New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: 'Opportunity Knocks' IC.

@inexplorable" How late you are is very obvious to any onlookers. Your attempt to take credit is met with open laughter. A bard doing an impression of your arrival, by rushing to a group of children and comically toppling off of a mule

From a single glance, it can be seen their is no connection between this mans actions and your father. If not, their would already be a sign of reward on him, due to your fathers tendency to pay in advance to imply how wealthy how wealthy is.

Somebody in his employment would have already had time for some luxury, a new set of clothes, a ring or necklace, even a nice bath, but this man is wearing rags that are below even the normal standards of fisherman garb. If he was hired by your father, but not important enough to pay, he would likely have already had his throat slit to tie loose ends.

Everybody make a spot check. Commanded the Lord.
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

I just started playing D&D, and love the game

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.
    STR:14
    DEX: 8
    CON: 10
    INT:13
    WIS: 12
    CHA: 16

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

"I am August Tribolde, firstborn of Count Gerard Tribolde! And I'm not amused by your casual tone, monster, nor do I need to explain my actions or intentions to the likes of you." He raises his chin and one eyebrow arrogantly. "Still, your success in capturing the saboteur ought to be rewarded." He reaches into his coin purse and flips a silver piece at Sven's feet. "Well done..." he sneers derisively.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

((Spot check?))
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

A single silver? Does anyone want the silver piece? Cause I figure capture of a saboteur would be at least a couple gold pieces, since he did sink a boat that because of its size alone would have coated a fair bit of coin... I say trailing off and inevitably start just rambling to my self.

But, I heard the call for a Spot Check, so...

(1d20+2)[16]

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    You are quite possibly the best DM I have ever had.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

((Spot Check: (1d20-5)[2] ))

Normorn, seeing the stuck-up noble's behavior, nudges on the dragonborn's arm and comments:
    "Well, look at this *******."

6. - Top - End - #66

AssassinGuy

"Khal," the bird replies, sounding oddly like August. "And...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry." He finishes this statement with a cackling laugh you think is more natural to him than the mimicry he engaged in a moment ago.
    Drew

This is for everyone who squints hard at stuff in the hope they'll spontaneously develop telekinesis.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Spot check!
    (1d20)[7]

"Well, my name is Loch, and i'm the one who advised you of this guy. (also, dear prisoner, what'your name?) And this wolf is my pretty lady Faerydae, and she's often hungry."
    I grin in direction of the noble. "Nice to meet you, sir Latecomer, but why trade the chance of a pot of gold with a single silver coin? But you, despite you arrogance, can still be useful to us, we totally don't know anything of the nobles plot, in wich our saboteur can be involved".
    Last edited by Solipso; 2012-07-20 at 05:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Asmerv View Post
    ((Spot Check: [roll0] ))

Normorn, seeing the stuck-up noble's behavior, nudges on the dragonborn's arm and comments:
    "Well, look at this *******."
    I'm fairly certain his parents were married before he was conceived, as is usual for nobles... although, I am now realizing that your comment was aimed to show dislike of him... which reminds me, you should work on your aim... you could have accidentally hit Khal and made him angry... which now that I'm thinking about isn't so bad of an idea... you should shoot him with one... you know, just to see what happens. ((I'm to lazy to separate the 2 heads speech... so, I will just say that whenever there are ellipses that it is the next head speaking...))

Also, am I the only one who "might" pass the spot check?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

((It's an easy one, no high rolling required.))
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

August surveys the scene, clearly disinterested in the conversation of the commoners.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20-6)[-3]
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Nobody but the dragonborn notices the pair striding toward them. One of them seems to be a high ranking member of the royal guard/ He doesn't seem particularly happy either. He has a hand on his weapon, and his teeth are tightly locked. Accompanying him is a tiefling, which is quite odd considering...tiefling. He clearly hasn't been arrested, unless he's under the influence of magic to keep him behaved. He seems to be striding right alongside the guard as though they are cohorts, or even friends.

Augustus mistakes the pair for two of his servants playing noble. He is not pleased, and assumes they are wearing his fathers armor.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

12. - Top - End - #72

BlackDragon

Well hello... I would assume that you would like me to set this young man down... correct? If so, I would like you to know the only reason I am holding him in this way is so my other hand is free to rip out risk intestines... now, I realize you look angry as is and I would like you to know that I don't plan to rip his intestines out... well, at least not yet... I say while thinking about throwing the saboteur at the guard.

((Anyone have a problem with me throwing the captive at the guard?))
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-07-21 at 11:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

RedWizardGuy

"Who are you talkin.. oh. Yeah, we caught this guy, people."

((Do whatever you want! :D))

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Sighing slightly in experation and looking quite serious, the tiefling shook his head slightly. "It would be much preferred if you just let him down and let the law deal with him. You have done well to catch him: better not bring another charge of murder into this. Also, if you kill him, the guard will be short of leads to pursue..."

Pausing for a moment, the tiefling's eyes glare at the two-headed brute "but most of all, you will let him down because I say so. This is Demon Hunter business now."

15. - Top - End - #75

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Sighing slightly in experation and looking quite serious, the tiefling shook his head slightly. "It would be much preferred if you just let him down and let the law deal with him. You have done well to catch him: better not bring another charge of murder into this. Also, if you kill him, the guard will be short of leads to pursue..."

Pausing for a moment, the tiefling's eyes glare at the two-headed brute "but most of all, you will let him down because I say so. This is Demon Hunter business now."
    Certainly... I set the Saboteur down and pat some of the dust off of him... Demon Hunter? Is that to say you believe this young man is a Demon? I give the Saboteur a little shove. But, I can't help but wonder... What's a Tiefling doing with a guard? I say to the Tiefling. No offense to you, of course... I say to the guard.
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-07-23 at 04:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

RedWizardGuy

Normorn eyes the tiefling with slight contempt.

"Boo hoo look at me, I have horns so you will do as I say. First, we have this idiot.." says Normorn, pointing at the obviously late noble on his horse. "..and then we have you, the 'Demon Hunter'. Do you guys just come in pairs? Seems like no one can resist the urge to imply that they're a big ****ing deal."
    Last edited by Asmerv; 2012-07-23 at 09:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Asmerv View Post
    Normorn eyes the tiefling with slight contempt.

"Boo hoo look at me, I have horns so you will do as I say. First, we have this idiot.." says Normorn, pointing at the obviously late noble on his horse. "..and then we have you, the 'Demon Hunter'. Do you guys just come in pairs? Seems like no one can resist the urge to imply that they're a big ****ing deal."
    I'm not trying to defend anyone but, what you said makes you sound like either your trying to make yourself out to be a big deal... which you very well could be... or that you need a hug... I say opening my arms to give Norman a hug if that was the correct option...

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

The guard sighs, as if already exhausted by the group. "Thank you for apprehending the suspect. He was fleeing from a dinghy that carried an expertly made cannon aboard. He's clearly the one who sank Grassrunner's boat. I'll be taking him into custody. You will be rewarded. I can arrange for your rooms to be paid for." He says.

The captain pulls a length of silken rope and binds the mans hands. He then turns to the group and says with an amount of desperation in his voice, "Look, I'm going to be straight with you. This sort of political climate will stretch me as thin as is, but now every noble will need a personal set of guards. I need a group that pays jurisdiction to none and can follow any leads we find. This dirtbag obviously isn't working on his own." He said, delivering a swift kick the the attempted assassin's ribs. "Theirs no way he could have gotten that cannon and boat. Somebody hired him."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Making a sour grunt at the stupidity displayed so openly before him, the tiefling rubs his temple in tired gesture. "No, I do not believe that this man is a demon: I would know, I have some experience on the matter. The Demon Hunters dabble in things apart from slaying those monsters as well, although it is still our main priority... And currently it seems that I am needed to help with this investigation."

Glancing at the rest of the group, the ash-skinned figure sighs slightly, visibly trying not to lose his temper. "I think we started slightly on the wrong foot... Introductions might be in order. Gilead J'dir, Dawnblade of Demon Hunter order, at your service."

20. - Top - End - #80

BlackDragon

So, are you saying that I could get paid to track down and possibly kill the person who hired the saboteur? I say to the guard.

My name is Sven... Just Sven, I have no last name because it would be arbitrary... also, I like to cause peoples lives to be more painful for them... be it physical injuries or mental ones... I personally prefer the physical ones though.
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-07-24 at 07:40 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

I see an interesting opportunity to be in contact with the high powers of the nation right by here. Better to catch it while i can.
    I bow to the soldier, with a large smile. At my back, my wolf to the same, but with a larger smile full of fangs.
    "I'm happy to serve for your cause, and even more happy to receive a reward! I'm Loch Landerkin, healer, beast tamer, entertainer and tracker, and my arrows will hit every target you order to me. So, i presume we are dealing with some kind of rebels, do we know something more about them, or we should make our prisoner talk?"

22. - Top - End - #82

RedWizardGuy

"I said everyone, didn't I? Obviously that includes me as well, dragon-guy.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about the troubles nobles are in, but the general proposition sounds fun at least. Sure, I'm in. Name's Normorn, by the way."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Two other guards show up, and wordlessly take the suspect. The captain addresses the group as a whole. "If you'll hang around town till tomorrow morning, we'll have broken this piece of scum, and likely have a job for you. This will pay well." He sighs again.

With his off hand, he begins to pull a pipe from his belt, but stops halfway, as if now was not the time to smoke. "Money is no object. If I hire more guards, that means proper training, and they'll be called to cover the threadbare holes in security. With a group like you, I can use the word, 'axillary' or 'mercenary' so your not obligated to do anything but follow the jobs I give."

It seems the rescue workers were successful in retrieving Lady Grassrunner and her entourage, as the rescue boats can be seen returning to shore loaded with halflings.
    Last edited by newBlazingAngel; 2012-07-24 at 07:20 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

24. - Top - End - #84

BlackDragon

So, that would mean you don't want a hug... ok... I say to Norman, sounding slightly sad...

I can personally assure the death of anything you tell me to deal with... I say to the Guard Captain, sounding much happier.
    Last edited by Eric Scott; 2012-07-24 at 09:19 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

After cleaning his nails, August finally looks up and notices the teifling and the conversation going on with the group. He gives a blank stare for a moment when he hears the two headed monstrosity talking about hugs. Then changes his facade to an arrogant sneer. "Yes... of course," he says with a wave of his hand. "Is there anything more needed from me at the moment? If not, I should return to my father, Count Tribolde. I'm sure the assistance of the nobles will be needed during this tragic occasion."
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

"You're all free for now. Just be at the front of the inn at ten o' clock tomorrow morning." The captain said with a dismissive wave of his hand.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Understood, Captain" the dawnblade replies and even makes small, respectful salute at the soldier before looking at the group he is supposed to work with, at least for now. "Well, that settles things, I suppose... Where do you people stay currently? It might be prudent for me to seek lodgings now as well, given that I just arrived..."

28. - Top - End - #88

BlackDragon

I sleep wherever I fall asleep... sometimes I get a room in an inn... sometimes I just drink all night... I think I might be staying at the inn tonight though... I say just before flopping backwards onto the ground...

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

I can arrange for your rooms to be paid for." He says.
    ((Short term memory?))
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, we don't really have a place to stay for this night, but since the captain of the guards told he will provide to our needs...anyone knows the name of the best inn in town?"
    So speaking, i smile. I started the day without a job and no other companion than my wolf, and now, i'm on the road to get waterfalls of moneys and prestige.
    "Demon hunter, you say?" i say to new member of our group. "What interesting profession! What kinds of monsters do you hunt? The mighty giants? Or something more tricky like, say, the fae?"