New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Revolution IC

Len Cope

Cerebrus was stronger then Len remembered. Or maybe fighting 100 zombies at once took something out of him, but he just barely fought off the saurian's throw.

And that was all he needed to do. Len watched as Cerebrus retreated through a portal, and shifted back into his human form. "Running away so soon Cerebrus? Come back and fight like a dinosaur!" he yelled at the empty space where his foe was standing moments ago.

He turned to see Jake floating through the air with the greatest of ease.
    “Len! Head towards the areas of greatest resistance. Shadow’s behind this! Morgana, Rex—and Taurus himself! We need to end this now, before anyone else gets hurt.”
    Len nodded. "Yes sir! You can count on me!" he says, wry grin on his face as he gives a salute. He is startled as one of the nearby dinobots explodes, and standing in its place is a familiar face.

"Ash!" he yells. "Glad to see a familiar face! Hope you're ready to smash some bad guys!" he yells, before shifting into his flying Terrorsaur form, flying to the area with the greatest fighting.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

Something about Ashley just showing up on her own, mere minutes after the attack began, didn’t sit well with him. She was hiding something. He doubted that she was a traitor, though, so he accepted her offer to tag along.

“You’re a teleporter, but you don’t know these streets. Just follow our flight path visually and teleport where we stop. From where you’re at right now, you should have a good vantage point. When we’re there, protect the civilians. They are the top priority. Everything else can be rebuilt.”

Len grinned and gave the salute before he transformed into his Terrorsaur form. Jake nodded with a grin of his own and then shot off towards the heaviest fighting. “They never realized who they were messing with.”

The sight of Jake and Len flying into battle was one Ashley had seen before. But this time, it was far more impressive. Sure the two had been best friends in high school, but now they were well-trained, powerful warriors.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-21 at 01:15 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Rycon looks up to the transformed Len. "Trust me Len, you two don't know how great it is to see you both again! Once we get this mess fixed, we need to catch up on everything that's happened since graduation!" She got the feeling Jake isn't buying her story easily. She always has been a terrible bluffer after all.

Watching the two ride into battle is an impressive sight. Like Ashley, they've become quite the warriors now. It means that she couldn't afford to let them show off if they wanted to see how much she has grown! Rycon quickly teleports where the field of battle awaited close by the King and his mighty steed. While they fly into combat, Ashley looks for any trapped survivors nearby. It'd be best to get them out of this area while the three heroes are around.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley Culdis, Jake Wallace & Len Cope’s Stories:
    ‘The girl who died’, ‘The King In The Skies’ & ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’

United the trio arrive in the city center, surrounded by the machine dinosaurs and watching as heroes fill the night sky. Some who had travelled with Rycon, others who had come from the city below, seeing not a international incident waiting to happen but instead people who need the help of heroes.

As the King of Camelot, the Lightning Goddess Rycon and the Mighty Saurian Rex Sauros stand together taking on all comers the scene becomes the stuff of legend.

Robot Velociraptors clash with knights atop the parapets of half modern castles floating high of the bay that sparkles in the fire and moonlight.

Suddenly a weak and frail advisor, Merlin, races from a nearby tower towards the trio falling to his bloody knees at the King's feet, he has obviously taking a beating and used most of his energy to get to the King as fast as he could. Explosions, roars and gunfire force Merlin to have to shout to be heard even a foot from the King and his allies

"My King. . .ugh. . . You need to flee. . . take as many as you can. . . You need to flee . . . as far and as fast as you can . . you can't fight what is coming . . . Your friend Robert's father. . ."

At that Rycon speaks up

"We can defeat Taurus."

As Rycon speaks a shadow falls over the entire city as something seems to block out the moonlight, and Merlin's face drops

"It won't be enough."

The team looks up expecting to see something and only seeing stars. . . wait are those. . . lights? Then lights flick the darkness into light and an eagle behind one word can be seen in the night sky.

A.E.G.I.S.

The A.E.G.I.S. Helicarrier is floating over Camelot. It seems someone up there cares more about helping people than an international incident too.

In a series of waves A.E.G.I.S. Rapijets start deploying agents to and rescuing civilians from the chaos. One lands near the trio and Merlin and deposits a very particular package.

A minotaur in a tweed jacket and a blonde girl in a A.E.G.I.S. Agent jump suit. Kismet & Professor Minotaur.

Five out of Five, but we're not done just yet. . .

Faith Winters & Robert Asterion’s Stories:
    ‘The Agent’ & ‘The Heir Apparent’

Earlier that day. . .

Didn't take long for the A.E.G.I.S. back up to arrive after the fire started, and with the help of the local fire department they managed to stop the flames from reaching any of the other apartment blocks nearby. Thankfully no one else was hurt. . .

By the time Kismet got in to survey the scene whatever files about be about the wall had been obliterated. Nothing was left of the complex web of conspiracy that she had seen on her way in. And of Night. . . skeletal remains with a scorched coating that stank. It was one of the worse things she had ever seen.

Robert was obviously held for questioning but it became obvious it was a case of wrong place right time. In fact he was still with A.E.G.I.S. when the agents hiding amongst Camelot's populace reported the attack. Knowing Len & Jake were in danger and with A.E.G.I.S. not really caring enough to redirect resources to contain him or drop him off just yet it was easy for Kismet to swing it that a technical F.L.I. member, due to his Claremont education, be allowed accompany her to check out the attack.

A.E.G.I.S. forensic inform Agent Kismet that the Night's autopsy report will be ready in the morning. Even with the Helicarrier itself deployed A.E.G.I.S. still didn't seem to stop doing its job.

Kismet & Kid Minotaur loaded into the same Rapijet to be deployed. . .

Diego Torres:
    ‘The Sixth Ranger’

El Peregino, or Peregrine, was flying over Freedom City on a night that for all things seemed a little boring. Not being a member of the F.L.I. yet he didn't get the instant tip off to crimes or muggings which meant most days when he popped up for anything big someone from the F.L.I. had already swooped in. Which was okay since people still got the help they needed but it did get annoying after a while. . .

That night when the Peregrine flew in low over the bay he saw Camelot. . . and realised that he may have just encountered a situation that couldn't get enough heroes. . .

Portals opened around the base of the island to catch people falling and leaping off the island, mostly running in fear of what appeared to be robot velociraptors and tyrannosauros rexes. Above the city was what appeared to be a flying aircraft carrier marked with the A.E.G.I.S. symbol.

As the Peregrine flew in closer to see what he could do to help he came in over the city center where he saw a man who he'd been seeing on TV for weeks, King Jake Wallace of Camelot. Beside him was what looked like a lady scientist with a thing for electricity and a dinosaur, non-robot, creature. Near the trio was a hurt old man in a robe with a wooden cane, a blonde A.E.G.I.S. agent and a Minotaur in Tweed. . .?

Ashley Culdis, Jake Wallace, Len Cope’s Stories, Faith Winters & Robert Asterion’s Stories:
    ‘The girl who died’, ‘The King In The Skies’, ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’, ‘The Agent’ & ‘The Heir Apparent’

Now we have a party.

Agents agents fire off weapons alongside the outnumbered Knights. The robo-dinos seem almost without numbers and in the last few minutes they've gained unlikely allies. . . dead knights, agents & civilians have started to rise as zombies to aid the army psychotic robotics.

The team fights from the central position of city center, battling wave after wave of robot saurians and Zombies, sword wielding knight battling shoulder to shoulder with gun toting agent.

It is than that things truly get started. . .

All that is heard at first is the sound of distant thunder, few notice it over the explosions and Rycon's own lightning, but everyone sees what comes next.

The symbol of A.E.G.I.S. on the underside of the Helicarrier explodes into millions of shards as something shoots through the Helicarrier like it was barely even there. Smoke and debris fills the air long enough to give some part of the city's battle pause.

When our heroes look up into the sky they are shocked into silence by a being who had been dead before some of them were even born. . . except it's not that man, but someone much much worse. Something they realise only a moment later.

In the sudden quiet only one voice is heard, Merlin's

"I tried to tell you my King. . . ugh. . . but you didn't listen. . . it is his father! The child of Omega, his once weapon and right hand. . . ugh. . . his father, THE ALPHA CENTURION! "

Flowing down from behind the Alpha Centurion to attack other parts of the city are the rest of the New Crime Syndicate, Baron Samedi, Morgana, Ragnarok, Blitz III and Cerebrus Rex. Soon they are scattered among the city streets and only the Alpha Centurion remains floating over the city Center.

When the Alpha Centurion finally speaks it is with a presence that is singular in menace, foreboding and grandeur

"You Know Who I Am.

Kneel. . . or Die."

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll For Initiative

Alpha Centurion: (1d20+5)[19]
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-21 at 01:04 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

The fighting is furious, but the three are prepared. They were part of the Claremont Knights once, so they know well how to work together. Jake shouted and slashed, felling enemy after enemy with his glorious blade, Sauros showed sheer physical might to rival the gods, and Rycon used a literal force of nature to carve swaths through the robot armies.

Heroes poured in from all over, coming to Camelot’s aid in its time of need. Jake was grateful, but his gratitude had to wait. There was work to be done.

Merlin arrived, bloodied from the earlier attack. Jake leaned down and helped Merlin up, shouldering him. The tidings were grave… He asked Jake to flee.

“Merle,” he said, calling the old wizard by the name he’d used at the summer camp those years ago, “The only way I’m leaving this island is if he kills me and throws my body into the Bay.”

He held Excalibur close to Merlin, and a golden light flooded over the wizard, healing his wounds.

“You go. Evacuate all non-combatants. As your King, I command it.” The last part was spoken to drive home the fact that Jake wasn’t leaving.

He looked up as everything was cast into shadow, to see… the AEGIS Helicarrier. Normally, he’d be livid… but the circumstances justified the breach of airspace. And what’s more…

“Robert! Faith!”

He gave a momentary smile, but his eyes did not match it.

“I hereby authorize all foreign forces to engage Camelot’s enemy on this day. Now… it’s legal.”

The fight resumed in earnest, but not for long. The Helicarrier was demolished, torn through like a sheet of paper at a football game. Merlin reveals the flaw in Jake’s understanding. Taurus was one thing… but him.

Jake’s eyes narrowed. He felt a sickness in his gut. That thing.

The King stepped forward and shouted out in his own clear voice.

“I am Jake Wallace, the Sworn Protector of this land! And I tell you this, now. If you want to seize this land… you’ll bleed for it.”
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-21 at 01:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

At first Rycon is a little worried. Even with the three of them, odds are much less than appreciative. Merlin's little rude speech does not help. Even after Rycon's confident words and the very useful backup, there is something off here... Wait, AEGIS? It took Rycon a moment for her to recognize the blonde hair female agent, but it is Faith. Not only alright, but an upstanding member of AEGIS.

...And that person

...Next to her

"...Robert!"

In an instant, Rycon moves up to hug the minotaur who she hasn't seen for five years. So long it has been and now the five are reunited. Her face sprouts tears of joy as she keeps herself from crumbling into gibberish. "Why... Did you... Come back now?" A moment later she comes to as she remembers the situation. "Wait... Sorry, I forgot we have a battle to win! Robert, Faith, let's fight just as we did in our Academy days!" Rycon looks rejuvenated by the appearance of her old classmates as she prepares to charge. An explanation for everything can wait, right?

Not long enough.

Moments later Rycon sees her foe in the distance that she fought earlier today. Many others were with her foe, a few of which she really wishes she hadn't seen before. The worst is Robert's other father, Alpha Centurion, not the original like everyone thought. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" This definitely looks bad, almost as bad as the time Rycon got killed. If any time is good to explain everything, it's already passed

"...Damn it, I wish I told you all earlier. She narrows her eyes on Alpha Centurion, undoubtedly terrified just by his appearance. Rycon felt very sick right now. It probably wouldn't have helped much, but she wishes that she had notified Clark somehow about everything.

Her legs stopped shaking as she sees Jake call out to the leader... She got the feeling on how this is going to end and there isn't much to do aside from resist as much as possible. She walks up beside Jake and calls out to Alpha Centurion as well.

"I'm not going to surrender and watch this world crumble. I'm pretty sure some of you agree as well. If you want my life forfeited, I refuse to go down again in anything but a blaze of glory!"
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-25 at 09:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97

Len Cope
    Dino-Knight

The battle was hard fought. Block by block, street by street. Nothing was given easily. The AEGIS Helicarrier gave Len hope, more so when Robert and Faith added their might to the battle. He gave them a toothy grin as he renewed his efforts and tore into the enemy.

Things changed when the helicarrier was shredded. The new crime syndicate, led by Alpha Centurion. Things were taking a turn for the worse. Len saw Jake moving to make a stand.

“I am Jake Wallace, the Sworn Protector of this land! And I tell you this, now. If you want to seize this land… you’ll bleed for it.”
    Len followed his best friend, and stood ready to fight. As if to punctuate King Jake's words, Len breathes deep and lets out a deafening roar.

This is it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Len is still in Armored Rex form.
    initiative - (1d20+7)[12]
    Thog fan 4 life

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres
    "The Sixth Ranger"

Diego soared leisurely through the city skies, ducking between buildings and waving at pedestrians, friendly neighborhood falcon. "No worries, Dina." He chatters into his helmet's Skype app as he pulls out of a nosedive. "I can swing around to help you with your Lit paper. Things don't look too busy for me tonigh-" As he crests the buildings, he sees the lightshow that is Camelot and freezes. "Nevermind, amigo. Something just came up. Afraid I'm gonna have to take a rain check." He hangs up the call and adjusts his harness, before shooting past the rest of the city at half mach one.

He pulls up next to Camelot, scanning for what he could see to help with. He zoomed in on the individuals on the ground. A lightning user? An A.E.G.I.S. agent? An actual dinosaur? And who's that, is it- The King of Camelot himself?? Plus a Minotaur with highly questionable fashion sense to boot!

Okay, they looked harmless enough. Or, well, harmful, but on the side of the angels. There's an A.E.G.I.S. helicarrier, and hordes of... robotic dinosaurs. And zombies. Robodinosaurs and zombies. Diego hovers there for a moment, mouth hanging open, before "That is so..."

"...Buenisimo!" He pumps his fist in the air. "Robot dinosaurs on a flying castle! This is so totally awe-" He hears a crash as a man pounds through the A.E.G.I.S. ship, lighting the scene in fire. "Oh. Mierda. Not the only one keen on crashing the party."

The Peregrine dives down towards the fighting at his full speed, allowing his headboard computer to scan its files for any information on Alpha Centurion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+8)[20]
    Well-Informed Check: (1d20+12)[17]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Robert Asterion, the Heir Apparent

Robert Asterion leaps from the rapijet and... lands on a robotic stegosaur that was lurking near a few familiar faces.

*boom!*

"Hey Jake. Len. Ash..."

He picks up a the metallic thagomizer and uses it to swing at a velociraptor

"-ley"

It was amazing to see how they'd grown. A king, a knight, the goddess of lightning... but catching up would have to wait. Business now.

Together they fought, tooth and nail, to hold the line. Alongside heroes of the Freedom League, aside knights of Camelot, aside agents of AEGIS. In another age, poets and bards would have sung the praises of this battle.

It was all coming back. Few words exchanged between the five friends as they fought, but they fought together like they had never been apart. A concert of fists and steel, claws and lightning. There was hope here and then...

He arrived. The Alpha Centurion. With the Crime Syndicate in toe.

Robert curled his fists once again. His father... the Alpha Centurion? He shook his head. No time for speculation now.

He watched as his friends yelled words of defiance, roared ready. But he knew... any one of the Crime Syndicate would be a battle hard fought. And together... they would destroy the city, even if the Alpha Centurion could be survived. The ranks of the undead and the machine were unlimited, their leaders spreading chaos and destruction... the city was lost.

The minotaur looked to Jake.

But Camelot is not

He grabs the King by the shoulder.

Jake. Listen to me. This city is going to fall. Don't argue. It is. Let's say we somehow survive the Alpha Centurion, you've got the Crime Syndicate and endless zombies and dinosaurs pouring in. One way or another, this floating rock is coming down.

But Kingdom of Camelot is more than a castle in the sky. The Kingdom lives in every knight fighting for king and country. The Kingdom lives in every refugee, every expat, every person who was brought to this island of dreams. And, most of all, it lives in you, King Jake. For it was your vision that brought all these people together, your will that keeps the Kingdom afloat, and your dream that drives them forward.

So, call a retreat. Get out of here and bring as many as you can with you. This city will fall, the kingdom might live. Your people need a leader to lead them, not a martyr to die senselessly here. The world needs Camelot and Camelot needs you, Jake Wallace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20)[10]
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

Robert made a touching speech. And Jake appreciated why Robert was doing it. His friend’s sentiment was touching. But it ran counter to everything Jake felt in his heart. His honor demanded more than flight. His brown eyes shone brightly, even though he knew full and well that by staying, he would most likely die.

“Robert, thank you… but I can’t. I won’t.”

Without any gestures, he continued, “Look around you. The people have not evacuated yet. My knights and my police forces are still out on the streets trying to stave off this attack. And I’ll be damned if I save myself and leave them to die.”

He turned from Robert, once more facing Alpha Centurion. More likely, facing his own death personified. Maybe Morgana was right. Maybe it was always leading up to this. If so, he’d meet it with his head high.

“This isn’t your fight,” he said, referring to Robert, Faith, and Ashley. “You can go. But let it never be uttered that the King was not willing to die for his people. Let it never be said that I abandoned them in their darkest hour.”

A moment of silence.

“Tonight, I save them or die trying.”
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Just waiting on ChronicLunacy to post than I will.

Also Well Informed Check result:
    Spoiler
    Show
    DC 10 The “Alpha-Centurion” was a duplicate of the Centurion who posed as the dead hero and fought the Freedom League twenty years ago.

DC 15 The Alpha-Centurion was never captured or brought to trial and is not held in any known prison. He seems to be one of the many villains the Freedom League has “taken care of” on their own. The authorities choose to take their word for it.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-22 at 06:02 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Faith Winters

"They killed Night. Shot her, stabbed her, beat her, and then burned her alive. You saw her scorched bones, Cowboy." Faith spoke up. She had the head of one of the roboraptors under one arm and was carrying it casually as one might a basketball. She let it drop down to her knee, where she bounced it back up, spun on her other heel, and kicked it into the face of a zombie that had been shambling toward them.

When the helicarrier had arrived and the rapijet deposited them in the battle, Faith had slid into it effortlessly in a counterpoint to the way Robert had started to smash his way through. She flitted underneath tails and sweeping arms, flipped over snapping jaws and under lunging zombie arms like some sort of choreographed dance. As she passed, her arms flashed out, slicing hamstrings and burying throne daggers into eyeballs. The enemies she avoided stumbled into each other, T-Rexes taking out their own zombie allies and roboraptors jumping off of the side of the floating island trying to tackle her.

Then the Alpha Centurion came and her AEGIS coworkers died by the score as the helicarrier was damaged, possibly destroyed. The Alpha Centurion and the new Crime Syndicate joined the battle, throwing the outcome into question.

"There is absolutely NO WAY they are getting away with all of...this!" she threw her hands up. "Let's go kick their asses!" she urged in response to Robert and Jake. "By the way, nice to see you guys again..." she shook her head ruefully.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

13. - Top - End - #103

Robert Asterion, The Heir Apparent

"And we're not going to!" Robert snapped back desperately "A strategic retreat is not the end. And we can't do anything if we..."

He looks around at all his friends. Grim, determined, ready to...

"die."

He shakes his head. There would be no convincing them to stop this, not in time for anything, anyway. He turns to face the Alpha Centurion.

" And I thought I was bullheaded" he says with sigh.

His mind races, trying desperately to figure out a way to keep them all alive.

14. - Top - End - #104

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Though she was determined before, Robert's speech made Rycon think twice on the situation at hand. "Robert..." Her voice is clearly filled with worry, hesitant on what to really do. "Jake has a point, if we leave now, we leave the lives of thousands of Camelot's citizens to their death. If we fight, we can stall these villains long enough to save many from these horrors; hundreds, maybe even thousands... But then our deaths are guaranteed and... Damn it!"

Ashley stomps the ground in anger. "I... If there was another way we all could escape without sacrificing all these civilians, I'd take it without a second thought. But I don't know a way we can do that. She looks at Jake and Len with sorrow and hurt eyes. "...My only other plan is that you, me, and Faith leave to rescue who we can and get out, consigning The King and his faithful knight to their deaths..."

Ashley looks at Robert, seeking his opinion in desperation. "I don't like that plan at all, but it's the way I know of. Jake and Len can hold them off better than we three can and at least more lives will be saved... But I can't do it unless you agree... And I'd like Faith's opinion too. Unless either of you have another plan." Ashley had a feeling that Faith will not have any other way than Jake's way. The agent seems so riled up over Night's death... And Ashley is horrified of what happened. Burned to nothing but scorched bones? That isn't natural fire at all. That's... Almost like what happened with MetaSoul...

Oh no...
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-22 at 02:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tactical Advice from the wonders of Robert's head:
    Run.
    Wait we're not doing that?
    Run FASTER?
    Seriously? Okay, give me a minute. . .
    No time to build anything without a distraction, no known weaknesses, and he's faster and stronger than all our allies. . . Run?
    Still a no. . .
    Well in theory getting rid of him could work? Teleport maybe? But Rycon's powers require a medium and there are none that connect the island to the main land.
    Hmmm. . .
    If only Kismet had access to any of old absorbed powers this would be over in a second.
    The team could try a combined attack in an effort to overcome his near invulnerability or an effort to goad him into a chase to draw him away from the city, but even then he'd catch up to anyone of them in a second. . .

Without Rycon's teleport even fleeing means the team is likely to be run down like dogs.
    Loki Avatar by Me

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Default And There Were Six. . .

Ashley Culdis, Jake Wallace, Len Cope’s Stories, Faith Winters, Robert Asterion & Diego Torres' Stories:
    ‘The girl who died’, ‘The King In The Skies’, ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’, ‘The Agent’,‘The Heir Apparent’ & ‘The Sixth Ranger’

In the face of the end, in the face of power unstoppable, the six were finely united, on one battlefield, on one night, on one world.

"Then So Be It."

The Alpha Centurion surges forward towards the King of Camelot and his allies as he raises Excalibur, out of the corner of his eye he sees a girl in a night dress stumble through the wreckage with ochre and scarlet eyes and ivory hair amidst the chaos of battle. She seems terrified, of the battle and for Jake!

"KNEEL!."

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+14)[16] Vs. Flat-Footed Jake Wallace.

All Out Attack +5/-5
    Power Attack +5/-5

On a hit DC 40 Toughnees Save for Jake.

Jake's flat-footed so it should still be a Hit.

Edit: Forgot to mention the +14 includes +2 from charging.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-22 at 05:44 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

Jake knew it was coming. For some reasons, the big guys all like to try and shut him up. Jake had not drawn Excalibur again (important), but his stance was defensive, ready to receive the incoming blow. As Centurion came rocketing towards the young King, he let out a battle cry.

There was a deafening shockwave as the god-like might of Alpha met the protective magics of the Scabbard of Excalibur.

Jake was hammered down by the blow. The ground beneath him caved in, and the island itself shook beneath the might.

When the dust had cleared, and dusty it was, Jake was still there, looking up at his hated foe with a fierce look in his eyes.

“You’re not Zod.”

Jake quickly drew Excalibur from its sheath, letting loose that blinding light in a desperate effort to hinder Alpha.

Once it was free, however, Jake called out.

“As the rightful King of Camelot, Protector of its lands and peoples, I call upon the oaths of every knight of the Realm to ever draw breath. Rise from your slumber, brave warriors! Heed the call and rescue your people!”

Excalibur glowed bright. And it grew brighter, and brighter, and brighter. The light itself called men back from the dead. Brave men. Men of honor and valor. Suddenly, surrounding Alpha (and dispersed throughout the city) were ten thousand spectral knights, all shouting in unison:

“FOR THE CROWN!”

Spoiler
    Show
    HP from CL to cancel stun. Taking a fatigue and doing a full round action to power stunt: Independent, Total-Fade Summon Horde 6; Flaw: Action (full round); PF: Slow Fade (2), Progression 12

Part of them will evacuate people. Part of them will fight the Syndicate. And at least one to two thousand of them will aid us against Alpha. (Using aid actions on our defenses and attacks). The ghosts are selectively insubstantial, so while they cannot typically be attacked, they can attack and affect corporeal creatures.

EDIT: Also, free action to draw. Two reflex saves for Alpha. DC 20 ; then 20/15. He's blinded if he fails the second.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-22 at 06:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    To not make that insanely broken the army gives a blanket +2 to everyone's attack, defence, Toughness Saves & Toughness Damage.
    Loki Avatar by Me

19. - Top - End - #109

Robert Asterion, the Heir Apparent

"Oh my scrolls and mazes..."

The Professor Minotaur looks up in astonishment as spectral knights of every era and age ascended into the sky and scattered throughout the city, swirling around howling their defiance.

He looks at Jake, standing in a smoking crater, sword stretched out. For the Crown indeed.

The minotaur's eyes narrow, his nostrils flare, his veins bulge. The Professor was gone. The angry bull remained.

He charges.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending a Hero Point to grab and activate Rage.

Rolling Full Power Attack and charging. With the additional +2 to attack from the ghosts, that's a +8 attack.

Attack - (1d20+8)[20] - DC 35 toughness

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Faith Winters
    The Agent
    Defense: 22
    Condition: Unharmed
    H/L Points: 2/6

"We have to attack him together! For Freedom and Camelot!" Faith yelled over the din, calling for all of her former classmates to join Jake on the proverbial charge. For her part, Faith's eyes and hands glowed blue momentarily as she wrenched the forces of Probability into new and destructive patterns around the Alpha Centurion. At that moment, something that had been damaged during the fighting, some arcane device underneath the street responsible for any manner of city services, decided to go supernova. A geiser of magical flame erupted upwards through the stone right at the Centurion's feet and poured upwards over him, seeking to fuel itself with his flesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Calling for a combo-attack, using whoever does the most damage as the base. I don't know if this counts as the first round of the fight or not, so I don't know whether to consider Alpha Centurion flat-footed or not. I just hope his Defense sucks.
    Power Attacking for 3. Ranged Penetrating Damage 13 (Subtle 2)
    Attack: (1d20+7)[17] (Forgot the +2, so that's a 19.)
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2012-07-22 at 07:47 PM.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis
    The Girl Who Died

Rycon watches as Alpha Centurion comes down on Jake like a supersonic bulldozer against a wooden wall. It's hardly the first time this has happened, it's goes all the way back to the concert where they fought Ragnarok as academy students. It's never a pretty sight to see either way and Rycon winces at the sight of it.

Unlike those times however, she sees that Jake has learned how to get up after being smacked around. With his amazing rallying cry, Rycon looks in wonder as the spectral spirits and ghost rise at the King's command. Suddenly things don't seem to bleak.

Resolution once again in her heart, Rycon charges with her minotaur friend at Alpha Centurion. He went all out on Jake and now the consequences are coming to him. With her electric baselard-like blade, Rycon goes to greatly thrusts it into the clone and drives it out in an upward motion.

The time to dread is over, now they shall turn the tides against the syndicate!

Spoiler
    Show
    Strike 12; Charging, All-Out Attack +5/-5 Power Attack +5/-5.

(1d20+12)[22] DC 34 + Autofire 1 Toughness

EDIT: If the book is right about AC's defense being only 10 (NOT +10) then This should do a total DC 43 or 44 Toughness
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-07-22 at 08:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres
    "The Sixth Ranger"

As the Claremonters below assault Alpha head on with blasts and beatings galore, The Peregrine swoops in silently from behind. "Nice night for a big-ass brawl, huh jefe?" He crosses his arms and hovers good distance behind the villain, head cocked with a smirk plastered across his face. "Moon's got things good and bright." He turns in mid-air, looking up past the descending wreckage of the Helicarrier. He leans backwards to face Alpha upside-down, advanced technologies keeping him aloft even when horizontal. A grin crosses his face.

"Glad something around here's bright, cause you're a bit of a dim bulb, jefe! Attacking a bunch of supers like this?" He puts on a fake pout, shaking his head as he rotates to be right side up again. "Eres estúpido, jefe." He lets out a laugh and sticks out his tongue.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taunting to demoralize. Rolling Bluff for DC to save against or be Shaken for a round. (1d20+15)[28]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The King of Camelot:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save vs. DC 20: (1d20+5)[8]
    Reflex Save vs. DC 20/15: (1d20+5)[8]

Alpha Centurion is Blinded

Professor Minotaur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save vs. DC 35: (1d20+20)[31]

Kismet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save vs. DC 30: (1d20+20)[29]

Rycon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's clearly a typo. Nice try though. Also Autofire 1 has a max bonus of +5 for beating the save by 10.

Toughness Save vs. DC 39: (1d20+20)[31]

Alpha Centurion is Blinded, Shaken, Stunned, Bruised 2 & Staggered.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-22 at 08:41 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

24. - Top - End - #114

Len Cope

Len stood amazed by the spectral army for a moment - but that passed quickly. This was Jake we were talking about here, it seems he always had an ace up his sleeve.

Now is the time.

Len charged in with everyone else. It was now or never - they had the Alpha Centurion on his heels for a moment. Len knew he must capitalize on this opening.

So he did what he did best - try and bite the bad guy.

Hard.

Spoiler
    Show

alright, full all out attack, power attack +5/-5 shenanigans, and ghost army.

attack - (1d20+10)[24] DC 34 toughness save
    if attack is successful, using Improved Grab to start a grapple
    grapple - (1d20+28)[31]
    Thog fan 4 life

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save vs. DC 34: (1d20+18)[24]
    Opposed Grapple Check: (1d20+36)[42]

Hero Point to Len to avoid defeat by dogpile.
    Reroll in OoC thread.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-22 at 09:40 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashley Culdis, Jake Wallace, Len Cope’s Stories, Faith Winters, Robert Asterion & Diego Torres' Stories:
    ‘The girl who died’, ‘The King In The Skies’, ‘The Homo Sauros Rex’, ‘The Agent’,‘The Heir Apparent’ & ‘The Sixth Ranger’

"AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!."

The Alpha Centurion tenses as he clutches in eyes in pain, burned by the purity of Excalibur's light.

He falls to his kneels and looks up through smoking eyes

"King You Will Pay . . . !."

He is cut off by Kismet's flame pillar catching him mid sentence

"AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!."

he lands with a thud on his chest slamming his fist into the ground with a thud before getting to his feet with a groan. He looks up and sees a minotaur barrelling into him

"DAMMMMNNNNIIIITTTTT!"

The Alpha Centurion is cut off as Professor Minotaur tackles him, knocking him flying twenty five yards, thudding and bouncing off the ground till he finds his feet again, grinding his soles into the dirt. It's at that point that the Peregrine begins to buzz around the Alpha Centurion

"Leave Me Alone You Bloody Insect! Damn You Cretin!"

It is during this distraction that Alpha Centurion is gripped suddenly in the teeth of a giant dinosaur. For a moment he seems trapped but unharmed before forcing the jaws open in a burst with ease

"ENOUGH!"

The Alpha Centurion is no longer cold and distant and is now furious

"I AM A GOD COMPARED TO YOU PATHETIC CREATURES! AND IT IS TIME YOU LEARNED YOUR PLACE!"

At that he looks down at the electric dagger in his chest

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

He collapses, smoking, his costume marked with holes and burns, his cape in tatters. Again he rises.

"KING! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR CRONIES!"

In a fury he reaches for Sauros' tail. . .

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Reroll :(1d20+5)[14] +10 due to Improved Roll
    Reflex Reroll :(1d20+5)[16] Vs. DC 15
    Alpha Centurion is now Shaken and Bruised 2, 2 Hero Points to Jake, 1 to Rycon.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-22 at 10:24 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll (To Grab Sauros' Tail): (1d20+13)[23]
    All Out Attack +5/-5
    Hero Point to Sauros to gain Improved Grab Feat for the round.

On a Success DC 35 Toughness Save for Sauros.
    Opposed Grapple Check: (1d20+42)[48]
    Throw @ Professor Minotaur.
    Attack Roll (To Throw Sauros @ Professor Minotaur): (1d20+13)[16] Reroll = 31
    On a Success DC 35 Toughness Save for Sauros & Professor Minotaur.
    Hero Point to Rycon for additional Standard Action.
    Attack Roll (To Grab Rycon's Neck): (1d20+13)[14] Reroll = 31
    On a Success two DC 35 Toughness Saves for Rycon.

Edit: Rerolls, oh yes those, in the OoC thread.

Edit: Sauros & Professor Minotaur, don't forget Knockback!

"Lizard Beast It is Time You Did Something Useful! By Acting As A Blunt Object! CATCH MINOTAUR!"

The Alpha Centurion grips Sauros' tail and flings him like an oversized reptilian ragdoll towards Professor Minotaur.

The Alpha Centurion then swings his right arm in a single motion and grabs Rycon by the throat, with an explosive shockwave he slams her into the ground leaving a crater around both of them as he releases her.

He stands up straight. Staring down the King.

"Have you brought any other loved ones to die for you. Perhaps that white haired girl crying your name a hundred foot to your left."

He smiles despite his injuries

"Is It Still A Good Day To Die King? Knowing Everyone You Love Will Die With You, With Your Name Whispered On Their Lips."

He opens up his hands

"Watch Your City Burn King! Watch Your Lovers Weep! Your Brothers Bleed! Your Allies Perish! Watch And Be In Awe!

Watch Knowing, Forever, Even If You Stop Me, How Many Lives A Bended Knee Might Have Saved.

Watch, Knowing What Your Pride Has Wrought!

Watch King, And Weep For Them!"

At that, at center of the blood and the chaos, amongst the dying screams of armies in the tens of thousands, amidst untold screaming innocents, he laughs and laughs and laughs. . .

Evil.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-07-22 at 10:56 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Skies

Jake’s fury boils to a head as the dark Centurion makes short work of three of his friends. He tries to taunt Jake. He tries to make Jake feel fear. That’s not something you can do to the King.

“Talk all the s*** you want. I told you that you would bleed for this. And I see red trickling down your chest.”

He pointed his free hand at Alpha Centurion.

“I’m not in awe of you. You’re pathetic. An honorless fool who never earned anything in his life. You act as though you’re the most fearsome thing in existence. But you’re not. You’re just a bootleg copy of someone great.”

Jake stands up straighter, his adrenaline warding off how tired he was getting.

“And I’m going to end you.”

Jake lifts up off the ground, flying forwards at a low angle with his sword lowered. As he flies by he slashes upwards in a powerful, lethal arc. Even if no one is left to fight, Jake will keep going until he’s dead. No matter how loudly Hope cried out for his safety, that just wasn’t the man Jake Wallace chose to be.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP to cure fatigue. Then he flies at Centurion and attacks him. Full power attack. Full all-out attack.

(1d20+12)[14] DC 32 No-Save damage.

EDIT: I rerolled with a HP on that attack. Hit a 26.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-07-22 at 11:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Len Cope
    Bruised

Len feels himself lifted off the ground, and is quite surprised at the strength of the Alpha Centurion. The true realization at how bad things are hit him at about the same time he felt himself hit Robert. Len groggily brings himself to his feet, and takes a look around.

Just a few seconds ago, it looked like they could win. Now Jake was again making his stand - and he looked to be doing it alone.

There was no way Len was going to let that happen, not while he still drew breath.

ROAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summoning whatever last bits of strength he has left, Len began running toward Alpha Centurion. Breathing heavily, wisps of flame began to appear, flowing between the giant dinosaur's teeth. As soon as Jake attacks, Len tries to clamp his jaws down on the Alpha Centurion and burn him to ashes at the same time.

Spoiler
    Show
    ok, so HP to buy off stun, then extra effort to stand up from prone, move action to get over to AC, then all out attack power attack +5/-5 (EDIT: ok so since I used HP to buy off stun, no knockback which means no need to stand up from prone)

SUPER BITE - (1d20+10)[12] DC 34 toughness save
    gonna HP that roll, see OOC
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2012-07-23 at 12:05 AM.
    Thog fan 4 life

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Faith Winters
    Defense: 22
    Condition: Unharmed
    H/L Points: 2/6

Knowing that to stop and gawk at any damage the Alpha Centurion did would only give him more of an advantage, Faith fell back into her AEGIS training and just kept hitting him from as many angles and dimensions as possible. If she could trip him up or stun him she could make it easier for Jake or one of the others to land a telling blow. Throw the forces of luck entirely against someone and they're going to have a bad day, even someone as powerful as the being they were fighting.

She wished for once that she was still Jennifer Jones, still had that reality-breaking power she'd experienced back at that year in Claremont. Then she could show the Alpha Centurion what a god really looked like. Sure, he was strong, but compared to Jennifer he was a bug on the windshield. But Jennifer, or Winter, or whatever she was calling herself now...that was a different person thousands of light years away. Faith was on her own.

She didn't advertise this, but sometimes she could see the lines of probability, the patterns of fate, around a person when she used her powers. Tug just right, knot a few lines, break or redirect these forces and terrible things could happen. Faith used all her skill to make sure she found those outcomes for Alpha Centurion, gritting her teeth to make it hurt as much as possible. She gave off a small grunt of effort and yanked her hand down, literally yanking those forces in the direction she wanted them to go.

"Hey..." she called out to her enemy through gritted teeth, "****head! Ever wonder what a roach feels like before you step on it? Well you're about to find out!!"

That's when a falling piece of the helicarrier fell on him. And by "piece" it was probably better to say "jagged, burning with plasma fires, hundred-ton spear of metal wreckage."

Spoiler
    Show
    Power Attacking for 5. Combo-attack with Len and Jake, using whoever is doing the highest damage (Probably ME) as the base.
    Penetrating Damage 15 (Subtle 2): (1d20+7)[27]
    CRITICAL HIT! +5 to Damage DC!
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2012-07-23 at 04:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show