New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Green II

1. - Top - End - #511
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Little Green II

Spoiler
    Show

Hehe yep, it will be cool.

I sent him the PM, let see what he says!

AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

2. - Top - End - #512

The two guards outside don't even bat an eye at the unusual lizardman form after hearing of his purpose.

Go on in. Just be careful; stuff's been a bit crazy lately, so the boss has some pretty serious security in there in case someone tries something funny.

Walking in to the arena manager's office, you encounter this security; another pair of guards, one a rather mean-looking human, the other a portly hobgoblin. Both very clearly asleep. The door is ajar, and inside you see a third pair of individuals. These two are...different. One is a wild-eyed hobgoblin wearing a black robe and some sort of unusual blue leggings, standing on top of a desk and shouting. The other is a humanoid skeleton, mutely absorbing the hob's beratement and clad in the same blue leggings, cinched tight around its bony pelvis.

...and you're fat. Yeah, I said it. Whatcha gonna do, cry about it, Fatty Fatterson? Don't believe me? Just look for yourself.

The hob places a hat on the skeleton's head, who then instantly takes on the appearance of an obese and balding human male. At this moment, the hob notices his reptilian visitor.

Hello there, good sir. My apologies, just participating in a team-building exercise, and...ah, screw it. I was trying to see if I can make a skeleton anorexic. It's tougher than it looks, you know. In any case, what can I do for you? Are you here to fight in our decadently horrifying Arena or to be incarcerated in one of our spacious jail cells? Either way, Wilstaff and Bennett, at your service.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm here for fightsss." The little green lizardfolk hisses. Little Green was really starting to get into the role.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #514

Wilstaff sighs and shrugs at the skeleton.

I'm sorry, Bennie; no one ever wants to come for the jail cells. No problem, we always seem to find a fair amount of unwilling guests. Now then, my bombastic newcomer, let's see how we can best serve your death wish. Basic options are that you can wait around for another challenger and duke it out in a prizefight, pick something nasty from our menagerie to kill or be killed by, or if schedules permit Bennett and I will crawl in there and be your punching bags. For the menagerie, Twolly the half-troll is a popular choice, a pack of Aldhavenian hopping snakes, and we have some demonic whatsits too.

The mage spins and raises a finger to his lips.

Shut up your non-face, bonehead. We aren't offering that to newcomers. Got to give them a sporting chance.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

"Sssnakesss..." LG hisses, picking the one with the highest concentration of "s".

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-11-03 at 11:34 AM.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

6. - Top - End - #516

Spoiler
    Show
    It's bigger than you and me now. It's a part of Aldhaven's fauna!

Wilstaff raises a quizzical eyebrow.

...Right. Quite a talker, this one.

The hob whispers something, and the skeleton's arm raises, pointing a bony finger at the lizardman. Wilstaff looks embarassed and forces the arm down.

Now Bennett, it's not polite to point. And before you say anything else, it's even less polite to imply he has some sort of brain damage.

The skeleton stares forward at nothing, remaining mute.

What do you mean, he would have to have a brain first for it to be damaged? This is why we can't be a part of polite society, you know. I mean, this, and your shameless skirt-chasing, and how poorly you handle your booze, and you being an unholy abomination, and the fact that you only wear pants on Blue Jean Fridays.

As he always does eventually, Wilstaff remembers they are not alone.

Right, sorry, the snakes. We can make that happen, my sibilant supporter. Any particular number in mind? Or should we just throw a few of the bouncy buggers at you and see how it goes?

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

"All of them. I ssshal ssslay them all!" LG was totally sure what to make of this unhinged necromancer. On the other hand, as long as he doesn't start a cult to bring about a city-destroying dark god's form to the material, he'd deal.

8. - Top - End - #518

That's the spirit! Bennett, we shall have the minions loose all of the snakes upon this poor soul. Will be more fun than a barrel of monkeys. Which is also a fighting option, by the way. We can do a barrel of snakes, for that matter, if you desire. Smaller but deadlier. Now then, just the matter of payment. For either the barrel of snakes or the full-on snake onslaught, a mere 100 gold buys you the thrill of a lifetime, as well as a complimentary sketch from our in-house artist to commemorate your exciting memories here at the Arena, even if you have to suppress them later due to all the dying and such.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

LG will produce the 100 gold and say, "Sssoundsss fun."

10. - Top - End - #520

Then without further ado, let the carnage commence.

Wilstaff and Bennett split off and flank the disguised LG, walking alongside him to the Arena.

Spoiler
    Show
    And back to Mono for now; he'll handle the combat since I don't post very fast these days. If you would rather I ran it I can, but typically I only post one time a day on weekdays, and oftentimes not at all on weekends.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fine with mono taking over again.

good to rp with you again.

LG heads over to the snake pit, ready to see how it goes.

12. - Top - End - #522

You are shown into the arena.

An amalgam of glass, corridors etc.

Spoiler
    Show

Do you want to use the actual map and include measurements in step by step format or go descriptive?

At the center of the arena a very, very, very large clay barrel has been placed.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    for this, I'd like a map.

LG will go invisible and approach the barrel.

14. - Top - End - #524

Spoiler
    Show

Need to find the damn arena map but as search isnt properly working and I cant find threads started by others its proving very hard!

I will PM Hustler to ask him for it.

As you start approaching a wild susurus starts from the barrel. Within a few seconds 4 medium vipers and 2 large ones hop out of the barrel. They seem disorianted as they spread out and their tongues flicker in the air.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

LG will start with an icy blast, hoping it'll keep them disoriented. He knew reptiles didn't like the cold.

fort dc 22 half - (6d6)[18]

16. - Top - End - #526

The Map:

[spoiler]

-To reiterate what the map rules say above, everything in here is transparent. There is no way to block line of sight aside from magic, powers, or items. Please make a note of it.
    -Ignore the lava, it's not there. Those squares instead represent the unpassable border of the map.
    -Max elevation is 150 feet above 0. Go past that, you get disqualified as if you ran away.

-=-

The Barrel is at N13 and N14
    The medium vipers are located at M15, O15, N12, P12
    The large vipers have moved to R11 and K16 respectively

Please tell me which snakes you target and from which side are you (please give a specific square)

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

LG will be standing at O13 and blasing the medium vipers below him.

18. - Top - End - #528

The two snakes you target freeze and remain motionless obviously dead from your breath.

The remaining medium ones hop to P14 and try to bite you but you avoid one and the others teeth are not sharp enough to penetrate your skin.

Meanwhile the larger ones flee.

You are wondering why they do so when you hear a loud hissing noise. Turning towards the barrel you see a huge constrictor snake, easily 15 feet long, lashing out towards you. Once more your skin proves tough enough to resist the razor sharp teeth but the threat here is getting caught in its coils.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

LG will hit it with a line of fire. ref dc 23 half - (6d6)[26]

20. - Top - End - #530

The giant snake fails to get out of the way despite its fast reflexes and agility and your flames harm it quite a bit.

From behind you the two medium vipers bite at you but they fail to break through your scales.

The larger vipers are now somewhere as they continue hoping away.

The giant constrictor though means business as it attempts to grapple you and crush you. Unfortunately for it, its long tail gets caught in the barrel and holds it back making it miss.

Spoiler
    Show

Had to roll a 1...

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

LG will blast the snake with thunder!!!

fort dc 22 - (6d6)[19]

22. - Top - End - #532

The blast hits the snake but its constitution protects it from part of the damage. This time it manages to coil itself around you and tries to grapple you.

Spoiler
    Show

Opposed Grapple (1d20+23)[27]

If you dont manage to break it, also (1d3+4)[7] damage. DR applies off course.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

LG takes a small bit of damage and unleashes a torrent of fire on the thing.

ref dc 23 - (6d6)[21]

24. - Top - End - #534

Spoiler
    Show

Now its my turn to think I had posted!

The snake does not manage to avoid your flame given that you are grappling. Its near death and enraged so it doesnt let you go. Instead it pushes you to the limit by using its bulk to crash you and pin you down.

Spoiler
    Show

It does (1d10+8)[14] and pin at (1d20+23)[25]

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

LG blasts it with one more volley of fire.

ref dc 23 - (6d6)[30]

26. - Top - End - #536

Spoiler
    Show

Er, I believe you can use your ability in a grapple but not sure if you can flame in an actual pin...

Off course pin only lasts for a round and hence you can ready an action to use your breath before it gets a chance to pin you again if you want...

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    um... okay...

then LG readies an action to flame when the opportunity arises, and THEN he blasts it with a volley of fire.

28. - Top - End - #538

Spoiler
    Show

Well, thats how I always assumed it works... it says that while pinned you cant do anything but pinning only works for 1 round and then you need to reapply... so given DnD mechanics you can ready an action until someone tries to do an action... hence allowing you to take your breath action the moment the opponent reverts to grappling you and about to pin you... or at least thats how we played it back home...

The snake crashes you more (1d10+8)[15] but the moment it actually attempts to keep you back down from struggling you unleash your breath and burn it black.

The two small vipers continue to attack you in a very ineffectual way as they cant get their teeth through your scales.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    okay, that's fine. Would have drastically changed that one pvp fight LG got into with the grappler at the beginning of his story if I'd had that option then...

LG freezes them with a sheet of cold.

fort dc 23 - (6d6)[16]

30. - Top - End - #540

Both small vipers die from the cold.

What you dont expect though is what follows next...

You have just dispatched the vipers when the rumbling warns you that something is behind you. The next moment the large barrel, barrels into you trying to -eat- you.

Spoiler
    Show

Slam attack

(1d20+12)[14] - crit confirm (1d20+12)[22]
    Damage (1d8+4)[10] - crit damage (1d8+4)[10]

If it hits you need Reflex DC 16 or get stuck on it!