New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo

[Front Door]

...Whence there came a knock unlikely to be heard before.
    A rap-tap-tapping of knuckle and wood
    from a traveler strange on the stoop he stood.
    Bearing a package of ceder core,
    A gnome, colorfully garbed, waited patiently for an answerer to the door.

A door once opened and a package once given,
    the wood fey returns to the wagon hence driven.
    Not a word offered or a phrase in clarity,
    though it would appear the package a gift or act of charity.

Should a curious eye look inside,
    a ruby key the box did hide.
    A key and a note of origin unknown;
    it's words a tale of curiosity though one might bemoan
    the lack of a full recount there seemed to be
    though it appeared was the reason for the key.

Though while this riddling rhyme is rather cursory,
    perusal of the text would set forth greater clarity.
    It alone, though, would not spur action
    so it was now firmly the choice of this smith and sorceress faction.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2013-01-18 at 02:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Front Door]

Cessie opens up the door and looks outside. She is however instantly suspicions of the package, the nexus was filled with dangers and packages showing up at your doorstep was definitely something she didn't like.

An earth elemental appears and lifts up the package and carries it away a bit before she closes the door again and assumes direct control of the being. The earth elemental with it's now much more slender hands will open it and look inside. It will give the key a curious look before starting to read the note.

3. - Top - End - #993

[Front Door]

The note appeared to be a letter of a sort. It spoke of ongoing research in pertinence to a collection of beings although it was rather terse on the details about them. Likely this was because the letter appeared to be part of a correspondence, as could be guessed after such a more careful reading, and thus such subject matter was likely already well discussed at this point. Aside from the usual conversational natter, the meaty subjects spoke of a relocation of some laboratory and for the recipient to take the key, which was really quite small, and acquire certain research notes from some well kept safe.

Though the tone of the letter was colloquial, the small spatters of ink and the unsteady hand appeared to indicate that either the person was a very messy writer or that this was written with a worrisome alacrity. On the back of the letter was an address although no name.

One odd thing, though, was that the paper was quite yellow for some reason. The color of which suggesting age rather than dye.

4. - Top - End - #994

[Kirin's Bed]

This reply entices from the energetic little zoogs fluting of a excitement. Long has it been since last a Dreamer walked through their forests seeking only to quiet their own curiosity. Always the Dreamers are hurrying through on this or that errand and spare no time to inform the zoogs of the goings on of the waking world.

To this end the furry tentacle-faced little creatures gather around Kirin and begin to ask of the Waking World and its fancies. For descriptions of its beauties and tales of its horrors. These things, they say, are a valuble commodity in the Dreamlands. For after all, memories and ideas are the very building stones upon which the whole of the Land is built.

Should Kirin choose to trade with the zoogs they will offer he a guide through their lands. Quite the boon, it must be said. For one never knows when one might encounter a swarm of zoogs hungry for flesh. Or worse still, a Mumerathe prowling the thickets of the Enchanted Wood.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin's Bed

Kirin will be happy to tell them a bit of the waking world. She will tell them what she knows of the Avatarion (leaving out things that might be Blackmail Material) and what the librarian said of it. If they can lead her to someone who can help with this mystery, she will tell them the recent headlines from inside!

6. - Top - End - #996

[Kirin's Bed]

Oh no.

No no no. This isn't the deal the zoogs agreed to. They have no interest in the figments of Kirin's dream. They will offer a guide and nothing more. All else the cat-girl will have to discover from other sources.

Take the deal.

Or leave it.

Those are the only options.

Continue on alone or go in the company of one who understands the perils and pitfalls of the Enchanted Wood.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin's Bed

Kirin apologizes; she misunderstood the deal. She hopes that this will not set them off, and is happy to share with them the information of waking world in exchange for a guide. Even a bit more than would be necessary, as she seeks to repair her reputation after that blunder.

8. - Top - End - #998

[Kirin's Bed]

This may be a problem. Kirin's presumptuousness has offended the zoogs. And though they're still willing to trade they now require reparations made for her slight.

A guide will accompany her, yes. But she must preform a task for the zoogs before she will be allowed to leave the Enchanted Wood. In the depths of Wood where the brambles grow blackest stands a great tree grown from a seed which fell from the moon. The sap of this tree the zoogs covet above all else, but sadly they lack the craft required to fetch it. The Moon Tree is a sentinel of the Waking World and sacred to the All Mother Shub-Neggroth. Only a Dreamer may harvest the sap.

Should Kirin be willing to fill a gourde with the sap then she will be safely accompanied to the edge of the Wood.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kirin's Bed

Kirin is more than willing to accept this task. If the guide will lead her, she will follow; or she will look for it herself if the guide will not lead.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Front Door]

The note appeared to be a letter of a sort. It spoke of ongoing research in pertinence to a collection of beings although it was rather terse on the details about them. Likely this was because the letter appeared to be part of a correspondence, as could be guessed after such a more careful reading, and thus such subject matter was likely already well discussed at this point. Aside from the usual conversational natter, the meaty subjects spoke of a relocation of some laboratory and for the recipient to take the key, which was really quite small, and acquire certain research notes from some well kept safe.

Though the tone of the letter was colloquial, the small spatters of ink and the unsteady hand appeared to indicate that either the person was a very messy writer or that this was written with a worrisome alacrity. On the back of the letter was an address although no name.

One odd thing, though, was that the paper was quite yellow for some reason. The color of which suggesting age rather than dye.
    [Front Door]

Cessie will likely hear the sounds of a a certain half-dragon coming down the stairs. Today, rather than the simple outfits he normally wore, He was weraing a towel around his waist, hanging under his tail. He'd fallen asleep in the bathtub, of all things, and the knocking at the door had awoken him.

"Who is it?" He asks, his scratchy voice projecting his sleepiness. of course, given the earth elemental who carried the package away, Cessie may not realize Harnel is there.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #1001

[Front Door]

Seeing it doesn't look dangerous, the elemental will carry it inside, breaking Cessie's trance. "I'm not entirely sure yet." She replies, letting the elemental hand over the note and the key the the half-dragon. "What do you think dear?" Cessie says as she looks over him, he looked pretty good in those clothes...

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

One hand stays on the towel as Harnel brushes some wet hair out of his eyes before grabbing the key, wondering what it is, "Any idea how this got to us?"

13. - Top - End - #1003

[Front Door]

Cessie shakes her head, "None, it had been placed outside the door when I opened it." She says while placing herself behind her husband, her arms around his waist as she draws in his usual smell of Cendarwood through her nostrils. She had gotten used to it by now, it was a nice smell. "It got me a bit curious though." She comments while giving his waist a squeeze.

((And now we wait for teru.))

Library==>Back to the keep

So it probably wasn't the plant itself... so it was something that used the plant. Something mobile perhaps? Something that was waiting for her that was using the plant as a bait. Well, if she couldn't find it here, perhaps she could attempt to track whatever it was.

Closing the books she decides to head back to the keep to see if she can be able to see any tracks around the area of the plant.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-18 at 11:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Harnel's Study

As Harnel enters his study he will find that the avatarion is there along with the items he requested for his adventure laying in separate piles on the floor. "Told you I could do it." It says with a smile as it flies up to him.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

Harnel grins, looking over the equipment, "That you did. Thanks for this; it means I don't have to hunt down proper equipment. Can mean the difference between life and death."

16. - Top - End - #1006

[Harnel's Study]

"Indeed. not to mention helping you grab some treasures am I right?" The little being replies as it suddenly lands on his desk. "But I'm starting to understand why gold isn't as important to you as flesh. Looking at your life, you always have had access to the first, but hardly ever to the second. Not the way you wanted it at the very least as ugly as you see yourself." It says, seemingly having an strange insight in Harnel's life. "So tell me, what did you do with those buttons Harnel?" It smiles.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

Harnel hooks a thumb towards the hallway, "I put them in a closet. Nobody's going to make use of them if they're buried under everything else in there, at least until I figure out what to do with them."

18. - Top - End - #1008

[Harnel's Study]

The creature chuckles, "What to do with them? They only have one very specific purpose beyond being buttons. Perhaps you should start giving them away?" It asks with a grin.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-19 at 08:08 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

Harnel chuckles, "Oh, now there's an idea. Give one to every woman I find! Eventually, every woman in the nexus would be humongous." He rolls his eyes, grinning, "What would you do with them?"

20. - Top - End - #1010

[Harnel's Study]

"Me? I would have no use them. I wear no clothes and I have no use for your flesh. Perhaps I would give them to someone else who truly desired them?" It suggests.

The avatarion then closes it's claws and opens it again, revealing on of the buttons Harnel hid away waiting there. "I'm curious though, if I, without your permission, would fly up and put this under your wives madrases, would you actually stop me?" It asks, looking at him curiously.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-19 at 08:16 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

Harnel looked at it for a long moment, "I'm not sure I would for certain. I probably would stop you now that you've stated your intentions so plainly though."

22. - Top - End - #1012

[Harnel's Study]

The avatarion laughs, "What? You aren't smart enough to figure that out on your own? As I said, this item have just one purpose only, the one that you so desire." It suddenly flies off the desk, button still in it's hand. "So are you going to stop me now? I'm going to fly up there and put this where I intended, where no one else will known about it but me... and you." It will then slowly start to fly towards the door.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

There's some conflict in Harnel, but his conscience gets the better of him, "Don't," He'll reach out a hand to try and grab the little creature of greed.

24. - Top - End - #1014

[Harnel's Study]

The avatarion smiles but stops once Harnel resists. "Curious." It then closes it's claw and opens it again. The button now gone. "But now the button is underneath your wives madrases and it will remain there unless you remove it."

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

Harnel frowns, "I'll just remove it when I go to bed tonight, you know."

Harnel himself wasn't sure if that was the truth.

26. - Top - End - #1016

[Harnel's Study]

"Why not right now? You just need to go up there, lift up the madras and remove it... hardly a feat for one such as yourself." The avatarion replies, looking at him curiously with it's one almost disturbingly human eye.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-19 at 08:36 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

"Why are you pushing me like this?" Harnel asks, "Testing my limits?"

28. - Top - End - #1018

[Harnel's Study]

The little creatures smile grows wider. "Curiosity mostly. I like to see what you're going to do now."

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

[Harnel's Study]

Harnel gives the avarition a hard look, "Well I don't like your little game. Stop it. I already told you I'll just take it away when I go to bed tonight."

30. - Top - End - #1020

[Harnel's Study]

"Oh, but are you really going to do that?" It asks. "You aren't doing it right now after all so your words feel less then reassuring. Perhaps you have been hoping for someone like me, someone that will fulfill your desire without you needing to feel bad about it. It have happened before, haven't it? But it got undone, so close to fulfill your desire and it got snatched out of your hands. You never wanted to do anything but you have nothing against it happening. This is what you want Harnel." The being declares.