New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo

Harnel's deep mindscape

"Why don't you focus on adventuring instead?" The being ask, looking at him curiously. "There is much more to win there for the horde. Not to mention, fame and glory. It's what I would have done."

Harnel's mindscape

"I will need time for the magical items, a day or so, but otherwise it will be all yours. Anything else you need me for? I'm here to serve." The voice replies.

Library

Kirin will likely find an entry matching the description of Scandinavian trolls who have the tendency to trade their own children for others. These children are called "changelings" and likes to cause chaos in the homes of their new families. The accounts disagree on the best way to get rid of changelings however. One claim that the best way is to simply treat them well as the trolls in turn will treat the traded babies well in turn and will eventually trade back. But others claim the only true way to get rid of a changeling is to brand it with fire so it runs home to the trolls and demands being traded back. There seems to be a good deal of fairy tale logic in these books as she might be able to see.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-04 at 06:39 AM.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

"Found something. Not anything very useful, but something." Kirin will shoe Cessie what she found. "At this point, a divination spell would be more useful. Find out where the Troll parents are and encourage them to raise their own kids. The tales themselves sound more like tips on raising unruly children than anything actually useful."

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"I can wait that long, definitely," Harnel says, "If you come up with any other helpful equipment, go ahead and prepare that as well, please."

[Harnel's Deep Mindscape]

Greed just shrugs, an odd movement given his draconic frame, "I simply wanted to get everything from this that I could. I'm sure you understand."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #874

Library

"Sounds very much like the trolls we have at home." Cessie comments as Kirin brings up this new information. "These trolls certainly aren't spirits though. The problem would of course be to finding the parents, not to mention to take these kids back."

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"Of course Harnel. Anything for you." The little being replies. "Anything else? Something for your children perhaps?"

"I understand perfectly. But I want to make perfectly sure it's something Harnel wants. Not someone else. But let me inquire further if you don't mind. How do you feel about children?" It asks.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"Nothing that I can think of at the moment," Harnel says, "I'll let you know if I do, Thanks."

Greed nods, "Let me make this clear then," he says, "I am Harnel's desire in its purest form, unburdened by the limitations of the rest of his mind. If I want it, then he wants it. He may not admit it, but the desire is still present. He would be happy with the result."

6. - Top - End - #876
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

"Well, the logical thing would be to use some kind of magic... can you magically translate what they say? Or maybe have some sort of idea what language they're speaking?" Kirin will flip through some more books, trying to connect the stories to a point of origin and see what kind of language the place has.

7. - Top - End - #877

"Yes, but the same can be said about most beings. Our own desire. unshackled by the concern of others and society is usually terrible to behold, no matter what form it comes. That desirable dream image of Harnel's wife for instance, do you even think a person could move freely with so much weight on their chest? She'd be crippled physically not to mention her reaction if that thing came true. Such desire exist in my very nature though and I'm bound by it, but even so it's that moment when the scales tip that defines my very being and it must be unobstructed. If I gave you the power, when questioned later, Harnel could just blame you, he was under the influence of something. It wasn't his choice, he's not to blame, we two are." The being explains. "Wouldn't that be the case?" It asks curiously.

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"I could fulfill the desires of others if you like. Like your servant or children for instant. I could read their minds, find out what they desire and give it to them. With your permission of course. Just like I'm feeling your desires right now."

Library

The sorceress shakes her head. "No, no one have invented a way to translate language yet Kirin and there haven't exactly been a use for it here in the nexus. Everyone seem to be able to understand each other perfectly despite talking different languages."

She will see that stories of trolls mainly come from Scandinavian folklore which includes the countries of Norway, Sweden and Denmark. All these countries speak different but similar languages.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

"Well, unless you know anything about... Scandanavia, I'm out of ideas." She closes the book. "I guess the next step would be to ask around and see if there is anyone that knows anything." She gets up. "Let me go check that baby carriage, see if there are any clues. Maybe look for a list of our neighbors and see if any have had children recently... I'm not sure if finding the person responsible will help, but it's worth looking into."

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

Greed nods, "What occurs here is your choice, I suppose. I'll do what I've always done, and you may do as you wish. You've found a solution to our problem, and I appreciate that." There's a sense of finality in that last statement, as if Greed is done with the conversation.

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"Go for it. Just make sure it's nothing too bad, if they want something odd."

10. - Top - End - #880

"Indeed, but if you ever do win this fight, we will meet again. I promise you that greed." The creatures replies with a smile before it disappears in a puff of golden smoke.

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"What do you define as 'bad?" It asks, suddenly appearing in physical form, right next to the half-dragon.

Library

"That's an idea. I already checked the carriage however I couldn't find any clues there." Kirin might remember it being said trolls usually lived in large mountains in the forests. Some of them were so large they actually were the mountains.

[Bastions Mindscape]

As the tiny little quarter-dragon sleeps a golden being enters his dreams. It flies around, looking around, trying to find the little rascal. The baby can probably feel the creatures means no harm, besides, it look just like a toy of some kind.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

"Hmm... hey, do you have a spyglass?" If so, Kirin will take it and go up to the observatory. There she will look for any forested mountains in the area, which should be easy enough to find since mountains can't really sneak up on you if you're watching for them.

Yes, even in the nexus. However, in the nexus watching for sneaky mountains is actually a worry.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"Basically, anything that disrupts someone else or causes themselves harm. You were quick to point at the problems with giant breasts, for example." Harnel says

[Bastion's Mindscape]

Bastion's dream is relatively simple; his parents are here, watching in adoration as he plays with a set of blocks. His sister is nowhere to be seen, oddly, but there's no doubt in his mind that she's somewhere. The room seems oddly large, a lot larger than it should despite the relatively small size.

When the Avarition shows up, Bastion will attempt to grab a hold of it, "Habababa!"
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-06 at 09:20 PM.

13. - Top - End - #883

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"Hmm... so, if your wife secretly wants giant boobs I can't grant them eh?" Now he's pretty sure it's teasing him. Or maybe Harnel honestly believes that, I don't know. It's smiling widely at least.

[Bastion's Mindscape]

The avarition let's the baby-boy grab on to it and flies down so it sits on the floor next to him. It smiles at the baby. "Hello little guy, tell me, what can I do for you?" As the baby probably can't understand it and even if it could, it probably couldn't covey it's wish properly, the being instead attempts to read it's desires this close to it.

Library

"Of course." Cessie replies and will then follow the catgirl along to see what she got planned.

As Kirin do peer out over the forest she can see a mountain far away. It have been there before though, or have it moved? She can't be sure. "What are you looking for?" The sorceress asks.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Mindscape]

Harnel chuckles, "Use your judgement. I imagine you're well suited to understanding that sort of thing."

[Bastion's Mindscape]

"Gah!" Bastion says, making about as much sense as his last statement.

What does the baby desire though? He wants to play with this new golden toy. He also kind of wants something sweet to eat. Bastion makes good on the first part by flopping on the Avarition and grabbing at it.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

"That." Kirin says as she hands the spyglass to Cessie and points at the mountain. "I think I just found the return address on our bundles of joy."

16. - Top - End - #886

[Bastion's Mindscape]

Be careful Bastion, the corners of the creature are quite sharp. It doesn't seem to mind his games though, but closes it's eye to keep the baby from poking at it. "So what's your favorite food in the whole world?" It asks, trying to convey the meaning of this question to the quarter dragons mind by magical means.

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"By your orders." The little being replies before tilting itself in a small bow of sort. "Anything else I can grant before I leave?"

Library

Taking up the spyglass, the sorceress looks at the mountain. "Trolls are associated with mountains even in my world, so I think you're correct. Now we just have to get them back somehow and keep them there."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-07 at 07:51 AM.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

"I maintain that Garn with a time-release box is the best method, but you might have some other ideas."

Kirin thinks about the cold weather clothes that she recently bought. Those are probably warm enough for a bit of mountain climbing...

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Bastion's Mindscape]

Be careful Bastion, the corners of the creature are quite sharp. It doesn't seem to mind his games though, but closes it's eye to keep the baby from poking at it. "So what's your favorite food in the whole world?" It asks, trying to convey the meaning of this question to the quarter dragons mind by magical means.

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"By your orders." The little being replies before tilting itself in a small bow of sort. "Anything else I can grant before I leave?"[/COLOR]
    [Bastion's Mindscape]

Bastion is perfectly fine with sharp edges. Scales, even soft ones, help. As for favorite food? Harnel's been treating him to some magically flavored baby food that tastes like bacon.

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"No, thanks. Getting the adventuring equipment should be all I need." Harnel nods towards it.

19. - Top - End - #889

[Bastion's Mindscape]

"It shall be done!" And suddenly, outside the dreamscape a plate with that very same food appears.

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"Very well, I'll shall go and attend to the others then." And with a puff of golden smoke it's gone.

Forest

"There is, but the cure is very dangerous. But while I have most apples in my possession, the one that produced them was the apple-tree dryad Terrie from watchtower. So she controls the production of them." If you didn't count the apple trees Cessie were growing of course. She turns to Kirin, "Interesting, I can't help to wonder what would happen if anyone else took that seed. It's effects are quite potent and potentially dangerous."

Library

"I'd want to make sure the trolls actually stay there. Perhaps I should send an elemental with him and try to talk this over with the trolls. That way we won't risk anything... beyond Garn of course." She glances at the gargoyle that grunts in reply.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest

"Uh... I had thought about that, actually. I don't remember the details. It brings what is inside out? Yeah, it basically takes what you really are, puts it to the outside, and exaggerates it. I think..." She shakes her head. "I don't know why I think that. It was just really obvious at the time."

Library

"If they're a threat to Garn, we have other issues."

Yeah... if the thing made out of adamantine isn't safe, no one is.

21. - Top - End - #891

Forest

Mia appears a bit afraid at what she hears.

"If it works that way, the 'seed' can be a very dangerouse thing. Many people hide there bad side to fit in the community. Such people would make a mess, if they ever get that stuff."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Bastion's Mindscape]

"It shall be done!" And suddenly, outside the dreamscape a plate with that very same food appears.

[Harnel's Mindscape]

"Very well, I'll shall go and attend to the others then." And with a puff of golden smoke it's gone.
    [Baby Room]

This, of course, will wake Bastion up, likely shunting the Avarition out of Bastion's dreamscape. It'll also wake up his sister, who gears up to cry until she notices that her brother is helping himself to the plate of bacon flavored goop, and goes over to enjoy it as well.

Their crib is going to be such a mess.

[Harnel's Study]

Harnel also snaps out of his trance, and the first thing he does? Look at the buttons still strewn across his desk.

He sighs, and pulls out a mostly empty jar of honey that he'd been keeping in the bottom of his desk because he has a bit of a sweet tooth and it's better than munching on chocolate.

He'll finish it off with a spoon, then head to the kitchen to wash out the jar. The reason for this is so that he has a place to put all the buttons; an empty jar works pretty well, after all.

He'll then... put them in a closet. Perhaps not the safest place for them, but he's not really know to consider that sort of thing. Besides, they're buried at the back. Totally hidden.

23. - Top - End - #893

Library

"Anyone strong enough could easily tear of his wings Kirin and those would be hard to repair. While I intended him to be able to take some punishment, there are areas where he easily could sustain damage. Killing him would be a great deal harder though but I still don't want him damaged." She glances at the gargoyle that nods in turn he didn't want to me damaged!

Forest

"Yes, quite dangerous with such power at your side. I believe I have managed to weaken the essence just enough so it could actually be useful and not so destructive. Further research is needed however which is why I continue these experiments. The effects at this level are curious in comparison to the watered down effects." Cessie replies as she continues walking back to the keep.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

"Oh. I did not know that." That's nice to know, she guesses. "Anything you need me to do to prepare for this?"

Forest

"I'd be willing to test that stuff. Sometime later." Kirin will hustle back toward the keep, not too interested in the magical/scientific talk right now. It's cold out here!

25. - Top - End - #895

Library

"No, I won't send you away unless you want to go Kirin. It could be dangerous. Better to just send Garn and a elemental." Cessie replies.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

"I more meant that I could gather some stuff up, like a box for the trolls to travel in."

Oh. That makes sense.

"In fact, I know of an empty box that we could put a blanket in and ship them in it. And there is an old but warm blanket I have in the mending..."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-08 at 07:56 PM.

27. - Top - End - #897

Library

"That works, just make sure to keep it tight but breathable so they don't escape or suffocate inside that box." The sorceress replies.

[Kirin's Mindscape]

A tiny golden shaped floating pyramid with an human eye, a black maw and two separated golden claws floating nearby as arms appears within the cat girls mind scape, looking around for her greed.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Dwarf in the Playground

Library

"Right." Kirin will then go off and get that, and come back as quick as she can.

Kirin's Mindscape

Kirin's mindscape appears to be a mix of a few different settings... a university, a town, a manor. Various parts of her subconsciousness are around, and occupy various places on the scale of anthropomorphism. Most of them are more complex than the aspect of greed that the pyramid is looking for... however, just as it begins to get its bearings one of the ones that looks like a simple housecat will try to snatch it out of the air and rush off with it.

This will either make finding greed very easy or very difficult.

29. - Top - End - #899

Forest

"I see." Mia replies. " It would be a pleasure to hear about your results in the future."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #900

Forest

"Yes, if anything interesting comes up I'll be sure to inform you Mia. I like to check up on Kari now however if you don't mind." She turns to the catgirl. "Kirin, just take a hot bath and you will feel better, you're free for the rest of the day." She says with a gesture towards Kirin.

Library

She will find Cessie outside the keep with Garn and a wind elemental who look ready to go. The trolls are nearby, all trapped by some kind of force field. "Great, now we just need to stuff them in there."

Kirin's Mindscape

"Oh hello." The being greets the cat, but will allow itself to be grabbed to see where the dream avatar will take it.