New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: First Amoungst the Fallen. {IC}

Uzeal walks alongside his brothers up to the group of chaos worshipers.
    Brothers we aren't done here. You Mortal, what is the status of the invasion? And who is the warborn?
    Speak quickly I am drawing to the limits of my patience.
    He says with a wet wolf-like growl under his voice.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

You think ten thousand years of war would teach you patience, it certainly taught me. No one ever told you it's a virtue?

The warborn is this little fellow behind us. The speakers for the warborn listen to his cries and interpret them as being the messages of the true gods. They say he will be one of the greatest strategists in the galaxy given time. I don't know if any of that is true or if it's just the speakers making it up as they go along. All I know is it works. I've seen armies lead by the warborn take on ones three times their size and utterly eradicate them.

The Invasion carries on apace. If you want to know more than that I'm afraid it will cost you a favour. I have a resistance problem that needs taken care of. Cadians don't know when to die.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

"And with how fickle the gods sometimes are, i wonder how long that will last." he says amused at the explanation "But we do need more information."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Knowledge is power, did no one ever tell you that?

When the resistance is taken care of, I will answer any questions you may have. I'll even let you have a rummage through some of the spoils of war we gained whilst taking this place.

Doubtless you've heard the imperials chatter on the vox network. Taking this city with the Iron Warriors was simple enough. Unfortunately they've left town and I don't have the firepower to crack the remaining bastion of resistance. You do. My men have it locked down so that nothing exits or enters, but the Imperials keep up this resistance. Probably through the sewers. Whats worse they're broadcasting troop and logistical movements to the remenants out in the salt desert.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Quirking his lips withing his armor, Amun smiles slightly. So the mortal thinks he can toy with us huh? Very well, let us see how this plays out. The emphasis the mortal put on having been around for 10,000 years was not lost on him. Most mortals were incapable of withstanding the Warp's touch for that long.

"You wish us to flush out the remaining rats because you are incapable, and yet you mock us? Very well," he spits, "We will flush out the next of rats. And then answers we will have."

Stepping forward, and closer, he continues, "We will require all of the data you have collected on the bastion: layout, numbers inside the bastion, and assumed armament. Also if they've been calling in artillery or air support from off site."

Turning slightly, he points at the Cadians, "What have you gleaned from the filth? Do they have any knowledge of this bastion or who is inside?" Slowly forming a strategy in his formidable mind, Amun begins to plan.
    Last edited by brolthemighty; 2012-07-29 at 07:50 PM.
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now thats more like it.

I'd have sent the garrison force here to deal with the bastion, but the number it would take would reduce the safety of the Warborn, which is unacceptable. Suicide Bombers have already taken out most of our promethium supplies here.

To date the resistance haven't called in any strikes which leads me to believe they can't. I have heard rumours of a wounded titan stalking desert settlements and attacking our troops, though they may just be survivor stories. I haven't got a layout of the bastion but there are a number of identical bastions around which were cracked during the bombardment. Perhaps you'd like to inspect them. The bastion is heavily armed but the guns have yet to fire at my guardians, I'd imagine they're running low on munitions but I wouldn't discount them. Heavy weaponry guarding the gate and probably more inside in the main lobby if the other bastions are to go by. You may wish to find alternative means of entry. I wouldn't imagine there are many inside at this stage- roughly platoon strength I'd say and probably civilians at that. They couldn't have supplies for any more, and Cadians are ruthlessly pragmatic. Cadian civilians are still the equal of any other planets guard. They're lead by that hermit you can hear ranting over the airwaves.

I haven't had a word with our guests myself though you are free to. Don't damage them, I'd like to see them dance in the slave pits.