New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Green II

1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Little Green II

You have got it in one try. When you speak the name the glyphs seems to unravel to create a lid and the box opens.

The same can actually be done with the right one.

Inside the first box you find around 30 small iron torches. You can imagine that they fit perfectly on the six metal arms found on the form outside. There is also a small black metal rod that would fit exactly on the little hole on the form.

The second box, should you open it, contains 60 balls of incense that would fit on cup like extentions and a 3 inch long pyramid shape that fits the other 'key lock' on the statue outiside.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    thanks for that.

LG will put all tabs "A" into the proper slots "B".
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #333

With the help of the women you place all items as they need to be placed.

The torches are put in place, the insence lit and you use the 'keys' to unlock it.

By inserting and turning the key bars you have found you have caused the smaller step to move into the block. Beneath is an opening in which three things rest:

1. A long tube of black metal.
    2. A small box of the same black metal.
    3. A bag of metallic, black cloth.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

"Any suggestions for what to do with these?" He asks Jana and the cleric.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #335

Jana's mouth drops as she takes in the details of the items.

"Little Green!" she says and pauses to take a deep breath of cold air.

"Do you know that those are???? They were part of the legend!!! These are not ritual items... these are the hoard!!! We found the actual treasure!!!!"

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

"Really? That's good to know. What are they supposed to do? Also, can we just walk out of here with them and not wake up sleeping ugly here?"

7. - Top - End - #337

"Its the opposite actually... the cult was collecting powerful items to sacrifice their magic TO awaken him... by removing them in essence we are making him more dormant if that is possible!" she cheers.

"As for the items... well legend had that there gems... the 333 eyes of Tharizdun that were being collected as part of a ritual... they might be in that bag over here. I also know of a potent staff and some kind of force cube but dont know if those other 2 are it..."

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, in any case, let's take them."

He turns to face the ceiling.

"You hear that, Tharizdum? I gave you a chance to have this go your way. Stupid uncaring deaf god." With that, he spits on the sleeping form.

"Unless there's something else, I propose we head back to the warm parts of this cult and try to find that night hag."

9. - Top - End - #339

All the items are incredibly cold to the touch, something you would have found the unfun way had the priestess not helped with her protection from cold blessings, but with some care you place them in a sack or other position and turn to go.

Tharizdun stays as quiet as ever but the same is not true for the apparition that appears in front of you as you turn.

The form appears ethereal but is slowly coalescing into the real form of a frozen warrior wearing scale mail armor made from blue white ice and slivers of needles. His longsword is one such needle that drips cold ice and mists in the room. His skin is white from frostbite and his lips and fingertips seem black and dead with a cold blue color.

"I. Cannot allow you to leave now that you have proven you are not truly faithful to Tharizdun as your mark would have me think..." it says coldly.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, sorry. I'd rather worship a living, breathing goddess who can actually do" *breathes cone of fire at the warrior by way of punctuation.

dc 23 - (6d6)[29]

init - (d20+4)[12]

11. - Top - End - #341

Your blow is a terrible one and large parts of his icy flesh melt away. Many of the needle-like protrusions though representing the corruption of this place are unaffected and continue to give essence to his being.

Despite your suprising attack it goes first right after your blast and instead of attacking it makes a soft motion with his hand and a white shield appears all around him. It gives a certain cold fire effect around him that you can imagine immitates a fire shield but with whatever special qualities this undear possesses.

Furthermore it penetrates you with its icy stare and you feel as if the very blood in your veins will turn to ice.

Spoiler
    Show

Suffer (3d6)[12] cold damage Fortitude DC 19 for half.

Damage is 13... 6 if you pass the save.

Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-11 at 08:10 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342

Spoiler
    Show

Oups its suffer 4d6 not 3d6...

Rolling the extra here (1d6)[1] and adding it above.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    well, sounds like it's a good thing I have 5/day cold immunity

(d20+13)[15]

LG will take the blow and breathe another fiery retort. (6d6)[16]

He'll also try to identify what this creature is and if there's anything special he'll need to do to defeat it.

Spoiler
    Show

knowledge spam! - (d20+15)[19]
    knowledge spam! - (d20+15)[31]
    knowledge spam! - (d20+15)[26]
    knowledge spam! - (d20+15)[21]
    knowledge spam! - (d20+15)[25]
    knowledge spam! - (d20+15)[26]
    knowledge spam! - (d20+15)[28]
    knowledge spam! - (d20+15)[30]

14. - Top - End - #344

Your blast hits it again but only part of your blast passes from his white flame shield.

The priestess reverts to her usual technique attempting to turn the undead monstrocity but fails to do so as it appears too strong. Jana looks at you for combat guidance.

You wrack your brain to recall what can this thing be and you remember when you had read of the Winterspanw. A type of undead even Tiamat priests use in their services from time to time as minions of white dragons. They are especially good for they can even command other low intellect undead to battle or complex tasks...

They are a type of undead created by the sacrifice of a warrior and his loved ones via entombment in ice or similar frost based death. When they rise via evil magics the cold has sipped so much inside them that it taints and freezes their very soul. Their most well known ability is a frost gaze which they can use even while fighting and their ability to summon a cold fire, fire shield that negates fire attacks and causes damage to those that attack them.

They do not have a particular weakness to fire ((ie no double damage)) but they are immune to cold completely. Their armor and weapons are a mix of frost based magic and mundane weaponry but highly magical while in their possession.

Additionally though, this one seems to be more evolved than a 'typical' winterspawn. The cold in the room sustains it and you even notice that some small wounds close as the seconds pass.

Spoiler
    Show

Evolved Winterspawn.

OOC: Its Jana and then him.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-11 at 08:40 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

"Jana, we could do with some courage about now. Know anything to inspire us?

This thing is some sort of evolved winterspawn. Immune to cold, reduced damage from fire. Still, undead, so healing magics will hurt it.
    "

16. - Top - End - #346

Spoiler
    Show

It took full damage from fire from your first attack... now that it has the shield it takes half...

Jana takes some steps back towards the other side of the room and then turns to the undead warrior and speaks a few strong melodic words.

The ice on the armor collapses as the links become rigid even more than when they were cold.

Spoiler
    Show

Finally she gets to cast Armorlock. His speed is now 10 feet... max charge range... 20... which means you can more or less kite him around every 2nd round :D

The spawn seems very suprised and annoyed by this effect, especially since it cant do a full attack now but as you are still close it first turns to stare at Jana and you hear her yell as the cold freezes her badly and then charges you waving his sword overhead.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+18)[29] - crit confirm (1d20+18)[31] (crit on 17+)
    damage (1d8+12)[13] - crit damage (1d8+12)[13]
    (1d6)[5] cold damage + (1d10)[10] cold damage if crit.
    Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-11 at 09:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    and a cold resistance 5 takes the edge off.

LG will take the blow with barely a grunt. He'll then move out of range and blast it with his ever-more-handy sonic breath.

fort dc 23 - (6d6)[17]

18. - Top - End - #348

The damage is starting to tell and the effect Jana placed on the winterspawn is very effective.

The priestess considers attacking but after hearing what you told Jana about it being a winterspawn she stops aware of what its shield does. Instead she touches your shoulder and cures you for (2d8+7)[17] hit points.

The Winterspawn leaves an anguished cry seeing as he is not fast enough to attack you and he can also not do adequate damage to kill you at once. It stares at you once more trying to freeze you in place not realising the cold affects you to a lesser degree and then spews a foul unholy cloud on all three of you.

Suprisingly you are completely unaffacted but the same cannot be said about Jana and the priestess.

Spoiler
    Show

Gaze on you (4d6)[12] save DC 19 fort for half

Unholy blight is the power he has as evolved... you suffer... nothing as you are evil!

Jana and the Priestess suffer (5d8)[23] and are sickened for (1d4)[4] rounds. Will DC 17 for half damage and no sickened.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

(d20+13)[24]

"Looks like be an arrogant self-absorbed mercenary just paid off."

LG will bathe it in fire once again. (6d6)[18]

20. - Top - End - #350

Spoiler
    Show

One question. Is there something stopping you from using the same breath all the time?

Cause I mentioned (and LG knows) that with this shield he takes 1/2 damage from fire... hence why not continue blasting with sonic that doesnt get this penalty?

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    yep. I cannot use the same breath effect twice in a row. I'd alternate with slow breath, but undead, therefore immune to the fort save breath that doesn't also effect objects.

22. - Top - End - #352

Spoiler
    Show

The will save was for Jana by the way. You are immune to holy blight for virture of being evil...

She has +7 will I think.

As the priestess and the little girl begin coughing at the assault of the vile cloud you take your time and blast your opponent.

He seems very weakened and cant be far off his true death but he shows no signs of fleeing or otherwise retreating. Instead he pulls a frost javelin from his back and throws it at you, after giving you an icy glance.

Spoiler
    Show

Ice glance (4d6)[15] DC 19 fort for half

attack with frost javelin

(1d20+13)[30] - crit confirm (1d20+13)[24]
    damage (1d6+10)[14] - crit damage (1d6+10)[14]
    (1d6)[5] cold damage + (1d10)[5] if crit.

Last edited by Monodominant; 2012-09-11 at 12:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    fort for half glance - (d20+13)[33]

that's another resistance and immunity used.

LG takes the spear and barely pauses.

"Let's end this with a boom." he says and thunder breath wracks the creature yet again. fort dc 22 - (6d6)[19] - er, dc 23.
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-09-11 at 01:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354

This last blasts utterly destroys the undead.

Slivers of ice, frost and needle like metal fly all over the place but you are too far to be affected.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

LG waits for the ladies to be done being sick. "Are you two going to be all right?" he asks.

26. - Top - End - #356

They slowly recover and look worse for wear but can walk. The priestess spends a few of her healing spells on the girl and Jana is cured of all wounds the blight and the gaze had inflicted on her.

27. - Top - End - #357

Spoiler
    Show

glitchy, kitsy breakerichy

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

"That was fun and all, and I'm glad we have nice treasure, but we still haven't found that night hag." LG leads them back up to the first intersection where they HAVEN'T thrououghly explored both paths and takes the other one.

29. - Top - End - #359

You do recall that when you had opened the doorway under the four faceted statue and had gone away to sleep for the night you did find claw marks at the entrance... you had searched the room and found nothing but that could indeed mean the Night Hag got out, not it...

You have gone up the stairs and are returning to the portal room when you notice something strange in the room where the Arcpriests lay... there is a small paper with red writting on the first sarcofagus.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

LG will pick up the paper wad and read it.