New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    The gulf from inanimate to nonsentient is fundamentally larger than the gap from nonsentient to sentient.
    And I'm saying plants aren't inanimate.

Bacteria and viruses can move and they are less complex entities than plants...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol
    Why on earth should stories be fair?
    A STORY can be unfair. Stories, plural, across the breadth of themselves, should not be.

Because encouraging bias is a bad thing. Because bias eventually breeds bigotry.

And yes, I DO see it that way.

Equalist in all things.

Some might even say sufficiently equal, that I treat plants, animals and sentients with exactly the same level of concern for the sanctity of their lives (i.e. none.)

But even more importantly than that, the one thing, the most important thing that stories should absolutely NOT be is the SAME.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-05 at 06:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Awww man, not you too. Dam you, slowly recovering economy.
    Heh. I can assure you it's not related to the economy and more to do with my training.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Welp, I'm only into chapter two, and without planning for it, I'm shipping Trixie and Applejack.

I'm not even trying, it's like it's writing itself. It's kind of adorable though...

Help, I'm starting to accept Trixie X Applejack!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    . What does Simba eat, one has to ask, Disney? 'Cos cats are carnivores, and unlike dogs, they aren't designed to eat anything they find lying around...)
    You know he eats bugs, right? In fact bugs so nutritous that he grows to be a strong adult that is capable of defeating several hienas and Scar. He probably instituted a new diet for all carnivores to only eat bugs. Destroying the dreams, families and civilizations that we can see in movies like AntZ and Bugs...

Disney Y U NO MAKE ANY SENSE!!
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trixie and AJ eh. You got me interested. Very interested. I am loving this forum more and more lately.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah. It makes sense in context of the story, I just hope it doesn't spark a bunch of fan fics with this ship.

Feels weird, in like 7 hours I've gone from less than half a page of writing to 2 chapters. It's crazy, and I like it.

Alright, chapter 2 is 'done' and awaiting pre readers if no one minds. Show and Spell

And here's the fimfiction link to the whole story.
    Last edited by maximus25; 2012-07-05 at 10:16 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    You know he eats bugs, right? In fact bugs so nutritous that he grows to be a strong adult that is capable of defeating several hienas and Scar. He probably instituted a new diet for all carnivores to only eat bugs. Destroying the dreams, families and civilizations that we can see in movies like AntZ and Bugs...

Disney Y U NO MAKE ANY SENSE!!
    And people wonder why in my game world, I make invertebrates soul-crushingly deadly poisonous and with an axe to grind on vertebrates.

(Note, if you even find yourself on Dreemaenhyll, and find a giant (i.e. 1-2m) Brontoscorpio coming at you - run.)

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

And animals aren't sentient.
    The gulf from inanimate to nonsentient is fundamentally larger than the gap from nonsentient to sentient. The game from nonsentient to sentient is a human construction that nice people like Jane Goodall would be happy to tell you all about.
    I am very disappointed in you both. Sentience and sapience are different things, and you should feel ashamed of yourselves. Especially you, Commander. Of all people to not use the distinction, you?

Tut-tut.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Guys?
    *shivers, alone*
    2 hours and 30 minutes with no posts to quote and you're reduced to a gibbering pile of mush

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Welp, I'm only into chapter two, and without planning for it, I'm shipping Trixie and Applejack.
    My curiosity is piqued.

Edit: Almost forgot this:

Consider it to be, in the words of one commentator, "Ah, here it is! This is Variation 37, where everypony has an IQ over 200. Unfortunately, it also happens to be the starting point for extinction realities; every Variation beyond this is either in crisis or post-extinction."
    Yes, I get the idea. I just can't enter the headspace where that trick actually works. The ramble was more directed at myself than you, I guess. I've been struggling to articulate what it is about fanfics that turns me off them for a good while now and while reading your fic, it finally clicked.
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-07-05 at 11:00 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

So I decided to join the FiMFiction crowd, in case anyone cares. I've just finished submitting most of my stories from deviantArt (except Fillystata and Mare in the Mirror, those will have to wait) though I'm not sure how long they'll take to get approved. Hopefully I tagged them all properly.

I'll still be posting all my stories on dA too, I just figured FiMFiction was where most of the action is these days.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

While the thread itself creates the necessary context for a post to be considered 'in-character' which is one of the few contexts in which full color is allowed. My specific geas prohibits posts in all green. I'm kinda walking a line here, but I believe the spirit of the rule informs where a grey area in the letter arises.

That is to say, give the Mayans a bit of leeway, I'm not fully back in the swing yet.
    Oh I do but this is six months out. Ponythread is doomed, doomed I say!

And animals aren't sentient.

What's your point? Doesn't make plants any less alive, does it?

Plants to animals is EXACTLY like animals to sentients. It's exactly the same boundary condition step-up.
    Hardly exactly, the level of degree cannot be blithely ignore Lich.

While no one disputes plants are alive but their "processing capability" is rather like a mechanical computer versus modern electronics. Maybe vacuum tubes instead, but certainly not anything with a microprocessor. Animals all possess much more robust systems mentally and are capable of worlds more.

Is this a fundamental philosophical difference, perhaps not but that hardly makes a difference of degrees compared to a difference of order of magnitude irrelevant here as far as depiction goes.

You can anthropomorphize anything at all, but this does not change that one needs to do less to say a pony then a petunia to make this plausible. Don't you claim to be an engineer? All mammals share the same basic blueprint philosophy (actually all chordates) and its a far less radical redesign to put a sentient intelligence in a creature who's base model is the same as a known example.

So the sorting algorithm applied to when and what things are anthropomorphized has a basis in the underlying design. It should come as no surprise and certainly is nothing approaching a flaw what is statistically most common.

Watch enough time-lapse photography of plants in action, and then tell me they don't suddenly seem much more than the static scenery they are always shown as.
    Nope because I never forget that hitting the fast foward button is not the same thing. Its an illusion nothing more.
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-07-05 at 10:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Colossus in the Playground

*Runs in*

Woo! Aced all my courses! Only one semester of university left and it's basically impossible for me to mess it up now!

Woop woop woop!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

@Maximus25

Finished part 1 and reading part 2 right now. I totally see the ship and it works. Somehow they fit. Now I am contimplating looking up more Trixie fics as she is a unique character. Neesh how many ponies will I fall in love with. First Pinkie, a crush on AJ, totally in love with RD and now Trixie. *le sigh* I am getting more attached to this show then any before and I was very deep into Sailor Moon when it was around.

Edit:

@Thanqol

Grats! Hope you keep rocking it!
    Last edited by SynissterSyster; 2012-07-05 at 11:12 AM.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

lucky mask wearing son-of-a-changeling.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

*Runs in*

Woo! Aced all my courses! Only one semester of university left and it's basically impossible for me to mess it up now!

Woop woop woop!
    Party Time!

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Friendship is dragons updated!

Spoiler
    Show
    I rather like this concept of the DM giving a party a fairly meh map, and having them grumble about it.

Friendship if Betrayal updated!

Spoiler
    Show
    So we have Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy with Rainbow Dash obsessions huh? This whole fandom is obsessed with her...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    You can anthropomorphize anything at all, but this does not change that one needs to do less to say a pony then a petunia to make this plausible. Don't you claim to be an engineer? All mammals share the same basic blueprint philosophy (actually all chordates) and its a far less radical redesign to put a sentient intelligence in a creature who's base model is the same as a known example.
    When talking about the sort of Disney-fied anthropamorphism in question "plausible" is irrelevant.

But I think we're really reached the end of the point of useful discussion on this issue, at least from my end, since we're veering well away from pony into a side-topic of a side-topic...

I've said my piece, so I'll be quiet now.

For a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    I am very disappointed in you both. Sentience and sapience are different things, and you should feel ashamed of yourselves. Especially you, Commander. Of all people to not use the distinction, you?

Tut-tut.
    Well, excuuuuse me, Princess (metaphorically), for not typing out sapient/sentient every single time like I normally do (go on, you can go and check) because I just couldn't be bothered. Well aware there's a difference, but sometimes even I can't be summon the energy to care.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Runs in*

Woop woop woop!
    You sure you want to tempt fate like that?

And hooray more people to watch on FiMfiction! It's so much easier to keep track of everything there than through Deviant Art
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

*Runs in*

Woop woop woop!
    Congratulations. Have you looked into what to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    You sure you want to tempt fate like that?
    One or more of his personas are literally capable of grabbing fate by its ear and dragging it kicking and screaming where they want it. He should be good.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Bugbear in the Playground

It may be slightly premature, but this is for Thanqol:

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Geez, Guys. I know the thread kinda dies after a good quote post, but this... Well, it is a holiday...

But maybe...

guys? am I the only one here? Am I really just a crazy changeling? Will the camera pan out to see me surrounded by a variety of mirrors at different distances and angles, a twisted funhouse of my own deranged psyche? I remember Celestia putting me in the dungeon all those years ago... Am I perhaps just keeping mysel going working towards some unseeable goal, surviving off the vestiges of love from my sliver personalities? Do I see Thanqol in the mirror and just not notice?

Guys?
    *shivers, alone*
    (deep kiss)
    Mirrors can't use tongues.
    I'm sorry braz you can have one too
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

I'm surprised no-one brought up the Jalyrkieon APC - did no-one think it vaguely familiar...?
    I have the power of super obliviousness.
    I will look again, and think.

You don't ever see depicitions of trees of shrubs, cowering, unable to flee of defend themselves as evil deer tear off their bark skin and eat their extremities, do you? Of the horror of watching a wicked elephant shatter a grove of a nice acacia family, solely to scratch an itch?

Totally not what you asked for, but yeah.

Do I get the impression that, arguably, you might secretly have become an Undead because hardcore Veganism was still just too unethical for you and Fruitarians just weren't going far enough?
    Down with Plant Slavery!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Firbolg in the Playground

Geez, Guys. I know the thread kinda dies after a good quote post, but this... Well, it is a holiday...

But maybe...

guys? am I the only one here? Am I really just a crazy changeling? Will the camera pan out to see me surrounded by a variety of mirrors at different distances and angles, a twisted funhouse of my own deranged psyche? I remember Celestia putting me in the dungeon all those years ago... Am I perhaps just keeping mysel going working towards some unseeable goal, surviving off the vestiges of love from my sliver personalities? Do I see Thanqol in the mirror and just not notice?

Guys?
    *shivers, alone*
    You know, that means part of your psyche wants to bring forth an endless party that should cover the world.

So you should just do that from now on.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Totally not what you asked for, but yeah.
    Sorta, yeah!

Do I get the impression that, arguably, you might secretly have become an Undead because hardcore Veganism was still just too unethical for you and Fruitarians just weren't going far enough?
    Down with Plant Slavery!
    Not really, I am dietarily primarily carnivore, after all. Okay maybe chocolativore. I AM Evil, after all...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-05 at 12:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

And so then, a Jalyrkieon Power Trooper, trotting next to the squad APC. (One presumes that currently, the other three squad members are still inside.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

That looks suspiciously like a slightly chubby Mako

Not really, I am dietarily primarily carnivore, after all. Okay maybe chocolativore. I AM Evil, after all...!
    So if you ever reformed from your Evil Ways you'd have to give up all Food that wasn't entirey synthetic or exclusively designed by the plant to be eaten (say, as a seed-propagation technique)?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That looks suspiciously like a slightly chubby Mako
    How completely intentional...

It was a by eyeglow approximation, rather than exact (I could have, armed with teh internets, been more exact if I wanted... 'course the Jalyrkieon vehicle is significantly bigger, as it has to carry ponies.)
    One of the AFVs down the line will not at all be a knock-off of Generator Rex's Providence APCs, either!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes
    So if you ever reformed from your Evil Ways you'd have to give up all Food that wasn't entirey synthetic or exclusively designed by the plant to be eaten (say, as a seed-propagation technique)?
    Ahahahahahahahaha!

Reform?!

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-05 at 01:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Well actually you need kinda the dirty mind. Cadence is the element of Love. And Shining Armor has Love as a Pet... /wink /wink...

I know I know
    Oh, wow, that I did not see. Pet love? I wonder how that got through.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *flails everywhere*
    Do try and pay attention won't you? There's a good chap.

See, I feel really bad, because I was on the other side of the room from Nicole Oliver, at an angle such that I really couldn't see her, so I have no idea whether all the people saying that she was distinctly uncomfortable are right or not.

Personal rambling spinning off that below.
    Spoiler
    Show
    See, that's one of my flaws born from a strength. I try to not blindly follow things, but that means I'm rather susceptible to mental/social attacks that imply that I'm wrong or that I missed something. Someone says that Bronycon guests were actually uncomfortable/tired/acting-for-the-Bronies? Part of me instinctively believes it and says that I'm horrible for not noticing and/or doing something about it, even though realistically there's little I could do about it.

That also kind of extends towards accusations towards the fandom, as long-time threadponies might have noticed. I still freak whenever someone implies that this fandom is worse than other fandoms. Like the hoax "Bronycon Orgy" thing that briefly circulated. Or the fact that there might be little girls trying to look up "Cupcakes" on YouTube because they liked the song. I am very easily convinced that I am a member of the worst fandom ever, even though the other one I was this deep in had incestuous underage R34 all over the place if you knew where to look.

I'm rambling. Um. The Gentleman understands that a fandom is made up of people, and that there are very fantastic people and pretty awful people in any group you care to name, but he's still afraid that he's put in his lot with a bunch of bad eggs and is frightfully insecure about his position as the 'good fox'. And he thinks that he's much worse than other people say he is, so he's very easily fooled into thinking that he's part of a bad group, or that he deserves blame for being part of something that caused other people grief, or that he's naive, even though realistically he shouldn't have to worry at all.
    There's good and bad in every fandom. MLP has much more good than bad. Sadly, a few bad eggs will ultimately make the rest look bad, whether they intend to or not. Hold on to that goodness. You've seen it. You know it's there. It isn't overwritten when someone does something unsavory.

Doubt Raz? Why would you ever doubt Raz? Raz never lies or tricks or implies falsehood or anything like that. Raz is Pure and Honest.

And there are more of those videos. Go watch theeeeem.
    Will do!

Geese are the ones who hold you up with brass knuckles.
    ?
    Spoiler
    Show

He? Crackle is totes a girl dragon. Dem eyelashes!
    And what a girl she is! GRAAAWRP!

This reminds me! We had lunch with Foozogz! Met a bloke, name a metacritter, an his mate Stormy Skies. Good bronies. Also, strangely well connected. We had lunch, and one of his other guests none other.

Quite the proliferation of celebrities.
    Were those the guys from Chillis? I'm afraid I don't know who they were.

Yeah, sorry ^.^
    S'okay. It's just like old times!

I wish I could have slept for 48 hours. Or skived out of work today. Or both! But no. Kitten snuggles have suffice though.

Glad to see you're rested though. Any jetlag? Or shall I dub you the Iron Pony?
    I didn't sleep until 3am last night, got up at 10.45am. Felt kinda rough, but then I had a cup of tea. A proper cup of british tea with soya milk (I like the taste better, okay?) and sugar. Heavenly. Gods I missed tea. Now I'm feelin' fine.

Those elevators were like, mass effect all over again. They. Took. FOORRREEEVEEERRRRRR.

But nopony cared because they were tickets to awesomeville. I still remember DD jumpin to the side and peeking out the closing elevator doors. "guys, was that de Lancie?". Or ms. Faust rushing by with her five-pony security contingent. Or descending on an unsuspecting con, hands raised dramatically an getting applause.

Murder when you needed the wee fillie's room though >.<
    I met Tara Strong in an elevator. She was gone before my flabbergasted brain could send a message to my hands saying "You have a camera! Ask her for a picture!". If anything those things went too fast!

Aww, you should have invited them to dinner! We love meeting new ponies.
    Yes. Yes I probably should have. Unfortunately I only stayed with most of them for an hour or so. After that everyone kinda went their own way and I didn't see them again.

And that drinking game. @.@

Guys? Make sure your trivia cards (MLP trading cards in this case) are factually correct about 50+% of the time before using them. Okay? Ouch. XD
    I'm still impressed that they even got the names of the episodes on the wrong cards.

Right! I'll post mine when I can, y'know, reliably upload them! so, like, within a month >_<
    I don't even have a card reader on my PC, so I think I need some kind of cable or adaptor. Where that is, I won't know 'til I see my Dad on Friday.

I do have some pictures on my phone though. I'll upload them in a bit.

So what if the convention wasn't roses and cupcakes while angels massaged the tension from your soul. It was fun! It was a group outing, where you could let your guard down. Who at the pony convention would mock you for liking ponies? Who at the pony convention would respond to something they don't like with "I'm not going to tolerate that."?
    Oh yes this. So much this. I didn't have to pretend. Round here claiming to like ponies openly would likely mean spending my days getting things thrown at me. Things like food, or mud, or... rocks.

Still, I think I can get away with wearing that t-shirt with the faces on it. I doubt anyone would question it. Might even find a few hidden bronies around here.

Hmm... Now I wonder...
    Ah well. It would be hard to tell unicorn from earth pony in such resplendent armor in any case. I presume the one Celestia knighted and bequeathed the enchanted ceremonial armor to was you? For bravery in the face of astounding amounts of griffon-propelled rocks while saving school fillies?

Why there were school fillies at the con ill never know...
    Why yes, it was quite an honour. The Princess told me she saw the whole thing. The armour was a wonderful gift, though a little too warm for the weather we were having.

I do hope the Princess wasn't too uncomfortable when I kissed her hoof.... thirty times. I figured if Rarity could get away with it...

That. Would be. Fan. Tastic!
    I know, right? The kicker would be when Trixie screws up her entrance, simply because nopony can hear her when she's standing on the Ursa's head.

"Behold, citizens of Ponyville! For I, The Grrrrreat and Powerful Trixie, have tamed the Ursa Major, just as I said I would!"

"Did you hear something?"

"Who cares!? It's an Ursa Major! Run!"

(spoilered for length)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The meet-and-greet! When not talking to any one pony I audibly searches the room for interesting tidbits. Delancie was making a bland joke, one of the groups over was debating telling Tara that Twilight was only second-best pony for lulz, and ms. Faust was answering a question.

I initially continued eaves dropping because I thought it was a good tangential discussion; she was talking about mediaeval art structure And the patterns and such of the time. In the same way that we look at an anime picture, and we understand it is a specific abstraction of a person, the artists who painted Celestia in these medieval pony times were using the style of their day. And so when she was designed, it was not intended that Celestia had pink hair, it was an abstraction by the artists.

The anime reference is mine, but the rest is pretty word for word (as close as can be coming in to the middle, and having trouble telling that the convention happened over a weekend instead of a day...) what she said. It sounded like she was surprised at the connection fans made, and while didn't want to refute it, considered it wrong in her headcanon.

Which is interesting. Ms. Faust, the creator an progenitor of our show, has headcanon. She has notions that she will readily admit may be the formula behind the visual and thematic results, but are not official or even correct in any capacity. I believe this is also where I first heard about Rarity's parents. The ponies "have parents" in the sense that they are not established as not having parents. Sweetie Belle was dropped off to establish the already-decided idea that she does not live with Rarity. During this brainstorm they thought it would be funny to have Rarity's parents be tacky. So they did it.

Applejack is also specifically called out as having parents too. They aren't dead, the narrative has just thus far had no need of them.

Also, Rarity was supposed to have a fake English accent.
    Fascinating stuff! I'll admit that it's a shame about Celestia's mane. I kinda like all the fanart of her with pink hair. So I guess my head canon is that the pink mane is her when she's at low power, kinda like how Luna's mane was blue after being defeated.

The idea of Lauren having her own head canon that technically isn't show canon actually makes me happy. It makes me remember that she started off as an MLP fan too. The show was based on the stories she made up while playing with her pony toys.

And that's how Equestria was made.

Also, AJ has parents. They will show up at some point. I personally want to believe that they're not around because they're running a huge company called Apple Corp in Manehatten.

I'm glad they didn't go through with the English accent for Rarity. It would have been so hard to get it just right, I think.

Both days she wore why I know as sun dresses3. The first one was a bland-ish floral print, the kind of subtle red-green-white-beige you see on couches from about fifteen years ago. It set off perfectly with her hair and jacket, the hair bein a bob and the jacket a light brown woolen demicoat, coming down to mid-back, mostly providing sleeves. Her nails were a delightful shade which danced between light mocha brown, and dark dusky lavender without ever settling on either. They were more rounded than square (which is good; I hate square nails ) and obviously used nail gel instead of the usual paint, polish or lacquer.

The second day saw her in a more snug, flowing velvety orange and strappy sandals. I saw her on stage and marveled. Woman has taste.
    Stylish! And I agree about the square nails. That just ain't right.

Please! Though I don't understand how that can be. Do your friends even know you?
    Sadly, I feel they do not. This is because most of my IRL friends are not what I would call "internet people". They don't really get memes, I don't think any of them know about "the rules of the internet", and they certainly wouldn't know what a brony is. One of my friends is an avid gamer, and yet every year I have to explain what E3 is to him. It also doesn't help that I don't really see them that often. We all kind of drifted apart due to work and family issues.

Still, I think at least one of them would be receptive to ponies. He has stated before that he loves the Mario series because it's happy and colourful compared to most. Perhaps I can get him to watch it with his niece.

Do so. It wasn't too bad. The sudden genre shift to "you're old and can't handle our newfound world with your fogey ways" is a ruse designed to ... Well, I don't know it was stupid. But it does pick up.

And yes. She offends me. She Had no redeeming traits except the main character immediately fell in love? How transparent. She develops a bit of character, but mostly it's enough to make you think "I suppose I don't want you to die in a fire after all..." about three episodes before she dies in a fire.
    Heh.
    Well alrighty then. I'll put it on my list immediately after Squid Girl, Korra, and Spectacular Spider Man. Considering how slow I am at watching things when I have the time to do so (as opposed to watching them on TV when they air) I will get around to TTGL about next year x_x

Nice! Braz had a run-in with him actually. She said AJ was her favorite and he showed her the picture. They had an awkward love/tolerate moment where she had to explain she wasn't that into ponies, while still trying not to hurt his feelings or come off as judge-y.

It is really cool how well folks just mosey up and talk. I am pretty sure that is what made the convention so awesome. It had appeal outside of buying mercy and sitting in panels.
    Ahehehe... yeah I can understand that being awkward. I will admit, I'm surprised they let him sell the stuff at the con. Sure, you might find worse stuff on TV, but aparantly there were some awkward moments between parents and their children near his stand.

But Andrea Libman got a Fluttershy style ovation! That's all
    Well that's just fine then. Yay.

To be fair, I'm pretty close to just emailing everyone and asking. There was a sign saying "do not enter if you aren't okay being on film of some kind", but it never says I could caption those pictures... Such a weird morality I have.
    It's a weird thought, isn't it? We're perfectly fine with complete strangers seeing us every day when we leave our homes, but the idea of people we know seeing our faces on the internet makes us hesitate.

Okay, so I'm going to google this. But I want to know; how bad is it gonna be?
    Don't Google! At least, not with images. I'd recommend Urban Dictionary. As for how bad... well you will probably walk away thinking "Why the hell would anyone do that?". And you might get kinda queasy too.

I have a selection of those cards. All the art is taken from the show or vectors, but there are some hidden gems there. I am looking forward to how the fandom will take the line about Lyra and Harvest sharing Bon Bons.
    what
    Well, it says "bonbons", but I can't help but feel that's a reference:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I- Uh-

What? XD

Hats are awesome and make it harder for people to flick*You Incessantly in the gorram horn Droplet, Vorpal I will NOT forget this!!!!

*ahem*
    *snerk*

They were weary towards the end. Four thousand people all clamping for attention, even nicely, can get old. I still feel bad for Mr. And Mrs. Cake's photo op getting between Lauren and hanging out with Delancie.
    Yeah, if I'd have realised she was in a hurry I proably would have just gone for a handshake or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    New Dash Academy! Yay!

Spoiler
    Show
    Tiny pic is tiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol
    *Runs in*

Congratulations!

Wow, I'm getting into this quote post thing aren't I? I've clearly learned a thing or two from Starry this weekend. XD
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Tiny pic is tiny!
    Everyone's a critic. Last thread someone complained that my pics were too big, now they are too small
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

How completely intentional...
    I thought it looked like the GDI APCs from Tiberian Sun...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Amy Keating Rogers posted on EQD.

Aside from the whole the actual FiM crew are posting on EQD now thing, she posted the initial prototype pre-Ingram Smile Smile Smile lyrics.

Of particular note:
    Quote Originally Posted by prototype lyrics
    PINKIE
    Did you finally get that nasty
    cough cleared up there, Derpy Doo?

DERPY DOO
    Yes! I followed your advice and
    drank Zecora’s no-cough brew!
    Because of this, after the Last Round Up:

After some thought, I have decided, since I like the alliteration of Ditzy Doo, I'll go ahead a split the difference, and call her Derpy Doo (with "Ditzy" perhaps being a nickname?), until proven otherwise by canon.
    I just want to say, I called it.

(Of couse AKR said that, at the time, she didn't know Derpy had a semi-official last name and if she had, she'd have written that line differently, which just goes to show.)

Also, just in case you missed it the first time:

MLP:FiM crew are posting on EQD!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I thought it looked like the GDI APCs from Tiberian Sun...
    Huh.

Well, it does have six wheels, in the same formation, at that.

Body shape's different though.

(And the Mako is it itself vaguely reminscent of the US AAV amphibious transport...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-05 at 02:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Everyone's a critic. Last thread someone complained that my pics were too big, now they are too small
    I'm sorry, but the text was impossible to read. A link to the original would have helped.

I kinda wish we'd seen the extended talky bit, though I can see why it was cut.

I approve of Derpy Doo as a pony name. It fits perfectly.

Well done calling it.

Pictures! Just the ones from my phone for now. I'm not sure how to get them from my Dad's camera yet.

Me and Lauren Faust!
    Spoiler
    Show

Little bit blurry, but oh well. What can you do?

A few of the Bronycon staff hold up the banner that was outside the venue. Spot the Jade.
    Spoiler
    Show

Suddenly! VorpalBob!

Derpy is actually a really good dancer! Who knew?
    (Warning: Dark and blurry)
    Spoiler
    Show

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.