New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Actually, you've already put a prize tag on it:

But I asked if there was any value apart from the monetary, or if it's just better sold. I'm not keen to handing away valuable knowledge before I've accessed it myself.
    Ah, yes, this is what happens when Zodi is required to do brainthink. Sorry about that

Anyway, it's basically a beastiary of monsters, so you imagine it'd come in handy. It gives a +5 to skill checks involving creatures that have the Magical Beast keyword, or creatures that probably should because I don't care WHAT your explanation is, a Hippogriff is a magical beast. It's a horseagle dagnabit.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Well that sounds kinda useful, even though it'd probably be a bit inconvenient to read during battle. Oh well, I'll let Adalhard carry it around until Avgust has returned, and then he can decide what to do with it.

So, bedtime you say?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #513

Well that sounds kinda useful, even though it'd probably be a bit inconvenient to read during battle. Oh well, I'll let Adalhard carry it around until Avgust has returned, and then he can decide what to do with it.

So, bedtime you say?
    Yup!

*final fantasy inn noise music*

Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the first time in a long, long time, although you are simply trancing and not sleeping, you have a dream. In it, your vision is slightly blurred, with ice around the edges as if your eyelashes where frozen up. You find yourself looking at the face of a stern militiristic man with a long moustache and beard, trimmed and well kept. His clothing and stature clearly show he is a noble of the Winter court. He looks at you with his light blue eyes shimmering, though clearly outmatched by a icy blackness of the aegis around his eye, and he starts to talk. His voice is rough and military.

"So...you're a STRONG one are you? An unbreakable wall of both phyiscal and mental ills. I've known men like you. They've broken. They always forgot something. Not enough armor, not enough force of will, not quick enough, or hardy enough. You may seem invincible now, but things will start to chip away. Lets...work on this, shall we?"

What follows that is what seems like hours of hard military training, the likes of which you imagine wouldn't even fly with your own Swordmage training. What's odd is, despite that feeling of it, it happens so quickly you're not even entirely sure it happened.

Regardless, when you wake up, Almacia's aura of icy blue energy has grown (right now it looks like the entire blade has been set ablaze by blue flame) and basically everything around the sword is broken. As you stare at the sword the energy recedes untill it's only flitting across the blade. Taking it in your hand, you feel as though you can now do the following.

1: During a short rest, you can adjust your Swordmage Warding to work for any of your stats.

2: As an immediate interrupt to being attacked, you can use this encounter power to switch your Swordmage Warding to the defense that was targetted.

I imagine the litle shields that accompany your Swordmage Warding will also change apperance based on what defense they are tuned to, though I'll note that, tucked between the lilac and blue that we know is part of them, you'll see that there is a tiny web of black. Non obstrusive, but there.

And no you don't have ANY idea what exactly happened here.

Also, [plot] tag.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kay, Bast wakes up. This should be fun.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-14 at 11:16 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Kay, Bast wakes up. This should be fun.
    Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Today you wake up, and things feel pretty strange. You look at yourself and feel that, damn, you're looking good today. Makes you just want to jump out of bed and sing. And you woke up before Teodor, and that gives you a swell feeling since it means you got a better nights sleep, that you definitly needed. If there was a window, you'd feel like looking out it, opening it, peeking your head out, and shouting about what a happy morning you've had.

As it is, you see that the door is locked and you think that's pretty damn neat that when it's locked it looks like a minus sign. Additionaly, when you do move over to unlock it, you find that you're just so happy that you start to skip to the door instead of walk. It makes you giggle.

6. - Top - End - #516

Spoiler
    Show
    Wonderful. Bast is high. Excellent.

Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-15 at 02:01 AM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Adalhard walks down to the reception and hands the innkeeper a note.

Note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While I'm grateful for the new room you offered me, I must regretfully inform you that I can not leave it in the same comfortable state as you handed it to me in.

Elden wakes up and walks down to the reception.

Good morning.
    Adalhard nods in acknowledgement.

Elden then turns to the innkeeper.

Do you happen to have glühwein*? I could use something hot. And could I have one of those flowers left from yesterday as well?

*Mulled wine. I use the German name, because it sounds better (and more original) than the English name, and it definitely sounds better than the Swedish name "glögg", which sounds silly in all languages that aren't Swedish.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-08-15 at 08:30 AM.

Show

8. - Top - End - #518

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wonderful. Bast is high. Excellent.

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, essentialy. The result rolled is Bliss And Happiness. Also, Teodor wakes up and asks you if you're ok.

Adalhard walks down to the reception and hands the innkeeper a note.

Note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While I'm grateful for the new room you offered me, I must regretfully inform you that I can not leave it in the same comfortable state as you handed it to me in.

Elden wakes up and walks down to the reception.

Good morning.
    Adalhard nods in acknowledgement.

Elden then turns to the innkeeper.

Do you happen to have glühwein*? I could use something hot. And could I have one of those flowers left from yesterday as well?

*Mulled wine. I use the German name, because it sounds better (and more original) than the English name, and it definitely sounds better than the Swedish name "glögg", which sounds silly in all languages that aren't Swedish.
    The innkeeper reads Adalhard's note, and gets a sort of exasperated expression on his face.

To Elden, the innkeeper thinks it over for a moment, before saying "Yes, I believe I do" and pulls out a bottle from beneath the counter. It's not the highest quality, but it's decent. He also takes a flower from his pocket and hands it to you with the wine, asking "So..what are you going to, you know, do with this stuff?"

EDIT: Oh also, Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you woke up today, you felt a warmth from your staff, and you notice that it has become a +2 staff.

EDIT AGAIN: Carric:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel much stronger this morning, and should treat your falchion as a +1 Magic Weapon. It's not magic, but it has all the qualities OF a Magic Weapon, ie +1 to attack and damage, and has magic crit bonus.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-08-15 at 09:40 AM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing fancy.
    Elden holds the flower close to the flame, where it's quickly dried in the heat. He then crumbles it into the hot brewerage.
    I just like the taste of it.

Elden then proceeds to sip the glühwein with mild thoughtfulness.

Show

10. - Top - End - #520

Juniper walks down to the reception as well. Good morning, guys. A pretty nice today, as far as the Shadowfell goes, eh?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

11. - Top - End - #521

Nothing fancy.
    Elden holds the flower close to the flame, where it's quickly dried in the heat. He then crumbles it into the hot brewerage.
    I just like the taste of it.

Elden then proceeds to sip the glühwein with mild thoughtfulness.
    Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice the taste, though not wrong, is a little less strong then Arcturus's tea. This shouldn't really be much of a shocker though.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You notice the taste, though not wrong, is a little less strong then Arcturus's tea. This shouldn't really be much of a shocker though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not the slightest. Also Eldens motivations are true, he simply wanted the gloom daisy's flavour. To him, it tastes like a distant memory of a less gloomy place.

Show

13. - Top - End - #523

Possibly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not the slightest. Also Eldens motivations are true, he simply wanted the gloom daisy's flavour. To him, it tastes like a distant memory of a less gloomy place.
    Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahhh, ok. Makes sense
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-08-15 at 12:32 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalhard sits on a corner of the room after handing the note to the innkeeper, the walls around the corner freeze. As he sits the table and chairs are all covered in a layer of ice and snow.

Adalhard makes one of the chairs form a throne of ice and carefully places Almacia on it. He then places Schadenfreude at the center of the table and freezes it's base so it stands upright.

His face is covered in the same markings, only they are black instead of lilac and white instead of cyan. He is however now dressed on his original garments only now with his blue cape tied by the White Raven Amulet and a white mist circles around him.

He starts writing on a piece of parchment, raises his head and nods at Elden when he enters and looks at Juniper for a while with a cold look before nodding and going back to writing.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-15 at 08:13 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

15. - Top - End - #525

Juniper glances at Adalhard quizzically. What's going on, Adalhard?

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

16. - Top - End - #526

Before Adalhard gets to answer, everyone is interrupted by Bast by Bast waltzing in the room.

Good morning everyone!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #527

Teodor quickly follows behind her, looking at the party with just the tiniest touch of concern. "Adalhard, we need another one"

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalhard raises his head to the sight of Bast waltzing in and nods at her.

He then raises the parchment he is working on at Juniper and the layer of ice and snow recedes from the chair opposite to Adalhard.

As Teodor walks in and asks, he retrieves a vial from his cape and shakes it in the air, he then places it perpendicular to the table at one edge and freezes the base so that it stands on its own.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

19. - Top - End - #529

Teodor is going to take the vial, very confused, and try not to break it while prying it out from the ice you froze it to.

(1d20+4)[14]

Ok, good, Teodor does NOT break the vial. He then hands it to Bast and tells her to take it.

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although you feel happy to take it, you just as well also feel happy NOT to take it, since you're feeling so fine.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-08-16 at 06:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #530

Bast doesn't take it, but pokes it instead.

Hey, cool! What's that?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531

"It's medicene. I guess." Teodor answers, looking back at Adalhard a bit.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalhard's left hand glows slightly blueish as Teodor looks at him.

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On her left eye arcane writings form around, blurring the edge of her vision, On the innermost circle:
    "Take it - Or you'll - Never feel - Joy again"
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-16 at 06:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #533

Bufferbuffer

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are greatly amused by Adalhard putting words on your eyeball, and it likely makes you want to hug him, since he's clearly being such a good friend.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Elden gives Bast a puzzled look, before returning to his glühwein (I've come to love this word for some reason or another).

Insight check: (1d20+14)[28]
    (So. High. Insight. Modifier. Must. Roll. At. Every. Chance.)

Show

25. - Top - End - #535

Elden gives Bast a puzzled look, before returning to his glühwein (I've come to love this word for some reason or another).

Insight check: [roll0]
    (So. High. Insight. Modifier. Must. Roll. At. Every. Chance.)
    Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're confident that you know Bast's current state of minde. That being bliss and happiness. She's basically five seconds from glomping Adalhard because he put words on her eyeball, which is like sharing secrets, so they're totally friends.

26. - Top - End - #536

Bast laughs merrily.

Adalhard! That's so cute! I didn't appreciate that trick you did before!

Bast skips over and glomps Adalhard.

(never thought I'd ever write that sentence.)

Then she pauses when the words catch up to her.

Hey, is something wrong? Guys, I think Adalhard is feeling bad! That's okay! we can help you! Elden, you should come hug Adalhard, he needs a hug from his best friend!
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

As Bast approaches Adalhard's corner she'll feel a sudden and very violent drop in temperature and slipperiness on the floor.

Bast:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see the mist around Adalhard looking at you as you approach. There is also a golden dagger at the centre of the table and the writings seem to be music. Adalhard is also extremely cold, bellow zero cold and as she proceeds to hug she feels a layer of ice forming between them, like if a plate of icy armour was there, there is also an inherent push, like a force pushing you away.

28. - Top - End - #538

That is so cool.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539

Teodor's jaw basically fell through the floor at this point. He's not even sure what to say.

30. - Top - End - #540

Hey, where is absolmorph, by the way?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show