New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Aha. He's already learning to troll! Even better!

Now, if it was just GitP, I could associtae with the proxy servers (I read that news). But other sites have been doing the same thing...

(Not taking any chance this time, this is goin' straight into Notepad...)
    Good point! Sorry.

I...

Get the gist of that sentence, I think, but that's muddled even by your phone's best standards...!
    Yeah. Wow. That survived four editing passes.

I'm so used to the mako I forget that it I not default for APC design.

The problem is, however, not clever people on the Internets, it's uncreative numpties doing all the childern's (and adult's) television. And it's not popular because generally no-one in a position to do so TRIES, just sticking with the same old same old. And that lack drives me to rocket launcher.
    Oh.

That's the in-world logic. That's not what I'm arguing with.

I have a problem with the whole concept of the writers, when deciding to write about sentient/sapient animals (when not just ignoring the whole concept of death altogether - don't get me started on that piece of molly-coddling nonsense) ALWAYS (not sometimes, not occasionally, ALWAYS) choosing to write the story in that same, tired old way because they are too stupid, lazy and idiotic to have a creative thought.
    ... But, it's in-world logic which is reused because that's the story they want to tell. It's chosen by the designer. So it's not just the in-world logic. It does matter.
    the constant regurgitation sucks though.

And they are always protrayed as Monsters, not Villains, which is what annoys me most. (There is a BIIIG difference.) THAT is a conscious decision by the writers, and I have yet to ever see an inversion of that, where the herbivores are the non-communiative, engimatic Monsters, which is what annoys me. (Because herbivores totally can't be threatening can they, *cough*hippo*cough* collective idiot writers of the world?)

Fer cryin' out loud, most of the Dinosaur herbivores are Hideously Beweaponed!
    The weapon-y Dinos are also portrayed as jerks. Just saying.

I dunno. I don't see the problem there. They are animals which are massive and violent. That is a kind of monster. Sorry.

I'm not sure what the plural is actually, now you come to menton it.The internet is unhelpful, impling it either might be pterodactyls or it might be pterodactylus is itself a plural. (The presence of "pterodactyls" used incorrectly everywhere makes it hard to sort through.)
    Weird.

But I could not eat AT ALL. And I will eat sentient creatures for kicks if mood takes me...
    Right. Somehow missed that XD

But I think I've argued enough on this. Those Films are not worth that much of time, save for when I take great pleasure in setting them - and the souls of the writers - on plasma when my time comes.
    Och. That would sting.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Ponysane. What is that. What even is that?

... what does that even mean? Are you sane about Ponies? Sane only with Ponies? Insane but Pony themed? Insane about Ponies?

It's not in my dictionary! And Google tells me nothing! Infact, it links me back to here! YOU DON'T ANSWER A QUESTION WITH ITSELF!
    Pssh. Not with THAY attitude.

Ask PrincessMidnight on the IRC. What's the harm~?

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I'm mostly hating on the games that boil down to "describe your character, and then, like, roll some dice, man." except they take fifty pages to say it, and they provide no clues as to what a reasonable description is in terms of either detail or power level. Screw that.
    Oh! Yeah. Those are... Yeah.

Actually, that sort of feels like how the RPchannel went for a while >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Not without a background. This is all I really got; she's my least drawn OC.
    Welp, you'd best be getin' on that pardner.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I want to know though, who would be the ones causing an infinite OCrisis in ponythread? Lix? *Pink Cult? *One of the masks? Bleakbane and his benefactors? Return of the mighty Midnight? *Siuis causing something of Flash-quality facepalming?

Seriously, the Flash screws up everything ever.
    Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Put him in as Magnus, and no one ever said ponies have 'last names' *points out fluttershy for example*

Seems good to me.

I threw in a space-taker-upper, I think what I'm going to do is have what I've been doing for the cast page, but then have links to more filled posts where people can put darn near any amount of information.

I cropped a picture out of that for space reasons, assuming things are fine for you, it works.

Freely answerable questions: Two new ones at the bottom.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also narcissism made me throw crossings onto the top of the list...
    Heh. Narcissism.

So what do I do? Draw a picture? Is a pen drawn photo sufficient? What are the dimensions required? Do I have to somehow edit the question into the top? Can I use any of the previously displayed images? Do I have to cal dibs? Can multiple people answer a single question?

None of the stuff I've been asking has come up yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    No. That doesn't help at all. If anything I'm now even more uncomfortable. Is this... is this a normal thing for people? To have "NPCs" in their heads?

I'm sorry. I wanted to stay quiet on this but I can't. Am I the only one here genuinely worried here? Zigg has just told us that he has voices in his head and most people's resposes here are "Oh, that's neat". Is it just because it's ponies?
    Aha. No, actually. For one, I'm terrible at "normal".

Two, the infomation that would either allow it to make sense, or allow you to join in the silent scoffing from
    The rest of the thread, is non-board appropriate. So I'll have to find you in the IRC, or something, but I assure you he is not saying he developed voices. He is saying he has basically created a spirit familiar.

Zigg, I'm sorry, but the more I think about this, the more it actually scares me. You said you had one of these Tulpas before, and that it was "slightly dangerous". Dangerous in what way? If these things can be harmful do you really think keeping them is a good idea? I just read an account online of a woman who created one of these. It started off being friendly and then turned malicious down the line. Is this likely to happen here? They look and act like ponies now but...
    This tends to be why people view psychics and such as nutjobs, actually.

Oh, it's okay, my Dad's gonna get the cable I need tomorrow.
    Cool beans.

I'm not sure I understand.
    The exact cause is irrelevant, but;

At 13 I decided to stop being such a sissy. I decided I liked beards and manly things and people should either act or get the hell out of the way. That responsibility for your actions was more important than those actions being good or bad.

Since then I've watched a woman punched in the face and dragged Into a car because I didn't have the fortitude to find out of the guy was bluffin About having a gun. I have a machete scar on my left pinkie. I've chased a speeding truck five blocks down the road at a dead hunter's run because I took them stealing an 18-pack of beer as a personal insult. I've done some things that I feel justified in but I can't detail. An it's all terrible.

Nobody picks on me. Nobody bothers me. Nobody calls my bluff. Nobody trusts me. Nobody feels okay with me being alone in a room with them. My boy language screams all sorts of terrible things, because it's really easy for me to make it clear that if you call me a name one more time I will break your fingers and superglue them curled in reverse.

I fixed being bullied by becoming a terrible person. I still fight that conditioning to this day. Braz walks in and I freak out and wake up in a low crouch because the door opened within ten feet. I was heckled on the train ride home from SFO and wouldn't have batted an eye if the people ha followed me if the train like I challenged them to. I'm overcoming it though. Braz has actually gone to work the last few days without me waking up.

Sometimes, you need to kick the dragon in the face. It's hard to figure out when that's the bad option though.

If your choices are be bullied or be a bully, stay where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    On the subject of mental NPCs it is realtivly common and I've heard the phenomenon is experienced by many writers as they try and write realistic characters they slowly lose control over the characters as stuff they planned no longer fits the character that they've made.
    This and a Tulpa are different processes however. A good NPC is more like remembering someone who meet existed. It's like guessing what your sister would do in any given situation.

On Tulpas I have no experience with but Zigg has told us he was able to remove a malign Tulpa before and these two are based of Twilight and Pinkie Pie, some of the most benign characters in fiction. They seem to have a positive influence on Zigg and Zigg is comfortable with their presence. As things stand there is nothing to worry about. I'm currently debating if I should try and generate a Tulpa of my own though I strongly doubt my ability to do so. Interestingly enough I suspect my doubt will further make it less likely I will succeed and this realization about my doubt will further decrease my chances.
    Just...

Guys. If highly disciplined monks have trouble with it... Let's see.

If the Jedi master thinks he shouldn't play with sith powers, perhaps as a laying it is also a good idea not to play with sith powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    That I'm not! now people can't just say what they like cuz they instantly become fans??? c'mooooon! I've never even been a fan of something!
    I'm calling pony plop on this one. A fan is someone who likes something. It's a binary state; if you like it you are a fan of it. That's how it's defined.

You can't come up with your own definition and then presume everyone else who uses the word is wrong.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

That I'm not! now people can't just say what they like cuz they instantly become fans??? c'mooooon! I've never even been a fan of something!
    So you don't like anything then. You don't like any movies, books, video games, bands/songs, etc. Hardly that but I will go further, you must have a favorite something or other. You are a fan of all those things.

Fan is just a word to express "person that likes [X]" so if you have anything to fit the variable then you are a certifiable fan. Around here we just have a special word for pony fans.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    So what do I do? Draw a picture? Is a pen drawn photo sufficient? What are the dimensions required? Do I have to somehow edit the question into the top? Can I use any of the previously displayed images? Do I have to cal dibs? Can multiple people answer a single question?

None of the stuff I've been asking has come up yet :P
    Draw a picture. Have fun. Questions are about 700px wide. If you can. Probably. This being ponythread, you can call dibs and they may or may not be honored. Thanqol and Tiki both answered the very first question, so there's even precedent.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #424
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ouch.
    Well I was kind of referring to the mage character from back during air-shipping causing lots of trouble.

Also, I didn't call you aquaman!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Well I was kind of referring to the mage character from back during air-shipping causing lots of trouble.

I'm sorry but last I checked being called Aquaman is a compliment. Because Aquaman is totally awesome.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I'm sorry but last I checked being called Aquaman is a compliment. Because Aquaman is totally awesome.
    Especially considering that the majority of the worlds population lives along the coast. Although that really only leaves Aquaman one recourse to crime.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

7. - Top - End - #427

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I have much sadness: because I didn't save, I just lost half and hour's work on Inkscape for the tumblr. :sadface:
    Gosh dang it. Lost almost the entire second post because it happened again. Shoot me.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Especially considering that the majority of the worlds population lives along the coast. Although that really only leaves Aquaman one recourse to crime.

Spoiler
    Show
    Surely this is what you were looking for:

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Nope. Mine shows the major issue with being a crime fighter and using aquatic animals; you have to flood the city to let your army of darkness in!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #430

Spoiler
    Show
    On the contrary. This is the reason why Aquaman is able to keep up with people like Superman: Cthulhu is his pet.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

11. - Top - End - #431
    Banned

Oh fie, I wasn't ruining things! I was... Setting up the action sequences! [i]ans crying, that was expensive moonshine and Luna doesn't remember enough to compensate me T~T[/size]

And Aquaman? As an insult? Ooout-RAGEOUS!

Gosh dang it. Lost almost the entire second post because it happened again. Shoot me.
    Welcome to the SNES RPGer's mantra: save early. Save often. Redundant slots. Repeated attempts. And pray.

Spoiler
    Show
    buH-GAWWK *lays an egg and flees, Pinkie-style*

12. - Top - End - #432

What made it worse was that I was moving the mouse to click on the save button when it happened.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

If your choices are be bullied or be a bully, stay where you are.
    Alternatively, become an Evil Lich...

Not that I was bullied at school, actually, despite being as unique there as here. For one, I'd have cheerfully informed the nearest adult, because, y'know Lawful, and for two because I was also that weird kid like Mr Tea-Time who would have fought nasty, kicking and screaming and clawing if pushed.

Though seriously, though my parents did send me to a private school (that my Dad had gone to in at infant-school age (which he hilariously noted had shrunk in the intervening years) as my secondary school because my local secondary school had a terrible reputation and my parents were concerned, being as I am sheer-bloody-mindedly contrary as I am, I very probably would have been. I consider myself fortunate in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    You can't come up with your own definition and then presume everyone else who uses the word is wrong.
    Note without being a Lich, at any rate...

Especially considering that the majority of the worlds population lives along the coast.
    The most important porion of the majority (i.e, the one that contains the top of the global Lich population), however, unlives (at least part of the time) as far from the coast as is possible within the confines of an island nation...

Oh, while I've got thirty seconds Original Bleakbane current avatar image, as provided by PrinceAquilaDei.

(If you're still around by the PAD, I've actually got as far as getting the threatened T-Shirt, though with the usual choas around here, I've not had chance to print it yet...!)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-07 at 03:14 AM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Bugbear in the Playground

SO Bronycon Doc latest update shows a time-lapsed videos of bronies entering the con

If you pause @1:33~1:34 you'll see a nicely captured frame of most of the Threadponies that attended.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-07-07 at 03:38 AM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

15. - Top - End - #435
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    SO Bronycon Doc latest update shows a time-lapsed videos of bronies entering the con

If you pause @1:33~1:34 you'll see a nicely captured frame of most of the Threadponies that attended.
    I like that in the two seconds mentioned, I look alternately like a hippy chick, or just motion and hair

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

New roommate introduced me to certain alcoholic drinks. Had a mudslide and some Hypnotiq. Apparently I have a higher tolerance than I thought. It affected me none, while he was weaving around and slurring his speech.

By the way, Diablo 3 is nothing but a big giant ragequit.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New roommate introduced me to certain alcoholic drinks. Had a mudslide and some Hypnotiq. Apparently I have a higher tolerance than I thought. It affected me none, while he was weaving around and slurring his speech.

By the way, Diablo 3 is nothing but a big giant ragequit.
    That bad? I had heard the patching was... Special, but? Anything in particular! Other than "it's another Diablo" I know NOTHING about it.

Also, alcohol has different effects based on physiology. It's entirely possible to be tipsy, and never notice because you don't perform the few functions that woul noticeably be impaired. Of course, it's also possible to just resist it.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno. I think we could raise the money to supplement several UK bronies comin' over. It would require a concerted effort though.
    Oh no, technically, I might be able to afford it if I travel cheap. It's more of the "flying on a plane all the way to America on my own, then working out what to do from there" thing that scares me. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    There's BUCK up in Manchester. I'm not sure yet what will happen there, but hopefully the programme will be released soon. Are any Playgrounders thinking of going?
    Yeah, I was thinking about going actually, but it's a lot of money (travel, accommodation + tickets), which is why I might leave it for this year, see the feedback and reviews, if it's good, then I might try and go next year.
    I know they have a bunch of special guests, a lot of people from the UKoEquestria forums are going.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

That bad? I had heard the patching was... Special, but? Anything in particular! Other than "it's another Diablo" I know NOTHING about it.

Also, alcohol has different effects based on physiology. It's entirely possible to be tipsy, and never notice because you don't perform the few functions that woul noticeably be impaired. Of course, it's also possible to just resist it.
    We walked to a take-out restaurant nearby, and I was feeling nothing, so I think it's safe to say it didn't affect me. And it's the second time it's happened since I moved. His girlfriend and I had the same drink at Chili's on my birthday, and again, she was tore up, and I felt nothing.

I gave Blizzard the benefit of the doubt when Diablo 3 was released and everyone was complaining. But ever since then, they've taken an extremely unbalanced game, and done nothing to actually fix it. Certain mob abilities hitting too hard, gear drops not being consistent, everything. They decided that Diablo 3 shouldn't be a diablo game, and took out multiple spawn points for treasure chests, got rid of gold dropping from certain breakable items, and pigeonholed everyone into the same talent choices, even though they claimed otherwise. When they were developing the game, they said they wanted to fix higher difficulties, so that certain classes weren't at a disadvantage. In Diablo 2, every monster in Hell had some kind of immunity, and for certain classes it made killing them impossible. Instead, they gave elites and champions "affixes" like Nightmarish which fears, or arcane which drops rotating beams of death. The combinations of these in higher difficulties (they get more as you go up) can cause them to basically be indestructible, or constantly keeping you controlled, or able to kill you within the span of a second. And for melee like myself, you're forced to kite monsters around constantly, because all that I just mentioned applies to everything.

There's more, a lot more, but it's just pointless to complain anymore. All that, in an extremely unbalanced game, and they're not even addressing it. But oh god, players are farming gold from pots, and HOLY CRAP WE HAVE TO CHANGE THAT NOW!!!

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

On the contrary. This is the reason why Aquaman is able to keep up with people like Superman: Cthulhu is his pet.
    Aquaman can talk to and control Sea Creatures.
    Cthulhu is an Alien.

Ends badly.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    On the subject of mental NPCs it is realtivly common and I've heard the phenomenon is experienced by many writers as they try and write realistic characters they slowly lose control over the characters as stuff they planned no longer fits the character that they've made.
    This happened to me when I was making my side characters for the fic I'm working on. As I was plotting out their personalities, one of them rolled their eyes at me (don't ask me how she did it, I just knew that's what she was doing) and told me this whole "pick five meaningful words per character" nonsense was a big waste of time, we should just get to writing.

I proceeded to snub her and write down her last word anyway. What was she going to do about it?

EDIT:

Case in point: James Hyneman from Mythbusters. When he gets drunk, there's barely any change in his speech or actions. His face simply turns beet red and he's more prone to an occasional chuckle, but that's it.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-07-07 at 04:29 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Oh, while I've got thirty seconds Original Bleakbane current avatar image, as provided by PrinceAquilaDei.

(If you're still around by the PAD, I've actually got as far as getting the threatened T-Shirt, though with the usual choas around here, I've not had chance to print it yet...!)
    Excellent.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    No. That doesn't help at all. If anything I'm now even more uncomfortable. Is this... is this a normal thing for people? To have "NPCs" in their heads?
    From what I can gather, it's fairly normal among those who spend a lot of time trying to think like people they are not. Writers, roleplayers, that sort of thing.

I can relate to the idea, personally. When mulling over things I'll often create a figment to argue a side on whatever matter I'm thinking about. A sort of devil's advocate, I suppose. They aren't NPCs, or sentient, or even posses any characteristics beyond "will try to defend X point of view". They don't exist any longer than the time I spend arguing with myself and never get recreated. Although that last sentence implies more individuality and "thing-ness" than I want to communicate. Wish I had the vocabulary to discuss this better.

Anyway, I use this as a tool to counter emotional attachment to certain ideas. By compartimentalising the mind and viewing the part of me as not-quite-me, it's easier to detect and critically examine ideas that aren't so much true as simply things I want to be true. About half the time I just end up creating a strawman (which annoys me), but I'm often genuinely surprised at the arguments I make from the figment's perspective. Basically, it's like shoulder angel/devil that tries to reason instead of appeal to emotions.

I can easily see how this idea of compartimentalising the mind into different viewpoints can extend much further into creating full-blown independent personas, NPCs, tulpas or whatever. Personally, wouldn't want any. I have enough trouble wearing all the masks I wear, and I don't need another mannequin in the shop confusing matters further.
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Nope. Mine shows the major issue with being a crime fighter and using aquatic animals; you have to flood the city to let your army of darkness in!
    Oh I see your still under the delusion that he need ocean life and can't just throw down with Superman all on his own. On land, with no water in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Aquaman can talk to and control Sea Creatures.
    Cthulhu is an Alien.

Ends badly.
    He controls such divergent results as crustaceans, fish, and mammals, seems to me 'lives in the sea' is sufficient.

And old squidface has been in residence longer then most residents, plus predates immigration law so he's clearly no an alien.

The real joke is that if a mere boat was sufficient to trouble it, Aquaman will have no problem making Cthulhu his personal Godzilla through the timeless means of beating it up until it decides to be friendly.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Colossus in the Playground

He controls such divergent results as crustaceans, fish, and mammals, seems to me 'lives in the sea' is sufficient.

And old squidface has been in residence longer then most residents, plus predates immigration law so he's clearly no an alien.

The real joke is that if a mere boat was sufficient to trouble it, Aquaman will have no problem making Cthulhu his personal Godzilla through the timeless means of beating it up until it decides to be friendly.
    Didn't Hawkgirl beat up Cthulhu in an episode of JLU?

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Didn't Hawkgirl beat up Cthulhu in an episode of JLU?
    Different character technically, harder to spell. Obvious who it was supposed to be of course, but that's another matter.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Man, all the good stuff happens when I'm about to go to sleep.

... I kinda want to see quotes now, of some of the things they've accused you off. I should be fair, but part of me feels rather confident that they probably have quotes of you lined up and ready. Granted, if they didn't, their claims would be quite a bit less powerful...

yes there are stages, already said I was around Stage 2
    .... you've been on these threads for Months, and you're still in the testing state? Jesus, you must be indecisive as hell.

Seems more like a mix of 3 and 4
    You'd be a Stage 1 or Stage 7 then, not a Stage 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Ponysanity, Noun: The state of being seriously mentally ill with a focus on ponies and/or having an obession with ponies.
    So just insane, but pony themed. I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Really? I'm fairly certain you've indicated you're a fan of explosions at the very least.
    That's just nitpicky. Who doesn't like explosions? There's nothing that can't be made better by adding an explosion to it. Good Grades, Fighting, Birth, Car Rides, It's-A-Small-World-After-All, Food, everything!

And on that note, I just put that demonic song in my head. I may be contemplating cutting myself until the pain temporarally blacks out all rational thought.

I mean media like shows/games/that sort of stuff.
    Little Green: You must be specific.

Pssh. Not with THAY attitude.

Ask PrincessMidnight on the IRC. What's the harm~?
    Depends. What's an IRC?

I'm calling pony plop on this one. A fan is someone who likes something. It's a binary state; if you like it you are a fan of it. That's how it's defined.
    So you don't like anything then. You don't like any movies, books, video games, bands/songs, etc. Hardly that but I will go further, you must have a favorite something or other. You are a fan of all those things.

Fan is just a word to express "person that likes [X]" so if you have anything to fit the variable then you are a certifiable fan. Around here we just have a special word for pony fans.
    Even though I hold quite a bit of faith in the "he's in denial" camp, I'll defend him. The two aren't constantly together. You can like one thing and not be a fan of it. I have a massive man-crush on Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark, but that doesn't make me automatically a fan of him in general. I can occasionally enjoy eating a spicy pepper but they aren't on my list of favorite foods. My Rank 337 Standard Orbitars are Pimp Tastic and I love them, but Orbitars aren't my favorite weapon type in Kid Icarus Uprising.

For the most part, it's the additional Enthusiasm that helps mark one outright as a Fan, be it Fan from Fanatic, or Fan from Fancy. Changing one's life styles to suit the interest in question, continuous desire for external involvement with said interest, excet. These are details that help mark a fan as a fan, rather than someone with an interest, or even some positive feed.

It's not just a like; you have... TO GO... EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Granted, the above was written pretty much out of thin air, with a mild wikipedia referencing, and I'm only investing this little bit of attention on the subject because it amuses me so. I'm at the point where I'm just burning time away.

*Also, I have absolutely no reason as to why I referenced that. I just like it that much.

And yet people do that all the time. :p

..... I must have been raised differently. I was under the assumption Aquaman was a joke. Like Raditz. Or Yamcha. Or Meg.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    ..... I must have been raised differently. I was under the assumption Aquaman was a joke. Like Raditz. Or Yamcha. Or Meg.
    You were raised wrong then and clearly never really watched that show.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground