New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1507
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XIV: Instant Annoying, Just Add Hexproof

Definitely Emrakul!

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XIV: Instant Annoying, Just Add Hexproof

Emeria for sure.

That's Emrakul for the enlightened.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Magic the Gathering XV: Money loss cannot be countered?

Magic the Gathering XV: Annihilates your disposable income?

Magic: The Gathering XV: When money enters your bank account from anywhere, put it into your library?

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Magic: The Gathering XV: When money enters your bank account from anywhere, put it into your library?
    Kind of like this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Kind of like this one.
    If it gets a few more votes, I'll put it up as the title for the next thread. (I would like to make the thread if nobody objects).

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Firbolg in the Playground

Magic: The Gathering Thread XV: Giant's Maze?
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    Magic: The Gathering Thread XV: Giant's Maze?
    Wouldn't that be more appropriate once the release date for Dragon's maze is much closer? The set isn't being released for over 5 more months.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Wouldn't that be more appropriate once the release date for Dragon's maze is much closer? The set isn't being released for over 5 more months.
    Perhaps. It depends on how quickly we go through the next thread, though.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps. It depends on how quickly we go through the next thread, though.
    I just checked the last few, and you guys did in fact manage to get through the last few in 5 months or less, so it doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Magic: The Gathering XV: We Can't Stop Here, This is Thragtusk County
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    With Knight of Infamey out, I use him to block a Loxodon Smite with Rancor on it. Does trample damage really go over even though Knight of Infamey has Protection from White(damage from a white source cannot be dealt to this creature)? After all, no damage can be dealt...it was rules for me that trample still went over. Even though in play testing I was using a trample combination on my creature that was blocked by a creature with Protection from Black(my creature was Lotleth Troll). There would have been damage left over for trample, but the judge for our FNM ruled it then that no damage rolled over as no damage could have been dealt in the first place because my opponent's creature had Protection from Black.
    This is 100% wrong and makes me question that judge's qualifications, because the Comprehensive Rules flat out disagree:
    702.18b The controller of an attacking creature with trample first assigns damage to the creature(s) blocking it. Once all those blocking creatures are assigned lethal damage, any remaining damage is assigned as its controller chooses among those blocking creatures and the player or planeswalker the creature is attacking. When checking for assigned lethal damage, take into account damage already marked on the creature and damage from other creatures that's being assigned during the same combat damage step, but not any abilities or effects that might change the amount of damage that's actually dealt. The attacking creature's controller need not assign lethal damage to all those blocking creatures but in that case can't assign any damage to the player or planeswalker it's attacking.
    Example: A 2/2 creature that can block an additional creature blocks two attackers: a 1/1 with no abilities a 3/3 with trample. The active player could assign 1 damage from the first attacker and 1 damage from the second to the blocking creature, and 2 damage to the defending player from the creature with trample.
    Example: A 6/6 green creature with trample is blocked by a 2/2 creature with protection from green. The attacking creature's controller must assign at least 2 damage to the blocker, even though that damage will be prevented by the blocker's protection ability. The attacking creature's controller can divide the rest of the damage as he or she chooses between the blocking creature and the defending player.
    You should have told them to look it up. I mean, it's right there. If you see them again, correct them.
    Last edited by Lord Seth; 2012-11-24 at 12:28 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

Never mind, I have to be going to bed now, and I'm not entirely sure what the protocol for posting a new thread is, so I'll let somebody else take this one.

I personally vote for "If money would enter your back account from anywhere, put it into your library."

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

Only made it to 9th place out of 10 tonight, but I did find out the gaming shop owner/fnm judge awards a card as a prize as long as you don't end up last place(in addition to the monthly promos).
    Oddly the only person I beat was the shop owner's daughter(she was using a milling focused deck, vs my token/scavenge deck), who came in first last week during the draft fnm.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

14. - Top - End - #1484

For new thread ideas. I like the Thragtusk one. Thragtusk is a thing, but I can see Thragtusk not being a thing if there is good life gain hate in Gatecrash. Emrekul is timeless though :P So one of the emmy ones.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

15. - Top - End - #1485

I'll third the Thragtusk one. In standard, you're either playing Zombies, or playing Thragtusk, so...

As for hate for it... the Gruul are going to have cards to hate on it. There is no way that the FFL didn't see this coming in a format where Thragtusk and Restoration Angel were both legal, and Gruul is rather notable for the powerful hate cards it got (specifically, Giant Solifuge and Burning Tree Shaman)...
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

Magic: The Gathering XV: Ain't No Party Like a Rakdos Party
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magic: The Gathering Thread XV: Hoof, there it is!

Only because that's what my friend calls his deck with Craterhoof Behemoth in it

Magic: The Gathering Thread XV: Sanity not Included
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Magic: The Gathering XV: We Can't Stop Here, This is Thragtusk County
    I vote for this one.

19. - Top - End - #1489

I'll third the Thragtusk one. In standard, you're either playing Zombies, or playing Thragtusk, so...

As for hate for it... the Gruul are going to have cards to hate on it. There is no way that the FFL didn't see this coming in a format where Thragtusk and Restoration Angel were both legal, and Gruul is rather notable for the powerful hate cards it got (specifically, Giant Solifuge and Burning Tree Shaman)...
    STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT D: YOU ARE MAKING ME WANT TO KEEP MY ZOMBIE DECK BUT I GOTTA BUILD JUNK MIDRANGE! D:

Also. A guy at my local shop has possible one of the best decks I have ever seen. It is BUG midrange/control (bit of red splash, like 2 lands and 4 farseeks for bonfire) and it is soul crushing. He gets out 8/5 life linking thragtusks, that turn into 6/4 lifelinking beasts, get Griselbrand. Evil. It is really amazing actually. Total homebrew.
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Troll in the Playground

Or burn/Rakdos Aggro. Or Azorius Aggro. Or Azorius Midrange. Or...

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Or burn/Rakdos Aggro. Or Azorius Aggro. Or Azorius Midrange. Or...
    ...Mono green control.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    ...Mono green control.

23. - Top - End - #1493

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    It's technically a deck that people can play in standard. It just so happens that no one really does. Just like the other decks that Lord Seth listed.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ogre in the Playground

How would a mono green control deck work in Standard? Would it be viable to any extent?

I love control and I love out-there decks. So the key cards and synergies of it might be interesting. I'd rather not just get a deck list, if only because I like tinkering.
    Last edited by Shadow of the Sun; 2012-11-26 at 06:44 AM.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd also be interested in how mono green works, a friend of mine recently started up, and I wanted to help them build up the mono green deck(one of those 30 card starters) they have.
    I was also wondering if Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius was worth using in a R/U burn deck. He's 6 cmc, but has 5 power, is flying, and has a decent effect(spend 1 R mana and 1 U mana to deal 1 damage to a creature or player)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Troll in the Playground

It just so happens that no one really does. Just like the other decks that Lord Seth listed.
    No one really does? Is that why every deck I listed was in the Top 16 at the Seattle Star City Games Standard Open? (Two of them were Top 8)
    Last edited by Lord Seth; 2012-11-26 at 10:12 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It should probably be noted that Zombies has become less tribal-themed, and more just BR aggro; the only zombies it's playing these days are Diregraf Ghoul, Gravecrawler, and Geralf's Messenger.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Titan in the Playground

...although the old Zombie decks didn't really play more Zombies than that, either, so I fail to see how it's significantly different than before. Old Zombie decks played those, Blood Artist, Mortarpod, removal, and some combination of blue and/or red cards, generally Phantasmal Image and/or Falkenrath Aristocrat. A few versions played Highborn Ghoul, but 100% of the time it was their worst card that they played due to lack of options. Besides certain cards rotating out of Standard and the quality/number of their threats increasing, Zombies really hasn't changed that much.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-11-26 at 11:49 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    ...although the old Zombie decks didn't really play more Zombies than that, either, so I fail to see how it's significantly different than before. Old Zombie decks played those, Blood Artist, Mortarpod, removal, and some combination of blue and/or red cards, generally Phantasmal Image and/or Falkenrath Aristocrat. A few versions played Highborn Ghoul, but 100% of the time it was their worst card that they played due to lack of options. Besides certain cards rotating out of Standard and the quality/number of their threats increasing, Zombies really hasn't changed that much.
    I'm more comparing it to the BG versions, which have Lotleth Troll and Dreg Mangler.

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Titan in the Playground

Has anyone piloted the BG version with any success lately? I haven't been watching Standard that closely, but I didn't think that deck did very well these days.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC