New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Looking at the quiz the source code, the question for which the mystery new character is a potential answer is "Who should be the MC [for your wedding]?", and the quiz aims to determine your dream wedding location.

Answers:
    Spoiler
    Show

That's Celestia, Zecora, mystery-character, Chief Thunderhooves. Unfortunately, the files are called things like 'q2q7c3.png' so we can't find out this character's name. Judging by the different species of the characters here, he's probably not a pony though.

The source code for the quizzes is here.

Here are all the questions for quiz 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) Which of these rings would you like to be used for wedding?
    2) Which of these bouquets would you like to be used for the wedding?
    3) Which of these cakes would you like to be used for the wedding?
    4) What should be the music for the wedding?
    5) Where should the wedding take place?
    6) What kind of punch should we serve?
    7) Who should be the MC?

To get answer number Y to question X, go to the URL http://wedding.mylittlepony.com/images/quiz/q2qXcY.png - the new character is X=7, Y=3.
    Last edited by Bryn; 2012-07-15 at 08:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Really in all of New England (and NY because that erroneously gets lumped in too) people don't have accents. Well beyond "American" of course.
    Perhaps not a heavy one, but my (Californian) ears at least can tell a lick of difference between the east coast and the general newscastery "General American accent" based off the mid-west.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    It does look cool indeed. I'm still trying to decide on a good mechanic for a PbP.

It's basically a toss up between this and Roleplaying Is Magic at the moment. The other PonyTales seems more suited for DnD style gaming. Am still reading more.
    D&D seems an odd base for ponies, honestly. The differences between the three sub-species of ponies are gigantic, and would involve having to adopt something like the bloodline system to make work.

One thing I think would work really well with it would be a system like Thunderstone or Munchkin, but it wouldn't really be roleplaying.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

What's this, nopony has linked to the crazy awesome animation that Phoe was involved in?!

This must be remedied at once.

Also, this new rhythm is magic looks awesome, and it would be really cool if AJ and Rainbow Dash actually did a routine like this at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I don't know whether to be impressed or depressed that ponythread's shenanigans have been almost completely halted in their entirity by what amounts to a random character selector for a good two or three solid days...
    Shipping has always been our fall back. I just hope it eventually dies down and this doesn't become the crack pairings thread, ponyville edition.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    good stuff. Still. A hundred is a relative lot...
    Depends what you compare it to. It's 0.0001 percent of the budgets of many medium to large cities.

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Perhaps not a heavy one, but my (Californian) ears at least can tell a lick of difference between the east coast and the general newscastery "General American accent" based off the mid-west.
    Boston and Jersey are really obvious. Other East Coast less so, though I would say it's more melodic than a regular "American" accept, which comes across as very flat and even to me. Also, I have said "hella" for the better part of my life. Welcome to California.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-15 at 08:21 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Bugbear in the Playground

MAXTRONAUT, your avatar is broken. Go to the avatar is magic thread, it was reported in the last two pages.
    Umm... I'll need a link.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Firbolg in the Playground

Honestly, I want

My Little Pony Whatever: We Have a Tumbler

For the next title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm from Oregon. The only accent difference I can tell from news people is that some of the older residents put an 'r' in front of s. So Washington is often pronounced "Warshington." This is disappearing due to the massive influx of Californians though, especially my hometown (its an Intel town).

My Little Pony #: Productivity Ensues. (because we seem to be adding more and more projects)
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-15 at 08:31 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1328

Okay, a question: I am working on a story about a little pony from Stalliongrad (guess who?) and I was working out the name of the main foes. It's either Bessacks/Ursassacks (Bear/Cossack) or Dossack/Donssacks. (Donkey/Cossacks) Anyone find either one better?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Well, let's see what the shipyard has to offer for you...

Let's start easy

Celestia and Gustave Le Grand
    Alright

Spoiler
    Show
    Gustave lit the last of the candles and smiled diabolically. He had tasted the competition and he knew his Tornado Tarts were the best. Still he needed an edge. One that didn't depend on the total tastiness of his tantalizing tarts. He had decided to seduce Princess Celestia! To that end he had invited her to a romantic dinner, brought out his homeland's best and oldest wine, and shined his mustache. Seducing beautiful mares was in his blood, this would be as easy as pie.

Celestia grinned as she flew over to the chef's tower. So a griffon thought he could seduce her, huh? She was far to old to not see through such a transparent ruse. To that end she had already arranged things with Philomena to make this night a little more fun. Who knew? If the little griffon survived she might just give him a chance after all.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Okay, a question: I am working on a story about a little pony from Stalliongrad (guess who?) and I was working out the name of the main foes. It's either Bessacks/Ursassacks (Bear/Cossack) or Dossack/Donssacks. (Donkey/Cossacks) Anyone find either one better?
    I think Dossack flows better, but it might be too close to the original. Urssack?
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ogre in the Playground

I say, gentleponies, how about those miniature equines? There's far too much ponythread to quote, and no time to make quotewall, so have a quick summary of random thoughts.

- The Pony Shipyard generator. First one I got was Fleur de Lis X Rarity's Dad. I could see this happening, though I'm not sure if she's a home-wrecking hussy, he's a scuzzy cheating louse, or both.
    I'm just wondering does the Shipping Generator have the historical characters? Starswirl the Bearded, Princess Platinum, Commander Hurricane, Chancellor Puddinghead, Clover the Clever, Smart Cookie, Private Pansy.

- Season Three teaser songs. Anypony else get chills (in a good way) watching these? SO EXCITED! I love the songs, and the little improvements to animation here and there (Twilight's hair in the breeze, the teleport dance)... Season three I want it nooooow!

- Ponytime theiving reality Real life events, for those who care: wife and kid are mostly over their colds and doing better. Yay sleep!
    It was the birthday of a friend of mine on the weekend, and his fiancee threw a surprise party, Pinkie Pie-style. He was certainly surprised when he walked in the door and was assaulted with silly string and party poppers. Also, they have decided that I'm to be one of the groomsmen at their Steampunk themed wedding next year! Awesome!
    We went to visit my sister and brand new baby niece in hospital - child number 3 for them. Babies! Babies everywhere!
    We've had a reshuffle of seating arrangements at work, and by pure good fortune I've scored one of the best desk locations on the floor! Bonus!
    In honour of this, I propose that the next thread be titled My Little Pony #: I Have Done Nothing Productive All Day!

Finally, wet mane Rarity is best Rarity:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Has "My Little Pony XLIX: Shipping is Magic" already been used as thread title, given the generator... right? right?
    My time is coming.
    In but ten threads, my domain shall come.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Finally, wet mane Rarity is best Rarity:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dem
    Hips.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Titan in the Playground

Relevant explanation is relevant:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despite ostensibly bringing it up I feel that no "genetic" explanation is really meaningful. Obviously there's a hereditary influence, but I doubt and do not care for magical traits obeying hard fast rules.

2 things.
    Has "My Little Pony XLIX: Shipping is Magic" already been used as thread title, given the generator... right? right?
    *rolling weed passes by*
    I can dig this but think there's something better out there along this theme.

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I can't, at least when I lived in San Diego for a year. Then again I probably have higher standards for having an actual accent. I suppose liguistists need something to amuse themselves with though. I think I read something once that whether you say soda or pop is considered important for accents, which I find ridiculous. (Yes I find people saying pop bizzare but that's not an accent)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Boston and Jersey are really obvious. Other East Coast less so, though I would say it's more melodic than a regular "American" accept, which comes across as very flat and even to me. Also, I have said "hella" for the better part of my life. Welcome to California.
    They are also pretty rare, or at least only apply to much smaller parts of then media would have you believe.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, first alpha beta something version of the Great and Powerful Ship Generator is online and ready to dazzle you with its underwhelming selection of characters and overabundance of bugs and other issues no doubt:

Ponyville Shipyard
    Queen ChrysalisxPrincess Luna

I want to see this.

I didn't get any others that sounded good.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

puts something down and backs away
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    puts something down and backs away
    Picks up and takes with him.

17. - Top - End - #1337

Well, I just discovered that there are other things besides ponies that are adorable.

Oh god, just look at it! Stupid zebrican commercials....
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-07-16 at 12:07 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, I just discovered that there are other things besides ponies that are adorable.

I vote for its immediate adoption into the MLP canon, possibly as ship people. Someone has to carry out long distance trade!

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Troll in the Playground

I support this ^^
    Excellent. Ship me up!

If I'm allowed requests though: no questionables, no pets, genderbending on, self ships on.

Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, no kidding. He does actually look like a half-demon pony. Probably an alicorn too.

Still, must give benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they'll use him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So I'm poking around Hasbro's new wedding game site and taking the quiz they have availible... and question 6 is seriously a killer

Question: Who would you look forward to seeing?

Options: DJ Pon-3 / Derpy / Luna / Doctor Whooves

CURSE YOU HASBRO!!!!!
    Luna. the rest live in Ponyville, so you're likely to see them often anyway.

Not that I wouldn't look forward to meeting the others. But it's Luna.

<ejem>
    Ok the other thing is, we are having planning a cool meetup on July 29th in Argentina and now that my fiancee is firmly a level 6 brony she started producing these plushes to give away:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Picture is ours:

She also started making some plushie blobs and these:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Picture taken from original artist:
    Heh, those are cute.

What's this, nopony has linked to the crazy awesome animation that Phoe was involved in?!

This must be remedied at once.

Also, this new rhythm is magic looks awesome, and it would be really cool if AJ and Rainbow Dash actually did a routine like this at some point.
    Saved for future viewing. (Work computers! Y U NO HAVE SOUND!?)

- Season Three teaser songs. Anypony else get chills (in a good way) watching these? SO EXCITED! I love the songs, and the little improvements to animation here and there -snip- ... Season three I want it nooooow!
    Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Absolutely. I loved the little dances in Twilight's song, particularily the teleport dance, and Spike's ballet

- Ponytime theiving reality Real life events, for those who care: wife and kid are mostly over their colds and doing better. Yay sleep!
    It was the birthday of a friend of mine on the weekend, and his fiancee threw a surprise party, Pinkie Pie-style. He was certainly surprised when he walked in the door and was assaulted with silly string and party poppers. Also, they have decided that I'm to be one of the groomsmen at their Steampunk themed wedding next year! Awesome!
    Glad to hear that family Dexam is doing well. And a Steampunk wedding? That sounds awesome! Take pictures! (make sure at least one picture has a pony in so that you can post them in the thread )

In honour of this, I propose that the next thread be titled My Little Pony #: I Have Done Nothing Productive All Day!
    I approve of this.

-snip-

It's so kyoooooooooot! :D
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Excellent. Ship me up!

If I'm allowed requests though: no questionables, no pets, genderbending on, self ships on.
    Sure. I always leave out questionables, unless people specifically ask for them.

Lotus [bent] x Mr Green Hooves (the gardener who over-waters Fluttershy's petunias, and her friend from the royal gala ... wait, he's seen often with Fluttershy, why are they not fanon like Lyra and Bon Bon?)

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, no kidding. He does actually look like a half-demon pony. Probably an alicorn too.

Still, must give benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they'll use him well.
    Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    He really does remind me of Aku, which would be totally cool with me. I also like his sideburns or whatever that is, I think he looks like a sort of noble, probably military rank. Also possibly vampire or similar?

Although the black and red color scheme does make him look like an OC. Also his horn looks a little wrong somehow to me, it's too ... neat, too smooth and that red-black gradient doesn't help. I think without the horn he would look pretty cool.

I'm just wondering does the Shipping Generator have the historical characters? Starswirl the Bearded, Princess Platinum, Commander Hurricane, Chancellor Puddinghead, Clover the Clever, Smart Cookie, Private Pansy.
    Not yet. Thanks for reminding me, I'll no doubt add them soon
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-07-16 at 05:25 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    That one, mostly, though of course there's the blindbag ones too. Don't you remember?
    Dang, it must have completely slipped my mind. Okay, its comnig back to me now. Thank you. Still curious on when i'll see the white Celestia. I saw an ad for the Crystal Kingdom Celestia/Luna/Cadence pack and 'tia was still pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Isn't Season Three airing in October?
    I thought it was mid/late August?

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    This doesn't really help the hiatus hurt, it just makes me want season 3 a thousand times more.
    And thus the network execs at Hasbro are all whispering "Ka-Ching!"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

22. - Top - End - #1342

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Hoooo boy, S3 spoilers already?
    Ayeup. (/Big Macintosh)
    Spoilers like a fridge full of open containers.

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    **Guitar riffs**
    **Drum beats**
    **Siosilvar & Pinkie Pie on a speeding airboat in Neighami harbor**

We won't get hoof'd again... no no no...

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkai View Post
    what would be some good advantages/disadvantages for The GaPT?
    Seeing as I'm involved in a GURPS (4e) campaign and I'm playing the G&PT as well, I'll share how I designed mine-- I bought a decent IQ and Magery level, then added some illusion spells for flashy effects. For Ponykinesis, I took Telekinesis with the limitations that it's considered magic and that it's a visible effect. Added the enhancement to double the range.

now, sincemy Trixie is stuck in a human world, I gave her the Ham Fisted disadvantage to simulate Pony hooves. Able to manipulate objects, but at a penalty for lack of fingers.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

I thought it was mid/late August?
    According to a guy who had contact with Hasbro, it is supposed to air in October. However, this statement throws that into question. It could just be an error on the host of the panel's part though, since Meghan did say in an interview during the SDCC that the new season starts in Fall.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Colossus in the Playground

Been on a downward arc.

Finished a lot of sad stories. Some real life. Some written down.

Nothing been working out the way I intended it.

At the end of my shift tonight, I found a note in my dropbox. Said, "Call me sugar :)" and had a phone number.

Called the number. Got some random guy who didn't know anything about any note. So I got cranked.

And I'm smiling anyway because today I learned that I still believe in love.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

Sure. I always leave out questionables, unless people specifically ask for them.

Lotus [bent] x Mr Green Hooves (the gardener who over-waters Fluttershy's petunias, and her friend from the royal gala ... wait, he's seen often with Fluttershy, why are they not fanon like Lyra and Bon Bon?)
    Oof. Tricky.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The old pony grimmaced as he looked at the building he now stood in front of. The Ponyville Spa. Truth be told, he didn't want to be here but his niece had insisted that it would be good for his aging muscles.

Stepping inside he was greeted by a pair of attractive stallions, twins if he wasn't mistaken. One blue with pink mane and tail, and his counterpart was pink with blue mane and tail. It was a little odd to see male ponies here; the old man had been certain this place was for girls only. He found himself briefly admiring their handsome faces, their strong, buff chests and well manicured hooves. Stop it Green Hooves! he said to himself. You're much too old for that.

"Mr. Green Hooves?" said the blue stallion. His accent was strange and exotic.

"Uh, yes. I have an appointment?"

"Of course! Please come with me, my name is Lotus and I will look after you for this session. We'll start with a massage. It will be good for your muscles." Lotus moved alongside Green Hooves and gently guided him to the massage parlour by laying a hoof over his shoulder. Green Hooves felt his body tingle slightly at the touch, and at the warm feeling of the stallion's body next to his own.

Perhaps this spa stuff isn't so bad after all he thought.

I could go further, but I won't

Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    He really does remind me of Aku, which would be totally cool with me. I also like his sideburns or whatever that is, I think he looks like a sort of noble, probably military rank. Also possibly vampire or similar?

Although the black and red color scheme does make him look like an OC. Also his horn looks a little wrong somehow to me, it's too ... neat, too smooth and that red-black gradient doesn't help. I think without the horn he would look pretty cool.
    Season 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, that stood out to me as well. I can't remember seeing gradients on any other pony. I always felt it looked rather gaudy on most OCs that I had seen with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol
    That's a wonderful way to think. Glad you're not letting that kinda stuff get you down.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

26. - Top - End - #1346

Spoiler
    Show

At first glance, that brown thing in the background made me think Celestia was wearing a bowler hat. and I had just watched a clip of "Meet the Robinsons" so...

1-3 paragraghs, winner gets...something? (Choice of next trollfic topic, ect?)
    Maybe winner chooses one of the next thread titles?

I'm game for the contest even without a prize.
    Hit me. :3 ...uh, but not in the face please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    since Meghan did say in an interview during the SDCC that the new season starts in Fall.
    I'm used to August being the usual month the "Fall Season" of new TV programming starts, but I guess we'll see an actual date when we get closer to the... uh, fall season.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Been on a downward arc.

Finished a lot of sad stories. Some real life. Some written down.

Nothing been working out the way I intended it.

At the end of my shift tonight, I found a note in my dropbox. Said, "Call me sugar :)" and had a phone number.

Called the number. Got some random guy who didn't know anything about any note. So I got cranked.

Always important to stay positive.

Have a few ponies, just because one can never get enough ponies

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Shipping has always been our fall back. I just hope it eventually dies down and this doesn't become the crack pairings thread, ponyville edition.
    As much as I love horsing around with the shipping, that particular alleyway of board history does very much need to not be repeated.
    Truth resists simplicity.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    **Guitar riffs**
    **Drum beats**
    **Siosilvar & Pinkie Pie on a speeding airboat in Neighami harbor**

We won't get hoof'd again... no no no...
    I'm having trouble abbreviating Princess to fit the next line of that song. "'Cess" has... unfortunate implications.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

Not yet. Thanks for reminding me, I'll no doubt add them soon
    Might I request this interpretation of Starswirl the most Beared since we don't have a canonical appearance for him