New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Revolution IC

Jake Wallace

It worked! Understudy gave up possession of the servers quickly when faced with the electrical surge. Then he flees through a portal that was sure to close very soon. There was nothing more Jake could do here. He called out through his communicator to anyone who would listen.

“I’ve gotten him out of the systems. He ran out through a portal. There’s nothing else I can do here… Good luck.”

Jake, grasping onto one of the servers, reaches for the conduit he’d just cut. He then begins to climb up that conduit like a rope, heading upwards for the portal.

Spoiler
    Show
    My lame climb skill, because he normally flies! (1d20+5)[20] – I will hero point if I need to.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

~Jake~

As Jake exits the portal he arrives in Wharton State Park, looming visible overhead was the slowly descending station, flaming across the night sky in its descent.

Before Jake stands the Understudy, in his normal form, and when he speaks the Understudy seems oddly calm

"It was always coming here wasn't it.

You and I, a duel to the death.

Perhaps sometimes it would be Ashley, or Len . . .

But it was always going to be one of you. One of you kids that walked into that bank.

To the death then Jake.

Let's make it a battle they'll write songs about."

At that Understudy activates the Omnitrix.

Jake recognizes the alien form he takes. Clockwork.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Initiative!

Understudy (Clockwork Form): (1d20+45)[57]

~Robert, Len & Diego~

As Robert, Len & Diego loom over Freedom City they see the main street begin to flood as the sun finishes setting. In the darkness the only lights are cars, emergency helicopters and fires.

Then the trio see it . . .

Godzilla is attacking. . .

Godzilla, black in white, original version, circa. 1954, is attacking downtown Freedom City!

~Ashley~

Ashley stumbles through Wharton state park. Her brain is a little frazzled, she's never had to remain as electricity for so long while teleporting and its done a number on her.

The black cube has landed nearby and looking up at the sky she can see the station high above coming down. Isiah, she can somehow tell, is still inside.

Stumbling through the forest trying to think of someway to get everything back to how nice it was just a few minutes ago she notices a friend sitting on a rock sipping a Starbucks Iced mocha.

Death.

"Hey Ash, Land okay?"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-03 at 07:36 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

3. - Top - End - #423
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Waking up in a terrible condition, Ashley does her best to focus as she gets a look at what she missed. Based by the condition of where she is, not too much. Unfortunately seeing the Lighthouse come down from the skies is NOT something she wants to see. For a quick moment she turns on her walkie-talkie to see if any of her friends are on the line. "Jake? Len? Faith? Anyone here?!" She then checks her watch to try and get in contact Clark. She doubts either the walkie-talkie or watch works however considering how thorough the villain's plan is.

Ashley tries to think of what to do as she moves through the park. For a moment, she gets the feeling that she can understand what humans go through regarding metahumans; powerless to help and utterly weak compared to others. Removing those above you doesn't resolve the problem, but Ashley can almost get the feeling why Prometheus began Humanity First.

Right now however is a face Ashley did not expect to see for a LONG while. She notices Death right in front of her only a couple days from when they last met. Why is she hear now? Last time she met, she came to Ashley as sort of a side trip to bring someone's deceased soul back...

Ashley knew why Death is here. Her voice is shallow and depressingly admitting of the situation. "...Someone is about to die. That's why you're here..."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-09-05 at 11:39 AM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

A surprisingly thoughtful monologue… from a monster. Jake glances up at the station, speeding towards the Earth. It seems their duel would have a built-in timer. Jake’s brown eyes tear away from the station and gaze upon the Understudy. Such fire burned in his gaze.

“It only had to come to this when you murdered people. They’re never going to write songs about this. Because you’re going to be a footnote.”

Understudy transforms. Clockwork.. Aging, time travel. Okay. Let’s do this.

He hears Ashley come through his comm. "Wharton State Forest, I've got him!"

Spoiler
    Show
    LOL Initiative (not that it matters =P) (1d20+2)[16]
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-09-03 at 08:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Two Horns, Two Ears, No Nose Ring

"The Understudy? Damn. Knowing him, that flooding isn't going to be the extent of the-

Then Robert hears a sound. The sound of a leather glove being rubbed along the strings of a double bass, amplified by a thousand. He sees it, in the city. In all its black and white glory. Robert stares, his mouth agape at the monster.

"Peregrine. I think I'd like that sandwich now. It's not going to be available later."
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-09-03 at 08:17 PM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Flightless Bird

Diego looks down at his city in peril. He feels the urge to jump out and fly away to the barrio, protect his people... but his wings are clipped, and the primary threat is here. He looks down at the water running into the streets. "We'd probably do best to-" Then he covers his ears as the building shudders with a nuclear roar.

He looks out the window... and there it stands, the size of a skyscraper. Gojira, king of monsters.

"...Ay, dios mio..." Diego takes a few steps back into the office, looks around, and spots a computer on a desk. "Perdoneme!" He yells, pushing past a frightened civilian and grabbing the CPU tower. He rips it open with a talon and begins pulling out wires and circuits, beginning to do a patch job on his harness.

"We can't let that thing just wreak havoc, amigos. We have to do something or the whole city will be en fuego." He rips out a motherboard.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope

Len looks out over the city, feeling the footsteps of the legendary beast vibrating through the building. He flinches a bit as God-freaking-zilla lets out his trademark roar. He was also in black and white?

"What the hell is going on? I mean, giant monster - OK I get that - but why is it GODZILLA and why is he in BLACK AND WHITE?" Len says incredulously.

He steels himself and focuses again on the monster. "I guess this one's up to me eh?" Len says, and stands at the broken window. "I wonder if its really just a giant man in a suit?"
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

~Ashley~

Death nods

"Everyone dies eventually Ash,"

she glances over in the direction of the city and smiles

"Sorry, there's a woman thanking me over there,"

at Ashley's confused look Death explains

"Her daughter just drowned in front of her. I'm her proof there's something else, somewhere she can see her daughter again. She's thanking me,"

Death looks down at the grass as she leans backwards onto a tree trunk

"More people will die before this is over. This won't even be the worst. More is coming. I wanted to here when it happened,"

she looks up at the falling station

"When he tells you what is coming. When he says goodbye,"

she smiles again over at Ashley

"That's what friends do. They're there for each other."

As Death finishes Ashley gets through to Clark on her communicator watch

"-zzst Ash? Where are you? I'm currently going Mano-a-midget with the Rowdyruff Boys! Never heard of him? Evil Male Powerpuff girls! I S*** You Not! If I don't put these kids down soon they're going to level a city block! And I think I just saw a monochrome Godzilla downtown! What the F*** is going on? Is Quark around again?! Any Chance of an assist? I can't get through to the other F.L.I.ers! Tell Isiah I need back-up! Beacon just told me he, Synapse and Requiem are going toe to toe with some guy named Aku near Claremont! I don't even think that's all! We can't take all of this! We're going to be overwhel----- shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhst------ ugh *cough* Little super powered B*******. Ashley you okay? Get me through to Isiah, he's supposed to Operations Coordinator, why isn't he coordinating!?"

~Len, Robert & Diego~

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Robert going to try to Jury-Rigg a growth potion/gun?

~Jake~

Before Jake can do so much as charge Clockwork is in front of him winding back his fist . . .

Spoiler
    Show
    Clockwork/Understudy Attack Roll: (1d20+15)[21] On a Hit DC 25 Reflex Save.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 12:03 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

9. - Top - End - #429

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley goes to grab the black box right before Death responds to her. She listens carefully to what Death says. Ashley remembers multiple times how everyone eventually dies; she's come to accept that already. Yet it's still such a horrible thing to think about. Death's mentioning of Isiah only stings Ashley further. "When he tells you what is coming. When he says goodbye." Ashley remembers something; one of the previous Lords of Time, Neo, had done the same thing right before his own death... Neo mentioned something worse was coming right after he had killed Omega so many years ago. Whether he said it was Tyrannus, MetaTime, or someone else, no one knew. Yet... For Ashley, it feels like this is what he mentioned.

Just then, her watch went off as Clark responds. Many names that only sound vaguely familiar come from his words. In distress she responds frantically to Clark. "Clark! Please tell me you are nearby; All the power lines are down, I can only go on foot. I can't get to anyone from the FLI either. I'm... I'm fine. I'm at Wharton State Forest. King Jake Wallace is somewhere here too with the psycho who's causing all this. We need to find him fast. Isiah..." Ashley pauses for a moment. "...Isiah can't help. The Lighthouse is...!" She looks up again and finds herself at a loss for words. She needs to find both Jake and Clark fast... But there's no way she can do it on foot. It's just so hard to imagine how everything went wrong so fast.

What's more difficult to imagine is that it's only going to get worse. This feels like Event 84 happening all over again and Death only says it's going to get worse? Ashley looks at Death with an enraged look and lashes out. "Worse?! How can this get any worse? Take a look around you; we're in the threshold of Hell!"

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

~Jake~

Jake rolls to the side, dodging the temporal explosion of the first swing barely.

He thinks he's safe for the moment.

The second swing strikes his abdomen with impossible speed, too fast to dodge the subsequent green energy, the temporal tear, the blinding light. . .

Spoiler
    Show
    FOR JAKE'S EYES ONLY:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, I mean it this time too:

Spoiler
    Show
    Jake stumbles back and reaches for his sword and find its in the ash and dirt beneath his feet. His rapid steps kick up dirt and the air is thick with the smell of burning carbon . . .

Jake looks around at his new horizons and is horrified . . .

Then he sees something he does not expect . . .

Himself standing amid the ruins and rubble . . .

At his right is Hope, holding his hand in a fruitless effort to comfort him, to his left is Ava looking equally distraught, and a few feet away stands Len. . .

In front of the trio is a ten year old girl in a scarlet dress that Jake feels he remember seeing somewhere but he can't quite place. The eyes of the group are darting between the two Jakes and the little girl is pointing at the newly arrived Jake

"See! SEE! Just like you saw before! It was always coming here! HE was always coming here!

This is a fixed point in time. It was always going to happen.

It's time you accept it Jake. The lie.

In plain sight all this time.

That you've been running from for so very long!

Arthur wasn't the King of Camelot.

He was the King of ENGLAND.

But you have your ideals, stuck as a hero and not a king, and because of that we were always coming here. You saw a parliament here, a nation you weren't born a native of. You saw no right or reason to claims the lands that were yours to protect by destiny. So we had to come here, to this point. In the ruins of the capital. At the center of a city filled with millions of the dead.

The prophecy told you. The Sword, The Shield, The Queen, The King & The White Lady.

So now you decide.

To be the King as you were called to be, and resurrect this city with the White Lady, or to remain the King of an orphaned island nation, floating between realms, and have millions of souls weigh on your conscience just so you wouldn't have to bloody your hands,"
    finally she glances over at the younger Jake sent by Clockwork

"You will always come here."

What do you do?
    Loki Avatar by Me

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Fast! Clockwork is blindingly fast with his attacks, not because he’s agile, but because he can control time. Jake has to play a game of predictions, but that doesn’t work too well when you only have a split second to learn the enemy’s pattern. The first strike is dodged by a hair’s width, but the second catches him right on.

And he’s gone, if for only a split second. He’s gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Super secret.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I totally mean it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The next moment he’s standing in ashes. It’s a place he’s been before, actually. However, he doesn’t recognize it at first. All the destruction. Then he sees the Old Bailey, and Big Ben. The river is dry and the sun is all but blotted out. What horrors happened here?

Then he sees them. Himself, his wife-to-be, his best friend. The woman… Ava, with the life energy. And a little girl. He looks bewildered.

The girl speaks. As she looks to him, he realizes the speech is not for the future Jake. But for himself, here, now. She expected him to travel here in time and see this.

His eyes narrow at her implications. “What prophecy? What are you saying? Are you saying all of this is my fault? Because I wouldn’t be an INVADER?!”

He looks at himself, at Hope, at Len.

“There has to be another way. I never set out to be a conqueror!”
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-09-04 at 01:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

~Jake~

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't
    Spoiler
    Show
    You
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dare!:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The little girl walks towards Jake and motions for the others to remain silent

"Are you even listening?"

she shakes her head as she approaches the younger Jake

"This was always going to happen, no matter what you did. Your conscience precludes you from assuming your birthright until such time as it is a necessity to maintain your personal moral compass.

Merlin didn't want to tell you because he didn't think you were ready for what you had to do.

You had to see this, so you'd know it was coming and so you'd one day know it couldn't be stopped, that you needed to be King.

You can bring these people back, well Ava can, with your help.

All of them.

But only if you keep your oath. To lead and protect the people of this Empire, the oath you inherited from Arthur.

This is day is coming whether you choose to be the conqueror or not. It is and always will be a fixed point in time. What I am telling you is that one day you will have a choice between resurrecting these people and leading this kingdom, or leaving it like . . . this . . ."

she motions to her surroundings

"This isn't the end either. This Kingdom needs you to survive, you and Camelot are its heart. Deep down you know this. . ."

she looks down at the dirt

"Are you ready to go back?"

~Ashley~

Clark roars out of the communicator

"-zzzst- WHAT!? Where is He?! I'll get to you as soon as I can! These guys are tougher than they -SHHHHHZTTTTTT -"

The line goes dead

"When you see London you'll agree, Madrid, Washington and Berlin if they happen too.

You have such wonderful things coming Ashley, and such dark moments.

Oh such beautiful moments. . .

I wish I could help you."
    Loki Avatar by Me

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Spoiler
    Show
    Super secret.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I totally mean it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He sighs a shuddered breath. They aren’t asking him to become a conqueror. Not asking him to invade England to save it. But what the girl is saying is just as deeply disturbing. No matter what he does, these people will die. It’s only the aftermath he can control. But… he hates that reality.

“Why do they have to die in the first place? What’s so integral that it can’t be changed?”

Jake himself has never had experience with temporal matters. But he does know that fate is a real thing. His own existence proves it. He sets his jaw in frustration, looking out over the ruined London.

“They can come back?” He asks quietly.

"Yes."

He takes in a deep breath. He didn’t want to subvert nations. But if the only way to bring the dead back is to claim this land.

“I’ll do it.” He looks at his future self, fire in his eyes. “You’ll do it.”

He looks back to the girl when she asks if he’s ready to return.

“Am I ready to go back to a forest that’s minutes away from being impacted by a falling space-station, to battle a psychotic Supervillain from my teenage years who can transform into ten different alien creatures from a cartoon, all to try and save the millions of people in Freedom City?”

Pause.

He sheaths Excalibur.

“I was born ready.”

Before he can leave, the Jake of the future calls out to him, employing his powers on his younger self. "Hey Jake. Be fearsome."
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-09-04 at 02:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

"Clark? Clark?! Clark?!" No good, the watch goes silent as the line dies out. Almost as if it isn't a coincidence, Death speaks to Ashley right after. Why was she mentioning other cities across the world? "...No..." Ashley is now really in disbelief, practically screaming. "Don't tell me this is a worldwide problem. I don't want to hear that the entire world will crumble like this!" She is almost tempted to cover her ears with her hands. "Please don't... I can't save a world on my own. I'm not Clark, Isiah, or Dr. Dire." Ashley is pretty much ready to drop on the ground and collapse.

She tries using her walkie-talkie. "Jake, I'm at the park; gonna be heading to you." Silence follows. "...Jake?" There's no response. "Jake? Jake, not you too!" Another one of her friends had suddenly disappeared; how many more will she lose in this one day? "Len! Faith! Anyone on this frequency, answer me! I'm at Wharton State Forest; every power line and electrical device is down! I can't get anywhere as is!"

Ashley waits for a response from her walkie-talkie, watch, or from above; whichever comes first. Yet there was something that crossed her mind; her aunt and cousins. Slowly she looks at Death and dearly, coldly, asks, "...Have you seen Danielle, Sarah, or Marcia...?"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-09-04 at 02:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope

"You guys want a ride?" Len says to Robert and Diego, as he looks on at Godzilla. "I've gotta go fight the King of All Monsters before he wrecks the city." Len says.

Before he can leap to action, his comm crackles to life. Looks like Ashley is stranded at Wharton State Forest. Makes sense since there's no power for her to teleport through.

"Hey Ash, this is Len. I read you. We have a Godzilla situation over here that I'm about to go deal with. I can swing by and pick you up on the way."
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2012-09-04 at 03:37 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

~Jake~

Spoiler
    Show
    Stay

Spoiler
    Show
    Out!:

Spoiler
    Show
    The little girl steps forward and places her left hand on Jake's shoulder and her palm on his forward and then her eyes glow a bright white

"Home."

There is a flash of light and suddenly Jake reappears in the forest, only a few moments after he left except that now he is glowing with the golden magical energy of the royal voice. Fearsome and burning in the night like the station falling from above.

Standing before him on the other side of the clearing is Understudy, again in a new form . . . SWAMPFIRE.

"I'm impressed, not everyone comes back from a trip through time. Where did you end up?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Initiative again:
    Swampfire/Understudy: (1d20+13)[33]

~Ashley~

"No I haven't seen them Ashley, they're alive. Probably in Camelot where this attack hasn't touched, yet at least."

~Len, Diego & Robert~

Spoiler
    Show
    Once Diego and Robert give the all clear you can post heading to pick up Ashley.
    Loki Avatar by Me

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

The Wings Regrown

Diego fiddles with one last wire when *Bing*, a green light flashes in his helmet. He smirks as Len offers a ride.

"Gracias, esse, but I think I can make it on my own." He runs towards the window and jumps out, arms wide. He freefalls for a moment... then BOOM! He speeds towards Godzilla at Mach 1.

"COME ON DINOSAURIO, LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

~Jake~

Swampfire brings his palms together before swinging them apart creating a massive blast of flames that not only engulfs Jake but ignites the surrounding Treeline as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Area Attack; Flame Burst (Strike 11: Area (Burst): DC 26 Toughness, DC 21 Reflex save to halve the Toughness DC.

~Diego~

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Initiative:
    Godzilla Initiative: [roll]1d20+1[/roll] roll in OoC thread.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 05:28 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Spoiler
    Show
    Secret still!
    Spoiler
    Show
    It’s almost over!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jake’s own power influences his younger self. His eyes widen as realizations dawn upon him. The ghost of Arthur could shatter the Earth with his voice. What great powers could Jake do with his own? Even as the girl begins to touch him, he can feel the light within welling up.

“Thank you… for showing me this.” He whispers to the girl as she sends him back.

The next time he opens his eyes, he’s back, facing the Understudy in yet another guise. This time… Jake burns with the power of the One True King. Brown eyes watch the plant-based alien in front of him. In response to the Understudy’s question, Jake says,

“You’ll never know.”

Swampfire blasts fire all around, reducing this patch of the state Forest to a burning hellscape. But even as that wave of fire rushes over Jake, he stands unharmed.

“Should’ve picked Goku.”

The wings on his boots light up, and Jake charges the Understudy, drawing Excalibur in a flash of blinding light before trying to cut a diagonal gash into the Understudy’s chosen form. Best to hit him hard right out of the gate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Blinding flash! Two reflex saves: 20 and then 20/15 to not be blinded.

Then a charging, all-out power attack. (1d20+12)[22] – DC 30 no-save damage on hit.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-09-04 at 05:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+10)[19]
    Reflex Save 1: (1d20+12)[28]
    Reflex Save 2: (1d20+12)[17]

Hero Point to Jake to remove stun. Regeneration removes disabled this turn.

~Jake~

Jake cuts the creature down the middle and for a moment Jake feels . . .

Happy.

Then he sees the creature stitch himself back together. . . vines grow from his detached limbs and reconnect them to his body. . . he puts himself back together. . .

Understudy grins.

He taps the omnitrix on his chest and a moment later he is . . .

Then he is gone . . .

One moment he is there, the next he is not . . .

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[12]
    DC 35 Toughness Save on a hit.

~Diego~

Godzilla roars as he takes a swing for Godzilla but he swoops out of the way with ease!
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 08:25 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

21. - Top - End - #441

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley makes the attempt to relax as she realizes whatever family she has here is still alive; they may even be safe. "...Thank goodness," she says in a frightened, but relieved tone. Though she can't regain her composure, she tries to do her best. "I don't know what I can do, but I'm going to do something while the rest of the city is in such a collapsing state." Hearing Len on her walkie-talkie, Ashley picks up and responds in a more serious manner. "Thanks for picking up Len; I was worried I lost all of you by this point. If you can find me, pick me up. If you can find Jake, help him out. With any luck we'll all be able to take Godzilla together before the... Lighthouse comes down." Ashley really didn't want to mention that.

"...By the way, who the hell is Godzilla?!"

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Jake, Make a DC 23 Will Save.
    Hero Point to Jake.

~Jake~

Jake's eyes suddenly glow green. . . then fade . . .

Under-Jake glances at Excalibur drinking it in . . .

“Oh this is going to be very good!"

The Under-Jake swings Excalibur . . . a tear opens in reality . . .

And he steps out into the Oval Office.

The Commander-In-Chief sits up, there is a look of recognition and fear on his face . . .

The portal closes behind Under-Jake. A dozen secret service agents draw pistols on reflex and open fire.

Under-Jake smiles as the bullets ricochet away harmlessly

“Oh that's very, very good!"

Then men pause for only a moment as Under-Jake glances around room and spins slowly on the spot

“I'll Take It!"

The President sits up despite the man before him being obviously near invulnerable

"WHAT!?"

Under-Jake grins an evil grin with Jake's lips

“The Office, the City, The Nation, THE WORLD!"

~Ashley~

Spoiler
    Show
    Think this is just waiting on Len, so naught for me to say.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 08:54 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

"Ay caramba, big guy!" Diego ducks under the swinging arm of Godzilla. "Not too close, eh? Don't want to hurt the merchandise!" He ducks and weaves around the behemoth. There's not much he can do to hurt the big guy, but he can at least try to distract him...

He ducks into a dive, and scratches at the reptile's tough hide, before ducking away again between his elephantine limbs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, bear with my math.
    +4 from Defensive Strike. Going Defensive Attack for +4 Defense/-4 attack. Going full Power Attack for +5 damage/-5 attack.
    Diego's Attack, DC 27: (1d20+8)[12]

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

~Jake~

Jake roars out within Under-Jake and seems to vomit him out his body. He goes to swipe at him but sees, or doesn't see, that he's still invisible. . .

Jake sees the secret service men about to fire again, and hurried foot steps outside the office.

A.E.G.I.S. or some hero could be here any minute.

The President speaks up

"KING WALLACE! I THINK YOU'LL FIND AMERICA WON'T GIVE UP WITHOUT A FIGHT!"

Secret Service Men are trying to drag him out of the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+20)[38]

~Diego~

Diego's attack doesn't get anywhere near piercing the creature's thick monochrome hide. For the moment it seems to now ignoring El Peregrino and simply causing havoc and destruction as it rampages through the rapidly flooding section of the city.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 09:25 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

He immediately looks around, trying to figure out where the ghostly Understudy had gone. Oh hell, it could be in any one of these people. His options were limited. Then the President shouts at him.

“Whoa whoa whoa! I’m sorry, Mr. President. There’s a supervillain in here who possessed me. He’s still in here. Hope and Change, I love that stuff. I pre-emptively ask your forgiveness, but…”

“CEASE FIGHTING.”

Spoiler
    Show
    Forceful Speech: Everyone makes a DC 20 will save vs. LOVE. We’re going to ferret him out!
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-09-04 at 09:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[29]

Hero Point to Jake.

~Jake~

Jake is annoyed when Understudy doesn't make himself known but he's quite happy when he sees how cordial the President and his men now appear . . .

They're looking at something . . .

Jake slowly looks behind himself . . .

There's a television camera . . .

They just saw him. . . Understudy threaten not only the President but the United States . . . Then he brainwashed the President in front of them . . .wait . . .broadcast . . .

Jake swallows . . .

He just brainwashed the vast majority of the united states of America.

The President stands and walks over to Jake putting his arm around his shoulders with a grin looking at the camera

"Perhaps we can talk about handing over this office afterall! Ha!"

The President is grinning happily. . .
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-09-04 at 09:42 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

27. - Top - End - #447
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Get it, because he's a bull-man

"Peregrine, wait! You can't just-

Robert Asterion sighs and shakes his head. Was even Robert this bullheaded when he was young?

He scans the city and points. "Len get me down there. I think that's a lab, still above water. If I can get the right materials, I might be able to mix something to help us out.

He looks back at the black and white monster rampaging the city. "If you can get Ashley, do so. Our next best bet is pumping electricity into scaly. And with powerlines down everywhere, she won't be able to get into the city easily at all.

He closes his eyes as he waits for Len to drop him off. Closes his eyes and does what he does best. What he was born to do. What his father did for millenia before him.

Robert Asterion began to think.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling Knowledge (Tactics)

Tactics - (1d20+19)[35]
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-09-04 at 09:52 PM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

~Robert~

Spoiler
    Show
    The creature is distracted and walking around in a flooded area. Electrocution would be easy.

Other giant monsters could help keep him from fleeing from the wet zone where he can be easily electrocuted . . .

Keeping him cordoned off should be the focus, the more he moves around the more he spreads his destruction, the farther civilians need to flee to be safe.

His view is limited, and his attention and perception are minimal. Distractions and stealth are both effective options.
    Loki Avatar by Me

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Okay. Jake doesn’t have to fight the President and the Secret Service. That’s a good start. Oh, he was going to have to have twenty beer summits to repair this. Then he turned, very slowly… to look at the television screen. It was all he could do not to say something that would be bleeped out by Network Censors.

And the damned Understudy was still hidden!

“No, Mr. President. I would never seek to subvert the will of the American people or the Sovereignty of the American people. However, there is a villain in our midst right at this moment. He can possess anyone. Now, with the understanding that Camelot and the United States are and will always be good friends, let us join together to deal with this threat, and to save Freedom City.”

Blink.

“Cut the feed.”

When the camera is turned off, Jake cancels the emotion control. He braced himself… and just hoped that his speech had been good enough.

"Okay, sorry about that! But to be fair, you were shooting at me. He's still here in this room. He's trying to wreak as much havoc as he can, and I have no means of detecting him. Mr. President, I'm only here to help."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy (1d20+15)[29]
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

~Jake~

There's a marked improvement . . . They've stopped shooting.

The President is at his desk and flexes as his hands are pressed against the table, his knuckles turning white as he clutches the wood.

"Get. Out. Now."

The room fills with silence for a moment. The men are aiming guns at Jake again but they're not firing. Outside Jake can hear noises again.

What do you do?
    Loki Avatar by Me