New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo

Within the Keep
    Kari jumps a little.
    "Oh. It's just my dragon book. I've just been keeping track of the different dragons that live in my world in the hopes that future Wyrmhunters can be properly prepared."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

"Come in!" he says, "I'm in the middle of this and can't stop unless I want the metal to get brittle."

Assuming she comes in, Harnel says, "The little golden pyramid thing, right? Did it do anything wrong?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

"Are swords and lesser weapons appropriate then?"
    Edijar, a guest at the keep asks his dueling partner as he begins to unpack his duffel bag. The retired soldier is dressed in black sweatpants and a gray sweater for the moment. He packed a uniform just in case it was needed, but he just sets it aside for a moment. The other items he lays out one at a time are: a pair of 10 inch long knives that look to be of a cheap steel, a wooden practice sword about three feet long, one of Remnant's collapsible round shields, and a peculiar looking longsword that seems to be nothing but a 3ft long blade erupting out of a single handed grip that has a switch on the bottom of it.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel nods, "Sounds good to me. I've got some adamantine equipment if you want to use those." He does have an armory here in the courtyard, after all. Harnel will doff his own shirt, leaving him only wearing jeans. When you make use of your scales like armor, clothing you wear over it tends to get a bit mulched. Besides, if Cessie chooses to watch, he sees no reason not to put on a show.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

Edijar raises an eyebrow at Harnel. "No armor? Very well." He says as he removes his sweater, revealing the mass of battle and surgical scars that collectively make up his chest and back. "And I'll work with what I brought. You can use whatever material." He says as he picks up his sword and a knife, tying each to his hips so the sword rests on his left and the knife is on his right. Once that's done, he'll strap the shield to his left arm.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel grins, and will move into the armory. He'll come back out a few moments later carrying... a steel shield and a steel sword. Nothing adamantine. He favors being on equal footing in a duel like this, or at least as close as you can get. "Ready when you are."

He'll fall into a stable stance, his shield in front of him and his sword held out wide.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Forge]

Cessie steps inside, summoning cold elemental energy (not confused with actual energy since cold... well, you know) to cool herself down. The heat in here was just unbearable. "Yes, that... thing." She didn't like using that term but she knew nothing about this creature. "Kirin claimed it entered her dream and gave her nightmares. Do you know anything about that?"

Within the Keep

"You're planning to return so soon? Not that I blame you of course. I'm sure you're needed in your homeworld more then you are here." She pauses, not sure what to say next. "Is there anything I could help you with perhaps? Anything I can do to aid your cause?"

Courtyard

Cessie wanders into the courtyard, Garn following her faithfully like a shadow. Edijar's presence catches her eye though, they were going to duel? But why was he shirt-less? ...why was Harnel shirtless? Couldn't they at least be decent when they did this sort of thing?

She couldn't interrupt them and she shouldn't really watch either but she had watched a similar fight between Harnel and Wenomir ages ago so perhaps this wasn't that bad. No matter how brutal these fights were. Coughing, she decides to stand there and watch from a distance, trying to keep a mental distance as well. As long as she only focused on Harnel's bare chest it shouldn't be any problems right?

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

Edijar nods and falls into an aggressive stance with his roundshield held in front of him. His left knee flexes slightly as his hand falls to the pommel of the knife at his side. The retired soldier seems to quicken his breathing just slightly before launching himself at the Half-Dragon, leading with his shield as his leap carries him a scant couple inches off the ground. His shoulder sets itself into the composite shield, bracing it even further.

Should Harnel step aside, Edijar will land in a roll, maneuvering his shield to guard his back as he draws his knife, flinging it underhanded when his roll stops, aiming for Harnel's left knee with his shield protecting him from an overhand swing.

Should Harnel stay still, Edijar is likely going to hit him, and if he does so, he'll spin clockwise, probably getting to Harnel's right side, before he draws his knife and attempts to give the Half-dragon a horizontal slice through his side.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

[Courtyard]

Harnel does something Edijar might not be expecting. As the warrior charges, Harnel's wings spread out quickly, and in a moment he's tumbling over Edijar's head. the maneuver is a bit difficult, but it will place him standing directly behind Edijar, maneuvering a pommel strike towards the man's back.

[The Forge]

Harnel simply continues at the forge as he speaks.He always enjoys heat like this; it relaxes him. "I told it that if you, Kirin, or the children had requests, that it should grant them. I Remember waking up to find the paste I'd been feeding Bastion and Cora splattered all over their crib, so that's what they must have wished for. I don't know anything about giving Kirin nightmares though. what kind?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-16 at 07:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #940

[The Forge]

"I suspected that had something to do with it." Cessie remarks with a frown, eating that amount of paste must be terrible unhealthy for a kid of his age. "In any case, it showed her a part of... well, your fantasy and that disturbed her greatly." She remarks.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

Harnel frowns as he continues work, "I really need to teach that thing about boundaries. The less people that know about my fantasies, the better."

12. - Top - End - #942

[The Forge]

"I have my worries about that thing. I did some research and did you know it's name basically means "greed"?" The sorceress asks.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

Harnel nods, "I did. Avarice is a synonym for greed. I thought you would have gotten that right away."

14. - Top - End - #944

[The Forge]

"I'm not familiar with that language Harnel, I'm surprised you are though. But no matter. I'm just worried that it will try to make you indulge into those fantasies of yours Harnel." The sorceress replies, looking at him compassionately.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

Harnel grins, "Actually, it's doing its best to redirect my desires into more traditional things like money. I think I'll get back into adventuring; treasure and the like."

16. - Top - End - #946

[The Forge]

"Really now?" Cessie asks with a raised eyebrow. "That does remind me of something I have been meaning to talk to you about dear. Are you bored here, settling down like this? I mean lately it feels like we drifted part a bit. I do my research and you work at the forge. We rarely do things together, at all."

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

Well, here's a question that Harnel wishes he didn't have to answer. He goes for the truth, knowing their earrings will tell Cessie if he lies, "A bit, yes. I spent a lot of time active in the past, but I've just been getting more sedentary since I came to the Nexus. I miss getting into fights and finding treasures at the bottom of a crypt, or tracking down a werewolf before he can strike again." He sighs and puts aside his hammer, dunking the adamantine blade he was working on into a barrel of water, "I want to be a hero again."

18. - Top - End - #948

[The Forge]

Cessie nods slowly, she had been expecting this. "I understand Harnel, perhaps we decide to have children a bit quickly. I know you want to be with them, but at the same time you want time for yourself and adventuring is no place for kids." The sorceress replies. "And I know it sounds crazy, but if this somehow could work... would you need a spell caster in your party?"

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

Harnel, for a moment just looks at Cessie in surprise. He certainly hadn't been expecting that. Resistance, maybe. A denial of his desire to adventure, maybe. Quiet acceptance maybe. But certainly not that.

He'll cross the forge and move to wrap his arms around his wife, and then give her a deep, passionate kiss, "I would never say no that, Sia Memamosal."
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-16 at 08:42 AM.

20. - Top - End - #950

[The Forge]

"Maybe we could go on a short adventure, just you and me?" Cessie suggests once they pulled apart. "We just take whatever comes up first. Two old adventurers traveling side by side..." She suggests while warping herself around the half-dragon.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

Harnel grins, "Husband and wife, the ultimate pair. Nothing would be able to stop us." He stretches out an arm in a grand gesture, "Fighting for the future, for treasure, and for the sheer fun of it. Who knows what might happen?"

22. - Top - End - #952

[The Forge]

Cessie giggles at the very idea. It was tempting, but it was no way it was going to work, not even for a short time. "Yes, who knows?" She muses with a wide smile, it was time to give her dear husband something to think about. "I wouldn't be dressed like this of course, let me show you something." The half-dragon will feel, even within his own forge that the temperature is rising around him as flames start to rise around the sorceress, leaving the half-dragon (and even his clothes) alone. The intense heat is still there though, flowing in every direction.

But while his clothes are unharmed, Cessie's aren't and like a ghost they give up, turning to ashes which falls around her. This doesn't mean she's naked though, instead the flames form like new garments around her body, forming into a fiery brassiere and flowing long skirt with the flames opening up in the middle near her waist before falling behind her. The hemline is reaching down to the floor, extending beyond her until it raises up like a mantel of flames all around the mage.

Her old clothes are flying in black shreds all around her now, giving place for the flaming garments which he can feel aren't very substantial, they're just blocking the view. "Now this is a more proper attire for an adventurer, don't you think?" In her defense, she was going to get rid of that dress anyway.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

Harnel takes a moment to just stop and stare.

Wow.

That's just...

Wow.

"I must say, I approve."

24. - Top - End - #954

[The Forge]

The sorceress laughs, loudly. "That was the idea, besides, I always wanted to try that." Cessie replies with a mischievous smile. "You're the only person I can really try this with." She says while the flames of the clothes seem to lick her naked skin, raising into the air angrily. "Anyone else would have been burned by now."

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

Harnel happily runs a hand along her hips, sticking his hands through the opaque flames. It's very, very nice to not be burned by this sort of thing. "You look both very sexy and very powerful."

26. - Top - End - #956

[The Forge]

"And ready for adventure right?" Cessie muses with an raised eyebrow. "I was inspired of this dress from some images of female spellcasters. This seem more practical though considering I'm not worn down by this at all and can control it." The cloak of flames dragging behind her suddenly shifts behind her and starts to coil around the two like a tail.

She laughs again, "Not to mention completely inane."

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

"Inane can be nice sometimes," he says, "Either way I like the look, even if I know it's completely impractical. I'm done with my project for the day. Is there something you wanted to do?"

28. - Top - End - #958

[The Forge]

"Oh, I imagine this would be very practical depending on your definition of the word. Clothes you can summon at will that won't wear you down in any way. Not to mention they'll keep you warm much better then standard clothes." She replies, gesturing down at her fiery garments. "But as I said, I'd like to go on an adventure with you. Even if it's just a short one."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-16 at 12:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Forge]

Harnel smiles, "We'd need to find something to do with ourselves first, I imagine. We can't expect to just wander off and find some horrible mystery to solve."

30. - Top - End - #960

[The Forge]

"Hey, why not? It happened to me all the time. Something about how destiny moved around me." The sorceress replies, not that she honestly would go anywhere in these clothes. <.<

"But let's hear your suggestion then if you don't want to count on my luck."