New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1530313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1237

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Just traded in a whole bunch of old games and got this along with approximately my body weight in Magic: the Gathering boosters. Looking forward to having something to do now that I've finished Mass Effect and Kingdoms of Amalur.

Edit: Are there seriously 90MB of updates? Hell.

Edit2: 215MB? Ow.

Edit3: Okay, that was how much it had downloaded. I'm getting suspicious here; it's not trying to download the game despite having installed from a DVD, is it?
    A quick check into my C: drive tells me that GW2 has 131gig as of the latest update.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

131? O.o

My Guild Wars folder is only 17 gigs big.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Troll in the Playground

Huh, now it's telling me 15....

Either way, expect to be downloading for several hours.

I suggest joining Sanctum of Rall, it's the server I'm on and I can help you out easily there. There's guesting of course, but I haven't actually tried that.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground

Guesting works well but requires you to be in the same region. (Europe, US, ... )

I'm in a small guild with some Gitp'ers on Piken Square (EU) myself if you happen to be in Europe.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ettin in the Playground

All the cool and sexy people play on Piken Square.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

So I haven't really played since after launch (got to 80 fairly quick, a couple weeks). At the time orange weapons/gear (exotics I think? I forget the name) were the top end gear and once you hit that there was no more gear treadmilling unless you wanted the HUGE task of making Legendary weapons and even then you got no more stats. Is this still the case? Can I come back now in full exotics and be as powerful as I was before I stopped?

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    At the time orange weapons/gear (exotics I think? I forget the name) were the top end gear and once you hit that there was no more gear treadmilling unless you wanted the HUGE task of making Legendary weapons and even then you got no more stats. Is this still the case?
    There is currently accended gear from the Fractals of the Mist segment of the game. These are slightly more powerful rings, back pieces and amulets. Exotic body gear is still the most powerful. I think fractal weapons are just for the skin, and no more powerful then exotics (?)
    Can I come back now in full exotics and be as powerful as I was before I stopped?
    Yes you will be just as powerful. You could be a smidgen more powerful with alot of FotM play, but not enough to notice.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Troll in the Playground

So I haven't really played since after launch (got to 80 fairly quick, a couple weeks). At the time orange weapons/gear (exotics I think? I forget the name) were the top end gear and once you hit that there was no more gear treadmilling unless you wanted the HUGE task of making Legendary weapons and even then you got no more stats. Is this still the case? Can I come back now in full exotics and be as powerful as I was before I stopped?
    Pretty much yeah - full exotics is considered top level, with exception to the new "Ascended" level backpieces, amulets, rings and trinket/earring doodad. They're not a ton better than exotics, but some of them have really nice stat combinations, like the ring of red death.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Ettin in the Playground

How easy is it to gather gems? I have some friends who also play but I can't right now find out which server they're on, and I'm wondering how restrictive the 1800 gem cost to change servers is.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Troll in the Playground

If they are in your friends list, press Y. You should be able to see what server they are on from there. Then use the guesting feature to guest onto that server.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ettin in the Playground

Unless I can import my Steam friends list, they aren't.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Does anyone have any tips for playing a Thief or Mesmer solo? I think they have interesting mechanics and I want to like them, but at around level 20 fighting becomes an aggravating slog -- the Thief especially needs a lot of room to maneuver against the tougher enemies and this usually leads to me dragging other nearby enemies into the fight, making it even tougher. And don't talk to me about fighting in close quarters.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Pixie in the Playground

When i got bored with WOW i started playing it. Everyone recommended me GW2. It's good, but for me WOW is much better.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm soloing happily as a lvl 30 Thief. I'm using Sword/Pistol and Shortbow.

Easy fights involve having a quick look around to make sure there are no adds, then 'port in with Steal, tap 1 to start auto-attacking, then tap 3 to interrupt their attacks.

Hard/group fights open with using shortbow-4 then shortbow-2, pulling a little back to group up the enemies and switching weapons and moving with Steal or Sword-2.

I use the default heal at 50% health (possibly before then) and I'm not afraid to run from fights.
    Always kill your enemies, otherwise they will come back to haunt you - anon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ogre in the Playground

So... anyone else trying to get the Super Adventure Box shield skin and sword skin to turn an Asura into an adorably maniacal version of Link? <_< Cause that's what I've been doing. Farming Bubble Baubles from boss chests in the SAB trying to get enough.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    So... anyone else trying to get the Super Adventure Box shield skin and sword skin to turn an Asura into an adorably maniacal version of Link? <_< Cause that's what I've been doing. Farming Bubble Baubles from boss chests in the SAB trying to get enough.

That is brilliant. Darn, my only Asura is a ranger, so I can't use shields on her. ;.;
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maxymiuk View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for playing a Mesmer solo?
    Mesmer is a slow one to get off the ground, but gets better once s/he is traited out in a specific direction. I would suggest ignorning condition dmg and go more towards power with either sword/sword or sword/pistol. Maybe with staff as your backup weapon when you want to go ranged. *EDIT* While Leveling.*/EDIT*

Personally I ignored def on him until he got to cap, and relied on not getting hit, which is good training for FotM and some of the dungeons :). Constant Chaos shield up time is fun!
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2013-04-05 at 02:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    How easy is it to gather gems? I have some friends who also play but I can't right now find out which server they're on, and I'm wondering how restrictive the 1800 gem cost to change servers is.
    Getting 1800 gems can be hard. They don't drop anywhere, and there are only two ways to gather them: buy them with $, or buy them with in-game cash. To get such cash, you have to farm for about 10 hours the best gold farm in the game (CoF p1), which requires you to have a fully decked out warrior with exotics and such in the first place. Definitely problematic to do. If you want to whip out your credit card, 1600 gems go for 20$/€.

That said: you can guest to other servers quite liberally, as long as your friends are in the same region: you may not guest to Euro servers if you're NA, and vice versa. Other than that, it is easy to guest.
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I think pretty much all mesmers rely on not getting hit, in my experience. Dodging, using the sword parry and rapid attack, as well as just swarming the enemy with tons of illusions and backing off from time to time to let them take damage while your heal recharges in iffy times. I use dual swords and a staff for when I'm playing ranged support in dungeons. One of the big things is that phantasms are great damage, and shattering when the enemy is at 1/3 health is good. Trait-wise, 5 points in Illusions is fantastic, regardless of what you use. I'd recommend getting the weapon-specific trait for whatever you use as well.
    LGBTA+itP

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Well, I think pretty much all mesmers rely on not getting hit, in my experience.
    While true most of the time, with 'Chaotic transference' on my condition guy, he has a ton of HP, and with very reliable Chaos Shield combs, its fun standing in the middle of Trash, and just letting them beat themselves down :)
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2013-04-05 at 11:12 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxymiuk View Post
    Does anyone have any tips for playing a Thief or Mesmer solo? I think they have interesting mechanics and I want to like them, but at around level 20 fighting becomes an aggravating slog -- the Thief especially needs a lot of room to maneuver against the tougher enemies and this usually leads to me dragging other nearby enemies into the fight, making it even tougher. And don't talk to me about fighting in close quarters.
    I leveled almost entirely with a scepter/torch, so I focused on condition damage. All the reliance on condition damage turned me toward Carrion or Rampager's gear.

I used Signet of Domination, Prayer to Lyssa (human only), Phantasmal Defender, and Elite: Hounds of Balthazar (human only)

I would start out with PD and PtL, then follow up with Confusing Images, Illusionary Counter to create one clone, Ether Bolt until I could hit them with a three illusion Cry of Frustration or Mind Wrack.

If I pulled two or more, I'd use The Prestige. Mental Torment in Domination and Master of Misdirection in Illusions trait lines helped a lot.
    To find in order to lose; To fall in order to stand up
    To freeze in order to ignite; To find myself within, and not fear the edge
    To die in order to be reborn to the new world

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been away a while, has the License agreement always had the clause of "and if you click agree, then this binding arbitration provision will eliminate your legal right to sue in court and/or have a jury trial with respect to any such dispute"?
    Seems sort of sleezy, unless I'm missing something
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Troll in the Playground

It's something that any good lawyer would call bull on.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I've been away a while, has the License agreement always had the clause of "and if you click agree, then this binding arbitration provision will eliminate your legal right to sue in court and/or have a jury trial with respect to any such dispute"?
    Seems sort of sleezy, unless I'm missing something
    U.S. courts have found that to not be legally binding. Not all courts, but there have been some.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

Woohoo! Finally got my stuff for my Link cosplay <o_o>

Now I can bother you all with it >.> woo!

Spoiler
    Show

Shame I can't get it more exactly, but for what it is I'm pretty pleased <^-^>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

That has to be one of the few pictures I've seen people post where I go

/drool

Fantastic looking!

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ettin in the Playground

Those are some pretty awesome pics! How much time did it to take to acquire the skins necessary to do that?

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, both of you! <^_^>

The sword and shield weren't too awful really, but they did take a few days to do. Basically it worked like this:

I have 8 characters, and I ran each through the first two zones of the box once per day, so I'd get a total of 32 Bubble Baubles from boss chests, stuff those all in the bank. Next day I'd repeat, and have enough for a skin. By Day 4 I had enough for both; and I'd also gotten a spare Shield drop from the boss chests which netted me nearly 8 gold in itself.

Now, had I run each time relatively thoroughly it would have taken ages, but I just sprinted to the boss section each time and had little trouble doing roughly 10 minutes per character (if that).

So I'm guesstimating I spent a total of ~5 hours running the box to get both the sword and shield. More than I'd have liked, but considering this lets me have a cool theme for the lifetime of the character, I was willing to put up with it. (Though I do want my hookshot now >_>)

Just an FYI for anyone who doesn't know:

The skin drops from chests you can sell on the trading post; you CAN'T sell the skins you buy from Moto with Bubble Baubles/gold though.

*edit*

Forgot to add, just in case anyone is curious; the armor is actually very basic, it's just level 10 blue chainmail that I colored with Viridian, Maple and that off-white dye you start with (I can't remember the name) - so the armor part was incredibly easy to come by, just a few silver and a few seconds.
    Last edited by mistformsquirrl; 2013-04-07 at 05:31 PM.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ettin in the Playground

Definitely an impressive achievement. Your character looks amazing for sure. always nice to see something out of the ordinary :)

So, on another note, update time! I now have 5 crafts mastered: Weapon/Armorsmith, Artificer, Jeweler, and I just finished up chef. I won't be leveling anything else anytime soon though, I have a serious lack of mid-tier fine crafting materials, as well as mid-tier ores/woods. To anyone who is considering chef: Don't. Unless you have a TON of EVERY type of ingredient, just don't. None of the recipes are worth much, you get more money out of selling the ingredients by themselves, or in the mid-phase form(seasonings and what not that you craft). Full on meals sell for 1-4 copper a piece, even at 400 >< I burned through a solid 2 gold because I thought for sure I had more then enough ingredients, but I stalled around 300 and had to buy like 50 butters, plus random other ingredients(Like Sesame Seeds and Artichokes and stuff like that). Major PITA and I'm very glad It's finished.

Oh, I finally got 100% Map completion. We switched sides in WvW two nights ago and I managed to get the final 3 POIs/2Vistas I needed in Eternal Battlegrounds. So, now I"m starting up my Ranger, and I have to say, awesome intro! You have to fight a freaking dragon just to get into the initial map! Looking forward to having a character that's dedicated strictly to DPS :)

Oh, My Guardian is also finally fully outfitted in all Exotics, all crafted by myself(which makes it all the more awesome and feel more of an achievement. Even all the crafting materials were self-found, I didn't spend a dime on anything except Globs of Ectoplasm, and I got 8 of those back through salvaging my old Rare gear with Black Lion Salvage kits).
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2013-04-07 at 07:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Troll in the Playground

Sylvari Ranger, I take then, Starwulf?

-----

I haven't really played much lately; partially because I haven't figured out how to fill out my roster yet since I'd like to have one character of each race. But I nearly have enough karma for full exotics on my main now and I have enough laurels to add an Ascended accessory to that as well.
    Spoiler
    Show