New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Wrecked Ashore & Beyond

It has been two weeks since your salvation and rescue from the wreckage of the slave ship that brought you to far-off lands and the care of a kindly, if fast-talking, merchant and his voyaging caravan.

Along the long journey from the deserts of Meraz to the orient, you were outfitted with all of the possessions you wished (within reason of course), in exchange for your services through the desert. While some of you may have had qualms or took to the deal with gusto, you all accepted the merchant Faiz's offer. In this time, the caravansary of forty seems to have grown to appreciate your assistance and company. On the 15th day of your travel through the scorching desert, you broke your fast before the sun rose, as Faiz demanded, and set off eastward with bellies full and throats beginning to parch, a discomfort to which you'd all grown accustomed.

"Looks like another blessed day, kissed by the burning lips of the Dawnflower, wouldn't you say?" Faiz calls out. Some of his caravansary feign laughter, while others march on in muffled song led by the expedition's bard, a young orc with a surprisingly beautiful voice.

"It occurs to me... While I have learned their names, I have neglected to ask our newest brethren what they intend to do once we have reached the markets of Goka," posited Faiz in his hoarse, piping voice. "Anyone care to share with us a tale of future prospects?"

The breeze picked up, and for a moment the heated grip of the sun seemed to relax.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Wrecked Ashore & Beyond

Sam

"...Revenge." That's all Sam says, without making eye contact with anyone. And then he is back to staring ahead into the distance. The crew has long grown accustomed to his sullenness... Slavery did not go over very well for him.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Some things must be done, whether we want to or not." Rein offered little more explanation than Sam as she walked, arms connected behind her.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Braren Felwick

Everyone seems to after some one ... grinning to himself "So much potential here I see. May be we tell each other alittle more." he said to the wreckies as he looked about "Here I will fo frist. I was betrayed by a king whose weak mind comdened those they did not understand and raised by a chruch thinking to charm me into a being that lacks a soul."Taking a breath he continued in a flase town of delight "From there I began to create a new order that removed those of true evil from the kingdom only to be stabbed in the back by the chruch after the discovered I was planning from removing their corruption from the kingdom and " here he coughed a little. "the king."

"So now I'm planning on restarting my life and maybe plan of latter thank the earlier mentioned persons for there aid in raising me into the fine man I am now." Both his eyebrows raised up as he spoke. "Anyone that can top that?"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Before:
    Mali woke up on that shore stripped bare by the waves. The sun beat down mercilessly on his scarred back, while he lay there motionless. It was a long time before he moved, rising from the sand. He was an orc, massive and muscled. His skin the colour of an avocado. His back and face marked with the cruel scars left my the whip. His fangs jutting from his lip were broken and jagged. His eyes though bore the worst of it, years beneath the sun hadn't been kind to his sight. His eyes were surrounded by spots of dark red flesh extending back across his hairless scalp. Mali did not understand what had happened, he stood on this foreign beach, alive. His manacles, the writings fast fading, lay broken open on the soft sand...

Now:
    Mali had made use of the merchants offer covering himself in a heavy layer of cloth. Not an easy feat considering his unusual size. His head especially was shaded from the sun and from the sight of others. Mali often averted his gaze from others, seeming only able to meet the eyes of those that had washed ashore with him. The long sleeves of his thick robe concealed his manacles which he still wore around his wrists. Not shackled, but free as he now was.

Mali:
    Mali smiled as the soft breeze moved the folds of his cloth. The sea air was now so far away, Mali wondered silently if he truly missed it. Hearing Braren's tale Mali decided to weigh in. "I can't top that. I know little other than the ship. Before our fateful voyage there was another ship where I served. No, slaved. I do not know what I plan. I think I would like to see what this world has to share, to see."

Spoiler
    Show
    An avocado as a colour guide to Mali. I was thinking of the inside colour not the skin.
    Last edited by ellna; 2013-08-16 at 03:28 AM.
    "Solus loligo purpureus gustabit victoriam"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

*Cough, cough*

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Nope? So just dead game completely? Alright well that was fun :P