New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

"Rovi, great to see ya!" beamed Damien with a smile on his face, unable to do much else other than than wave to her with all the traffic between them.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

'Rovi. And I was called up by the hospital after Gerald got admited. Someone needed to come and get his new eye.' Her head dissapears for a moment, then she reappears and passes a jar down to you, full of robotic eyes. 'He's really unlucky, he loses an eye about once every six months. So he tends to keep spares. Could one of you run to the hospital with this for me? I gotta see about getting these Xtrancievers working for you guys. I'm not as good as Patty or Gerald at the tech stuff, but Patty has to look after the store so I'm the only one who can make these for you right now.'

She waves at her boyfriend. 'I'm just working right now, you guys go eat, I'll be down in a little bit.'
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam shrugs "I could take it along for you, most of the others look pretty tired or hungry and i imagine Damein wants to stay here."

Liam tosses his meal to Russ "Put that in the oven with the rest would you i'll eat it when i get back and don't let it burn please."

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right!" Russ hurries to the kitchen, reading the instructions and shoving it in the oven while he starts up the frying pan with his steak. Licking his lips, he starts... oh god, why are you putting lighter fluid on the pan oh look it's on fire wait what's that charcoal doing is he grilling on a frying pan?

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Meanwhile, two metal arms fold out from the roof, spray it with foam, and bring the food to an oven, where they begin cooking.
    "Yeah, Ger's never been a good cook. So he made his house do it.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia shakes her head as she enters the kitchen, witnessing the spectacle of Russ' cooking. 'Glad I didn't ask him to cook my steak...' She approached Russ to give him slap on his back. "Are you sure they didn't give you anything while you were at the hospital?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ stops and stares as the house takes over cooking, pausing for a bit before grinning. "Whoa, that's SO COOL! I want a house that can cook too!" He looks at Sylvia, nodding. "Yeah, I'm sure!"

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very well." Sylvia Shrugged before she unpacked her groceries and left them for the house to cook. "I'm going to head down and check on Rocza. Try not to burn anything else." She gave him a smile as she patted Russ on his shoulder and headed for the elevator that headed towards the nursery.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Liam drops off the eyes to the hospital, getting a few strange looks from some of the patients because of the jar of eyes, but the doctors just nodded and acted like it was a normal day at the office.

The kitchen cooks up everyones dinner, but Russ's was a little burned due to his slap-dash attempt at cooking earlier. You all tuck in to dinner. After about half an hour, Rovi drops down from her hatch in the cealing.

'Argh, this tech stuff gives me a headache. I could only make one, and since Liam paid for them I think he should get it first.'
    She places it on the table for Liam to collect when he gets back, then staggers over to Damien and colapses on-top of him, laying her head in his lap. She gives a very loud sigh. 'Argh, I hate this. Patty could have wipped all 4 of those up before you all got out of questioning. But she's right, we need her in the shop, so I borrowed my dad's pet Skarmoury. He's not as vicious as he looks, he's actually rather weak, but strong enough to carry me from Saffron.' She looks up at Damien. 'But it's good to see you again.' She gives a tired, but very honest grin.

Sylvia goes down to the nursery and little Rozca slithers over to mummy and wraps around Sylvia's arm. About a dozen Joltik descend from the cealing and snuggle into Sylvia's long red hair. A little Happiny and a little Pichu play hide and seek between her legs.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia scratches under Rocza's chin as she watches the two little pokemon play under her. "Hello, little one. Did you have fun today?" She the started to move to a spot where she could sit down, careful not to step on the baby mons as she moves. "It's been a interesting day to say the least." She sighed has she sat down and gave some attention to some the joltik, by petting some of them.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

While a bit surprised at first, Damien quickly shifted his legs a bit to help Rovi be a little more comfortable. Listening quietly to her grievances before replying with a smile "Same here," he replied contently before tentively reaching out to brush her hair safely; giving the working girl a well deserved breather.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

"THIS IS AWESOME!" Russ said, chomping on his slightly burnt steak. Luckily for him, the only parts that got charred are the fatty bits, which made it nice and delicious. His Pokemon eat as well, some even taking small bits of Russ's steak too!

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Sylvia sits and pets the little Joltik swarm with her Seviper still wrapped around her arm. They all chirp happily playing with her.

Russ lets his pokemon try his steak, but MAN bites it and tries to run away with it in his mouth. Soon Hawk, RAT and PUNCH are chasing after him to the Benny Hill theme (wonder how many of you will get the reference).

Liam arrives back and finds his dinner cooked satisfactorily, no thanks to Russ. 'Ah, Liam, your Xtranciever is on the table. I only installed a few of the upgrades, map, language translation, online browsing, remote data transferal, the usual. We can upgrade them later with some firmware remotely, but extra hardware needs to be installed manually. You should be able to handle most yourself. I'll try and work overnight, get you the rest by tomorrow afternoon.'

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to install it into your gauntlet, give me an INT check.

Damien and Autumn enjoy their meal, only annoyed by Russ and his pokemon's hyperactive antics.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

"Whoa, hey! That's my steak!" Russ chases after MAN, with the house probably playing the theme along to the room chase.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Right, thanks. I could probably do the rest as easily as you if you don't want to pull an all-nighter as well as travelling from Saffron.”

Meanwhile Liam starts to get to know the new piece of tech by checking his emails and downloading any software updates the Transceiver needed. All the while absentmindedly eating his meal and trying to avoid getting caught in the procession going round the table.
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-08-21 at 01:03 PM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

After a few more moments of playing with baby mons and showing Rocza some more motherly affection as she recaps the events of the day for the baby snake, Sylvia stands up. "But enough about that for now. I did promise you more food." She did feel a little better after talking to Rocza. Before she left the nursery, she petted the two baby mons that were playing around her.

When she rejoined the rest of the group, she gave a sigh as she watched Russ chase his pokemon around. 'At least he's not breaking anything.' She shrugged before sent out her pokemon and gathered some pokemon food for them. For Rocza though, Sylvia tore a small piece of her steak out and shredded for the baby snake to munch on.

(assuming Emma's also sitting there eating as well.)

As she is taking bites out of her steak, a little less lady like then she would have normally perhaps because she was just tired and hungry, she turns to Emma. "How are you holding up? It's been a bit of a crazy day for all of us."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

Emma seemed to be staring off into space a little, but was grounded by Sylvia's questions. 'Well, I can't say it's a good day, but after what happened, I think I know one thing. Even if we have screwed up in the past, we are slowly getting better. We'll keep improving, till we are able to find Silver and Aden. I know I'm a bit useless at times, but I want to watch your match with Surge tomorrow. I want to try and get a little stronger, and not fall behind you all.' She gives Sylvia a peck on he cheek and wipes a little bit of steak from the corner of her mouth.

Liam fidgets and fiddles with the Xtranciever, and as he watches Rovi trying to build the 2nd one, he is able to copy her and understand a little of how it works. In fact, he finishes his Xtranciever a little before Rovi finishes one, meaning there were now 3 of them complete. Rovi explains to him how it can be used to search what kinds of pokemon are local to the area, keep an eye on swarm data, and even check out what trades or sales of pokemon there are in the local areas, cutting down the legwork a trainer would usually do. It can also connect to any video phone in the world, unlike the pokegears which need to be boosted through an antenna to communicate across continents. He could even phone his family back in Sinnoh, though it was getting close to 10 over here and they wouldn't have woken up yet over there, it being about 4 am. He could probably get them tomorrow though. She also showe him how to download apps, and had 2 she insisted he install. One was a dictionary that could translate any text from Unovan, Sinnohish or Hoennese into Unified, the Kanto-Johto language. And the other app was a link to the Versa family store web page, where he could purchase any items from their shop. She said Patty insists it's installed on all of their gear, to boost business.

Russ tackles at MAN, but the Tyrouge dodges upwards, only to be cut of by HAWK who steals the food and tries to make a break for it. RAT cuts him off and pins him to the ground, but PUNCH sends them both flying by chucking MAN at them. He goes to collect his reward, only to be body dropped by Seismic Toss at the last minute. Russ sits on top of his defeated pokemon and finally enjoys his dinner, while HEAD and GUT shrug at each other, and PLANT chows down on a bowl of fertiliser. Russ was sure the steak tasted so much sweeter after all of that, since it now tasted of VICTORY!

Everyone heads to bed, Autumn, Sylvia and Emma taking Rovi's and Patty's room for when they visited, Rovi sleeping in Geralds office, and the boys camping out on sleeping bags on the warehouse floor. Liam has to keep flicking baby Joltik off his face in the night, and Russ feels like he's suffocating, only to wake up in the middle of the night and find Squint had fallen asleep on top of his chest.

When Damien wakes up, he unconciously tries to channel Aden, as he had been doing all of yesterday. To his immense surpries, it actually works, and he finds himself with a direct connection to his favourite little buddy. Aden was somewhere, far far away, with a familiar little red haired psychic in front of his face. Her blue haired twin was no where in sight. 'Now now Lumière, stop struggling. If momma finds out I stole you from that stupid Mystic, I'll get in trouble! You're mine now, so behave or we'll both get punished.'

'Who the hell is Lumière, you crazy psychic?'

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ wakes up after moving the huge snake and falling back asleep. He rubs his eyes and goes to the bathroom to shower and brush his teeth before sitting on the dining table, wondering what was for breakfast. That, or if Gerald is home. He better be home.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Getting up in the morning and dislodging any more joltiks that had taken up residence while he was sleeping Liam headed into the kitchen to get some breakfast for him and his team. After finishing his toast he left his team out in the kitchen while he had a shower and went looking for the laundry room

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Russ's foot hits something, and a horde of joltik come out from under the table, followed by Gerald rubbing his head where you smacked it with your foot. A few new, freshly sewn shut cuts run down his face, going perfectly with the grimace he gives you for kicking him awake.
    "Morning. You guys sleep well in the APC?"

21. - Top - End - #711
    Firbolg in the Playground

Autumn stretches as she wakes up, getting Lillian to shift. She always let Lillian out when she went to sleep, it was a habit. She dresses in new set of clothes and heads downstairs, returning Lillian before she does so.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

"...wait, how did you get..." Russ looks under the table to find a lot of Joltik. "Whoa. Sorry. Yeah, it was pretty fun. Squint used me as a pillow, but I'm fine."

23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I made this house, I made the AI, and I used to sleep in cardboard boxes out of necessity when I was older than you. Sleeping under a table's easy. Also, joltik are comfy as a blanket. Sorry about Squint, he's normally with me, but I got in late."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-22 at 09:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

(Dinner)
    Sylvia smiles. "You're not useless, not by a long shot Emma. We are getting better, all of us. Don't worry, I'll do everything I can to find Silver and Aden." She then blushes a little. "And i'll be looking forward to you watching my gym match." She then finished up her meal and heads to bed.

(Morning)
    Sylvia awakens to find Rocza napping peacefully beside her. She lets the baby snake rest for a while longer as she pulls herself out of bed and dresses herself, fixes her hair, brushes her teeth and so on. "Morning little one." She gently stroke it to stir it from it's slumber. "Time to begin the day." She gave a motherly smile as she extended her hand to allow Rocza to slither up and coil around her neck.

She then proceeded down stairs and into the dinning room. "Good morning." She waved to Russ and Gerald. "It's good to see that your okay, sir." She gave him respectful bow. "Um..I was wondering if you would happen to have some practice dummies around? Preferably wooden ones."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald gets up off the floor and stretches.
    "Generally prefer sparring with Balthazar, but it'd be nice to put the new targeting system through the paces before later today."
    His new eye manages to catch the light in such a way that you see it give a metallic glint.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

"Targeting system?" The confused ninja girl tilted her head sideways as she stared at Gerald.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald taps his eye above the stitches with his metal arm, giving off a light tink.
    "Targeting system. I figured I keep losing them anyway, might as well make improvements. Same with...I'm going to round up and say half of my internal organs."

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh..." Sylvia was a little taken back by Gerald's list of injuries. "Well..are you sure are in a good condition to fight? I mean you just got our of the hospital and I'm just wanted to get my pokemon warmed up for the gym match later."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gerald shrugs.
    "I've had worse. Only lost an eye this time, nothing major. Though in that case, there are old mannequins I used for making clothes until they got shredded by a faulty mortar shell. Would those work?"

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, those should do fine." Sylvia nodded and wondered how exactly they got shredded by a mortar shell.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show