New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand OOC

I'm all for not dying a horrible death juuuuuuuust yet, so the long way around sounds good.

2. - Top - End - #1292

GreenSorcererElf

I have bad news, the remote browser I used to let me on GiantITP has been blocked, so I'm restricted to posting before and after school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Awww . I hate when that happens... Try and find another proxy to go through?

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

4. - Top - End - #1294

GreenSorcererElf

Would you be able to recommend any? I always go from an IPad if it helps.
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

No idea. Ask a network admin?

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Just waiting on Machuchang to roll Knowledge for Eleanora and Verossa (since I think Marlowe has disappeared again ).
    Also guys, all of you but D_Man so far have forgotten to add in your INT bonus to your knowledge checks, but I've done it in my notes for you .

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooops.

Oh well, with what I rolled I think Raif has managed to recall that grass may sometimes be green.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ogre in the Playground

Better than Drayner... I don't think he even remembers he's outside .

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

It occurred to me, reading the back stories, that wilderness treks are the worst possible thing for our party. Most of us were urban dwelling. I have wondered about taking a level of ranger - purely to get the survival skills, if we look like we're going to be doing much more hiking.

Definitely should have taken either travel domain, or nature domain.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry, once you get these supply lines disupted you'll be heading into Urban areas.

I'm just going to roll for Eleanora and Verossa so we can carry on.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2013-02-07 at 07:31 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1301

Ah geez, sorry for being gone so long you guys. Class has gotten really busy on my end. I finally got up early enough to check on this, and realized that I hadn't posted for a couple days. Sorry for holding everything up!

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

[RANT]Ack! Why do mothers always make such a big deal of your birthday?
    "What do you want for dinner?"
    "Do you like the <insert badly fitting piece of clothing here> that we got you?"
    "You know I was in labour for....." *runs away screaming*

I thought it'd get better with age but she still acts as if I'm a 5 year old![/RANT]

So yeah... Today was my birthday, and I couldn't have cared less... It's just another day... But as you likely guessed, my mother went crazy over it .

(I hate people making big deals about my birthday, unless it's one I consider a major one (18, 21, 25, 30, 40, 50 ect))

13. - Top - End - #1303

Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    [RANT]Ack! Why do mothers always make such a big deal of your birthday?
    "What do you want for dinner?"
    "Do you like the <insert badly fitting piece of clothing here> that we got you?"
    "You know I was in labour for....." *runs away screaming*

I thought it'd get better with age but she still acts as if I'm a 5 year old![/RANT]

So yeah... Today was my birthday, and I couldn't have cared less... It's just another day... But as you likely guessed, my mother went crazy over it .

(I hate people making big deals about my birthday, unless it's one I consider a major one (18, 21, 25, 30, 40, 50 ect))
    Well, happy birthday, dude! I hope it becomes as mellow as you'd like it to be.

14. - Top - End - #1304

GreenSorcererElf

Happy birthday! I'll start baking an illusory cake!

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Machuchang View Post
    Well, happy birthday, dude! I hope it becomes as mellow as you'd like it to be.
    It did... Just wish I wasn't unemployed so I could afford to move out so I didn't have to hide away in my bedroom when she gets like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Arranis Thelmos View Post
    Happy birthday! I'll start baking an illusory cake!
    Just a small one. I have a sweet tooth, but I could have imitated Scrooge McDuck swimming in all his money with all the chocolate I was given for Christmas .

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay guys, serious question for you.
    How can I help you guys get interested in this game again? I've noticed from just before Christmas that there's been a huge drop off of activity.
    I know Christmas/New Years is generally a hectic time for everyone so that's fine. And it looks as though we have lost Marlowe for the foreseeable future (I haven't heard from him since he last posted), so do I need to pull in the Alt's from the recruitment thread I ran ages ago (if they're still willing to play) or is there something that you guys have noticed that I can improve on?
    Any suggestions, even "Hey, just back off for a couple of weeks", are greatly appreciated and will be taken on board ASAP.

**I also know that for some of you with it being the start of a new work or school (not entirely sure how the US school year works) year that it may just be that you're just trying to find a balance. If this is what's happening, please, let me know... I don't want this game to die .

***Also, I'll also be cutting back on (to almost none) my little rant sessions... I know I've been a bit more vocal on those than I should be, it's just sometimes I forget where to draw the line and keep rambling.

D_Man, Mach, Arrains:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know you've said you're having different difficulties that have been reducing your ability to contribute as much as you use to, so please don't take this the wrong way.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It is hard to admit, but after giving it a little time and thought I found that my problem is not the game itself or the DM/players but my character. I really liked Maiali when I planned him, but I find him somehow lacking in almost every aspect. So, if my activity has declined it is my own fault and nothing else. I like the group and I like the game, I just don't like my gamepiece. I can't even say what exactly it is that I don't like about him. Everything? I never really 'got into him', if you know what I mean.

Any suggestions, Malak'ai?
    Act well before thinking!

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

I know how you feel. I've made characters like that and I just don't know what to do!

If you want, roll up a new character and we can either have Mailali perish in a blaze of glory during the supply raids, or have him hold out until we get into a town and have him stay behind to "help organize the people in an uprising" or some such and have your new PC join up.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I know how you feel. I've made characters like that and I just don't know what to do!

If you want, roll up a new character and we can either have Mailali perish in a blaze of glory during the supply raids, or have him hold out until we get into a town and have him stay behind to "help organize the people in an uprising" or some such and have your new PC join up.
    That sounds good. I'd rather have Maiali live and serve than die, but it's your choice.

Let me check, what does the group have sofar? Cleric, Warlock, Hexblade, Illusionist, Knight. Lots of magic, so no real caster needed. Rogue and Ranger are the 2 types missing, I guess. Druid would be another option.

Let me roll first, that helps.

Spoiler
    Show

(4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[14]

(4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[18]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]

(4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[18]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]

18, 16, 15, 15, 13, 13, the second set. If you will allow the Swift Hunter Feat from Complete Scoundrel I will go Scout / Ranger.

Swift Hunter: Add your Ranger and Scout levels together to determine the value of your Skirmish bonuses –and- your effective Ranger level for determining the number and value of your Favored Enemies. In addition, your
    Skirmish bonus damage applies to your Favored Enemies even if it is normally immune to such damage.
    Last edited by Simba; 2013-02-12 at 06:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Remember, we don't have the Hexblade for the foreseeable future. I'm trying to decide whether or not to write Verossa out (I don't really want to, as Marlowe is a really good personal friend (without trying to sound bias)) and I really like his playstyle) like I did with Daranard because it's not fair asking you guys to play her.

EDIT: As I said a while back I got a whole heap of new books so all you had to do was ask. And be gental if you were using the subsystems from ToB, ToM and MoI as I've never used them before.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2013-02-12 at 06:17 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Rolling for HPs: (1d8)[2], (1d8)[5]

Human Scout 2 / Ranger 1, maybe a lone resistance woman? They-killed-my-family-and-now-I'm-killing-them type? Could be hiding out in one of the caves, actually.
    Last edited by Simba; 2013-02-12 at 06:57 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ogre in the Playground

@Simba: That 2 becomes average, so for level two it would be become a 5.

Not so sure about hiding out in the caves as yet. Let me think on it.

23. - Top - End - #1313

GreenSorcererElf

I'm still trying to develop a remote browser/find a proxy server I can use that won't hit me with malware (which is surprisingly harder than I thought!). I think the game's great, and I feel lousy that I haven't been able to post more. Finals are coming up quick for me (silly trimester schedule), so I'm worried it'll cut down on what little time I have here. :/

24. - Top - End - #1314

I'm still very interested in the game, it's just that the work at my school this quarter has become much, much more than I'm used to, and like you said, it's difficult to find a balance. I'm in the 6th week of the 10 week quarter now, and the amount of work required of me has only been increasing, at least so far. However, I do have the week off, so I should be able to post a lot more consistently, at least for a few days.

I'm really sorry that I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like to, but it's not for lack of interest. This group is one of the best D&D groups I've ever been a part of, both online and in real life. I don't want to see this game die.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to echo Machuchang - I really enjoy this game group, and I'm pleased with this game. I felt that the posting rate before Christmas and New Year was comfortable for me, but equally if it's easier for people to post at a slower rate that's fine with me.

@Simba: Yeah, I kind of had the feeling you might feel that way about Mailali. I look forward to meeting your new character.

@Malak'ai: I think keep Verossa around for the moment - we can probably play her for a little while. If we do have to write her out I'd like it to be in such a way that she would be able to come back (a bit like we did with Daranad) maybe have her get separated from the group.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

No offense taken

It's a great game, truly I am still trying to find the balance, but I've found if I wake up early enough I can get 2 chances to check each day (except tuesdays, when I get the day off for "studying") (minimum). I'm not sure how the game may be improved exactly, it's at the point where we are working out what to do next I think, using the caves as a base (temporarily) until we can find the supply lines.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks guys, that's reassuring. I was freaking out a little that I had done (or hadn't done something) that was putting you guys off.
    I'll just go back into my little hole until you have a plan .
    **pulls his shirt over his head so only a single eye is peaking out **

28. - Top - End - #1318

Thanks guys, that's reassuring. I was freaking out a little that I had done (or hadn't done something) that was putting you guys off.
    I'll just go back into my little hole until you have a plan .
    **pulls his shirt over his head so only a single eye is peaking out **
    Nah, dude, you have nothing to worry about. You're awesome!

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Here is my new character, Trisha. As always I am busy fitting the numbers to the picture I have of her in my head. She is basically a skillmonkey, a wilderness expert and an archer. If we ever get that high she should end as Scout 5 / Ranger 15. Next levels will be Ranger 2 and 3, Scout 3, then Ranger for a while.

Her background involves her family and village getting slaughtered by undead troups and her becoming a guerrilla fighter.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks good so far.
    Though there wont be a huge Undead presence they will turn up now and then.

I'll start trying to think up how to bring her in.