New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Nexus] Serious Plots 4 - So Srs it hurts.

This thread is for the more Serious Plots in Nexus that people don't think really pertain to the ACROs or Inside. This is also for fairly longer plots, unlike the Random Places thread.

Rules:
    1:Use [Location] Tags
    2: If need be, use a [Plot] Tag as well.
    3: Each [Location/Plot] is under the owner's control.
    4: Play nice.
    5: Keep the Drama Low. Yes, this is a serious Plot thread, but please, as rule 4 says, play nice. Just because the Plot is supposed to be serious, it doesn't mean you should take everything seriously.

If you think your plot is rather silly, or aren't sure if it's long enough, try the Random Places and Plots thread.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Serious Plots 4 - So Srs it hurts.

[Outside Professor Affidavit's Factory]

From a small pale blue glowing ring in the sand, a man with glowing green eyes emerges. His glowing green eyes survey the surroundings as he steps out of the way, his black cane sinking into the desert sand with each step.

It's midday, a sea of sand stretches in all directions, and it's pretty damn hot.

Through the heat haze to the north, however, there's a definite metallic...thing...visible. From this distance it's too far to make out clearly, but there's definitely something over there.

Peering closely at the image, Claudius nods and turns to wait for the rest of the group to arrive.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[OPAF]

Reinholdt steps through and looks around.
    Did this place even have sewers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Field]

Mścisław rubs the back of his head. It's not a comfortable topic for him, but since the saviour of his village wants to know...
    Well, he left our village to become a soldier. Later on we heard he'd killed a noble and got hanged for it. Our poor mother didn't take that well.
    "You'd heard?" Adir holds a hand up above his head, where his antlers would be if he hadn't just shed them. "Tall guy? Real dark hair? Doesn't smile much?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

[Field]

Mścisław nods slowly. That does sound like him, my lord. Always stern and serious, that was my brother. I... understand you know someone who fits that description, lord. While he's pretty slow, this conclusion is a pretty obvious one.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #6

[Field]

"Yeah, he's a, uh, swordsman at Watchtower. I think you two need to meet," says Adir, studying the other man and then looking out toward the field again. Perhaps the stag could take Mscislaw back, but he'd be leaving Boris without back-up.

Of course, Mscislaw could always just go on his own.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

[Field]

Mścisław swallows. This is a lot for him to process. If this man really is his long-lost brother, he's also a member of Watchtower. That means Someone Important. He's not comfortable with talking to such people familiarily, as you do with your relative.
    I think you're right, my lord... but first I need to go back to my village and reassure everyone that the danger has passed, for now at least. And, uh, think about it, I guess. I didn't expect my brother to be alive, if it is him.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #8

((Also, I think my post may have been missed in Watch))

[Field]

"Yeah. You're right. Go on home, think about it," says Adir, smiling and patting the man's shoulder if allowed. "We'll handle things out here."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-20 at 01:24 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

((So it was. I edited my post there.))

[Field]

Mścisław is patted on the back and nods. Thank you my lord. We're at your service if you need anything. Good luck. The ex-serf turns to leave.

10. - Top - End - #10

[Field]

With that sorted, Adir retreats into the trees, heading back toward Boris's little camp. He hops in his suit, the metal panels closing around his face and torso. Before long, Boris might notice the beast of a machine making it's way back toward the field.

Comms come in, and Adir says, "Arright, Boris, you settled in? Gotten comfy now?" One can almost hear him smirking. "Cuz I am. Got a loooong night waitin' for us."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Up a Tree]

"I've had longer," Boris says. "I'll be fine for the night, do not worry about me."

12. - Top - End - #12

[Field]

"I wouldn't dream of it," Adir really must ask Boris about his past sometime. Sounds rather intimidating, when he talks so vaguely. The stag hides himself in a small bush, shutting his suit down for the most part. Rather comfortable in the temperature-controlled environment, he waits for the night to come. Like Boris, he'll merely be watching the field and the town for the time being.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

[Field/Up a Tree]

The night will pass uneventfully, save for animal noises, the animals themselves and an assortment of insects. It seems that there are no more demons in the vincinity, at least for now. The Lady Midday is also silent, as she's inactive from dusk till dawn.

14. - Top - End - #14

[Field]

Adir, wide eyed and exhausted, powers up his suit an hour or two after dawn breaks. He was likely pestering Boris overnight - talking about his family and his life, mostly. Perhaps occasionally asking Boris some personal questions about where he comes from and what his plans are.

The stag lumbers across the edge of the field in his suit, the powered armor doing most of the work for him, and makes his way back up toward Boris. "Think it's okay to head home? Haven't seen a damn thing all night." He figures they can rotate with some other Watch members to make sure the village is safe.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Up a Tree]

Despite having stayed up all night, Boris is somehow still as alert as ever. He doesn't converse much with Adir, only acknowledging his topics, congratulating him on his family life. He makes sure to deflect any and all questions about himself or his home, though. He still doesn't want to tell people about the life he lived in Spetsnaz.

"You go. I can stay here for another day or two," he says.

16. - Top - End - #16

[Trees]

Adir would protest, believing that a soldier - especially a sniper - needs his rest. However, for all he knows, Boris doesn't actually need to sleep. In any case, the stag yawns over their comms and says, "Yeah, sure. I'll send someone your way to back you up. Lemme jus' go get Mscislaw..."

The stag exits his suit one last time and stretches loudly, cracking his back and bending his knees a few times. Then, in a bit of a hurry, he bounds off down the hill toward the village. He looks for some sign of the man's home, or perhaps someone who can tell Adir where the farmer lives.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Outside Professor Affidavit's Factory]

From a small pale blue glowing ring in the sand, a man with glowing green eyes emerges. His glowing green eyes survey the surroundings as he steps out of the way, his black cane sinking into the desert sand with each step.

It's midday, a sea of sand stretches in all directions, and it's pretty damn hot.

Through the heat haze to the north, however, there's a definite metallic...thing...visible. From this distance it's too far to make out clearly, but there's definitely something over there.

Peering closely at the image, Claudius nods and turns to wait for the rest of the group to arrive.
    Jit steps through the portal, and quickly zooms in on the distant facility, trying to get a better look.

(Jit's eyes are augmented. They are largely cybernetic, so they can do things like zoom in and record)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Trees]

Adir would protest, believing that a soldier - especially a sniper - needs his rest. However, for all he knows, Boris doesn't actually need to sleep. In any case, the stag yawns over their comms and says, "Yeah, sure. I'll send someone your way to back you up. Lemme jus' go get Mscislaw..."

The stag exits his suit one last time and stretches loudly, cracking his back and bending his knees a few times. Then, in a bit of a hurry, he bounds off down the hill toward the village. He looks for some sign of the man's home, or perhaps someone who can tell Adir where the farmer lives.
    As it happens, Mścisław can be seen exiting a house on the edge of the village - a rather typical homestead built in a triangle. He hurries towards Adir when he sees him - he intended to go see him and ask what the situation is. Some other village folk are out and about as well, looking at Adir with curiosity.

19. - Top - End - #19

Village

"Gooood morning," Adir says with a yawn, smiling at Mscislaw. "Well, it looks like we're all clear. Boris is gonna chill here for the next couple days and make sure, though. Did you want to come meet Wenomir?" By this point, the stag's fairly certain about them being brothers.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

[Village]

Mścisław bows to Adir deeply, then nods.
    Thank you, lord. And I think it would be proper to at least see if it's my lost brother. Perun works in mysterious ways if he really lives and wound up in the same strange world as I.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

OPAF

Javert is thankful for the little pieces of darkened glass in his mask's eyes to protect his eyes from the light. The heat bothers him slightly, but his synskin suit lets his body breathe, so he doesn't get too hot. What annoys him the most is that there doesn't seem to be any decent way of approach to get to the Facility. Even so, he doesn't complain and mentally prepares himself for the upcoming mission.

Wizard's Tower

Justinian arrives after finding a picture of the location by having a Seer look at the strip of cloth from Bark's towel. He takes several deep breaths and tries to stay out of sight amongst the trees as he looks over the place.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Village]

Mścisław bows to Adir deeply, then nods.
    Thank you, lord. And I think it would be proper to at least see if it's my lost brother. Perun works in mysterious ways if he really lives and wound up in the same strange world as I.
    "Then come on," Adir says, gesturing for him to follow back up the hill. Provided there's nothing else to deal with, the pair of them should be headed back to Watch in short order.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

[Village]

And Mścisław follows behind Adir.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

Outside the Facility

Stepping through the portal, the Cat Burglar winces at the sudden wave of heat, pulling goggles down over his eyes to ward off the worst of the desert sun's rays.

"Um, right. Are there any sentries on the outside?" He asks, pointing at the looming metal shape on the horizon. If so, well, there aren't exactly a lot of places to hide out here.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

25. - Top - End - #25

[OPAF]

Jit's fancy techno-eyes reveal that the facility looks like a big ol' silver box. There's basically no distinguishing features to be scene. No visible doors, no windows, no sentries, absolutely nothing.

"I doubt there's any sentries. If there are, they're round the far side of the building at the moment. Seems Felix has brought us a little further out than I'd have liked, but if we'd aimed too much closer, he might've missed the other way and brought us in right on top of the factory."

Pretty lengthy walk ahead of them, by the looks of things.

Claudius sighs, "Not the best start. We'd best get going nice and quickly. I can provide water if the desert starts to take its toll on any of you." And with that, he sets off at a quick pace.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

[OPAF]

Jit follows Claudius, keeping his eyes scanning for any kind of security. He also activates thermal imaging from his left eye, not really to try and see into the facility, but just in case something tries to jump them.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

OPAF

Javert gives a nod and activates something on his armor with a small wave of his right hand over his left wrist. His image seems to blur a bit, making it hard to say exactly where his body starts. It's somewhat obvious out here in the bright daylight, but it still gave him a better edge over not having it.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

[OPAF]

Reinholdt turns pink and floats gently after the group. He's already wearing too much for this sort of heat. Least he won't get sunburned, but still. He decides to at least put away his scarf and furry vest in his hammerspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Wizard's Tower

Justinian arrives after finding a picture of the location by having a Seer look at the strip of cloth from Bark's towel. He takes several deep breaths and tries to stay out of sight amongst the trees as he looks over the place.
    [Wizard's Tower]

As if to match the tower jutting out of the seaside cliff, the weather has taken a turn for the worst as Justinian nears it. The wind whips at his clothing and rain is starting to fall. The tower itself is an intimidating structure made of roughly hewn stone blocks. The tower seems dead, save for a single flickering light in one of the topmost windows. A small courtyard surrounds the structure, complete with a gate and portcullis. No one appears to be manning the walls, however.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-06-25 at 01:07 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Wizard's Tower

Justinian doesn't let the rain bother him, simply wrapping his red cloak around himself tighter as he walks up to the wall. Without really stopping, he'll begin looking for a place to possibly scale over.