaps believing it to be fairly rare to have the actual existence of flat open spaces that don't give infantry somewhere to hide.

It's covering to the join lines is by far the hardest bit. (And it's the legs that are the problem). I was hoping by using the peytral and croupiere I could mask the difficult top shoulder/hip joints relatively painlessly (in that it only took me three hours to do that shape...), but that's obviosuly not going to work.
    Welll if it was covering another flaw I don't know what to tell you.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know any applepie stories sorry.

I do know that the children of the night animatic is amazing and you should all go look at it.

As is the Moon Rises animatic, but you all shouldve seen that by now.

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I don't know any applepie stories sorry.

I do know that the children of the night animatic is amazing and you should all go look at it.

As is the Moon Rises animatic, but you all shouldve seen that by now.
    Children of the Night is glorious so far, the animation looks fantastic and I'm enjoying the haunting yet sweet song.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Hahahaha!.....No. I am more closely related to Boffenspark than her, because I was at least once mortal. By the way, her name is apperently Bright Socking.I have no idea about that means, but I am horrified. Clockwork, please help the lovable eldrich entity with distracting her/it.
    You know, Silent, between helping me meet my current paramour and your introducing this filly to Clockwork, I'm starting to get the feeling that if you were ever to seek alternate employment, you'd do quite well as a matchmaker.

No, but I do think she likes, certent things that I should not realy say. Oh, wait, I think she likes you. Thubby, expect your dragon and membership package to come in soon.

Heh, suckers.
    Er, you are aware, of course, that the insane cultist you're attempting to recruit is a longtime servant of the Pink-

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    excellent! in that case,
    *wraps arm around pokonic*
    I have an idea
    *teleports self and pokonic into the sun*
    AHAHAHA
    Well, that didn't take long. Igor, open an intercepting portal before Silent Night is incinerated. If anyone is going to put an end to that undead twit it's going to be me!
    Ook.

Gahahahaaaaaaaa, oh no, you sent me into the sun, what shall I doooooo....

Oh, wait, get a tan. I have so many protective spells on me right now I don't know what half of them do. Immunity to fire was the first one I picked, because if I have to deal with one more fire elemental I might just scream. Now, while I do wish to whip out a pair of sunglasses to mock you, alas, last time glass melted over my eyes I remembered just how much that hurts. So long, my good friend, good luck the deamoness who knows where you are now!

"teliports out"
    ...and nevermind. Ah well, since we have the portal generator warmed up anyway...
    *opens portal in Silent Night's lair, flooding it with chocolate pudding*
    Ohh, it's good to be back.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    You know, Silent, between helping me meet my current paramour and your introducing this filly to Clockwork, I'm starting to get the feeling that if you were ever to seek alternate employment, you'd do quite well as a matchmaker.

...and nevermind. Ah well, since we have the portal generator warmed up anyway...
    *opens portal in Silent Night's lair, flooding it with chocolate pudding*
    Ohh, it's good to be back.
    Glad (not realy, but still.) to see you are back from...wherever you went. I would assume you took on my deal on Porka Porka, but I have been quite occupied so I have little time to deal with meddling nitwits like yourself. Actualy, I think the cult sent a box of Ghoul Scout cookies ( Eternal Dark Chocolet!) to your airship. There actualy quite good.

Also, that's actualy relivent. You see, entities with such a long lifespan such as myself (and presumably you now.) tend to take on interesting hobbies. While the ambent energy generated by such lovey-dovey activites leaves me with minor pains, it might very well be a option later on. Nightmare knows the cult can use a infusion of young blood that's not a punk. I must confess I wish to know how miss Fernia has been doing. The Fire Realm is trying to kill me.

Also, I must admit that young Bright Stocking is actualy a eon-old Deamon formerly under Tireks employ (luckaly, a merger between the Followers of the Darkness and the Dark Rainbow cult landed her in my employ), and that she was actualy supposed to kill Thubby. Well, if young Clockwork can find a relationship out of it, good for him.

Oh, and when the portal's started, the little ghoulies where awaking. I do belive they are attempting to make a card to send to you, with crayon art to boot. Arn't they just adorable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

So....

Emails went out to the finalists of the Summer Funimation contest that I submitted my screenplay adaptation of Sunny Skies All Day Long to.

I didn't get one. I'm kinda bummed right now, and somewhat annoyed to boot. The most common praise I hear for SSADL is "It should be an episode!" and then we get a chance to actually DO it, and it gets snubbed.

Oh well, hopefully the final product will show me why.

18. - Top - End - #288

Also, I must admit that young Bright Stocking is actualy a eon-old Deamon formerly under Tireks employ (luckaly, a merger between the Followers of the Darkness and the Dark Rainbow cult landed her in my employ), and that she was actualy supposed to kill Thubby. Well, if young Clockwork can find a relationship out of it, good for him.
    Uhh... Po? I can call you Po, right?

Anyhoo, Bright Sockings here doesn't seem like an Eons old deamon. More like a 5 or 6 year old filly. All I know is that she really likes it when she's hugged, especially by Charger. Those two have been hanging around together a lot...

Also, I've seen this Alabenson guy make reference to you as "Silent". Are you the leader of the Silent Night cult that we've been hunting for the past few weeks?

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    So....

Emails went out to the finalists of the Summer Funimation contest that I submitted my screenplay adaptation of Sunny Skies All Day Long to.

I didn't get one. I'm kinda bummed right now, and somewhat annoyed to boot. The most common praise I hear for SSADL is "It should be an episode!" and then we get a chance to actually DO it, and it gets snubbed.

Oh well, hopefully the final product will show me why.
    Writing contests are harsh, man, you can not get your hopes up about them. I always get nervous when I notice people getting their hopes up about winning a thing or getting a certain reaction for their writing. If it's not received the way you want it to be, it can destroy your motivation. Happened to DarthBobcat over Semper Fidelis.

Do it because you love the writing, man, not because you're expecting to get anything out of it. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, that didn't take long. Igor, open an intercepting portal before Silent Night is incinerated. If anyone is going to put an end to that undead twit it's going to be me!
    Ook.
    i did nothing that wasn't in a direct effort to fulfill my contract

Also, I must admit that young Bright Stocking is actualy a eon-old Deamon formerly under Tireks employ (luckaly, a merger between the Followers of the Darkness and the Dark Rainbow cult landed her in my employ), and that she was actualy supposed to kill Thubby.
    oh? I'll have to file that away for future use. though now im curious, what made you think she could kill me?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe... maybe I should replace Scoots with another colt. Yeeeees! But who?
    No, there's no shock in shipping SnipsXSnails. To really get in people's grills you need it to be something kind of awful, like SnailsXFluttershy.
    True enough. The point is still to write a story about young love, though, so it should absolutely be two colts.
    The genderbent CMC.
    Not...so...fast.

A new Challenger appears!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Uhh... Po? I can call you Po, right?

Anyhoo, Bright Sockings here doesn't seem like an Eons old deamon. More like a 5 or 6 year old filly. All I know is that she really likes it when she's hugged, especially by Charger. Those two have been hanging around together a lot...

Also, I've seen this Alabenson guy make reference to you as "Silent". Are you the leader of the Silent Night cult that we've been hunting for the past few weeks?
    Well, yes, that's how she gets into your life. Then she slowly and surly breaks down you life for her own amusement. It's already happening. One day, soon, your going to wake up in a liquid slurry that used to be charger.

But hey, if you have worked things out, good for you. Also, no. I run the Scions of the Nightmare (renamed due to public demand) . The Silent Night Cult is actualy a band.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    [COLOR="Indigo"]
    oh? I'll have to file that away for future use. though now im curious, what made you think she could kill me?
    Oh, not kill you, realy, but distract you. Hopefuly, the two of you would simply stuggle out in some dark corner of the universe until the sun goes red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Well, yes, that's how she gets into your life. Then she slowly and surly breaks down you life for her own amusement. It's already happening. One day, soon, your going to wake up in a liquid slurry that used to be charger.
    What, they're getting married?
    Congratulations, you two.
    Ha, relationships.

24. - Top - End - #294

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Ha, relationships.
    Charger: Who is getting married? To what? Who is being ground into slurry? What are you ponies talking about?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Snips and gender-swapped Twilight who is aging backwards into a fetus and also he's a hedgeh-
    Mmm... yes, there is indeed great potential there!
    Rats, too late.

I tried to do some Jetty Pea fanart, but, well, it was one of those days at work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

26. - Top - End - #296

Ha, relationships.
    WHOA WHOA WHOA. Wait, what?!

I mean, we've kissed a couple of times...

However, that still doesn't mean marriage!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Writing contests are harsh, man, you can not get your hopes up about them. I always get nervous when I notice people getting their hopes up about winning a thing or getting a certain reaction for their writing. If it's not received the way you want it to be, it can destroy your motivation. Happened to DarthBobcat over Semper Fidelis.

Do it because you love the writing, man, not because you're expecting to get anything out of it. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Oh, definitely, don't worry. But it was kind of a dream to see my story turned into an actual fan episode. I didn't get my hopes up too high, but I was still hoping. Otherwise, why would I enter?

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    WHOA WHOA WHOA. Wait, what?!

I mean, we've kissed a couple of times...

However, that still doesn't mean marriage!
    "No? Then what does it mean?"
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-06-22 at 09:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

It means we have multiple ponies called Charger kicking around?
    Hilarity Ensues!
    Quiet, you. That's not helping.

30. - Top - End - #300

It means we have multiple ponies called Charger kicking around?
    Hilarity Ensues!
    Quiet, you. That's not helping.
    "I have been cloned? Or is this an alternate reality thing? I admit I am not particularly brushed up on my dimensional metaphysics."