New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Revolution IC

Diego Torres

Peregrine watches Robert look through the lab as the Beacon addresses him. "Si, overwhelming... That's one word for it." He looks Hikaru up and down, before staring back into the lab. He'd be much more comfortable in the air, perhaps trading quips and blows with Professor Cuttlefish, chatting it up with the first responding parmedics. In the halls of the lab, the suit feels so bulky, weighing his already not too substantial frame down. At the moment, he felt like Diego Torres running around in a Peregrine costume. He shuffles his feet and stares down. The Beacon finishes talking, and Diego looks up. "Aye. He's been very helpful so far. I'm... very grateful."

Diego wonders if Freedom Eagle ever had to deal with identity issues.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope

"We just can't catch a break." Len says, brushing some ash and debris from his clothes. "Where do you think this dragon came from anyway? I mean, I know this is Camelot and all...but I didn't think that Morgana and the rest would be back at us so quickly..."

"The comic shop is getting torched? Oh no. No no no."
    "There will be no forgiveness." he says, craning his neck to see the dragon flying around.

"Len... show him what a real dragon looks like."
    "You got it. This isn't the first time I've tangled with a dragon, you know." he says, grinning.

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative - (1d20+7)[21]
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2012-08-07 at 03:50 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Faith Winters

"Where did they even get a dragon?!" Faith asked as she petulantly blew a lock of blonde hair out of her eyes. "I know...Camelot and everything, but I thought that they were extinct or something! Does the world seriously need more fire-breathing, flying reptiles? No offense, Lenny."

Her shoulder had been burned and the uniform had very nearly bubbled off. She had smears of soot on her face and hands, which again fiddled with the throwing knives she kept so many of. She wondered how she could even begin to do any damage to the stupid, flying lizard with what amounted to very accurately thrown thumb tacks and resolved to get some bigger guns from AEGIS the next time she was back at HQ. The little popgun they made her carry might actually have been even more useless than the throwing knives.

Faith nimbly jumped up and started climbing the tallest object she could find, most likely a radio tower of some sort, hoping to find high enough ground to jump onto the dragon's back as it did a flyby. Hopefully her luck would hold, as it usually did, and she would remain unnoticed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Climb: (1d20+3)[22] (Minimum 13)
    Acrobatics: (1d20+10)[21]
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2012-08-08 at 12:16 AM.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Centurion II & Rycon

Clark surveys the apartment with casual interest

"Still a pretty big step up from the Claremont dorms,"

He starts walking towards whatever part of the apartment passes for a kitchen

"Do you want a drink or . . . ?"

The question hangs awkwardly in the air and for a moment Ashley can't tell why . . . then she realizes she has invited a boy to her apartment, without explaining any reason for it, after going out to dinner together, at night, who she knows has feelings for her, or at least he used to. Ashley thinks Clark may have gotten the wrong message . . .

El Peregino, Professor Minotaur & The Beacon

Spoiler
    Show
    KPenguin, post what you plan to do with the lab and I'll close out this scene and move you on to the horrors that await the daring duo of El Peregino and Professor Minotaur.

Kismet, The King of Camelot, Sauros & Hope

Spoiler
    Show
    Faith needs to roll Initiative and all of you beat the Dragon anyway so I'm waiting for you all to act.
    Loki Avatar by Me

5. - Top - End - #245
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

It takes Ashley a minute to realize what she had just done. She brought Clark here to catch up in private, away from the tents and restaurants. Instead what she asked is something that comes off as a completely different meaning and Ashley did not believe to be ready for such an... Occasion. She knows Clark is dying and he may be a little desperate, but it still is too early for Ashley. Her terrified face shows her reaction well. She needs to recover; quickly; NOW.

"Uh... A drink? Yeah, there's should be plenty for you in the fridge." Clearly not the best line to recover from but it's what she thought of on the fly. Ashley has a number of beverage types that she stores for her guests, including wine, beer, and on one streak of luck, sake. There is plenty of soda pop for her though. While Clark looks in the fridge, Ashley heads into her room, turns on the television, and flips to the news channel. For once in her life, Ashley is hoping there is some sort of robbery or supervillain notice happening that she and Clark can get out of the apartment and investigate. She holds off the ever-demanding temptation of cursing quietly in German; she didn't want Clark to pick that up with his super-hearing.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

The Centurion II & Rycon

As the awkward in the air could be cut with a knife Rycon flicked to FNN and prayed for something the F.L.I. didn't deal with yet. Something she could tell Isiah to let her and Clark take care of . . .

It seems her prayers were answered.

An on site reporter, reporting from Freedom Plaza, buzzed away in front of her

"We . . . I can't really believe what the viewers are texting in but . . ."

Suddenly the woman is knocked to the ground as a blue blur speeds past, its shockwave forcing her to the ground. The creature stops in from of the camera, its hands are long straight black claws with no evident finger, its head is long and curved backwards, covered with a blue visor in the shape of an X with blue circles at the points of the X, a tail with black stripes, backwards bending knees like a velociraptor, feet that rest on a pair of black balls like some sort of foot wear, a black and white jumpsuit and helmet, a symbol Rycon can't make out on his chest and blue reptilian skin. The visor pops up to reveal slanted green eyes lined in black and sharp teeth.

When the creature speaks he does so with an obvious hissing but intelligent tone

"Hello Freedom Ssssity. I'm Jussst Havving Fun. . ."

Suddenly the screen blurs as if the camera is moving and creature is holding the camera in one hand as he dangles the woman by the neck over a building which the creature is suddenly standing on top of

"And if any of you heroessssS dessside to come and try Ssssstop me I asssssure you that the cossst will be on your headssss!"

With that the camera is cut off and the anchor comes back on and begins saying what amounts to a lot of nothing.

What do you do?

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Knowledge (Popular Culture) for Ashley.
    Loki Avatar by Me

7. - Top - End - #247

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley could almost get on her knees and bow as she sees the news pick up on a villain spotting. Clark had just entered the room as the on-site reporter begins speaking. The villain however is one is new to Ashley, some sort of reptilian creature... hanging a reporter over the edge of a building.

Moral of the day, NEVER hope for a supervillain appearance.

Ashley curses out loud in German as she reaches for her combat coat. Her voice quick and frantic, knowing someone's life is on the line. "Sorry Clark, we'll need to catch up later. You don't mind carrying me to Freedom Plaza, do you?" She stands at the door, ready to lock it once they get moving. A smile could almost awaken on her face as her voice tries it's best to pick up enthusiasm.

"It'd just be like old times!" Ashley winks for a moment before her mood changes slightly. "...Minus the universe in danger and everything."
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-08 at 08:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

The Centurion II & Rycon

Clark speeds across the room and picks up Rycon in his arms, suddenly having changed into his super clothes

"It's not going to be like old times."

With her in his arms he leaps out of the window and shoots into the sky above Freedom City, looking out at the skyline of darkness and electric light, and with a grin Clark says simply and hopefully

"It's going to be so much better"

A Short While Later . . .

The Centurion and Rycon land near Freedom Plaza and see people running scared. The place has generally been trashed and a few of the more high end store fronts, jewelers, banks, etc, have obviously been broken into.

For a moment it seems like the creature is gone . . . but then in the middle of Freedom Plaza they see the creature lounging atop a bed of jewelry, money, electronics and other assorted loot. Every few seconds he disappears and reappears with something new to add to the pile.

He looks up and towards the pair as they land

"What Do You Wantzzzz?"
    Loki Avatar by Me

9. - Top - End - #249
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Professor Alexander Bullman

Robert examines the lab equipment as Hoshi and El Peregrino spoke to each other. Yes, yes. This would all do quite nicely.

He opens up his case and takes out a couple vials as his mind considers Hoshi's offer.

Name on the door, his very own lab, somewhere safe and sturdy to just focus on The Work... it was tempting, Robert had to admit. A position at the Institute would be thrilling.

And yet... already he wanted to be out in the field. Among the people. In the muggy jungle, the dry plains. Where he was needed, where he could make a difference hands on.

and so... this would be temporary. Whatever cosmic event destiny had planned for him would happen, they'd beat it as always, and he'd go back to doing his work.

He looks at Peregrine.

Well, maybe after touching one more life.

He tells Hoshi he'd think about it and then gets to work, alternating between teaching Peregrine and having him assist. Robert had brought blood samples from himself and Clark, putting their genetics under analysis. After the Alpha Centurion, Robert wanted to know how the brothers were put together, why he was the bullman and his brother the golden boy, and what it had to say about how they'd grow into the future...

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling Knowledge (Life Sciences) to do the work. Diego is free to roll Assist.

LIfe Sciences - (1d20+19)[37]
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

10. - Top - End - #250

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley does not thinking much of Clark's words as he takes her out flying toward Freedom Plaza. She is just glad to be out of that mess for now. What matters at this time is the supervillain. When the two arrive, Ashley is in a look of disbelief at the sight. It takes a lot of guts for a speedster supervillain to show himself on camera during a criminal act; it takes even more stupidity for one to lounge around in the middle of an area like he's going to be ignored.

Ashley shakes her head slightly and sighs. She whispers to Clark, "You talk with him. I haven't exactly improved in diplomacy since last year." Truly if there is anything Ashley is utterly hopeless at, it's trying to talk people down from a fight, and trying to bluff. She's probably the world's worst poker player.

After whispering to Clark, Ashley turns on Red One's watch, now repaired, and tries to get a connection in with Isiah. If she gets Isiah's ever-annoying "Not here, leave a message" ringtone that drives her crazy, she says in her professional tone, "Rycon here. There's a situation involving a reptilian speedster with a mass horde of cash and valuables. Me and Centurion II have it handled however."

A moment later, she drops the professionalism and uses a casual and slightly jestful speech. "By the way, get a new ringtone. I swear you have it just to make people slam their heads into a wall." Once that is sent, Ashley looks up to see how Clark is doing.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

El Peregino & Professor Minotaur

Spoiler
    Show
    Life Sciences:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Professor Minotaur becomes aware of the degenerative condition inherent in himself, his brother and his half-sister.
    • He also becomes aware of the time he has left. . . roughly 6 months. . .
    • He notices that while the genetic material he acquired from the Alpha Centurion is functionally identical to the Centurion it contains strands of Junk DNA that if activated could cause some form of mutation.
    • He runs these against as many genetic samples as he has access too . . . and on a guess includes one from his highschool lab days, his lab partner Faith Winters . . . The tests indicate that Faith's DNA includes this Junk DNA also. Implying that Clark and Robert are, however distantly, related to Faith in some way, genetically.
    • Robert simply possesses more of Tauros genetic mutations. The alleles of the gene sequence of these mutations passed on to Robert are recessive in Clark, likely more to do with luck as anything else. Evidently the Tauros mutations are more prone to be recessive to the Centurion's mutations or normal human genetic material.
    • The tests indicate Clark must have at least some of Tauros' less evident and internal mutations. He likely can digest grass and has an enhanced sense of smell.
    • Unless the Junk DNA is activated it is unlikely Robert or Clark will mutate considerably or develop any abilities their parents did not possess. It is likely Robert and Clark have not yet reached the age where their immortality would kick in naturally, from either parent, and they likely never will due to their degenerative cloning condition.
    • Clark shares more of the added junk DNA with Faith than Robert does.

The pair are alone together in the lab as the weight of Robert's discoveries finally sink in to the pair. It is late, past midnight . . .

The Centurion II & Rycon

Clark replies to Ashley's request with a grin and a nod

"I guess I'm not out of the game yet . . . Evil Doer. I Am The Golden Guardian of Good, The Centurion, And In The Name of The Law I Order You To Step Away From The Stolen Goods And Submit Yourself To Justice, Or I, And Rycon, Lady of Thunder, Will Force You To Do So Speedster!"

Suddenly the creature is standing, grinning

"A Hero? Finally, the Gamesss Can Begin!"

He disappears again and he's standing on the roof of the building behind you

"You Think I'm Jussst A Ssspeedsster Boy! I'm Every Sssshape And Sssssizzze, I'm . . . "

He taps the circular symbol on his chest and there is a burst of green light. . .

Then suddenly towering over the pair of heroes is a FIVE HUNDRED FOOT TALL FIGURE!

The Creature finishes with a booming roar

"WAY BIG!"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-08 at 09:47 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope

"I know...Camelot and everything, but I thought that they were extinct or something! Does the world seriously need more fire-breathing, flying reptiles? No offense, Lenny."
    "None taken."

"Alright, I'm gonna try and bring that guy down here so we can stomp him!" Len says, and begins transforming.

Len gets HUGE. Full Sauropod. With teeth. And Thagomizer. And flame breath.

Len rears up on his legs and roars. Long neck reaching up to the dragon and jaws chomping down!

Bring it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Big dino party! Growth 14, Strike (mighty, extended reach 2)

I don't know if I can reach him from where I am? How high is he? I've got 25 ft reach, or my 30 ft fire breath. If I can attack I will, let me know Raynn!

Edit: gonna attack anyway! Roll is posted in OOC.
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2012-08-09 at 06:24 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

13. - Top - End - #253

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

If Rycon had her combat coat loose right now, it would have fallen off like a rock as she looks up to see the utterly massive being that is definitely NOT supposed to be in reality. Her mouth is as open as it can be and her eyes completely wide in surprise. Now she remembers who this guy is from. It's amazing however how he's a villain here... Or even how he GOT here. Jill would go insane with joy if she learns about this. Without turning her head away from the massive being, Rycon speaks into her watch in a completely disbelieved and deadpan manner, "...Whoever is listening, do yourself a favor and don't look out the window."

She lowers her arms for a moment and looks at Centurion II. Her tone returns to what it naturally is after the initial shock of the supervillain. "You think this will end up being a sequel to that one movie Jake showed us or would having a tool from a children's show deny that?" Seeing herself as the star heroine in a giant monster film would be very embarrassing for Rycon, though memorable.

Rycon conjurers her electric blade in her hand, showing a "ready to kick ass?" look. "I'll take this cartoon character from down here, you go up and strike him from above." With that, Ashley decides to fool around with the villain's electrical signals in his mind. Provided it works, Way Big should hear her voice from behind him, speaking rather rude German insults while the real Rycon moves to the shadows, away from sight while the villain is distracted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move-By Action to take the Standard Action first; using Ashley's illusion power (affects visual senses and hearing) DC 17 Will (perception range) and Subtle 2.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-09 at 03:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Jake grins at Faith’s crack. “Magic, Faith. They get them with magic.” Normally, that line is reserved as a joke; but here, it’s a likely hypothesis. Faith pulls her throwing daggers, Len does something more impressive and transforms into a ferocious Sauropod.

Jake decides he’s going to take a lighter touch with this one. He flies towards the dragon, spiraling around Len’s long neck until he passes the dragon. With a flash, he draws Excalibur and lets loose its blinding light on the dragon.

He follows up by pausing and leaning in, speaking to the Black Dragon.

“Cease your attack and tell me why you are here.”

Even though he’s speaking in a normal tone, there is great power in those words for any creature who would understand their meaning.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action to draw Excalibur. Triggered light goes off. Two reflex saves for the Black Dragon; DC 20 to half, then DC 20/15 to avoid blindness.

Then! He uses King’s Command on the dragon. Contested power check vs. will save; I may hero point if I totally flub it: (1d20+10)[13] -- NOPE! Hero point: new result is 28
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-08-09 at 06:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dragon's Toughness Save VS. DC 36: (1d20+18)[29]
    Dragon's Opposed Grapple Check VS. DC 34: (1d20+26)[42]
    Dragon's Reflex Save To Half: (1d20+2)[22]
    Dragon's Reflex Save VS. Blindness: (1d20+2)[3]
    Dragon's Will Save VS. King's Command DC 28: (1d20+8)[11]

Dragon is Stunned + Blind + Mind Controlled.

The King, Sauros, Hope & Faith

The Dragon forces Len off of itself after taking a painful blow to its stomach letting out a puff of dark smoke as it is winded.

The Dragon abruptly comes to a stop in its relentless attacks and seems confused in its blindness and in response to the King's command he merely points towards where he hears the King and growls, seemingly unable to speak English, or possibly any language beyond roars.

The Centurion II & Rycon

The Centurion leaps into the air as the creature appears to merely ignore Rycon

"YOU PICKED THE WRONG NIGHT ULTRAMAN WANT TO BE!"

With that Clark collides fist first with the giant's chest, who is forced to take a colossal step back but little more in reply WAY BIG brings one of his gargantuan fists down on the Centurion!

"GAME'S Over FOR YOU CENTUR- I- KNOCK OFF!"

The creature takes a swing several city streets wide and slams into a hopefully mostly empty office building beside where the Centurion had landed

"ASH! Be Careful! If This Thing Lands A Hit On Either One Of Us We're Goners!"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-10 at 03:16 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Even with words lightly spoken, the authority of the King is so palpable as to subjugate even his enemies. If Jake had the inclination to use it often, he would be a tyrant unmatched. It’s a good thing he uses such power sparingly.

“So you came to attack me? I guess that’s not unexpected. Did Morgana send you? And are you here of your own free will?”

He hopes to find a route to end this peacefully. Given what he knows about D&D and Black Dragons, he figures that’s a long shot. But he’ll try anyway, at least while the creature is under his sway.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Rycon watches as the giant villain ignores Ashley and takes an incredibly large swing at Centurion II. The effortlessly destroyed building however easily backs up what Rycon's old classmate says. Not getting hit is easy enough, aside from the huge shockwave that erupts from each direct hit. The bigger problem is property damage; a quick end to this fight will keep any more damage minimal for everyone.

Rycon nods to Centurion II from below as she makes her move. Considering Way Big did not seem to notice her illusion, that probably didn't work. Instead Ashley makes a run up to the villain, takes a short hop, jumps down on her hands and flips off to jump on Way Big's foot. She quickly thinks over her plan. Right, I'm on the foot. Now to strike away until this guy submits... Perhaps I should be the distraction. At the very least I can dodge and buildings won't be toppled. Ashley sighs as she realizes she's making her plan up as she goes. With her electric baselard, Ashley brings it up and stabs it down on Way Big's foot. No fancy moves, just a straight up attack. The electrical current cruises through the villain's body so long as her blade stays stabbed in.

Not that Ashley is expecting to make this the finisher. "I think I'm gonna need a bigger blade," she mumbles quietly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics to jump on Way Big's leg: (1d20+14)[16]

Strike attack: (1d20+8)[16] DC 27 + Autofire Toughness.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+15)[23] vs. DC 30

Way Big is Bruised + Stunned

The Centurion II & Rycon

As Rycon's lightning courses through Way Big's supersized nervous system he screams out in agony allowing the Centurion time to attack slamming again into his chest but not breaking through Way Big's impossibly thick hide.

"Rycon Do Whatever You Just Did Again, Quick! We Need To Keep This Guy On The Ropes!"

To the first question the dragon nods and to the last two he shakes his head.

"Shouldn't we knock it out while he's under Jake's sway?"

Hope asks to the group.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-10 at 05:29 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Jake holds a hand out towards Hope, to calm her, and the group, down. “I see. You were forced to come here. I’m sorry that happened to you, but it does present us with an opportunity. If it is mental influence that brought you here, then I have broken or will break it. If whoever sent you is extorting you, I can help there as well. And if it’s as simple as something you need, then you now have a chance to have a kinder benefactor.”

He offered a smile to the beast. Such creatures are rarely treated with any kindness.

“Either way, it’s my desire that we be friends, not enemies. Answer me truthfully,” as if the Dragon had a choice right now, “is that a thing which is possible?”
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-08-10 at 05:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

As Robert stares at the results, Diego feels exceptionally awkward. It's, err, not exactly often that one finds one is dying, and he doesn't really know what to say. His talons sit silently on a nearby bench, allowing Diego to do more precision work, and sterile too.

"That's, uh..." Diego finds himself fidgeting with lab equipment. "Jesus, jefe, I don't know what to say." He ponders taking off his helmet. It's been weighing heavily on his head all day, and it tends to get in the way of more heartfelt connection, but he decides against it. He absentmindedly wipes down the workbench with ethanol. It had been an odd day and, above all, awkward. He looks back up at Robert, plopping down onto a stool. "That's, well, that..." He pauses.

"How long do you have...?"
    Last edited by Phase; 2012-08-10 at 06:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

The Dragon lunges forward and stops only a few inches in front of the group. Then, almost restraining it self but not quite, shakes it head before letting out an enraged puff of dark smoke.

"Am I the only one who thinks we, and by that I mean the super people, should still be hitting it?"
    Loki Avatar by Me

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

He shook his head at that response. Too bad. He makes a subtle motion with his hand towards the creature. Len would get it, and Faith is sharp enough to pick up. It’s time to lay into the creature. Jake’s just not saying it out loud. ((Would blatantly break the control)).

Spoiler
    Show
    Have at it!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Rycon looks up and smiles as she sees the electrical current agonize the villain mercilessly. By the looks of it she definitely is helping out here. She quickly calls out to Centurion II in response. "I know! How about trying something else than smashing into this nonsensically large cartoon?!" She removes her blade and moves up to Way Big's stem of his leg and stabs there, bringing the blade down the stem and near to the end of his foot to leave a noticeable electrical scar on his foot. She mumbles in a deadpan tone to herself again, "Man I'd hate to have Len here; him and this guy would trash the whole city without trying." She keeps up the jestful words to help her relax rather than think on how she's against someone who could squash her or Clark flat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Power Attack +3/-3: (1d20+5)[6] DC 30 + Autofire.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Roll VS. DC 34: (1d20+14)[15]

Rycon & The Centurion II

Suddenly Rycon lights up the 500 ft. giant like a Christmas tree to the astonishment of the Centurion. The symbol on Way Big's chest glows red as he falls, about to crush Rycon and the Centurion, and then in a flesh of red light Way Big is replaced by what appears to be a small boy who is rapidly falling towards the earth.

"I've Got This."

And with that Clark shoots into the air with a grin, catching the figure without a second chance and returning to the ground below, landing a foot or so in front of Rycon with ease.

Cradled in Clark's arms is what appears to be an eight year old boy but the boy is in fact much older, older even than Rycon. A psychopath inventor who enjoys battling worthy heroes of games of life and death for fun. His real name is Desmond Lattem but he goes by Toy Boy. Strapped to his wrist is a real life version of the Omnitrix. Such a device would normally be presumed to be beyond even Toy Boy's genius . . . how odd . . .

"You know who this guy is Rycon?"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-10 at 06:54 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

25. - Top - End - #265

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

The first thing Rycon thinks of is how painful being crushed will be. Next thing is how painful landing will be for the young boy who originally was Way Big. As Centurion II catches the boy and brings him down to Rycon, it doesn't take her long to recognize who the "young boy" is. She sighs and speaks in a annoyed tone. "Unfortunately yes, I do know him. He's Toy Boy, a rather old person in the appearance of a young child. He's the one that brought the Toon Gang to life. Judging by this... Omnitrix, it's likely he could have brought more here than we thought."

Rycon quickly snatches the Omnitrix and eyes it over in cautious curiosity. She would love to know how the device works; however she wants to take no chances in the case the Omnitrix falls into the hands of someone else. "Centurion, think I should destroy this device or should I study it first?" She asks in such a calm manner that it can come off surprising at how she can be willing to destroy such a device with a straight face.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-10 at 07:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Rycon & The Centurion II

Rycon is unable, as is the Centurion, to remove the Omnitrix from Toy Boy's arm by force.

"Can we risk destroying it without studying it? I know I'm not one of the Geniuses but even I know anything that can make matter appear and disappear unless it's magic has to be able to turn large amounts of energy to mass and back. It must have a pretty impressive power source we may not want to blow up . . . Maybe. . . Beacon texted me that Rob just moved into a Lab over at the Albright institute. I'm sure Rob would let us check it out there. . . Maybe help us. . ."

Ash gets the feeling Clark is worried Robert genuinely doesn't want him around.
    Loki Avatar by Me

27. - Top - End - #267

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Rycon finds herself a little worried as she notices the Omnitrix can't be removed. It's going to take a hell of a reinforced area to keep this kid sealed. "Hmm... Well at the very least we'll want to find a way to keep it shut down for a time. I doubt Toy Boy will be in one place for long if he's gonna have the device stuck on him." She handcuffs Toy Boy, for all good it will do, and then turns on her watch. "Rycon here, we've successfully stopped and captured the villain Toy Boy at Freedom Plaza. He got his powers from the... Omnitrix." Her tone deepens in embarrassment and she plants her free hand in her face as she mentions the cartoon device. "We can't remove it so we need a code Sigma prison ward to keep him sealed in until we can learn what we can from Mr. Lattem."

As Rycon waits for a response, she notices Centurion II's worried face. "Clark..." Her voice softens as she says his name. "...I know it's hard, but we need to tell Robert. I don't think he can live a life of ignorance over what is happening to him and he would probably find out on his own anyway." She thinks back to her Claremont days. "...I know his disappearance back then was sudden; he never made any mention about it to you. But I'm sure he hasn't forgotten about you and how much he cares for his brother."

Ashley brings one of her hands out to Clark's shoulder, rubbing it gently. A sorrowful smile radiates over her face. "...If you can't do it for Robert, then please do it for me."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Rycon & The Centurion

Clark lets Toy Boy go and puts his hand to Ashley's

"Anything for you Ash . . ."

He looks back over the destruction caused by the fight and Toy Boy's crime spree, and lets out a slight laugh

"Kind of not how I expected a date with you to go . . ."
    Loki Avatar by Me

29. - Top - End - #269

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley smiles and nods as Clark puts his hand to her's. She has to admit she is asking a lot for Clark; she's asking more for a dying man than he deserves. Yet she keeps feeling it's best for him this way. She should probably ease off a little after tonight; she didn't want to think of herself as dictating the rest of Clark's life.

After a pause of peaceful silence, Ashley goes down to pick up Toy Boy. "First let's get this psycho to a place where he won't go on a rampage," she says as she has a little difficulty carrying the old child. "Then we'll head to Robert... And thanks. Property damage aside, this was a fun diversion from everything that happened these last two days." She couldn't help but make her smile a little more genuine now.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Rycon & The Centurion II

The pair depart into the night after leaving the Toy Boy with S.T.A.R. squad of the F.C.P.D. for now.

It doesn't take them long to reach the Albright institute with Clark's speed, he messaged ahead so the door was left open for them. . . and they step inside Robert's temporary lab just as Diego finishes talking . . .

Ashley and Clark see Robert looming over some equipment and Diego looking forlorn. Clark's voice catches in his throat as Ashley stands beside him.
    Loki Avatar by Me