New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1237

Thread: Guild Wars 2!

1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Guild Wars 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Guesting works well but requires you to be in the same region. (Europe, US, ... )

I'm in a small guild with some Gitp'ers on Piken Square (EU) myself if you happen to be in Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    All the cool and sexy people play on Piken Square.

I wish I had known this before I made my home server on NA. Alas...

Seriously though, I wish I could guest an EU server.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Sylvari Ranger, I take then, Starwulf?
    Indeed! Sylana Leafweaver is her name. Didn't get to play her to much last night, ended up catching up on some tv and what not, but she's definitely my next to 80. Doubt I"ll bother with 100% map completion for her though.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

I've yet to come up with a 'main' lol <X-x>

Though I will say I'm rather liking my Asura warrior so far, aside from the cosplay thing.

Was wondering, does anyone know how well a condition-damage based warrior would work at high levels? I'm using Sword and Shield, but being Asura I've also got Pain Inverter and Radiation Field... so I've got more conditions than your typical warrior can throw around; but I'm still pretty bleed-focused.

So far it's been kinda slow when I can't drop Rad Field and Pain Inverter; but I'm also only level 20 so I don't exactly have my build set up yet; and on the upside I'm nigh unkillable at present <. .> So there's that.
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Current avatar by me <>_<> Needs work.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

- By FlyingChicken <^,^> - By Akrim.elf <^.^>

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

I was thinking more like: this - but it could be just me being crazypants >.>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Feel free to check out my Deviantart page - it's not great, but I'm trying to change that.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm on Fort Ashenwood with an Elementalist, currently level 30 and focussing on Air and Water.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just got my two gifts of exploration this morning by finishing the eternal battleground.

Edit:

Has anyone been compiling useful links? I don't know when we have to make a new thread, but it'd be nice to have them all in the opening post.
    Last edited by JSSheridan; 2013-04-14 at 05:34 PM.
    To find in order to lose; To fall in order to stand up
    To freeze in order to ignite; To find myself within, and not fear the edge
    To die in order to be reborn to the new world

8. - Top - End - #1208

Glad I bought Gems yesterday, as a new item is in the Gemstore and prices have gone up.

800 gems (approx 20.8g as of last night) for an unlimited-use mining pick. Shiny indeed... but you could buy so many mundane picks for that price.

In other news, I now have 8 character slots and all 8 classes :D
    Always kill your enemies, otherwise they will come back to haunt you - anon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

I bought the new mining pick >_> Not because it's practical really though; just because I wanted to.

Interesting thing: When you mine with it, it doesn't just plink away at the rock... it shoots frigging fire 6 feet into the air <@_@>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    I bought the new mining pick >_> Not because it's practical really though; just because I wanted to.

Interesting thing: When you mine with it, it doesn't just plink away at the rock... it shoots frigging fire 6 feet into the air <@_@>
    Dayumn. Well, that's what makes it worth 20 gold then, that right there ^^ Is it useable at any level? That would make it pretty useful.

So, loving my Sylvari Rangers story. Just got up to the point where I start interacting with the three orders. I went with Vigil on my Guardian, pretty sure I"m going to go the Order of Whispers route on her. I picture her as a silent assassin, performing long range kills with her bow and then swiftly making her getaway.

11. - Top - End - #1211

I knew the Molten mining pick had a "unique animation" but I wasn't expecting "giant plume of fire".

As you say, it's not practical but is stylish. It's your gems, so your choice.

Not sure what I'll spend gems on after getting the last bank slot.
    Always kill your enemies, otherwise they will come back to haunt you - anon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    No one will ever be able to question your sense of style when you explain that you cut your own hair with your boot knife. Mainly because if they do, you have a knife in your boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveD
    "A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most ****ed up game show. Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH! Behind door number 2: A magic crown! Behind door number 3: ten pounds of sugar being guarded by six giant KILLER BEES!"
    noface

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

So, yesterday I finally hit level 80 on my first character <._.> Cabbit Bashbits is now a level 80 warrior. Ended up going 20/0/30/0/20 with a focus on using a mace and a shield. It works out pretty well so far.

Now I'm working on getting mats for my Exotic armor... that's going to take awhile I think >_>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1213

Quote Originally Posted by mistformsquirrl View Post
    Now I'm working on getting mats for my Exotic armor... that's going to take awhile I think >_>
    I shouldn't be too bad as long as your crafting is 400 already.

You can do chest events for high level rares. I sell the ones that give me 25s or more profit and Master salvage ones that give less to get ecto.

Use http://gw2nodes.com/ to find Orichalcum nodes.

Farming 30 T6 fine crafting materials can be tedious. Keep at it.
    To find in order to lose; To fall in order to stand up
    To freeze in order to ignite; To find myself within, and not fear the edge
    To die in order to be reborn to the new world

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

Can anyone explain to me why there seems to be no banded armor pieces with the Knight prefix? I just hit level 80 with my warrior, and I'm buying him some level 80 rare armor. The build I'm using advises a mixed Knight/Berserker loadout... but the only level 80 rare Knight pieces have the Gladiator model, which looks idiotic. Is there a reason for this?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why there seems to be no banded armor pieces with the Knight prefix? I just hit level 80 with my warrior, and I'm buying him some level 80 rare armor. The build I'm using advises a mixed Knight/Berserker loadout... but the only level 80 rare Knight pieces have the Gladiator model, which looks idiotic. Is there a reason for this?
    No idea, but if you happen to have Fine Transmutation stones, you can just buy the armor look you like at a lower level, then transmute the stats onto that. Also, if you are on Sea of Sorrows, and want to save some silver, I'm a 400 armorsmith and more then willing to craft for ya, free of charge(well, beyond you buying the mats, obviously)

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    No idea, but if you happen to have Fine Transmutation stones, you can just buy the armor look you like at a lower level, then transmute the stats onto that. Also, if you are on Sea of Sorrows, and want to save some silver, I'm a 400 armorsmith and more then willing to craft for ya, free of charge(well, beyond you buying the mats, obviously)
    Don't need to be on the same server to mail things to people. Or you could just guest to his/he could guest to SoS.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Troll in the Playground

Guess who finished their legendary?

Dats right!

caution: big
    Spoiler
    Show

Me!

====================

Has anyone had the luck of getting a Decorative Molten Jetpack yet? I've been farming the dungeon since it opened trying to get one, and still no luck
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I don't have Fine Transmutation stones. I do plan to buy some eventually for both my level 80 characters, but they're expensive as heck so it'll have to wait. I plan to make my warrior's armor look like the Worn Scale model when I manage. For now, Banded Armor will do.

I certainly appreciate the offer; just let me know what materials you need.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    Guess who finished their legendary?

Dats right!

caution: big
    Spoiler
    Show

Me!

====================

Has anyone had the luck of getting a Decorative Molten Jetpack yet? I've been farming the dungeon since it opened trying to get one, and still no luck
    Grats on the unicorn bow! <^_^>
    Computer is back! Yay!

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

I have to say that the Transmutation Crystals were a huge disappointment for me. Before level 80, I enjoyed being able to make my gear look the way I want. And now I need to pay through my nose, either in virtual or real money, to do it. Not cool, ArenaNet.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

I have to say that the Transmutation Crystals were a huge disappointment for me. Before level 80, I enjoyed being able to make my gear look the way I want. And now I need to pay through my nose, either in virtual or real money, to do it. Not cool, ArenaNet.
    I'm surprised you don't have any. I have about 15 Fine transmutation stones from completing dailies or as rewards for finishing high level maps. Well over 80 of the Basic ones.

Anyways, what pieces do you want as Knights and what pieces as Berserkers?
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2013-05-11 at 04:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Titan in the Playground

I need a Knight coat and leggins. I already bought the Berserker pieces from the store.

As for the Transmutation Crystals, I thought you can only get them from the gem store. I certainly never recieved any from dailies or area completion. Even when I completed Frostgorge Sound.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ettin in the Playground

I need a Knight coat and leggins. I already bought the Berserker pieces from the store.

As for the Transmutation Crystals, I thought you can only get them from the gem store. I certainly never recieved any from dailies or area completion. Even when I completed Frostgorge Sound.
    Nope, just pure luck I guess. I've never purchased anything from the gem store. Hell, I have over 100 Black Lion salvage kits, all from dailies.

I'll log on in a few moments and see what materials are needed for the Knights Coat and leggins, and I"ll update this post with the mats needed.

Update: Awww crap >< I forgot shortly before I stopped playing(I've been on a short-term break) that I switched from armorsmithing to Huntsman >< I'm afraid I can't craft anything for a warrior :-(. I apologize man.(It would take 40 silver for me to switch crafts, and I'm quite broke right now)
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2013-05-11 at 06:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

No problem. I'll get them some other way.

And I suppose I'm just less lucky, because I've never found a Transmutation Crystal in a Black Lion Chest or received one as a reward for a daily achievement...

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

Have you done story missions? I believe you get some for the higher-end ones of those as well.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

I finished the personal story with one of my level 80 characters and I'm close to doing so with the other one. I haven't got a single transmutation crystal.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

Afaik you get them via dailies or when completing a zone.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Are they BTC or BTA? I'll send a few over if I can

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Are they BTC or BTA? I'll send a few over if I can
    They are account bound.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

According to the Guild Wars Wiki, the only two ways of acquiring them is the gem store or black lion chests. So... yeah. Either I pay or hope I get really lucky and the next BLC I open contains some.