New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mithar Keep II: Electric Boobaloo

[Entrance]

"Ah, Mrs Mithar. And here I thought I wasn't going to catch you. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Xavier Covington." He gives a short bow. "I had heard that you study magic, and your reputation paints you as a capable mage. I was hoping for the opportunity to study with you."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Entrance

Kirin takes a step back, letting the pair talk. Part of her wonders what Cessie did to get rid of the fey effect... more seeds, maybe? That would be a lot of seeds...

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Greetings Mister Covington, I'm glad to hear I'm actually starting to get a reputation." She just needed to be the leader of an organization in the nexus and have a seat in the council!
    "Perhaps we should discuss this in my study though? I haven't actually had anyone wanting to study with me before."

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Yes of course. Please, guide the way." Xavier gestures for her to do just that. But before he forgets, Kirin probably won't be accompanying them, right? "It was a pleasure to meet you, Miss Kirin. I do hope we get to speak again soon."

5. - Top - End - #1205

[Entrance==>Library]

Once Kirin have made her farewell, the sorceress will guide Xavier to the library which she now uses as her study. The lab really didn't work anymore and she was basically the only one using the library anyway.

She takes a seat behind the desk, the library window right behind her and gestures for him to do the same, an empty chair standing right in front of the desk.

"So, tell me about yourself mister Covington, how did you get to know about me and what are your previous experiences?"

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Barbarian in the Playground

Library
    Kari nodded.
    "Yes. I have no idea what it does, exactly, but it was made to hurt dragons by a guy who hated dragons with a passion...so it's probably gonna be really good."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

"I just heard about you through hearsay for the most part. You're known well enough by the populace for your position it seems. Admittedly, I never did find out much; just enough to make me want to investigate." Xavier explains. "As for my own experience, I've always found magic to be fascinating. Unfortunately, opportunities for proper study have been... limited. I'm afraid most of my knowledge comes from dusty old books, as my peers like to put it."

8. - Top - End - #1208

Library with Xavier

"Have you had any formal training at all, or have you just learned the arts on your own?" She still didn't like the term 'magic', not in her world and neither in the nexus. Anything here could be classified as 'magic' after all without saying much about it.

Library with Kari

"Hopefully." Cessie replies. "I'd be careful if I where you though Kari. Such powerful artifacts are usually forgotten for a good reason. Someone might not want you to have it." She warns before walking over to a section of the library, taking out a map. "But this is it. The map of riverside. The way there is described on the back. Just be careful with it. It's the only map I got of the city."

[Entrance]

The wolfrider will be meet by a gargoyle blocking it's path. It doesn't seem to want him or her to ride any closer to the building, staring threateningly at the rider.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

"Uh... I got a message? For Councilor Mithar?" the goblin messenger asks uncertainly. He wasn't told anything about unfriendly gargoyles.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Front Door]

"You can't eat the box dear. It could be meant for something. Aren't you at least curious where that key goes?" Cessie asks.
    [The Front Door]

Harnel just sort of shrugs and puts the box down, no piece having been broken from it, "Alright, but when we get to our destination, I'm totally going to ask to have it." He nods solemnly
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library with Xavier]

"I've mostly educated myself. I do have certain innate abilities that I think aided me in that, but otherwise I just did what I could to learn." Xavier explains.

12. - Top - End - #1212

[The Front Door]

The mage rolls her eyes. "Yes, you can ask if you may have it dear." Geez, he was really obsessed with that box, wasn't he?

[Entrance]

The gargoyle holds out it's claw, looking like it wants to take the message.

[After the meeting]

"Well, what is it like there? Is there anything I should bring? Anything I should think of? I know next to nothing about your world after all." Hestopia was like the opposite of it after all.

[Library with Xavier]

Cessie nods. "That's admirable. So are you looking to work here part time or would you actually want to move in like Kirin?" THhe sorceress asks. "We have room if that's the case. I'd have to talk to my husband first of course, but I doubt he would say no."

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

[After the meeting]

"Oh, well..." Sakura ponders. "Just remember that there's none of the usual comforts you're used to from Hestopia, and especially not what's around here. And people aren't as, I dunno, restrained?"

[Library with Xavier]

"Oh? Well, I don't have a place of residence per se. My people aren't known for our living accommodations... and the study of things arcane isn't especially profitable." Xavier drums his long fingers on his knee. "I wouldn't be imposing on you, would I?" It'd be nice to not have to sleep in a tree.

14. - Top - End - #1214

[After the meeting]

"Do people even have permanent settlements in your world? I honestly doubt everyone runs around naked though, or are they?" She sigh, sounding a bit concerned. "I'm starting to get a bit worried about this. More then I should have the right to be. You managed in Hestopia right?" She looks up at the dryad.

[Library with Xavier]

"Of course not, as long as you provide assistance I have no issue at all letting you stay here. However, it would be better to officially hire you as an assistance if you wouldn't mind. I'm going to warn you however, being my assistant isn't going to mean you will be able to experiment all the time. I might need you to do some mundane chores from time to time. But that's only if I really need it. It shouldn't be that much of a concern should it?" Cessie asks.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

The gargoyle holds out it's claw, looking like it wants to take the message.
    The goblin reaches out and hands the gargoyle the letter. He's not unfamiliar with automaton servants.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

[After the meeting]

"There are some settlements. Depends who you're dealing with. And some people wear some kinds of clothes. Lots of the time it's just not for covering up. You hear a lot about our world from me and Adir, and we're both probably the worst examples for both those things." Sakura giggles, trying to lighten the mood a bit. "And besides, it's just a trip, right? It's not like you're living there or anything."

[Library with Xavier]

"Of course, I would be presuming much if I thought I could live in your home and not contribute in any way." Xavier agrees readily.

17. - Top - End - #1217

[After the meeting]

"I know, but you know too how uncomfortable I'm with nakedness Sakura. I'm also a bit worried about Adir's family, I mean, I'm sure they're nice but we're from such different cultures. There might be a lot of misunderstandings is all I'm saying. Not that there is a reason not to go there of course, but I'm still worried." Cessie explains.

[Library with Xavier]

"Good, we can go through the exact details later. For now I'm curious about these abilities of yours that you mentioned. I'm working by a system of natural laws which are consisted with the world I'm from and try to through that gain a greater knowledge about things work here within the nexus." The sorceress explains. "So perhaps you should explain in what terms you understand these abilities through?"

[Entrance]

Garn would have been insulted being called that, but for now he simply waits for the wolf rider to leave before going with the message to his mistress.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

The goblin turns his wolf around and rides off. More letters and packages to deliver.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

[After the meeting]

"Don't worry, Cessie. I understand." Sakura assures her. "We'll just handle problems as they come up, kay? I know me and Adir will do the best we can to make sure you enjoy yourself."

[Library with Xavier]

"Of course. Allow me to demonstrate." Xavier rolls back the sleeve of his shirt until one of his forearms is exposed up to the elbow. "It's not clear at the moment, but I am a pixie. We produce a substance through the pores in our hands and arms commonly known as pixie dust. It can accomplish a number of effects when it's applied to something." The pixie shakes his arm a bit and some sparkly dust shreds onto the floor in front of him. Suddenly, the boards it makes contact with turn pure white in colour. "That is of course a very simple example; it can accomplish much more. The trick is, whatever the dust directly alters only remains changed for a limited amount of time."

20. - Top - End - #1220

[After the meeting]

"Yes, it would be great if you could talk with Adir's parents first. Give them some warning." The sorceress replies.

[Library with Xavier]

"For how long?" Cessie asks as she looks at the table curiously. She had meet pixies before but they never really struck her as people who would be very interested in how things really worked.

[Entrance]

And the gargoyle returns to his mistress, handing over the document. "Now what is this Garn?" Carefully checking it for magic first, the mage then opens it and reads it's contents.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-01-27 at 04:10 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Front Door]

The mage rolls her eyes. "Yes, you can ask if you may have it dear." Geez, he was really obsessed with that box, wasn't he? [/COLOR]
    [The Front Door]

Harnel grins, "Do you want to take it to the proper address now, or in a little while?"

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

[After the meeting]

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea. I'm sure they'll be really helpful." Sakura says with a nod. Or at least his mom would definitely be. Although reining in Adir's brothers might be wishful thinking.

[Library with Xavier]

"I haven't really been able to gauge it, honestly. Simple effects like this could potentially last for days, while other effects might only last for hours. I believe how much dust is used affects the duration." Xavier says with a bit of enthusiasm. He's glad she's taking an interest.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

[Letter]

The envelope and its contents are perfectly non-magical. Inside, there's a letter:

Dear Councilor Mithar,

I am enclosing more information about the Riverside temple to Dalachrech. I hope it proves useful. I have people in the Underside temple, so I hope to have information about that one too in time. However, I also recieved word that the Underside goblins are forcing them to move. I hope to get more details on the situation.

With regards,

Dipsnig Razortooth
    Apart from the letter, the envelope contains the floor plan of the temple, the profiles of the two head priests - Defelent and Omid - and a description of their weaponry, which is low-tech but magical.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Barbarian in the Playground

Library with Kari
    Kari nodded.
    "I will be careful with it, thank you."
    She bowed toward Cessie.
    "If you will excuse me, I need to go pack."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

25. - Top - End - #1225

[After the meeting]

"Hopefully." Cessie agrees. "Maybe I should talk to them directly. There must be some way of communicating with them other then actually going there right?"

[Library with Xavier]

"So you can cancel the effect with more dust? Or do you need to reapply a new effect or wait for it to fade before the floor will look the same color again?" Cessie asks as she keeps looking at the boards.

[Letter]

Hmm... she had to this to Wenomir and DC, together they could devise a plan what to do about this information. The sorceress sets out to return to WATCHTOWER.

Library with Kari

"Of course, I'd help you but I need to get ready for an festive event taking place. If it is anything though, you can reach me through this." She will hand Kari a necklace that will allow telepathic communication with the sorceress. "Be careful about it however, it's quite valuable."

[The Front Door]

How silly her husband were. "I suppose we could go together if it doesn't take too long time. We need to get back to the children soon."

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library with Xavier]

"More dust can cancel the effect, yes. I'm afraid I can't explain it all in a very thorough manner. Everything I know is just from observation over my life. There is precious little actual documentation on the subject." Xavier sounds like he regrets that that's the case.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Front Door]

Harnel is still grinning, "Right, then let's get this to its intended recipient and be back before dinner. Kirin knows what to do if we're delayed."

[Another Time]

Cessie will likely feel through the bond that she and Harnel share something absolutely undefinable, but undeniably intense. She knows he had just gone to the rift, so this feeling may be somewhat worrisome.

Harnel will immediately traipse down into the cache beneath the keep, where he keeps his treasure and piles of metals. Some of the breast shaped adamantine, a little helliron, a bit of mithral, Starmetal, white steel, iron, copper, tin, primordium, and palladium. And then he'll carry it all to the forge and lock himself inside. Likely before anybody can make heads or tails of what he's doing, though not necessarily.

28. - Top - End - #1228

[The Front Door]

"Fine, fine. You have to read the map though, my sense of direction is horrible." The sorceress replies.

[Another Time]

Curiously the mage will come and look what her husband is doing, but won't disturb the process in any way. She could empathize with the feeling after all, she sometimes felt the same way while working at the lab. So she won't try to talk to him until he seems to be done.

[Library with Xavier]

"Still, it sounds like it have a lot of possible applications. I'd love to help you document it's effects more thoroughly. In fact, why don't I show you the lab right now?" She suggests while raising from her chair.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

[Another Time]

The mood will persist for a long time, and will likely worry Cessie and Kirin. Inspiration of this magnitude isn't something that Cessie has ever felt coming from Harnel before.

He'll have locked himself away in the forge for six days before he's finally done, and from what Cessie can tell about his mood, none of that time will be spent sleeping, and only eating and drinking enough to subsist. She might try to interrupt him at some point if she wishes.

[The Front Door]

Harnel shrugs and looks over the map once more. Let's see here...
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-27 at 08:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1230

[Another Time]

Cessie won't let Harnel just toil away endlessly no. She will ask what he's doing eventually and then probably demand that he should at least sleep once in between. She will be quite firm on this point unless Harnel have some really good argument. If he don't, the half-dragon is in risk of getting on the bad side with his wife.