New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1237

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Character woes suck. I want to make a Warrior but just can't decide between Norn or Charr. >.>
    Go Charr! They have the whole "I'm fluffy and going to eat your face" thing going for them! <3

Also, looks like they fixed some of the rendering issues in WvW...
    Last edited by Karen Lynn; 2013-03-26 at 05:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Similiar to a question i recently posed in the Skyrim thread, can my laptop run GW2? Also would my girlfriend's? We've held off buying this game because it's not something you can trade in after the account code has been used.
    Last edited by matt321miller; 2013-03-27 at 04:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

It can handle it, though I'm not sure at what setting.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

So anybody else on TC? I noticed at least one of posters in the last page was on TC, wasn't sure if a lot of the playgrounders are there or no.

Also, what do people think of a S/D and P/D Thief? I've been having fun with her, building for power and stealing mostly. Avoiding PvP and WvW for no, just leveling.
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, I'm on borlis pass.

Thiefy~ <3 my thiefy. I flip between D/P and P/D. Good synergy with each other.

S/D is fun. Some good hits with it, too.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Dogmantra and me have a small guild with some playgrounders and explaygrounders on Piken Square.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sitting on Sea of Sorrows myself ^^

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

Sanctum of Rall and loving it.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Myself, and at least a few others are on TC, great place to be!

GW2 is 30% off until April 1st
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/sale/

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm, a bit annoyed at the fact that picking the slightest build on Charr apparently makes all your weapons and shoulder pads hover... :/

-----

I'm also still doubting a bit on a class for my new character, I think I've gotten it narrowed down to Engineer and Warrior right now, any thoughts? (For reference, I have an Elementalist and a Ranger right now with decent play time and a Mesmer on the side.)
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm also still doubting a bit on a class for my new character, I think I've gotten it narrowed down to Engineer and Warrior right now, any thoughts? (For reference, I have an Elementalist and a Ranger right now with decent play time and a Mesmer on the side.)
    I am currently leveling an Engineer, with an 80 guardian and mesmer. Warrior seems overplayed right now (ya, 80 guardian and mesmer, I know but I did make both of those (and only those) in the prestart :p ) Engineer is alot of fun, with the kits giving it something different then other classes. But I think, expectantly while leveling, it might play alot like range inclined Ele, Ranger or Mesmer. So the playstyle difference of a warrior might be alot of fun if you want to go in there and crack heads.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

So, did they make Ascalonian Catacombs a ton easier recently? Ran it yesterday and we just breezed through it, bosses going down twice as fast as usual and I don't think me switching to a might build is enough to warrant that change...
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I just picked up GW2 (since it was on sale). Since I know I have New-Class-itis, I've already started an asura Engineer, a norn Necromancer, and a sylvari Guardian. (The Engineer and Necro are level 5. The Guardian is level 2.) I also plan to make a Thief and an Elementalist.

Quick question... Is there somewhere online where I can find how to get to the vistas and listing what skills are available at what level? I'm having a problem getting to one of the vistas, and suspect there will be more as I go along. And I'd like to be able to plan out my characters a little. I found wiki.guildwars2.com, but that just gives an overview of skills without details, and there's no explanation of how to get to vistas.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hello and welcome aboard! What server did you choose?

I use gw2cartographers.com for vistas I can't remember. But many times, you will have to find the right way yourself. It's a lot of fun, at least for me!
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    I just picked up GW2 (since it was on sale). Since I know I have New-Class-itis, I've already started an asura Engineer, a norn Necromancer, and a sylvari Guardian. (The Engineer and Necro are level 5. The Guardian is level 2.) I also plan to make a Thief and an Elementalist.

Quick question... Is there somewhere online where I can find how to get to the vistas and listing what skills are available at what level? I'm having a problem getting to one of the vistas, and suspect there will be more as I go along. And I'd like to be able to plan out my characters a little. I found wiki.guildwars2.com, but that just gives an overview of skills without details, and there's no explanation of how to get to vistas.
    Youtube is your friend.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post

http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/ has detailed descriptions of all the vistas, jumping puzzles and all that with a ton of screenshots, it's really helpful.

Edit; What server / region are you in?
    Last edited by Astrella; 2013-04-02 at 10:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1157

PirateGuy

So is that Minecraft April Fools stuff actually in-game until the 30th or did they break the cardinal rule of April Fools (don't tell people it isn't an April Fools joke)?
    Now with half the calories!

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The New Bruceski View Post
    So is that Minecraft April Fools stuff
    Oh I feel old now, you must be what, under 20? Its an 8bit nod to games like old school zelda ect. But yes, I think its staying the whole month :)
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2013-04-02 at 11:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The New Bruceski View Post
    So is that Minecraft April Fools stuff actually in-game until the 30th or did they break the cardinal rule of April Fools (don't tell people it isn't an April Fools joke)?
    Minecraft? MINECRAFT?

Boy, get outta here with that. Go play some Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Minecraft? MINECRAFT?

Boy, get outta here with that. Go play some Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
    This is so much win. ^-^

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

I was going to include a clip from Pulp Fiction, but there's enough swears in there to get me in trouble with the mods.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that could cause problems...

23. - Top - End - #1163

PirateGuy

Look, I don't have GW2 installed right now so all I've seen of it is the images on https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...es/april-2013/ and, I don't know about you, but I don't remember Zelda et all being 3D.

I played an Atari when the NES was barely on store shelves. I played the original Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego and found bugs in the Gorillas game that came with Nibbles in QBasic. My brother and I twin-brained Wing Commander on one keyboard (I shot he steered if I recall) and blundered our way through Ultima 6, a 2-game-one-disk bundle that became useless when we got a new computer because they ran off clock speed. I got the Wolfenstien 3D demo on one of those paper-wrapped floppies that used to be sold in supermarkets. I have written homework assignments in WORDSTAR, something no sane man should ever be forced to do. I have died of dysentery, cholera, and fording a river. Don't go saying I don't have any grognard gamer chops.
    Last edited by The New Bruceski; 2013-04-03 at 02:34 AM.
    Now with half the calories!

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Barbarian in the Playground

I was a SEGA kid, so the whole Zelda motif is second hand to me. I do keep seeing parts that look very Minecraft-like, but then I see off-alignment blocks and get a little confused.

On the 1st I got my second character to 80 (Charr Warrior), geared them up with 6 new rares... then spent a few hours in this damn 8-bit world where my level, gear, slot-skills and traits count for nothing.

Also, I got my first usable Exotic! Emberglow, the over-large scepter! Granted, I've got to put 47 levels on my Guardian to use it... but it's the 1st Exotic I'll use rather than sell.

Lahara Manyarrows/Morok Warhand. EU-Piken Square.
    Always kill your enemies, otherwise they will come back to haunt you - anon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mucco View Post
    I use gw2cartographers.com for vistas I can't remember. But many times, you will have to find the right way yourself. It's a lot of fun, at least for me!
    Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I click on a vista, all it tells me is that yup, that's a vista. Nothing about how to get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Youtube is your friend.
    Yes, but there are a lot of vistas, which means a lot of time sitting there, trying to find a video of just the one I am looking for.

http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/ has detailed descriptions of all the vistas, jumping puzzles and all that with a ton of screenshots, it's really helpful.
    Thank you. This helps.

Edit; What server / region are you in?
    Tarnished Coast. I'm in a multi-MMO guild (which I joined for SW:TOR), and that is the server they play on.

So far, I'm having fun. Got my Guardian to level 6. Only problem I'm having with it is I don't have any ranged attacks (yet?). I was in an area event last night with a Ranger and an Elementalist. I spent my time running from monster to monster, while they stood there and hit everything from a distance.
    Last edited by Kesnit; 2013-04-03 at 06:21 AM.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

26. - Top - End - #1166

For guardians: Scepters and Staves are all ranged/ranged-AEO. Swords and Greatswords get limited ranged/ranged-AEO.

After you finish a Renown Heart, talk to the NPC to see if they sell anything useful (don't be worried about spending cash or Karma, you will get plenty of each); also check out the Black Lion Trading post (auction house), there is plenty of cheap stuff on there (make sure you get 8 slot bags ASAP, they should cost 25cp ish)
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ettin in the Playground

Just traded in a whole bunch of old games and got this along with approximately my body weight in Magic: the Gathering boosters. Looking forward to having something to do now that I've finished Mass Effect and Kingdoms of Amalur.

Edit: Are there seriously 90MB of updates? Hell.

Edit2: 215MB? Ow.

Edit3: Okay, that was how much it had downloaded. I'm getting suspicious here; it's not trying to download the game despite having installed from a DVD, is it?
    Last edited by Dhavaer; 2013-04-04 at 06:13 AM.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

28. - Top - End - #1168

Expect a gig for the inital patch.

Can't remeber how long patching took for me, as I started it up and then watched a DVD.
    Spoiler
    Show
    noface

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Edit3: Okay, that was how much it had downloaded. I'm getting suspicious here; it's not trying to download the game despite having installed from a DVD, is it?
    There have been a LOT of patches for content since that DVD was made. It's all but useless.
    You're basically downloading a new game, yes.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerish View Post
    Expect a gig for the inital patch.

Can't remeber how long patching took for me, as I started it up and then watched a DVD.
    A gig? When I installed(off the disc) and then downloaded at the start of February I had to download something like 13gigs worth of patch.