New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside IX

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    The winged man looks around through the other people. I assume the vampires aren't here right now?

"I help you, but I can't see the people your want to bring down."
    "They seem to have decided not to arrive here," the woman says. "No matter. Eventually, they will have to face the will of the people."
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-21 at 08:07 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"It, not them." Irena is quick to remind her girlfriend. Thankfully there weren't twins they were dealing with... right? "But now you're going act all weird for four months..." She teases the lampade with a faint smile. "Should I ready the pickles for you?"

Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room

"I see, I think you might have done that to yourself unconsciously once you realized your subconscious was dangerous." Or it could be a sign her condition, whatever it was, were worsening. "It probably shouldn't be anything to worry about." It was those around her that needed to worry if she didn't get that under control. "Have you read anything about the subconscious while I was gone Eadelain? I think it might really help."

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"I mean them because we don't know the gender yet. It is kind of a bad way to refer to a person." Nadia says, even though she wants to give Irena a harder time about it. "And I'm not gonna act that weird. It's not like being pregnant makes me a different person."

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I have. I didn't find much useful; a bit of information on psychology and mental disorders. A lot of it seemed silly to me. Apart from that, I looked up some information on having something within you. I found some information on some kind of vampires, werewolves, possession, one doctor Banner. I noticed that most of them were either full control or some kind of transformation. Beyond that, the powers never seemed to have the host's interests in mind. It's completely unlike my condition, and the connections to the research of the subconscious I did were poor to non-existant."

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Kami Hunting

The dragon just attempts to keep the kami in place at the moment but can't help to stare at the half-dragon in surprise when he attacks the spirit in what she perceives as the most over-the-top manner possible.

Now I except the kami to fly away like Team Rocket in pokemon after their defeats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kami Hunting

The Kami does not sail off into the distance with a slight ding, it's too busy disintegrating. This strike is enough to make it demanifest, weaken it immensely until it has enough time (and paranoid people) to build up strength. If Cessie uses some of her Kami hunting powers to keep it solid, it will more or less be at their mercy.
    Kami Hunting

Awww... no blasting off.
    Though admittedly disintegrating is just as good. As far as Harnel knows that means it's been defeated, job well done. He watches it though, rather than look to Cessie for confirmation. Don't want to turn your back on these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1356

[Suncrest Manor]

The witch is quiet for a moment. "I know but... mothers are all emotional since they are pumped with hormones. I saw that on TV. Plus you'd be sick a lot more." She explains.

[Exbourne Manor - Eadelain's Room]

"Silly? Maybe you haven't read the right books then. In any case, those disorders aren't likely to have anything to do with yours. It's something unique." She pauses, thinking for a moment. "Are you familiar with mindscapes?"

Kami Hunting

Cessie does keep it solid and will quickly step close to the broken kami and attempt to 'breath in' it's weakened form, devouring it completely.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Well... yeah, but I'm still me." Nadia frowns a little bit. Irena is doing little to alleviate her own worries. She sighs a little.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Kami is devoured and thus is no more.

"I am not," Eadelain replies simply.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

Kami Hunting

Well that's... really kinda creepy.

"You get it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #1360

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "They seem to have decided not to arrive here," the woman says. "No matter. Eventually, they will have to face the will of the people."
    "Then you should inform them. I will assisst you to prevent harm on you as far as possible, but you can't change the system without the cause of it's suffer."

The man takes a buly stand showing her that he will be able to handle a fight .
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #1361

[Suncrest Manor]

"Of course you are Nadia. I just... I don't know what point I was supposed to make there. Let's just try to relax alright? Watch some TV. Anything you like to see? I can make some popcorn." Irena replies.

Kami Hunting

It's less creepy when she's a dragon. <.<

"It's gone." The sorceress confirms before turning to the half-dragon. "I guess we should get you some weapons now. Not that you seem to need them anyway, that thing you did with your first was pretty amazing." The sorceress says with a smile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-08-21 at 05:50 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Oh, yeah sure. A movie sounds great. I think that new Agent Chrome movie is on TV now." Nadia gives Irena a warm smile.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

Kami Hunting

It's less creepy when she's a dragon. <.<

"It's gone." The sorceress confirms before turning to the half-dragon. "I guess we should get you some weapons now. Not that you seem to need them anyway, that thing you did with your fist was pretty amazing." The sorceress says with a smile.
    Suuuuuure....

"Why thank you. People learn very quickly that just cause I don't have a sword, doesn't mean I'm defenseless." Harnel says, flexing his hand a bit.

"That web thing you did was pretty neat too. Are all kami that annoying or easy?" Didn't seem too bad, even if hitting the thing was a pain.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #1364

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Lenai's Forest- Night

"Please stop. We won't leave with you; several gnomes travel with this caravan, and you might be testing our loyalty, and if you unbind the gnoll she will bite your face off. Her husbands and cousins were killed when she was captured." The goblin isn't speaking very loud, and doesn't touch Kallistax.
    Mm-hm- yeah, I'm not with them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Barbarian in the Playground

Samona's Phone, Wherever She Is

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Someone's calling you, Samona! If you have Caller ID, it's going to say it's Magtok! Unless of course you have some silly nickname for Magtok in your phone, in which case it'll show that instead!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

16. - Top - End - #1366

[Suncrest Manor]

"The what?" Irena asks, she had never heard of such a show. "Well, if you want to watch that..." And the rest of the scene can probably be handwaved.

Kami Hunting

"Kami can be very different, some rely more on brute strength then everything else. Your strongest weapon against them however is keeping your calm and not fall for their tricks." She explains. "I think you did pretty well though for your first time. It looked a bit goofy though." The sorceress says with a giggle.

"It's a room your mind have created where one potentially could interact freely with you subconscious with the right tools. I imagine it would be very dangerous, but it would be an idea how to help you." Astrana suggests.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

[Samona's Phone, probably somewhere unsavory]

Samona retrieves her phone and looks at who's calling. 'Stud Muffin'. She smiles, what could this be about? "Why hello, Maggums. It's been altogether too long since you've called. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

If Maggy listens closely, he might barely hear the sound of a grown man weeping in the background. Odd that.

[Suncrest Manor]

Some time in the not too distant future, Nadia wakes up. It's very early morning, and presumably Irena is nearby. She feels awful. Her stomach seems to be at war with the rest of her body and the ever present need to pee hasn't disappeared since the day before.

The lampades groans and rolls onto her back. She forgets Irena was so, close, however, and bumps solidly into her. Whoops. She's more concerned about her protesting stomach, however.

18. - Top - End - #1368

Samona's Phone

"Business. I don't know how reliable your sources are, but mine have made it clear that a rather power drow family is going to be having a big party in the near future. The Xar'cha house, if I'm not mistaken. It being a drow party, of course, it's not likely to be a small, forgettable little affair, either. Big names are going to be there; everyone from the Council, Vasquez, the matron of the house, Ilpholin, and even yours truly have been invited.

Now, since it is a drow party, and a certain owner of the Black Dragon Den isn't exactly on the best terms with his forebears from down below, and with all those important people around out in the open, there's going to be a sliiiiight chance of the thing drow do best, after fetishwear and making weird food out of mushrooms.

Now me, I've never been a fan of being repeatedly stabbed to death, even if I am invincible, but as good a reason as that sounds, I can't just back out like a sissy when I know everyone else is attending, right? With my reputation, I also can't afford to attend without a plus one, but every other girl on my list just isn't high society function material, y'know? You, on the other hand, you've plenty of experience with this sort of thing, and plenty to gain by getting the Exbourne Manor some attention and building ties with fellow shadow-dwelling folk whilst subtly nudging me away from the poisonous spider wine, right? "
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-08-22 at 10:56 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

[Samona's Phone]

"Oh, Magtok, you know how to make a girl feel wanted." Samona replies. Maggy can practically hear the amused little smile she's wearing. "I do appreciate the offer, and I'd love to accompany you."

In the background once more, there's a yelp of pain. "One moment, Mags." There's a faint scuffling, and then a grunt of pain coming from someone with a lower voice than the first. Then all other sounds cease. "I'm sorry about that. An incompetent employee needed dealing with. You know how it is. Do we know where and when this little event is? And I'd assume it's I should dress formal?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-21 at 09:39 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1370

Samona's Phone

"Yes, yes, and I have no idea. The drow have, err...interesting opinions on what is and is not formal. I'd pick out two separate outfits, just in case. I can MagSat the party entrance for you and clarify things when the time comes. We'd, of course, end up being a little late because of that, but what sort of self-respecting party-goers would we be if we didn't show up fashionably late?"

Magtok stops to clear his throat, before lowering his voice considerably.

"Oh, and as icing on the cake, I happen to have, in my possession, a de-boned ice elf arm that has been enchanted, for a span of three months, to regenerate every night, overnight, so long as some small part of it still remains. It's yours, no strings attached, no catches or shenanigans or anything else, whenever and wherever you want it delivered. A gift, for its own sake."

Magtok then tells Samona the time and place for the drow party. I don't know the answer to either of those two things, though.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

[Samona's Phone]

Samona raises her eyebrow, glad that Maggy can't see the confused look that passes over her face briefly. "Oh Mags, you don't need to butter me up. But if you insist." Maybe Samona isn't trying hard enough, but she can't seem to come up with many uses for a severed arm.

"As for the party, just pick me up at the manor when yo're ready. I'll be waiting." The vampire says.

22. - Top - End - #1372

[Suncrest Manor]

The witch slowly opens her eyes and looks at Nadia. "Mmm... something wrong? You need anything?" She asks sleepily.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Just... to get to the bathroom." Nadia shifts to the side of the bed and stands slowly. So far so good. She gradually makes her way over to the bathroom. Once there she doesn't even bother closing the door before plopping down on the toilet. Not that it brings much more than a little relief. She still looks dreadful.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-08-22 at 07:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1374

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena sigh to herself as she see Nadia in such discomfort, she knew this was bound to happen. It was going to be four long months before they finally could put this behind them. It all felt so wrong, she had sworn never to be involved with babies again but now it had been forced upon her. Hopefully it wouldn't end as badly as last time though.

Once the lampade seems finished Irena slowly gets up from the bed she walks over to the open bathroom, "You sure you don't need anything? I want to be here for you."

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia only gets up off the toilet long enough to pull her pants up before sitting down again. She doesn't feel much like moving anywhere. "I don't think there's anything you can do. Unless you can magically make me not feel like I need to throw up." She tilts her head back and closes her eyes.

26. - Top - End - #1376

[Suncrest Manor]

"There are spells, but that'll require you to eat living baby bats and dance naked in the light of the full moon." Irena replies as she kneels down in front of Nadia. If the lampade spares a moment to look at her girlfriend however, it becomes pretty clear she's joking.

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Generally Nadia finds Irena's unique brand of humor endearing, but today it doesn't go over very well. Even jokingly mentioning eating anything so disgusting has Nadia's stomach roiling. The lampades quickly gets to her knees in front of the toilet and throws up violently.

28. - Top - End - #1378

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena turns away as the lampade throws up again, well that moment was certainly ruined. Once she's done Irena get's up and flushes the toilet for her. "I tell you what, once all this is over we'll go on a long vacation to some tropical island somewhere. Just the two of us and I'm paying for everything. It's the least you deserve after all the terrible things that have happened to you and I think we both need to get away a bit anyway."

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"That sounds nice." Nadia says tiredly. She gets to her feet, perhaps with Irena's help, and goes to the sink to clean up. "I've never been to a tropical island."

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's a room your mind have created where one potentially could interact freely with you subconscious with the right tools. I imagine it would be very dangerous, but it would be an idea how to help you." Astrana suggests.
    Eadelain considers this. "If you want to try it, I'd be willing to cooperate," she says simply. "It might be the only way left to figure out what is going on."

Obviously Eadelain doesn't know about the full spectrum of analysis magic. I mean, soul analysis, dream reading, ask-an-outsider... there are still plenty of ways to get information.