New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread 5

First of all, if Elden remembered your knife, he'd of taken it as well. Secondly, it's ok Moonie, this is roleplaying. It's ok

Anyway, Bast swings at Elden with a strong hook, but she misses!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll note Elden is marked, so any attack he does is at a -2 penalty.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Juniper sighs. Guys, please stop this. We're in this together.

Words of Friendship.

Diplomacy check: (d20+19)[27]

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalhard pulls Almacia from his sheath and watches.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

5. - Top - End - #305

bufferbufferbuffer

Elden, Adalhard, Bast, Teodor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Juniper's words, I don't know how they effect you personaly since it's all a, well, personal thing. However, he does sound like he's speaking quite sensibly, and his words do seem to soothe any anger you may currently have (that mostly relates to Bast, really).

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Elden dodges Bast's punches, but makes no attempt to strike back (Total Defense).

Bast, I'm serious about this! If you can't even control yourself, you'll be no match for Zenith and his mind-draining abilities, and I can promise you that his intentions are manyfold worse than Leyden's, irregardless of your moral standpoint.

So, please, just show me that you have will enough to resist your own emotions, and I'll hand you your swords back. Right now, I'm not even convinced that you won't stab me as soon as you get them, mind controlled or not.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307

My own emotions are not involved here! My swords are mine, and you have no right to try and put yourself in charge of me.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

"There, she is making more sense than you have since she woke up, give her her swords already. You'd probably try raining sun shards at me if I so much as touched your magic tree branch."
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-07-25 at 05:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

If we're talking about rights, you have no right to shout obscenities in my face just because I'm trying to be civil, and you have no rights to attack me just because I'm asking you to behave the same. Listen to yourself, you scream at everyone just for adressing you, and I can tell you that this was not the case two days ago. Is this who you want to be, the Bast whose only defining characteristics is that she screams at people and carry swords?

Elden makes an expression of mixed frustration and resignation, and throws all the swords on the ground at his feet, whereafter he turns around and walks to the other end of the room.

...Then fine, be it so.

And you, Adalhard, are very presumptuous.

Show

10. - Top - End - #310

You are not being civil, you are gloating. You have no right to claim mental superiority which allows you to take control of my stuff.

Bast grabs her swords, putting them carefully into her sheathes. Not looking at Elden:

And why should I care what scum like you think my defining characteristics are? The only person here who matters is Teo.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+2)[21]
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311

Bufferbufferbuffer

Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Due to your passive insight, you can tell Bast is lying. You also recall that she's acting like this due to the Shadowfell's influence on her.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Elden studies Bast for a second.

Hmm... That's...
    In Elven:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something struck me. Adalhard, I don't think your cure is working as intended. Do you think a new dose will help if the one she took this morning has lost its efficiency?

Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Annoyed in Elven:

Spoiler
    Show
    "You've been pushing her buttons as much as you can while withholding the only possession she prices and treating her like a little child. My cure works as it should, getting her enraged like you just did is most likely to make her vulnerable however, like how running through a flower field while having a strike of allergies is probably not the best idea ever even with a cleric at hand."

He takes in a deep breath

Calmly in Elven:

Spoiler
    Show
    "She however isn't having an episode of the Shadowfell. And as such more dosage won't correct her mood. I agree with you, Miss Halfcrescent is not perfectly ok and back to normal, but this isn't the time and we aren't the ones meant to deal with that, at least not the first stages. She gets release by viciously carving living beings and being next to the Genasi; for the moment we should just move on and wait for her to deal with this episode on HER terms, forcing her now is going to make everything worse, worse than it already is."

"Shall we go now?"
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-07-25 at 08:23 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314

In Elven:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree with Adalhard for once.

Yes, please, can we just go and deal with the drow? The sooner we get out of here, the better.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

15. - Top - End - #315

Stop talking behind my back. I know you're all siding with Elden, there's no need to hide it.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have up until now agreed with you on all points, if I was to secretly side with Elden I'd do it like this."

Adalhard flicks his wrist which glows bluishly:

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In her right eye she sees a runic circle formed around the edge of her vision and in the inner circle:

"Elden I - Secretly Agree - Not Really - Bast's right"

"He's asking in elven for something so wholly unreasonable and so preposterous Mr. Xander is for once agreeing with me in that perhaps some divine light has at the time clouded Elden's judgement.

As much as I do not assume secret plotting to murder me each time thou speak in Primordial with Mr. Teodor, do not assume the worst because we are talking in our native tongue, specially considering common is something I have only exercised for around the one hundredth part of my life and feel much more comfortable talking in elven."

Adalhard flicks his wrist again.

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The circle and the words disappear.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Elden would make a wonderful psychiatrist seeing his approach to the situation though.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Elden gets a sudden fearful look on his face.

In Elven:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I'm serious. She's traumatised and I didn't make it better by assuming that she'd be reasonable, but not even Bast acts this harshly toward everyone. And what she said about Teodor being the only one that matters, that just isn't true, she cares about you others as well, but the Shadowfell is supressing her. She's fighting it underneath, you need to help her now!

Elden clutches his head and his expression turns to anguish

In Elven:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why am I the only one seeing the signs?

Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

"Stop speaking in elven and if you need prove then fine. You want a massive bright spectacle of glyphs I'll make one for you so you can stop acting like the paranoid fool I am and get on with it."

Adalhard places Almacia perpendicular to the floor and strikes it with considerable force. His aegis appears on a radius of 10 feet and Adalhard's right eye glows brightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana Check:
    Bast is Sane - (1d20+16)[6](22)
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-07-26 at 04:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    "Stop speaking in elven and if you need prove than fine. You want a massive bright spectacle of glyphs I'll make one for you so you can stop acting like the paranoid fool I am and get on with it."

Adalhard places Almacia perpendicular to the floor and strikes it with considerable force. His aegis appears on a radius of 10 feet and Adalhard's right eye glows brightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana Check:
    [roll0]
    Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It comes to your attention that, much like I said when you first made the potion and administered it to Bast, the taint of the Shadowfell would not be completely removed, just supressed. She's still being effected by it, though according to your senses she's still being effected by lust. You imagine that is not helping her condition, considering her mind's been somewhat thrown around due to what has happened.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalhard aegis quickly fades from the floor.

"No mater how concentrated or how volumetric the potion; or if we emptied the reservoir at one go, there would be no change because it's not the Shadowfell causing this. The reason you are seeing signs is because, and this may be a very alien feeling to you, you are feeling guilt, at least unconsciously you are taking responsibility.

You have negotiated with a diabolical entity which took away one of your companions free will and got out a nice brooch out of that deal; you decided that she required babysitting and took away her weapons, something I myself would violently stab you for with whatever I had at hand, as much as you'd rain fire from above at me if I took your staff; not content with that you decided to force her to say please and thanks akin to how toddlers are taught etiquette and finally you decided to get her into acute paranoia which is actually partially justified by your continuance of the use of a language she does not understand while looking and addressing her.

Not only this but angering her also lead to a slight leak in the warding, which is perhaps the coup d' grace to any excuse you may have because this is empirical evidence, positivist proof, alchemical method confirmed fact that YOU screwed up, that perhaps your marvellous plan just triggered a massive curse, a curse which wasn't even active at the time.

Your insistence is not going to have any effect but worsen this. You are not a therapist, I'm not a god capable of staggering off the energy that made the world, all the creatures in it and the gods themselves, each time you so wish because the leak you've caused is on top of the original avalanche, if the potion wasn't working you'd probably be dead by now or she would be, and most important at this point, she is not a broken toy you have to tinker and fix. There is no alchemical formula, at least not ones that allow free will, that will get her back into a mood of sunshine and rainbows because she is justifiably mad at you, and that's not this primordial driven carcass of a plane's fault."
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-07-26 at 04:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Elden waits out Adalhards massive rant before speaking up again.

Yes, I do owe Bast an apology.

Now, first of all, you keep ascribing me behaviour that you've never witnessed. Could you please stop doing that?

Secondly, you speak a lot about the evidence of me "causing a leak" and "activating a curse". Please tell me, what does this curse do, what activated it, and more importantly, did you actually check Bast for anything just before I entered the picture?

Arcana check: (1d20+10)[15]
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-07-26 at 06:40 AM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes, how rude of me, the idea of guilt IS too alien to you apparently and assuming that was a mistake. Because that's the only thing... oh yes, I'm not 100% sure you'd rain sun fire on me if I took your staff, but seeing as you have rained sun fire on me before for less I think that's a hypothesis most likely to be validated.

And I'm speaking in a metaphorical sense, think of the mind as a dam holding off a river. The Shadowfell increases water volume and it starts to overfill, soon enough the dam is cracked. The Schnefeldstil Syringa patches that up. You just caused another overflow. Without the patches everything would leak, as of right now, the only leaking is that generated by the overflow you've caused.

So yes, you went to an uncursed ancient temple and at your exit it is now cursed.

As for keeping track of the Shadowfell effect, I do so constantly; or better said I cannot stop it. It's only logical I'd keep track of each one of our statuses in regards to any arcane disturbance seeing as I have to actively suppress it to not do so. So yes, I've been keeping track.

If you want though, I could get a cauldron and make a mix so concentrated her spit would be magic missiles and probably make her able to lobe fireballs at will, and then we could get a funnel and do ye olde dwarven ritual of chugging a mix down a funnel until the recipient passes out. And that would have no effect because. Yet again. This is not the Shadowfell but merely something some like to call emotions, justified rage being one of them.

Can we go now?"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    And the drow won't be alone and much fun will be had.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-07-26 at 01:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Elden waits out Adalhards massive rant before speaking up again.

Yes, I do owe Bast an apology.

Now, first of all, you keep ascribing me behaviour that you've never witnessed. Could you please stop doing that?

Secondly, you speak a lot about the evidence of me "causing a leak" and "activating a curse". Please tell me, what does this curse do, what activated it, and more importantly, did you actually check Bast for anything just before I entered the picture?

Arcana check: [roll0]
    Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your senses tell you that Bast IS still under the effects of the lustfull mind set caused by the Shadowfell's influence on her. Additionaly you realize that though Adalhard's little preventative is helping Bast not be overwhelmed mentally by the Shadowfell, her being in the state she is now is due to a combination of the Shadowfell AND her own mental state essentialy crumbling due to the situation that has happened to her.

Additionaly, your insight tells you that aiming Bast at something and telling her to kill might help cheer her up a little.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

This is one of the times when more facts and less metaphors would have been really helpful. Now, and when you ever uttered the word "cure".

Elden proceeds to jump over the trap and exit the room without any warning.

Mumbling:
    I tried to make it hurt as little as possible.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-07-26 at 05:00 PM.

Show

25. - Top - End - #325

On that note, I think it's safe to say everyone follows him! So we return to the last room, with that last, eastern door! Teodor opens the door, leading to a rather long hallway, that leads to another door, which I shall present to you here~

Map: http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/3431/maaaapl.png

The door in question is another steel door. What shall you do?

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Anything interesting about it? Any sounds from beyond?

Perception check: (1d20+8)[12]

Show

27. - Top - End - #327

Bufferbufferbuffer

Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None that you can hear/see

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Elden tries to open the door. (Which way does it open?)

Show

29. - Top - End - #329

It opens into the room it leads into. You can open it easily enough, though if you want to open it without attracting attention, I'd like to know

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Elden gently opens it up to a small crack to peek through.

Stealth check: (1d20+3)[6]

Perception check: (1d20+8)[14]

Bad mood == bad luck?
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-07-26 at 05:18 PM.

Show