New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    ...Don undead have special thrones, or are they like living thrones?

Well, there usualy normal. I mean, I dislike spiky ones (tears up the skin like nothing else,), but otherwise its normal....

*looks at thubby defiantly*
    Chair race?
    unless something like this happen, then I would like to alert you that mine is made mostly of a dead dragon. That still has wings.

"Starts hovering off the ground, throne begins to fly"

Muahahahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well if you are willing to put up with a complete beginner I would be willing to play.
    Noted

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    on it now. What number of players? I'd prefer WoD core, or maybe another changeling. Beginner friendly. I think I can drag Braz along.
    I think 2-3. 4 max. Beginner friendly is fine. I'd probably prefer changeling because I have more ideas for that. WoD core feels relatively unguided to me, though as I said if you have a really particular setting you want to run (i.e. you have an idea I can steal whole hog) I can make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Still waiting for a pony RPG ... wonder if we can adapt WoD to it since I kind of like its mechanics so far in terms of focus on the storytelling.
    I don't know that I'd want to use the WoD rules for pony, at least not out of the box. The general concept of Pool A+Pool B+bonuses/penalties could handle anything in any setting, but the WoD skillset is heavily biased towards an early 21st century real world setting. I'd have to completely substitute out the skills and revamp the system to do an equestria setting.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #753

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    I don't know that I'd want to use the WoD rules for pony, at least not out of the box. The general concept of Pool A+Pool B+bonuses/penalties could handle anything in any setting, but the WoD skillset is heavily biased towards an early 21st century real world setting. I'd have to completely substitute out the skills and revamp the system to do an equestria setting.
    There's also the question of how to handle races. I mean, I would play the heck out of Buffalo: The Stampeding, but otherwise how to mechanicly handle a unicorn horn or a pegusi's fligh is in question.....

.....unless you make a pony races charecteristic something you must put at least a dot into in charecter creation. Same thing for zebras and griffons. Presumably, if you choose not to put a dot into a special catagory, you play a donkey.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-09 at 08:16 PM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #754
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    *is suddenly wearing old-timey racing goggles*
    are you're mark...
    get set...

*turns zigg's chair into pudding*
    GO!
    *starts eating pudding*
    I still think my chair is better... and tastier.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    unless something like this happen, then I would like to alert you that mine is made mostly of a dead dragon. That still has wings.

Muahahahahahaha!

Mine is still more superior

6. - Top - End - #756
    Barbarian in the Playground

d'awww, found Ace combat: war on equestria..... seems it's more like the ones before Assault Horizon.....
    And Assault Horizon's the one I like (and fans have already seem me with weird eyes when I said that )
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #757
    Banned

Still waiting for a pony RPG ... wonder if we can adapt WoD to it since I kind of like its mechanics so far in terms of focus on the storytelling.
    Here's the deal with that.

I can run a pony game, except... It won't feel like pony. My ideas are too adventurey or too dark for proper pony. And a normal RP game that just happens to have four legged colorful PCs isn't really a pony game.

If you can think of a way to play a pony PbP that isn't exactly the same as the IRC RP channel, I'll do it. But right now I'm at a complete and total loss.

Noted
    I think 2-3. 4 max. Beginner friendly is fine. I'd probably prefer changeling because I have more ideas for that. WoD core feels relatively unguided to me, though as I said if you have a really particular setting you want to run (i.e. you have an idea I can steal whole hog) I can make that work.
    Noted.

So right now we have Forum Explorer
    SiuiS
    Brazen Shield Contingent on SiuiS
    And maybe one or two more slots - I Will bak out if some pony else reeeaaalllly wants in.

My ideas extend fully across 'slowly reveal elements of our current town to be corrupt, work in local gimmicks'. There is a stretch of railroad tracks with a beautiful zen field on one side, and a trash strewn hobo lair on the other. What's that all about? Is the field special? Is he a Mage? A changeling? Insane from dealing with some beastie? Just a hobo? Etc. conspiracy nut told me that all the good ol boys were going house to house, making the houses and cities seem full while priming their militia against all the nonwhite gangs moving up from SoCal. What if there is some truth in that?

Take our own little city, and slowly twist every detail until one day we all wake up in the world of darkness.

Yeah.

There's also the question of how to handle races. I mean, I would play the heck out of Buffalo: The Stampeding, but otherwise how to mechanicly handle a unicorn horn or a pegusi's fligh is in question.....

.....unless you make a pony races charecteristic something you must put at least a dot into in charecter creation. Same thing for zebras and griffons. Presumably, if you choose not to put a dot into a special catagory, you play a donkey.
    making other races in such a system is exceptionally easy.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's the deal with that.

I can run a pony game, except... It won't feel like pony. My ideas are too adventurey or too dark for proper pony. And a normal RP game that just happens to have four legged colorful PCs isn't really a pony game.

If you can think of a way to play a pony PbP that isn't exactly the same as the IRC RP channel, I'll do it. But right now I'm at a complete and total loss.
    I'm going to read up on the RIM season two mechanics. Might be able to get something going together. But I don't have much GM experience, so my stories aren't likely to be that interesting unless I get artistic help from you guys :P

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, there usualy normal. I mean, I dislike spiky ones (tears up the skin like nothing else,), but otherwise its normal....

Muahahahahahaha!
    There is only one proper response to this. *flips switch on chair, causing it to sprout jet engines*
    FOR SCIENCE!
    *rockets off after Silent Night
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #760

I'm going to read up on the RIM season two mechanics. Might be able to get something going together. But I don't have much GM experience, so my stories aren't likely to be that interesting unless I get artistic help from you guys :P
    I'll help, if you wish. Would not be the first time I advised someone on a WoD game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    There is only one proper response to this. *flips switch on chair, causing it to sprout jet engines*
    FOR SCIENCE!
    *rockets off after Silent Night

Fool! You are in my domain now!

"Jumps off throne, sends it straight into Boffensparks, distroying both.)

Hah! It's a pity you cannot fly, but at the very least, if it makes you feel better, this was not my first choice in how you would die. Shame about that wedding.
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-09 at 09:00 PM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

So nothing's happening but

Reinforcements!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,

It seems everytime I make up my mind about these Humans they do something to cast me into doubt once again. Without telling us they summon more ponies. I guess that's reasonable but some of those ponies are foals! They summoned the Cutie Mark Crusaders! Are they honestly expecting them to fight?! When I confronted the Humans about it they said they didn't have complete control over who came through the portal and that the Cutie Mark Crusaders must have slipped through. I'm not sure I believe them though.

Regardless I did find it amusing to now outrank my brother. And I am glad to see Spike again. In the meantime I will do my best to make sure that the youngesters are kept as far away from the fighting as possible. In other good news the reinfocements mean that Fluttershy has been taken off active missions. She's much happier now hanging around the base taking care of the children.

In a special fit of insanity High Command ordered us a tank. It's an impressive vehicle which could make all the difference in missions....had they remembered to order ammo for it. Apparently there isn't any room for the ammo now and no place to send our extra stuff. I think we're going to sell some of the surplus weaponry to make room but I can't belive that happened in the first place! Who's running this show?

Here's a complete list of are current forces

On Call for Missions:
    Captain Celestia
    Sergeant Twilight Sparkle
    Sergeant Pinkie Pie
    Sergeant Rainbow Dash
    Sergeant Applejack
    Squaddie Luna (Aside: what kind of rank is Squaddie?)
    Rookie Rarity (Aside: Same goes for Rookie)
    Rookie Big Mac
    Rookie Vinyl Scratch (Aside: Who insists that we call her DJ PON3 when on missions)
    Rookie Octavia
    Rookie Trixie (Aside: Luckily The Great and Powerful had to be dropped to fit on the nametag)
    Rookie () Shining Armor
    Rookie Cadance
    Rookie Rose

Our Base's Garrison
    Rookie Fluttershy
    Rookie Spike
    Rookie Scootaloo
    Rookie Applebloom
    Rookie Sweetie Belle
    Rookie Daisy

Oh also a bunch of Human 'Scientists' showed up. They apparently don't have names as far as I can tell. Not that we've been allowed to talk to them. Though I think one of them was a fan of Rainbow Dash considering how it was pointing and jumping excitedly when it got off the plane.

Your Faithful Student,
    Twilight Sparkle
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    You know I've been trying to follow this line of discussion and concluded ponythread should totally get a WoD RP going at some point... though I'd prefer oWoD pretty generally I've seen little things I wouldn't mind trying out in new. Just can't remember them at the moment though...
    You mean this isn't a WoD RP?

Man, now I feel awkward.

I find it interesting that we by and large rate ourselves at above-average morality. Is ponythread just that holy, or are we all suffering from self-image bias?
    We are all self-proclaimed members of an order that defines itself by the catchphrase "Love And Tolerance". Of course we're above average in morality.

Quote Originally Posted by domin8r View Post
    Ok, That's a good point, I really don't knw what Rule 34 is, nor do I really want to beings I heard it makes Fluttershy cry when it's mentioned.
    Whatever makes Fluttershy cry, I do NOT want to be a part of.
    I don't think she's crying, Stan.

Considering the pacing of Gathering of Mists, I'm probably good for another game. I'd rather play, but I could be convinced to run a game. If you did all the work gathering up people and told me what kind of setting you want.
    Shotgun. Mage. My addiction to Mage knoweth no bounds.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

on it now. What number of players? I'd prefer WoD core, or maybe another changeling. Beginner friendly. I think I can drag Braz along.
    I'd consider being in either one of these, but seeing how the first is already looking full, I think it would be safe for me to just wait for the pony version. Also counting on it being a mite slow-paced, that would help too.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Fool! You are in my domain now!

"Jumps off throne, sends it straight into Boffensparks, distroying both.)

Hah! It's a shame you cannot fly, but at the very least, if it makes you feel better, this was not my first choice in how you would die. Shame about that wedding.
    Oh no, if only I had invented a collapsible jetpack that could be deployed in situations like this.
    Wait, I did do that!
    *wings and jet engines deploy from underneath Boffinspark's labcoat*
    AHAHAHAHAHA! By the way, Silent Night, allow me to unveil my latest invention; the friendship grenade! *lobs a dozen rainbow-colored grenades at Silent Night as he rushes by*

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Squaddie Luna (Aside: what kind of rank is Squaddie?)
    Apparently, it's slang for members of the British Army. In-game, it is above Rookie but below Sergeant.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-07-09 at 09:09 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

My ideas extend fully across 'slowly reveal elements of our current town to be corrupt, work in local gimmicks'. There is a stretch of railroad tracks with a beautiful zen field on one side, and a trash strewn hobo lair on the other. What's that all about? Is the field special? Is he a Mage? A changeling? Insane from dealing with some beastie? Just a hobo? Etc. conspiracy nut told me that all the good ol boys were going house to house, making the houses and cities seem full while priming their militia against all the nonwhite gangs moving up from SoCal. What if there is some truth in that?
    The hobo is a mage. He lives as a hobo to avoid the sin of pride.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #767

I always prefered Vampire myself. Players always found it easier to get in the "zone" in it compared to,say, Geist.

Oh no, if only I had invented a collapsible jetpack that could be deployed in situations like this.
    Wait, I did do that!
    *wings and jet engines deploy from underneath Boffinspark's labcoat*
    AHAHAHAHAHA! By the way, Silent Night, allow me to unveil my latest invention; the friendship grenade! *lobs a dozen rainbow-colored grenades at Silent Night as he rushes by*
    .....Gah, you need another hobby.I myself took up underwater fleshcrafting a few months ago. Actualy, I wish for you to look up. Yes, that large shadow is being casted from a very, very large rock.

I wonder if you can regenerate while under pressure?

"drops the magical grip on the massive rock"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The hobo is a mage. He lives as a hobo to avoid the sin of pride.
    Avoid the sin of pride? This is Mage we're talking about. It's a game of hubris. If he was really worried about his pride, he'd use magic to rip it out of his own brain, shape it into a Goetic Demon, and order it to destroy his enemies.

No, he lives as a hobo because temporal wealth is meaningless compared to the enlightenment he gains by freeing himself from the shackles of wealth and society.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Avoid the sin of pride? This is Mage we're talking about. It's a game of hubris. If he was really worried about his pride, he'd use magic to rip it out of his own brain, shape it into a Goetic Demon, and order it to destroy his enemies.
    I... whut xD
    Hokay then. I presume this paragraph will make sense when my reading is done. And I'm awake.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

.....Gah, you need another hobby.I myself took up underwater fleshcrafting a few months ago. Actualy, I wish for you to look up. Yes, that large shadow is being casted from a very, very large rock.

I wonder if you can regenerate while under pressure?

"drops the magical grip on the massive rock"
    That...is certainly is a very large rock. I don't even think my flagship's primary cannon could destroy it.
    BOOOOOM
    Nope, all it could do was shove the darn thing over your head. Ah well, back to the drawing board.

My Homebrew

Show

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I... whut xD
    Hokay then. I presume this paragraph will make sense when my reading is done. And I'm awake.
    One of the tricks Mages have is to take their vices, rip them out of their heads in the form of demons, and then order them to do their bidding. While the demon is out and about the Mage doesn't suffer from that vice.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

One of the tricks Mages have is to take their vices, rip them out of their heads in the form of demons, and then order them to do their bidding. While the demon is out and about the Mage doesn't suffer from that vice.
    ....And this has no side effects?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

So, remember when I said I didn't like Horrifying grimdark.......

WELL, I came across another one (beside cupcakes) on Youtube, which I am not posting here btw, it paints Rainbow Dash in a horrible light doofus curiosity kicked in &, well, I watched it.

Never watching it again
    If it makes you feel better? The real Rainbow Dash would be just as horrified.

Also, go watch Rainbow Dash Presents: Captain Hook the Biker Gorilla. The only thing I think I should warn you going in, so you aren't hopelessly confused, is that Sweetie Belle is actually the demon Thrackerzod AN ORDINARY PONY WHO DOES ORDINARY THINGS, in the Mentally Advanced canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I don't get it.... why is cupcakes so infamous?
    ....well, besides the song, that I disliked a lot cuz it was..... A song
    It was the fandom's first real, everyone-heard-about-it grimfic. That's all, really. Luck of the draw in a newly-blooming fandom.

Rainbow dash presents single hoofedly redeemed cupcakes for me. I should go check that one out.
    Captain Hook the Biker Gorilla is, hands-down, my favorite RDP. Go watch it NOW.

We are all self-proclaimed members of an order that defines itself by the catchphrase "Love And Tolerance". Of course we're above average in morality.
    Somewhat agreed. Also, I like to think I'm an 8 and really lucky on the degeneration rolls. Stopped myself from walking any further down a low-Morality road.

You terrify me sometimes.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

24. - Top - End - #774

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    ....And this has no side effects?
    NONE WHATSOEVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    You terrify me sometimes.
    Only sometimes? Gotta step up my game!

25. - Top - End - #775

That...is certainly is a very large rock. I don't even think my flagship's primary cannon could destroy it.
    BOOOOOM
    Nope, all it could do was shove the darn thing over your head. Ah well, back to the drawing board.
    Now thats just not even-

WOUMP

-glllarrreee! Gugle sharge dabph bolffonspiff tahp tahptaphus! Bulgh yuah anf yough figha wifie! Gugle gugle gugle! Pfffiittttggghhhhaaaaaa!

Yeash, that rock had to hurt. Honestly, I am suprised more that he can still talk with only half his muzzle then how he can still fly with those tattered rags of his. You would think that....oh, wait, I think that did break every bone in his body, but he's just using magic now to keep himself from falling apart.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Aw man, everyone proposing all these world of darkness campaigns. Changlings and Mages and gah.
    Spoiler
    Show

So conflicted.

Also, I now feel compelled to rewatch Captain hook the Biker Gorilla again.
    I'm so easily influenced sometimes.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, I need help getting out of the creepy department of MLP My doofus curiosity keeps running me back into it

another thing, Nopony look up Creepy luna.....
    on second thought.... nopony look up MLP with the word creepy in it period. _

28. - Top - End - #778

Don't go to bed!
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-07-09 at 10:28 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #779

Okay, I need help getting out of the creepy department of MLP My doofus curiosity keeps running me back into it

What, this? Warning, big.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-09 at 10:37 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Don't go to bed!

Don't worry, I won't

What, this?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: that one isn't that bad, actually

I was thinking more in the lines of this
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by domin8r; 2012-07-09 at 10:34 PM.