New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

Russ rubs his scalp, trying to think of a good answer to that. There were many excuses he could make about today, like about not having a sponsor, or how he was training himself and his Pokemon to better respond to emergencies like that. Ultimately, though, they breezed past his head, and Russ was left without a word of what to say to that. He just stood there, not really thinking of anything, his mind blanking out, before shaking his head. "I don't know." He stammered, not sure what to think any more.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Pokemon: Successors of the Forgotten, part 3, Things just got serious (IC)

Gerald looks into Russ's eyes, unblinking for an almost inhuman amount of time.
    "And that's why you might fail. Your group lacks cohesion. Before you get to do what you want, it would behoove you all to learn how to work together first. And what of your team? Are you working together with your pokemon well, or trying to face things on your own?"

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm training my Pokemon as well." Russ said, more methodical than anything else. "I just went to the gym to train with another trainer."

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"But do you fight alongside them? If I were to fight you both with my team and in hand to hand, how would you fight back? How do you deal with pokemon who you face in combat and catch?"

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, I fight with them. I'll fight with them, for everyon..." Russ trailed off, frustrated that he didn't have the answers he was trying to find.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"...No, wait, don't tell me. You don't like catching pokemon in the wild, do you."

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh. Nah, I'm okay with them. Better to catch them when they want to be caught, though."

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

{table]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1||||||||||
    2||||||||||
    3|||||Ed|||||
    4||||||||||
    5||||||||||
    6||||||Fe||||
    7||||||||||
    8||||||||||
    9||||||||||
    10||||||||||[/table]

Damien hesitated when he saw Fence come out; starring at Liam from the other side of the field in confusion and surprise. He couldn't believe the older trainer had chosen to bring Fence out against Edna; surely Liam was aware of his own pokemon's weaknesses. Damien couldn't believe that Liam would make such a mistake; he was too bright for that.

Sure Fence was tough, she might be lucky enough to hold up against one of Edna's attacks, but it still didn't sit right with him; especially since he knew Liam had other options. "Edna, hit Fence with an Ember attack!" he called out as the realization hit him

Spoiler
    Show

Edna
    *Def, S.Def & SPD: 10

Ember
    *AC2:(1d20)[4]
    *Damage:(1d12+22)[33]
    *Burns on +18
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

Fence turns into Ghost, and the Zorua pulls a troll face.

Then slumps to the ground and faints
    Last edited by IrnBruAddict; 2012-09-11 at 12:49 PM.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam smiles at the Zorua "All ways trying to get the last laugh in huh, co cky little bastard. Good work anyway, just relax in your ball until we can get you to a center alright."

Liam returns the fox and puts the ball back in his pocket

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien blinked on surprise, not at the fact it had been Ghost, but rather the fact that Ghost was done. The young trainer pulled out his pokedex and looked it up, even as Edna stared at him curiously. Huh, ground types aren't resistant to fire. Go figure,, he commented to himself as he put his pokedex away.

It was then that reality hit him, Ghost had been Liam's last Mon; the match was over. "We won! Edna we did it!!" he cheered as he rushed over and gleefully picked up Edna, and gave her a big hug, before heading over to Liam..

"Great battle Liam," Damien said cheerfully as he extended a hand to Liam.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"It was interesting yes" Liam shakes the younger trainers hand

"Shame the trainers on their home turf didn't have anything to get excited about though"

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien nods, "Yeah, but once they start traveling around like us they'll be participating on contests like this in other towns too. They might be a bit disappointed, but that's the life of a traveling trainer for ya,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

'Okay, big hand to our rookie division.' The crowd cheers, though more than a few local trainers were looking a little sour about losing to a group not from round here, all with the same sponsor.

They line up the top four battlers, and give them each a pokeball. 'These pokemon are unique among their species, having a unique coloring. As any pokedex will verify, they are not type shifted.'

He hands you four pokeballs, and you can tap scan them to see what the pokemon inside was. You'd need to open it up to see what was unusual about it though. The fourth place winner looks disgusted about loosing and throws a hissy fit, so they give the 4th place prize to Autumn.

Spoiler
    Show
    Damien gets: A Teddiursa with Ice Punch

Liam: Sewaddle

Sylvia: Grimer

Autumn: Skitty
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam scans all the mons with his dex before getting his mons healed by the onsite facilities and using his transceiver to check trades for a shiney Swaddle.

Then putting down his box of Pies he lets Ghost, Shrike, Shock and Cayenne out and gives them a pie each.

"Nice work guys heres a little treat for you hopefully you'll like them more than i did"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[7]

2 Pies remaining i think

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia shakes her head as she watches the trainer she just went against throw a tantrum. She then accepts her prize before sending out the grimmer and tap scanning the other mons. She then examines the grimmer to see what was special about before deciding if she wanted to keep it or not.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[6] perception check if needed?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Firbolg in the Playground

Autumn almost, keyword almost, squees when she sees the skitty, the little cat-like mon were so cute. Then she sees the sewaddle, and her eyes light up, she liked them almost as much as she liked the skitty, "Liam, would you mind trading something for your sewaddle?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Not sure i would like to see what my options are first"

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

The most interesting offer Liam gets is one offering what seems to be a Dragon egg, but the e-mail never comes out and names it as that, merely hinting that they could get him a dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dragon pokemon are protected, and Dragon trading is highly illegal in the SoFverse

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam checks his other emails for any other offers, before sending an email back to the sender

"Details?"
    As he's about to send it away
    "Trollord would you mind doing a trace on this to see where it ends up. If it's not to much to ask and your not busy?"
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-09-11 at 04:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Now, I wouldn't always say that. Let me tell you about Roco, the first growlithe I ever had. I chased him for three days, trying to catch him, because the muker who ground my arm off had a thing for steel types. Still don't like being around them much...anyway, chased him for days, finally caught him, sent him out...and he saved my life taking a bullet first thing. Killed the bastard, but to this day, poor Roco's my standard for loyalty, and I barely knew him. Just saying, sometimes the mon you chase are the most loyal, my friend."
    He pats Russ on his back, before leading him to the arena where the others fought and won.
    "Hey, c'mon! Surge's expecting you guys."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-09-11 at 04:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

Liam checks his offers. He also finds Ditto, Corsola, Yanma and Rufflet.

The cheeky little Rotom hops on Liam's email and follows it to the sender to go check them out. A short while later, a reply comes back.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 egg for the rare sweaddle. confirm interest and we can meet in Sienna for verification on both sides

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

Russ nods, trying to take in the story but failing. He soon snaps back to reality when he gets to the arena, looking up at the others.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam takes down the information of the rufflet owner it might not be useful now but they could always trade over distance

Replying to the Dragon traders deal

When and where in Sienna would you like to arrange the meeting?
    "Whats Surge expecting us for a battle? Or is he going to let us have the information right now?"
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-09-11 at 04:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Battle, then info."

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

A little sprite of a Rotom appears over the main screen, looking rather angry. You really need to be careful of which emails you open. Do you know who that was? Iris. You know who it could have been? The Mafia. Or Team Ice, or Neo Rocket or Gallus or Magma. You really have to be careful. Your messing with my home here! I got out of her system before the anti-virus got wind of me, so no other info besides that. But seriously! Have a bit of caution once and a while! You don't see me going to your house and shooting holes in your walls, do you?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Right, next time you can tell me if its safe or not. Good work as well now i just need to find out more information about Iris."

So then is the ex-champ performing a sting operation or not i wonder
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-09-11 at 05:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Sylvia stops staring at the grimmer as Gerald comes in. "Of course. To the Gym then." She recalled the grimmer before she started following Gerald. She walked up beside Emma and whispered to her. "So, do you want to fill me in now while we walk to the gym?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Damien gasped and let out a small cheer in excitement when he realized what pokemon he had just won. After tap scanning the other mons, he brought out his new teddiursa; taking the moment of peace to have a quick chat to get a feel for his new mon, and introduce her to her name...assuming she didn't have one she preferred. After handling a few quick introductions and having a picture or two taken, he went to join the others; a bit sad that he'd have to bring himself out of his high in order to mentally prepare himself for the coming gym battle.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam picks up the empty Pie trays and tossess them in the bin.
    "Right then guys looks like we got another fight coming up, i hope that was enough for you to recharge since i might be asking for your help again soon so get ready"

Liam returns his team and gets ready to go. On the drive there or in the arena if there's time

"So Ger do you know anything about Iris? Is she a member of the rangers or anything like that?"