New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Bumi (Avatar: the Last Airbender) vs Sheogorath (Elderscrolls)

Two Guys, Bumi and Sheogorath, are both nutjobs (Well Sheogorath is the worst one) and old (Same goes to Sheogorath). But I am not currently make a fight between them, just asking which one of these lovalbly insane dudes you like the most.
    Bumi, King of Omishi
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Aang's childhood friend (well, Aang was frozen while Bumi live for 100 years). He's kinda nutty but manage to be funny and badass at the same time. He kinda almost planned to kill both Katara and Sokka with his rock candy with fast growing rate. He also use trick on Aang, who duel with him due to his fake senile old figurine (he's in fact strong dude). Other than his insanity and childish nature, he's a tactician and knows when to liberate his city in minutes (How would you like that, Good Ol' Emperor Titus Mede II).

Sheogorath
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, he's kinda funny (My brother loves this guy) with his scottish (or irish) accent and his near silly antics quest like killing a monster with a fork in Morrowind. Unfortunately he's much more insane than Bumi (as in Chaotic Evil Psycopath) but hey! what's to expect from a god of madness. His plus side is that he's also influence Chimers to move to Morrowind, which is the foundation of dark elf race.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Bumi (Avatar: the Last Airbender) vs Sheogorath (Elderscrolls)

I've only seen Avatar once and didn't like it, and that guy wasn't in it. I also was never really fond of Sheogorath, and his Skyrim incarnation literally made me hate him.

Can I choose neither?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I have no clue who Sheogorath is, so Bumi by a mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Sheogerath is likely a match or curbstomper for the Avatar Aang.

His abilities shown in Skyrim are inferior compared to his actual abilities as a deity.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Sheogerath is likely a match or curbstomper for the Avatar Aang.

His abilities shown in Skyrim are inferior compared to his actual abilities as a deity.
    This isn't a fight, this is a popularity contest. Which all the other versus threads are as well, this one simply dismisses the unnecessary trappings of "Who'd win in a fight".

And a hard one to judge on my part. Both can be rather funny to watch and both are have a lot obscured by their nonsense.

The only real solid difference between them is that Buumi is a solidly heroic character: even when he plays himself off as an unhinged tyrant, he's doing it to teach he's doing it to teach his childhood friend critical lessons. Buumi is never what he appears except those rare moments where he shows his kind, wise, and well-meaning self.

Sheogorath is trickier because he's actually two, three, or even four people, depending on how you want to look at it. Both the Daedric Prince of Order, Jyggalyg, and the Champion of Cyrodil have worn the mantle of the Prince of Madness, and approach it in very different ways.

Jyggalyg and his Sheogorath despise each other and neither of them are good or evil in any real sense, both are too obsessed with building their own domains, destroying the other's, and ministering to the people they consider to be "theirs".

The Champion's version of Sheogorath, the one in Skyrim, retains the Prince's penchant for non-sequiter and rapidly changing moods, but balances that out with an actively good nature - he never actually threatens you (which Jyg-Sheo did every other line), he is only shown to be helpful (in a naturally odd way), and the end of his quest has him actually exulting in the fact that one of the most infamously insane men in history was now sane and at peace. Jyg-Sheo would never have celebrated a soul leaving his domain, much less one like Pelagius.

All told, I'd lean towards Champ-Sheo as my favorite of the three (Jyg-Sheo, Champ-Sheo, Buumi), because he blends insanity with purpose quite well and has fun with it. He's "good" enough to cheer for, but neutral enough that you're never exactly sure what you're going to get next. It makes him fun to watch.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

post-champion sheogorath is my favorite daedric ever("i'll play skiprope with your entrails"). although bumi is cool to

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus View Post
    I've only seen Avatar once and didn't like it, and that guy wasn't in it. I also was never really fond of Sheogorath, and his Skyrim incarnation literally made me hate him.
    Once? That could mean one episode, but... does this mean you watched the live-action movie?

That movie is so bad, it would be better if they threw a bunch of unnecessary jokes in, called it The Adventures of Ong and Soka, and sold it as a parody.

Also. It is official. t209 can't see anything without making comparisons to Elder Scrolls.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-06-23 at 08:53 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    does this mean you watched the live-action movie?
    The blue space elves really didn't do the show justice.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2012-06-23 at 08:49 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

The title DOES say "The Last Airbender".
    My Steam profile

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    This was so funny. +1

Bumi. Lettuce leaf?
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Also. It is official. t209 can't see anything without making comparisons to Elder Scrolls.
    No, Sheogorath's Nutiness is the only one I know that is able to compete with Bumi's nutiness. I could use Elan but he's a bit more saner and more badass by the current point. But I kinda forgot about the nutty little girl from Azumanga Daioh or Yotsuba.
    Maybe I should rename it Nutjob Contest and let you pick on other nutty characters that you give to me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    No, Sheogorath's Nutiness is the only one I know that is able to compete with Bumi's nutiness. I could use Elan but he's a bit more saner and more badass by the current point. But I kinda forgot about the nutty little girl from Azumanga Daioh or Yotsuba.
    Maybe I should rename it Nutjob Contest and let you pick on other nutty characters that you give to me.
    I'm pretty sure Bumi's not insane. Not even a little. He just likes having fun messing with people, and his plans are excellent.
    My Steam profile

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm pretty sure Bumi's not insane. Not even a little. He just likes having fun messing with people, and his plans are excellent.
    well may be I took his childish characteristics a tad too much. At least
    Spoiler
    Show
    we get to see the (probably redneck and nutty) Bumi in Legend of Korra season 2.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Having JUST started watching Avatar and having seen that episode, one thing first:

Spoiler
    Show
    Bumi did not try to kill Sokka and Katara. That was the point of his rock candy statement. They were perfectly safe the whole time. Not to mention he wasn't "trying" to kill them, he was threatening it to get Aang to do a bunch of tests. Clearly, once we realize who he was, he was never going to allow them to die even if Aang failed the tests.

As for who is crazier, Sheogorath. Bumi isn't really insane, he's just wacky. He likes messing with people and doing crazy things for fun. Sheogorath is the Daedric Prince of Madness. He is certifiably crazy. He invented music by ripping a woman apart and making instruments out of her bones. He cannot form coherent thoughts.

In fact, the Sheogorath in Skyrim is not the same one as in Oblivion. Sheogorath became Jygglgly giggly what's his face at the end of his expansion. The champion who broke the cycle was doomed to be driven insane and become Sheogorath. He's cursed to be insane. Kind of beats "Hey, I'm a little unconventional in my humor"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

"Lettuce leaf" still cracks me up
    All hail Smutmulch for crafting my avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Cursed zombies are more realistic.
    Spoiler: siggatar and previous avatars.
    Show

the Badass Monkby Avi. Aktarus by Chd. Dehro by Wojiz

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Sheogorath is the living incarnation of the concept of madness. It is not possible to be crazier than he is, because insanity is literally all he is. He doesn't give a damn about anything or anyone, up to and including his own destruction, and he'll randomly decide to be good or evil on the slightest whim so long as it proves to be amusing.

King Bumi is a possibly-senile man with a fondness for riddles and an odd sense of humour.

Sheogorath is an immortal God with power over the concept of creativity and imagination itself, capable of shattering a mortal's mind with a thought. He casually strolls from one universe to the next, ignoring the rules that say he can't on the basis that he's only doing it for fun and therefore not technically invading, and in his own home universe he controls every single aspect of every single thing by thinking about it.

King Bumi is a muscular old man with geokinetic abilities.

Sheogorath, when bored, decides to piss off other gods by pranking them, vacations in the minds of the homicidally insane, obsesses over beards and cheese, and rewrites reality because why the hell not?

King Bumi once totally pranked a guy by making his unusually large and affectionate pet chase him, and gave some kids slightly more candy than they liked.

...and there's even a contest here?
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    Sheogorath is the living incarnation of the concept of madness. It is not possible to be crazier than he is, because insanity is literally all he is. He doesn't give a damn about anything or anyone, up to and including his own destruction, and he'll randomly decide to be good or evil on the slightest whim so long as it proves to be amusing.

King Bumi is a possibly-senile man with a fondness for riddles and an odd sense of humour.

Sheogorath is an immortal God with power over the concept of creativity and imagination itself, capable of shattering a mortal's mind with a thought. He casually strolls from one universe to the next, ignoring the rules that say he can't on the basis that he's only doing it for fun and therefore not technically invading, and in his own home universe he controls every single aspect of every single thing by thinking about it.

King Bumi is a muscular old man with geokinetic abilities.

Sheogorath, when bored, decides to piss off other gods by pranking them, vacations in the minds of the homicidally insane, obsesses over beards and cheese, and rewrites reality because why the hell not?

King Bumi once totally pranked a guy by making his unusually large and affectionate pet chase him, and gave some kids slightly more candy than they liked.

...and there's even a contest here?
    Of course not. Bumi wins.

Seriously, the first and third are good, if not totally accurate (remember, we only ever see Bumi three times, twice in just displays of earthbending skill), but the second is completely understating just how awesome he is.
    My Steam profile

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, true, but it's not even possible to understate Sheogorath. The most non-awesome but true thing you can say is that he's the God of Insanity. And that is still the most awesome thing you could ever say about anyone.

Sheogorath destroyed the most terrifying beast Hircine could create by throwing a small bird at it. He broke Vaermina's greatest masterpiece by refusing to talk to him. He toyed around with creation in so many ways that the other Daedra are nervous about talking to him. When he was cursed to become Sheogorath after they came to fear Jygallag, he pulled a Batman Gambit on his own alter-ego to transfer the insanity to a new host, outsmarted a dozen Hellgods and broke the curse forged from their united power, and did so wearing a fancy suit and beard.
    We don't know what shenanigans Bumi gets up to when we're not looking, but unless he breaks reality for breakfast, by definition it can't be that awesome.

Sheogorath is infinitely more insane, infinitely more powerful, infinitely more random, and infinitely more badass. Not to mention he's smart enough to be able to come up with tricks and cunning plans that outsmart the basic laws of creation. He is - quite literally by virtue of his own existence - the walking, talking definition of Crazy Awesome.

Bumi kicks a lot of ass. But comparing him to Sheogorath just isn't fair. Bumi's a candle comparing to the heat of Sheogorath's sun.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    Yes, true, but it's not even possible to understate Sheogorath. The most non-awesome but true thing you can say is that he's the God of Insanity. And that is still the most awesome thing you could ever say about anyone.

Sheogorath destroyed the most terrifying beast Hircine could create by throwing a small bird at it. He broke Vaermina's greatest masterpiece by refusing to talk to him. He toyed around with creation in so many ways that the other Daedra are nervous about talking to him. When he was cursed to become Sheogorath after they came to fear Jygallag, he pulled a Batman Gambit on his own alter-ego to transfer the insanity to a new host, outsmarted a dozen Hellgods and broke the curse forged from their united power, and did so wearing a fancy suit and beard.
    We don't know what shenanigans Bumi gets up to when we're not looking, but unless he breaks reality for breakfast, by definition it can't be that awesome.

Sheogorath is infinitely more insane, infinitely more powerful, infinitely more random, and infinitely more badass. Not to mention he's smart enough to be able to come up with tricks and cunning plans that outsmart the basic laws of creation. He is - quite literally by virtue of his own existence - the walking, talking definition of Crazy Awesome.

Bumi kicks a lot of ass. But comparing him to Sheogorath just isn't fair. Bumi's a candle comparing to the heat of Sheogorath's sun.
    i agree with all of the above

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Which would you rather have right next to you? I'll take the candle.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Which would you rather have right next to you? I'll take the candle.
    Well, given that he's not dangerous in any way, why would anyone have a problem sitting next to him? That's like "Who would you rather sit next to you, a hungry lion or a little kid?". Well, the kid, duh. Like I mentioned, he didn't try to kill anyone. He did the equivalent of holding a squirt gun to someone's head. He broke the rock candy with his bare hands and ate it. The only reason nobody noticed is that nobody struggled. They could have broken free at any time.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NerfTW View Post
    Well, given that he's not dangerous in any way, why would anyone have a problem sitting next to him? That's like "Who would you rather sit next to you, a hungry lion or a little kid?". Well, the kid, duh. Like I mentioned, he didn't try to kill anyone. He did the equivalent of holding a squirt gun to someone's head. He broke the rock candy with his bare hands and ate it. The only reason nobody noticed is that nobody struggled. They could have broken free at any time.
    Right but see, first they had to open their minds to the possibilities.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

i'd rather have sheogorath by my side then bumi. the worst he can do is play skiprope with my innards