New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand OOC

@Marlowe: You are, it was in the first spoiler in Wordplay's second to last post.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-17 at 05:31 AM.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

2. - Top - End - #722
    Firbolg in the Playground

In that case I feel less silly. I'm not in the dress am I?

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't remember you ever stating that Verossa actually put it on... And I'm not sure if any of the others actually helped you with any sort of disguise .

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

4. - Top - End - #724

And in answer to your old question. I can't remember ever saying I can't cook, but if I did it might have been in the highly idiosyncratic sense of "I can't cook right now, because I don't have the ingrediants I like and I'm not raiding mum's kitchen".

I've been in at least two flats where I was the designated kitchen-b---h, not that I was great at it, but everyone else was significantly worse. And in both cases people started assuming that because I was doing the cooking I should be doing all the cleaning as well.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, must have mis-heard you then.
    Anyway, no worries and glad to hear you have home internet again.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

@Marlowe: I hate it when you do a favour like that for people and then they start taking it for granted. I hate washing up myself - used to sometimes be able to trade extra cooking for washing up, but the people I lived with were good cooks who liked to share their food, so I had to up my game a bit.

By the way, is Verossa mounted, or on foot at the moment? I thought that she would be on Fighter so that we could all cross mounted. Just in case it didn't come out clearly, Raif tied Fighter's reins to Filofax so that he could lead Fighter and Verossa across, because if Verossa held the reins it would be apparent there was an invisible rider. That was the intention anyway, sorry if you'd already got this.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

I was lucky in one of my flats. One of the b$#@hes only ever ate take aways (our rubbish bin was full of KFC boxes, Macca's/BK wrappers, chinese containers or rolled up paper from fish & chips every time I had to take the rubbish down the 67 steps from the house to the road) and the other not so b$#@hy one didn't eat at home all that often, maybe once or twice a week so I was basically washing up after myself... One dinner plate, a knife and fork and one glass could last a whole week if you rinsed them properly .

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
    @Marlowe: I hate it when you do a favour like that for people and then they start taking it for granted. I hate washing up myself - used to sometimes be able to trade extra cooking for washing up, but the people I lived with were good cooks who liked to share their food, so I had to up my game a bit.

By the way, is Verossa mounted, or on foot at the moment? I thought that she would be on Fighter so that we could all cross mounted. Just in case it didn't come out clearly, Raif tied Fighter's reins to Filofax so that he could lead Fighter and Verossa across, because if Verossa held the reins it would be apparent there was an invisible rider. That was the intention anyway, sorry if you'd already got this.
    OK, that's smart. I was planning on doing just that, but I thought you had other plans. Verossa will mount up.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe
    Verossa mounts Fighter. And there has to be a better way of phrasing that.
    Come on... it's JUST A WORD PEOPLE!
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

10. - Top - End - #730
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

"If it's just a word, you're using it wrong." - Wil Wheaton. PAX 2011 Live Dnd game.

11. - Top - End - #731

ElfWarriorGuy

Nice...

12. - Top - End - #732

Wil Wheaton is law.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Machuchang View Post
    Wil Wheaton is law.
    *Obligitory Sheldon Cooper type comment about how Will Wheaton is a hack*
    Never did like ST: Next Generation... Except for Data, he was hillerious (and wow, my spelling is really horrible today).

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

/me is busy waiting :)
    Act well before thinking!

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Oops, sorry Simba. We do get side-tracked sometimes.
    Okay guys, play times over, lets get this show on the road.

16. - Top - End - #736

Yeah, time to begin our brutal and relentless genocide against anything Elven and anything duel-wielding.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Yeah, time to begin our brutal and relentless genocide against anything Elven and anything duel-wielding.
    Ummm... Not unless your alignment changes dramatically and you switch sides to the other team.

18. - Top - End - #738

I haven't really decided which team Verossa plays for...

19. - Top - End - #739

Alrighty! Let's get this party started! Here's hoping Eleanora's doesn't get us all killed right off the bat!

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't really decided which team Verossa plays for...
    Okay... I deserve that... I was meaning it in the clean way, Covenant vs Coalition .

21. - Top - End - #741

ElfWarriorGuy

I assume Raif is in the lead, this wasn't the exact setup I was suspecting... so I'm not sure the best way to go about it...you can't hide with horses, so I just assumed we would be traveling at 40' a second straight through the middle? I might be wrong, if I am please correct me, Raif seemed to be taking the lead on this one organisation-wise, so I assumed he was in front leading the "charge".

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Wordplay did say Raif was angling towards the Orc camp.
    Also as far as I know, Raif only tied Fighters reins to his saddle and started started out from the gates, didn't make any mention of leading the party.
    Frankly, IMO, it'd be better to have someone who speaks Orcish up the front but that's up to you guys.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-18 at 02:45 AM.

23. - Top - End - #743

ElfWarriorGuy

Isnt't the only person who speaks Orcish invisible?
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-10-18 at 02:46 AM.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, last I checked, Verossa only speaks Common.
    Eleanora and Halabur speak Orcish, but as I said, it's up to you guys who you have up front.

25. - Top - End - #745

Given our cover story, we might want to look as though we're more scared of what's behind us than in front. So we need to be sneaky but not look as though we're trying to be sneaky.

I don't know, sneak casual.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Given our cover story, we might want to look as though we're more scared of what's behind us than in front. So we need to be sneaky but not look as though we're trying to be sneaky.

I don't know, sneak casual.
    Either sneaky or in a hurry. If you're all moving as quickly as you can (even with the movement difference between horse and pony) you'll stand out, but you'll stand out in a way that the enemy might confuse with either fear or dire need to report back to someone inparticular.

As the old saying goes; Look and act like you should be somewhere you're not supposed to be and people wont ask questions.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-10-18 at 05:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #747

GreenSorcererElf

Given that both Eleanora and I speak Orc, should I be the face because lying wont go against my scruples?

28. - Top - End - #748

Remember the cover story's includes a lot of Literal truths. We did deliver a Bard to the goblins, we did come here to discover the timing of the dwarven attack (not our primary mission, it is was something we came here to find out), we are spies, and Verossa is a large violent person that wants to not attract attention.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

The only reason I didn't go with Halabur initially is that I figured the Orcs might not view a goblin as equal, or even high status enough to talk with them. I figured it would come better from a fellow Orc, with Halabur filling in once Elenora's established as spokesorc.

I'm wondering if I could use disguise Self to make it look as though Raif has no tongue...to help explain why he's silent.

Raif headed towards the orc camp because it's not really possible to hide, so I was aiming for us to look scared of what's behind us. I'm hoping that we can just ride past with a few shouted explanations. Raif's riding at the watchtower, on the assumption that they're less likely to attack something that looks as though it's trying to gain their attention. (Could be wrong, but I figured if we tried to go straight through the gap they'd almost certainly attack us).

In grid references my plan was to go forward to AG20, then diagonally until Y12/X11, so we can hail the watchtower. Raif's only got the horses moving at a canter, so I guess for convenience we're moving at 40ft per round. Definitely want to be going faster than a trot, but if we're going a long way, (which is our cover story) horses wouldn't be able to keep up a gallop for very long. I'm not sure if Raif is in the lead, I've no problem if anyone else wants to - I was just trying to move things along.

@Simba: Sorry it's taking a while. I've been trying to move us on as quickly as possible.

@Malak'ai: Are we only going to pick up Simba when we get across? I'd been wondering if we were going to pick him up on the front lines, or as a prisoner of the orcs. I wouldn't normally ask, but if we know we can try and hurry to the point where we meet him.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-10-18 at 09:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

@Wordplay: Simba's character is very close to being introduced.