New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Banned

Question Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    We walked to a take-out restaurant nearby, and I was feeling nothing, so I think it's safe to say it didn't affect me. *And it's the second time it's happened since I moved. *His girlfriend and I had the same drink at Chili's on my birthday, and again, she was tore up, and I felt nothing.
    Cool. I'd like to drink with you at some point then. I enjoy loose but still intelligent conversations

I gave Blizzard the benefit of the doubt when Diablo 3 was released and everyone was complaining. *But ever since then, they've taken an extremely unbalanced game, and done nothing to actually fix it. *Certain mob abilities hitting too hard, gear drops not being consistent, everything. *They decided that Diablo 3 shouldn't be a diablo game, and took out multiple spawn points for treasure chests, got rid of gold dropping from certain breakable items, and pigeonholed everyone into the same talent choices, even though they claimed otherwise. *When they were developing the game, they said they wanted to fix higher difficulties, so that certain classes weren't at a disadvantage. *In Diablo 2, every monster in Hell had some kind of immunity, and for certain classes it made killing them impossible. *Instead, they gave elites and champions "affixes" like Nightmarish which fears, or arcane which drops rotating beams of death. *The combinations of these in higher difficulties (they get more as you go up) can cause them to basically be indestructible, or constantly keeping you controlled, or able to kill you within the span of a second. *And for melee like myself, you're forced to kite monsters around constantly, because all that I just mentioned applies to everything.

There's more, a lot more, but it's just pointless to complain anymore. *All that, in an extremely unbalanced game, and they're not even addressing it. *But oh god, players are farming gold from pots, and HOLY CRAP WE HAVE TO CHANGE THAT NOW!!!
    Wow. That sounds like they switched to the World of Warcraft model and weren't ready for the after effects. Although I suppose that's based entirely on camera view; Diablo 2 had the same problem but a birds eye view. Plenty of gold selling and such there.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    From what I can gather, it's fairly normal among those who spend a lot of time trying to think like people they are not. Writers, roleplayers, that sort of thing.

I can relate to the idea, personally. When mulling over things I'll often create a figment to argue a side on whatever matter I'm thinking about. A sort of devil's advocate, I suppose. They aren't NPCs, or sentient, or even posses any characteristics beyond "will try to defend X point of view". They don't exist any longer than the time I spend arguing with myself and never get recreated. Although that last sentence implies more individuality and "thing-ness" than I want to communicate. Wish I had the vocabulary to discuss this better.

Anyway, I use this as a tool to counter emotional attachment to certain ideas. By compartimentalising the mind and viewing the part of me as not-quite-me, it's easier to detect and critically examine ideas that aren't so much true as simply things I want to be true. About half the time I just end up creating a strawman (which annoys me), but I'm often genuinely surprised at the arguments I make from the figment's perspective. Basically, it's like shoulder angel/devil that tries to reason instead of appeal to emotions.

I can easily see how this idea of compartimentalising the mind into different viewpoints can extend much further into creating full-blown independent personas, NPCs, tulpas or whatever. Personally, wouldn't want any. I have enough trouble wearing all the masks I wear, and I don't need another mannequin in the shop confusing matters further.
    I think you misunderstand the term NPC. It just means something internally consistent enough that cursory interaction can make you think it's a person. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... you've been on these threads for Months, and you're still in the testing state? Jesus, you must be indecisive as hell.
    Well, no. Consider the number of people that are here to talk to bronies and not to talk about ponies. We are a pretty swank bunch after all.

What's a fan of a fan? If a fan of ponies is a brony, what's a fan of bronies called?

Because that is probably what luka is

So just insane, but pony themed. I see.
    Sanity is a relevant and almost purely human construct. an elf cannot be sane because it's worldview has nothing to do with human societal interaction. In fact, a human with an elf's perspective would be drastically insane, just like an elf with a human viewpoint is insane.

The lich isn't insane, he just doesn't have any of the needs of a human so a mental paradigm which takes those needs into account is pretty eccentric.

Ponysanity is perfectly "sane" colloquially, given that we are ponies talking about ponies in a ponythread.

That's just nitpicky. Who doesn't like explosions? There's nothing that can't be made better by adding an explosion to it. Good Grades, Fighting, Birth, Car Rides, It's-A-Small-World-After-All, Food, everything!
    Hi. I don't like explosions. They are wasteful in every sense of the word. They are inelegant and without being designed specifically to look good (fireworks) they are aesthetically displeasing. They achieve very little that can't be achieved better through some other means if you're willing to invest the time.

Depends. What's an IRC?
    You're showing your youth

Internet relay chat. It was the predominant chat room interface before AOL made their own, I believe.

Specifically, it's linked somewhere and takes you to a web page that lets you get on the ponythread IRC channel where a lot of us (and almost everypony who dropped out of the threads) hangs out.

Even though I hold quite a bit of faith in the "he's in denial" camp, I'll defend him. The two aren't constantly together. You can like one thing and not be a fan of it. I have a massive man-crush on Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark, but that doesn't make me automatically a fan of him in general. I can occasionally enjoy eating a spicy pepper but they aren't on my list of favorite foods. My Rank 337 Standard Orbitars are Pimp Tastic and I love them, but Orbitars aren't my favorite weapon type in Kid Icarus Uprising.

For the most part, it's the additional Enthusiasm that helps mark one outright as a Fan, be it Fan from Fanatic, or Fan from Fancy. Changing one's life styles to suit the interest in question, continuous desire for external involvement with said interest, excet. These are details that help mark a fan as a fan, rather than someone with an interest, or even some positive feed.
    Bull flop. You're crossing connotation an denotation. Yes, you're a fan of his presentation of iron man. Yes you're a fan of the weapon - fan doesn't mean it's your single utter favorite. I can split hairs just as well as you can. And I'll note you are using "Fan", capital F. You're starting from a faulty premise of a certain minimum amount of dedication above what is considered normal. That's not true.

Spoiler
    Show

I want to hear how "Rainbow Dash is best pony" belies liking and enthusiasm. Seriously. Lay it on me.
    You like the show. If you watch it, and show even as much enthusiasm as "wow, that was remarkably not terrible" (and yes, you are remarking on it, making it remarkable!) you are a fan. If you are specifically a fan of anything in pony culture, you are a brony. Very simple.

If you don't want to be called a brony? Fine. But we've given Luka a safe word. Tell us honestly and sincerely to stop, and we will. I don't think he has yet. I certainly don't remember it. And I've said it three or four times now.

And yet people do that all the time. :p
    The number of murders committed all the time does not validate murder as an action to be taken. The number of people trying to win logic via force of personality alone does not make that okay, either.

Oh, and Yamcha was supposed to be pretty awesome, just overshadowed. Like poor Kuririn. Magnitudes stronger than any other human ever, and still a bumpkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka
    I'm not a fan of those, and I go with Inoknownames about fandom, just liking it doesn't make you a fan, but liking and going further into it makes someone a fan, and I haven't done that with anything, except explosions and fights
    This deserves special mention. Forewarning; I'm in a bad mood.

[non-pony] [rant] [cantankerous]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Youre a fan of fights. Really? Try them.

I don't mean schoolyard scuffles, where limp wristed children jump around without any real ability to put their body weight into their lazy, handset haymakers.

I mean someone swinging a 2x4 at your head. Someone with a knife or a crowbar or four of his buddies, jackboots and a
    Chip on his shoulder tryin to leave you in a mud hole. A real fight were everything is chaos, pain, proprioception and blood. Where the hydrostatic shock from a good kick to the torso can give you a concussion. Where a blow to the chest refers you breathless and immobile while what feels like a dozen limbs all try to break your bones one at a time.

Crawl out of a pile of bodies, of which you aren't even sure most are conscious or alive, where all it takes is pushing someone away when they try to knock you out in order to be arrested for fighting, where there are no goo choices. Go through that and tell me you're a fan of fighting.

Or perhaps you only like seeing others get into fights? You're going to tell me it's okay because it's not you and you're not getting hurt. Except for that's the most terrible sort of morals, where so Long as you come out clean everyone else can trot off. It okay to see other people of through hell for your amusement because you are amused.

Or perhaps it's only cartoons and such, where kids are taught that these actions and maneuvers are the right way to behave, where entire cultures ignore that even the most incidental strike can cripple you for months but that's okay because you're hot blooded! You're cool and willing to Stand up for what you believe! Why bother wing a better person an growing when you can threaten someone with life altering physical violence instead!

I'm so tired. Not in an angry way, but a weary way. I'm so tired of people responding to pony stuff with "That pony should have kicked that one guy's ass!". I really am. You know what pony brings me? Peace. It is a refreshing reminder that you can be peaceable, non violent, and still stick to your guns. That life is not ALPHA MALE **** YEAH BRO I TEABAGGED THAT MOTHER AND TOLD HIM I WOULD RAPE HIS SISTER versus the soft hearted losers. You can stop fighting and still win. And that is so very important

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    After 2 months of non-lurking I come back to hide in the shadows once more! Muhaha-ha!
    I see you have a good coverage of Bronycon, I'll probably read up the previous thread when I have the time...
    FIZMAT!
    FIZMAT!
    FIZMAT!

*group hug!*

Usually when the herbivores are mindless and dangerous they're regarded as a force of nature, not a slasher monster. Exactly because unlike carnivores they don't actively seek to destroy you.

If the story is about carnivores the pray can be:*
    • mindless and not dangerous, in which case you don't dwell on it. Walking to the fridge to get a hotdog is not that interesting.
    • mindless and dangerous, in which case it's like an work hazard or force of nature: not evil, not really scary, just can kill you
    • smart, dangerous and vengeful, like an elephant who never forgets to kill. Notice the vengeful part. Now this is a slasher monster, but notice how specific we need to be to get here!
    • sapient, in which case morality comes into play and everything gets complicated.

If the story is about herbivores the hunters can be:*
    • mindless/stupid, in which case they are not scary. Kinda like a work hazard again. Can be monsters, if the pray doesn't notice the hunter is stupid or is too scared to use its predictability.
    • smart monsters. Don't need to be vengeful, just hungry, which makes this kind of story much more prevalent.
    • sapient, in which case they're probably villains.
    Thanks. I think I kinda lost abstraction there and got stuck in the examples.

Riki-tiki-tavi was positive and he's somewhat like a weasel. Then again, he eats snakes, not furry critters.
    Yeah, a cobra doesn't drastically outweigh a mongoose, so I figured the commodore wouldn't care.

I thought Bleakbane was the sane one? That was a long time ago, now I'm not sure anymore.
    We are a motley bunch of lunatics.
    Except for those dirty Solarian imperialists. :P

I'm not sure what an "onf" is, but I want Pics, or it didn't happen, that you've survived being blown up since 4. That's usually a fatal experience, what with the 4th+ degree burns.
    Oh lawdy there's only one explanation
    Luka is Awakened >_<

[Not Trolling]Seriously though, that mindset (yours) is a good one. Don't feel bad about stuff. Do what feels natural to you and that you like. You're the one who has to live with your choices.[/Not Trolling]
    Eh. Connotation and denotation are important things to keep separate. "I don't like the definition" doesn't change the definition. It didn't work with Tupac an his thug life, it's not gonna work here.

Eh, I got coddled when I was little. I wasn't quite ready to hang out with the big kids yet, and didn't come out of it very well... my brother was one of my biggest enemies for a while, but we've finally come back to basics.
    Ditto. I just decided "Welp, I'm*Stuck as a man may as well*Be good at it" one day.

Too bad I missed the mark so badly...

I have never called anything my "waifu" and never will. *Also find it odd they would use that word, since it's mainly an anime thing.
    Yeah. I'm... Not even sure what a waifu is. It's up there with wifey for me. Smacks too much of ownership and objectification for my liking.

-

In other news! I am in a strange predicament where I have more time than I'm*Used to, but that it's probably better for me not to do anything leisurely with it. So! In order to make progress on my stated goal o being more ponysane and less of a barely quiescent, raging jerk, I'm going to... Temporarily shelve my element. Go back to the fun pony stuff. Post smaller, and probably less frequently.

Oh, an Luka! Afore you get too upset, consider that if I didn't consider us a least amiable acquaintances, I wouldn't bother getting my knickers in a twist. If I didn't like you, I'd just ignore you. Friendship means not having to pull your punches after all
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-07-07 at 05:34 PM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Alright, I said I was going to post in the morning, but I clearly failed there. As an apology, have loads of Bronycon pictures!

My highlights:

Meet the Ponies in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show

A sighting of Mr. De Lancie up close.
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome fursuits (pretty much the only kind that don't creep me out)
    Spoiler
    Show

Friends from The Other BoardTM (Canterlot.com meet up)
    Spoiler
    Show

A selection of awesome custom stuffed toys
    Spoiler
    Show

Me and Pinkie!

Etch-a-Sketch Derpy
    Spoiler
    Show

TF2 Customs
    Spoiler
    Show

Lauren Faust receives her gift
    Spoiler
    Show

Faust: "How will I get this on the plane?"

Mah SWAG!
    Spoiler
    Show

(P.S. I was totally right guys! That's Jet Set at the bottom, NOT Fancy Pants. Fancy has blue hair and a monocle.)

And once again, me and Lauren. Just because.
    Spoiler
    Show

Have you ever heard an author mention changing their mind because the characters refused to go along with their original intention? Have you ever encountered an actor who specifically internalized their character, rather than simply memorizing lines and stage directions? Have you ever, for that matter, met someone who applied one of the "WW*D (What Would [person] Do?)" maxims very broadly?
    No, no, and no. I believe I've heard people such as Thanqol state that they've changed a story because they felt that it wasn't right for the characters, but I don't believe they ever stated that the character "refused" to cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Diego,
    First, I want to leave your fears to rest, as best as I can.
    -snip-
    Okay, um, I don't know where to start. I guess I feel I'm okay with this now, so thank you (and everyone else who commented) for explaining. I'm still weirded out, but I guess I can accept that you're not crazy. ^^:

I think part of what's throwing me off with this is that I have a lot of trouble understanding other people, especially how they think. Hell, I barely understand myself sometimes. The idea of having an entity in my head that thinks differently to me, even if it's just an "NPC" and not a Tulpas/Thoughtform... I find it hard to fathom. I guess this is why I'm not a writer and why my roleplaying characters all end up similar to me.

I may or may not take you up on your PM offer. I think it's best I let this stuff sink in for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Still working on the Elements question! Have the first image. There'll be at least two more later tonight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awwww, you used the old list. I'm element of Image Dumps now.

Speaking of which, I have a massive one coming up. Got a lot of material left over from before the con too.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Aha. No, actually. For one, I'm terrible at "normal".

Two, the infomation that would either allow it to make sense, or allow you to join in the silent scoffing from
    The rest of the thread, is non-board appropriate. So I'll have to find you in the IRC, or something, but I assure you he is not saying he developed voices. He is saying he has basically created a spirit familiar.
    I have never been on the IRC before, but I may get on at some point in the future.

If your choices are be bullied or be a bully, stay where you are.
    I see.

This and a Tulpa are different processes however. A good NPC is more like remembering someone who meet existed. It's like guessing what your sister would do in any given situation.
    Okay, I get ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    SO Bronycon Doc latest update shows a time-lapsed videos of bronies entering the con

If you pause @1:33~1:34 you'll see a nicely captured frame of most of the Threadponies that attended.
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Oh no, technically, I might be able to afford it if I travel cheap. It's more of the "flying on a plane all the way to America on my own, then working out what to do from there" thing that scares me. >_<
    On your own? Nah. If you want to go, we'll go together. I'd much rather hang out with someone while I'm travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about going actually, but it's a lot of money (travel, accommodation + tickets), which is why I might leave it for this year, see the feedback and reviews, if it's good, then I might try and go next year.
    I know they have a bunch of special guests, a lot of people from the UKoEquestria forums are going.
    I'm uncertain about it too now. I think the cost, plus how long it's been since Bronycon will be a bit much. I mean, if lots of us are going, we could probably split accomodation fees and stuff to keep costs down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Nice!

¬_¬ Still need to read it.

By the way, Diablo 3 is nothing but a big giant ragequit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Eh, it ain't that bad. I was only a casual D2 player at the best of times, thought (I never even made it through Nightmare), so for me, D3 is perfectly fine. (Especially as I got it for only £22 quid, thank you Amazon...) It's a mildly entertaining thumping session, which is all I expected from it.
    I'm in the same boat as the Commodore here. I played Monk to the end of Nightmare and found nothing wrong. I really can't be bothered with Hell. I've started a wizard too, and that's pretty good so far. For £22 I can't complain.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Can someone else be the one to tell her it's only 1d4+1 per missile capping at 5d4+5?
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, no. Consider the number of people that are here to talk to bronies and not to talk about ponies. We are a pretty swank bunch after all.

What's a fan of a fan? If a fan of ponies is a brony, what's a fan of bronies called?

Because that is probably what luka is
    That actually makes more sense

Hi. I don't like explosions. They are wasteful in every sense of the word. They are inelegant and without being designed specifically to look good (fireworks) they are aesthetically displeasing. They achieve very little that can't be achieved better through some other means if you're willing to invest the time.
    isn't that like... Elvish?....
    I mean, elegance and aesthetics.... sound a bit like elven traits, don't they?

Somehow that made me think of how I compare ponies and humans like elves and dwarves

Oh lawdy there's only one explanation
    Luka is Awakened >_<
    Um.....what?

Oh, an Luka! Afore you get too upset, consider that if I didn't consider us a least amiable acquaintances, I wouldn't bother getting my knickers in a twist. If I didn't like you, I'd just ignore you. Friendship means not having to pull your punches after all
    not upset, you're obviously in a bad mood , I kinda think you forgot that I'm aware of the stuff in the rant and have reasons from differ to think that way.... I think I mentioned them, didn't I?....
    Not putting them here now to prevent any more anger though.....
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-07 at 05:41 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post

.....And thus comes another time without knowing what to do or posting anything.
    Listen to crappy audio John de Lancie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBfz2-CKYTI

Fighting is Magic is being streamed http://da.twitch.tv/fightinggamebronies
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-07-07 at 06:09 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I wanted to respond to stuff that was said since my last post... and I might get back to that... eventually....

Fighting is Magic is being streamed http://da.twitch.tv/fightinggamebronies
    This, however, provides a massive block to my former intentions by being an incredibly distracting deterent, and a complete black-hole to my thoughts and emotions.I demand to know what this madness is. I see that it is a Street Fighter Archetype Game, but I want to know more. MORE, DAMN IT! MOAR! RITE NAO!
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

This, however, provides a massive block to my former intentions by being an incredibly distracting deterent, and a complete black-hole to my thoughts and emotions.I demand to know what this madness is. I see that it is a Street Fighter Archetype Game, but I want to know more. MORE, DAMN IT! MOAR! RITE NAO!
    The voicing is impressive. I mean, the whole thing is, but it was nice to see really devoted voice actors.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-07-07 at 06:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

The voicing is impressive. I mean, most of it is, but it was nice to see really devoted voice actors.
    THAT DOES NOT SATISFY MY CURIOSITY!

EDIT: I DEMAND MY CURIOSITY BE SATISFIED!
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-07 at 06:25 PM.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

9. - Top - End - #489

I wanted to respond to stuff that was said since my last post... and I might get back to that... eventually....

This is the development site, http://www.mane6.com/. I think it is still miles away from release though.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    This is the development site, http://www.mane6.com/. I think it is still miles away from release though.
    Thank you. Depressing to here... this is the kind of thing I'd totally brony for.

I saw at least 3 Level 3 Hyper Combos, and someone did the -SEXIEST- Air Combo I would have never considered coming from a Pony of all things...

This sits right with me. I want this. I want this oh so much.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you. Depressing to here... this is the kind of thing I'd totally brony for.

I saw at least 3 Level 3 Hyper Combos, and someone did the -SEXIEST- Air Combo I would have never considered coming from a Pony of all things...

This sits right with me. I want this. I want this oh so much.
    I'm more waiting for Pony Chronicles (formerly Pony RPG)

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Rpgs aren't bad... but there is nothing like getting the blood flowing and breaking out a 20+ hit combo into a hyper combo... Fighting is Magic.... fighting is -VERY- Magical...

EDIT: OH MY GOD FREE ONLINE VERSUS MATCHES! SOMEONE WILL PLAY WITH ME PLEASE? YES?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-07 at 06:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

Rpgs aren't bad... but there is nothing like getting the blood flowing and breaking out a 20+ hit combo into a hyper combo... Fighting is Magic.... fighting is -VERY- Magical...

EDIT: OH MY GOD FREE ONLINE VERSUS MATCHES! SOMEONE WILL PLAY WITH ME PLEASE? YES?
    Too busy with diablo 3.

EDIT: Also I was never able to use special maneuvers on any fighting game I played.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2012-07-07 at 06:36 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

I refuse to play a fighting (or FPS for that matter) game on the PC unless I can use a controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Too busy with diablo 3.
    Too rage-inducing. I've given up on farming Inferno.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-07-07 at 06:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I refuse to play a fighting (or FPS for that matter) game on the PC unless I can use a controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane6, MLP:Fighting is Magic FAQ Control Section
    Q: Are fightsticks/joysticks/controllers (PS2/3, Xbox 360, etc) supported?

A: Most windows-compatible controller devices should work with the game. However, since this is on a case-by-case basis, we can’t offer official support.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Can someone else be the one to tell her it's only 1d4+1 per missile capping at 5d4+5?
    This was both hillarious and awesome ... I dub it hillariawesome.

I think we have a standing commitment that ponythread will have a tournament once it's released.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Cool. NASCAR time, assuming this freaking stream works.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I think we have a standing commitment that ponythread will have a tournament once it's released.

CANIBEINITCANIBEINITCANIBEINITPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!?!

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

CANIBEINITCANIBEINITCANIBEINITPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPL EASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!?!
    I'm calling Rarity though, so you have to pick someone else. Swaggest character the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I'm calling Rarity though, so you have to pick someone else. Swaggest character the game.
    From what I've seen so far, everyone but Apple Jack looks pretty tough....

21. - Top - End - #501
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wait is Pinkie's super-move an ultra-hug?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Wait is Pinkie's super-move an ultra-hug?
    Yeah. Her level 3 hyper combo involved her going Emo for a moment, and from there, you seem to have to perform another hit to actually do the damage.

... kinda seemed .... creepy ..... like, as hell...

Twilight Sparkle's combo into Beam Super is, on the other hand, Sexy as ****.

Edit: Is it me, or are they being -JERKS- for having one of the Apple Jacks be ready to use her level 3, and instead just using her dash super?

I WANT TO SEE HER LEVEL 3! Or does she not have a level 3?
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-07 at 07:15 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503

Yeah. Her level 3 hyper combo involved her going Emo for a moment, and from there, you seem to have to perform another hit to actually do the damage.

... kinda seemed .... creepy ..... like, as hell...

Twilight Sparkle's combo into Beam Super is, on the other hand, Sexy as ****.
    Don't worry, Pinkie was just testing
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

Fighting is Magic looks fantastic.

Shame I'm terribad at fighting games and 2D fighters in that style in paticular.
    Truth resists simplicity.

25. - Top - End - #505

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Darn you, I was gonna pick her!

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Don't worry, Pinkie was just testing
    .... why does that movie fill me with dread?

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Well, only 17 characters at first, so there might be some overlap, depending on who likes what.

I want to take this moment to reserve Twilight Sparkle. That combo is -oh- so sexy.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Bwhahahahahahaha! Rarity is mine!

Spoiler
    Show

Also.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-07 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn streams. Hate having to watch sports online.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-07-07 at 07:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #509

.... why does that movie fill me with dread?

Well, only 17 characters at first, so there might be some overlap, depending on who likes what.

I want to take this moment to reserve Twilight Sparkle. That combo is -oh- so sexy.
    You must have a repressed desire to go to space
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

You must have a repressed desire to go to space
    I'm still a bit warry of the "Emo Pie" thing...

But I'd be lying if that one didn't generate a good laugh.

In other news, I must retract my previous thoughts over Apple Jack. She seems to be focused on controlling the placement of herself and her opponents, what with that nifty wall bounce and the anti-air and anti-ground rope-trick command-grabs. She seems vicious when given room to beat someone against the wall, but a bit more sedate when her back is to it... I think she comboed her dash super into an additional kick super, and she could have a 3rd move to add at the end of that, which would be neat if so...

EDIT: Oh my god that almost Full Screen Air Combo Loop that was just -WAITING- for a Dash Super to be added to it... that was just awesome.

And Pinkie Pie just seems... weird. Shrodinger Fu, Aerial Focused, and Rush Focused, apparently. I wonder what the flying ponies are going to be like... I think I saw her heal herself mid fight... which is cool.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-07 at 07:47 PM.