New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pirates of the Aether

"I'm coming for ya, Master Stoneforge!"

Dammit. When he's not up to his ears in some hairbrained invention, he's getting a deck dropped on him. Between him and keeping an eye on Kieran I barely have time to spit, let alone breathe.

Erin does what he can to help the dwarf out of the rubble.

"Give us a hand men."

Erin says to the crewmen he commandeered earlier, and anyone nearby. Then he calls out to the dwarf.

"Are you alright Master Stoneforge?"

2. - Top - End - #992
    Firbolg in the Playground

Picking his way carefully among the floor planks that were still in place, Gadashon hurriedly gathered up his gear, tightening buckles and securing straps. When the next shudder went through the sinking pirate ship, the added weight caused the pirate to lose his footing. The heel of his left boot slipped off of the wooden beam that he was standing on and he started to fall. Luckily, he was able to have Inigo strike out and lash himself onto a still-stable support overhead and stop Gadashon's fall short. Clamoring back to his footing, the rogue looked to Melanie and flashed a bright smile... his white teeth stark in comparison to his bronze-colored skin.

"That was close. Shall we?"
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Melanie seems unfazed by the blood, the fire, everything that should - by all rights - horrify one of her age. But she smiles back at Gadashon.

"Almost made me have to catch you." She replied, giggling. "And yes, I think we shall. If we can get a few things to help cover the cost of repair, it would definitely help."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

4. - Top - End - #994

"Ahh... but would you have?", Gadashon quips. He ponders for only a moment, before shaking his open hand dismissively.

"But that is a question to be answered another day."

He then led the way towards whatever material wealth that came first to the rogue's mind.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

5. - Top - End - #995
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course." Melanie replies simply. "Now come on, we don't have much time."
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran is frozen in grief at the helm.

My friend...my crew. I failed them again.

Only minutes ago Rok had been his old, ever dependable self. Solid and larger than life - it seemed impossible to imagine that he could fall so quickly and so quietly.

Ever keeping up the cheery, comical slow persona - it was almost too tempting to forget the man's hidden sensitivity. How being so alone - so vulnerable despite his size - must have tortured the man.

Kieran doesn't notice the scuffle between Aimari and Barty, nor that the crew are moving the pirates belowdecks...

Suddenly Kieran realises he's drifted into a reverie.

Wait? Where's Melanie? And Maia?

But then his gaze falls upon a prone figure on the deck.

'Is that her? THAT'S HER, ISN'AE IT!'

Kieran points to the pirate Captain prone on the deck.

'Master Barty, get that woman restrained and bring her tae me!'
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

7. - Top - End - #997
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty looks up. He was counting the other prisoners and fumbling around with some holy symbols. "Wha- Yessir!" He snaps into attention, and begins to tie up the enemy Captain.

When he finishes, he drags the unconscious pirate to Kieran. "If you want, I can replace a few of the lost crewmembers. We can never regain what we've lost, but I can convince a few pirates to help so we don't go undermanned."
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari, her rage seeming to have cooled off quite a bit, follows Barty over to Kieran, curious. She still seems larger and more present than normal, her posture ensuring that her cloak billows out behind her in the wind rather than covering her. She stands near the captain, wordlessly watching, as Barty brings over the enemy captain.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran collects himself slightly.

'That was some good work there. Both o' ye'.

'Keep a watch on the prisoners, Aimari, and get a count o' how many we've got. An' order someone tae start a tally o' missin', dead an' wounded. I dinnae see Maia, Rok or Arryl, so tha's fer a start'.

Lady, how many have we lost?

'I'm relyin' on ye, Aimari. We'll speak further later'.

'Replace the crew...get them tae help out...I dinnae think that's such a good idea. We'll see what they have tae say fer themselves, but I wouldnae trust one o' them free. I think we'll turn 'em over tae Serzai'.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive Barty (1d20+2)[17]

Kieran's tone turns hard.

'As fer this one, she will answer tae me fer the lives of me crew she has taken'.

Kieran gets a crewman to take the helm. Then Kieran uses one of his silk ropes to retie the Captain. If possible, Kieran takes 20.

'Keep her covered Master Barty, but remember, I want her alive! Fer now at least...'

When Kieran is sure that she is secure Kieran says

'Now bring her round if ye please Master Barty! Do what ye have tae do tae make her able tae talk - but remember, keep her alive'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari nods, heading off to tally up the remaining living enemies. She was curious about what would be done with the enemy captain, but for now it was necessary to deal with the bulk of the captured enemy forces. It would be annoying to deal with all of them...perhaps it would have been better to let them go down with their ship.

Of course, still riled up enough to do so easily, Aimari quickly delegates, ordering one person to tally up the crew, missing, wounded, dead, etc. and a few others to bring the prisoners to a place where they can be more easily counted.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Barty
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's planning to get as many of the other crew to help him... whatever the cost. The captain is safe however, but Barty seems to have a rather malicious plan.

Barty salutes. "Aye, sir." He pulls Larry aside. "Turn 4 of the weakest prisoners. Bring them to me before the pirate captain wakes." He preps to keep the enemy captain contained.

Larry grins gleefully. He rarely gets orders to outright turn people. Heck, he hardly gets orders to even fight. He was told to hold still the entire encounter with the pirates. "Barty, I am liking it here more and more. HUA."

Larry

Larry moved down to the prisoners and addresses Aimari. "Four prisoners, rare please." The wight chuckles at its cruel joke. "I need them for Barty's... actually, I have no idea what he's thinking. Either way, he wants me to turn them. I guess it's so we know what they know..." He smiles.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-02-22 at 06:39 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

'Wait a minute...what are you...'

Kieran sees something in Barty's face which sets alarm bells ringing.

Kieran looks about the deck.

'Where's that thing o' yours? The creature?'

Oh, please let the thing have been destroyed. Let it be cast untae the Lady forsaken blasted earth.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

"It is getting us some new interrogators. It's quite simple. I bring her a few 'convinced' pirates to ask her for some information. It's much more humane interrogation technique than torture."
    He says under his breath. "I will do what we must." He tries his best to be reassuring, but the captain seems worried.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

'Wh-What d'ye mean? Bring her a few convinced pirates... ye're nae plannin' tae turn tha' beast loose upon 'em? Tha's goin' too far. Their situation's desperate enough as it is - there's nae need tae put the fear intae them. Either they'll talk now, or they willnae talk at all'.

Kieran's torn between his fury and his sense of honour.

'Besides, it's nae likely tae work with such a one as her. It's enough that we hold her crews lives at our mercy. If that willnae sway her, I dinnae ken what will'.

Spoiler
    Show
    At the moment Kieran thinks Barty means to scare the men into compliance. He hasn't twigged Barty's true intent, quite yet.

'Recall the beast, if ye please. We'll do this our way. We dinnae need tae use that, ye and me'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

"Very well. I had hoped some friendly faces would be able to get us what we wanted without resorting to knives and nails. I'll see if I can find him before he makes us a few fresh mates."
    He heads out of the cabin.

Ironically, my honesty seems to be throwing the captain off. Weird. Even when I play fair people do not trust me.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-02-22 at 07:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari looks at Larry, looks at the prisoners, looks at Larry. She considers her orders for a moment.

"No," she says.

And hits the wight with a pulse of flame point-blank. The stink of burnt flesh fills the air moments after the sudden blast of fire is gone, but Aimari ignores it.

"Tell Barty that next time he wants something like this he can come get scorched personally. I have orders from the captain and I won't allow a maggot like you or that idiot to interfere with them," Aimari says, anger flaring again. "Now run along before I serve you up well-done with lemon garnish,"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lesser Orb of Fire, go!

Pulling the punch, so to speak, to 1d8 by reducing the CL to 1.

Assuming I hit, there's not really any way to miss and it'd screw up the scene for the blast to randomly fly off in some other direction.
    (1d8)[7]

EDIT: Good thing I did. With another "good" roll like that I might have accidentally exploded Barty's class feature companion.

Luckily Barty can 'heal' Larry in a minute or so, tops.

Say, can I get an Intimidate on the prisoners? Hell, Aimari's casual assault by fire of a crewmember is probably just as frightening as his (probably) casual response and total lack of pain.
    I: (1d20+9)[13]
    Last edited by PersonMan; 2013-02-23 at 02:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

"Well, that's nothing short of rude."
    Barty walks in. "Aimari, is your lack of control going to continue to be an issue? Larry was only acting under his orders that I delegated to him from the captain." He gives a quick gesture to Larry, telling him not to proceed.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-02-23 at 07:53 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

Aimari turns to the newly arrived Barty, smiling in a way that shows a bit of her teeth. There's no humor in it, the expression makes it seem more like she wants to skin him with her teeth than it makes her seem happy.

"Orders the captain would never give. Or should I go ask him if he wanted for your pet here to convert our prisoners into more of its kind?" She asks, the full force of her hate back in her voice. "You may consider it fine to betray the captain's morals behind his back but I swore an oath. Even if I can ignore such attempts at going against his wishes, what I will not stand for is you misinterpreting his decisions or outright lying to further your own pitiful agenda," she continues, closing the distance between them somewhat. "Especially if it would keep me from fulfilling my orders, which I actually received," she finishes, looking up into his eyes, her own alight with anger.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty sighs. He would point out that the orders have been rescinded and thank her for avoiding a potential misunderstanding, but this is exactly the sort of misconduct he was worried about. It's also really hard to apologize to someone when they are trying to belittle you. Either way, he decides Aimari should know there are people in the crew she should not be bullying. "Well, were you under orders to batter a crewmate? You assume far too much, Aimari. Regardless of his orders or what I am doing, your actions are thoroughly despicable." He doesn't bother any more words. He walks off, gesturing the wight to follow. He has a captain to wake up.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-02-23 at 12:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

Kieran starts to calm down a little, his anger cooled by his revulsion at the wight bullying the prisoners.

What am I doin'? Is this really the kind o' man I want tae be? I'll give her a chance tae answer fer what she did. Then I'll decide her fate.

Kieran turns his attention to helping the crew restore order, clear away the immediate damage, and get the wounded to the sickbay.

Sailor check (1d20+6)[26]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty walks up to Kieran and salutes. "I have belayed Larry's order, thanks to and despite Aimari. She was bullying him before turning her ire on me. Obligatory singe marks included."Barty grumbles the last part. He didn't seem to be in a good mood. Larry was cradling a burnt arm.

"Regardless, I intend to rouse the imprisoned captain. I believe you wish to be present for the interrogation."

Damned pyromance talking down to me. Maybe I should have an agenda. Yeah, that'd show how good she is at her job when all of the prisoners die of deadly Wight outbreak. Or even better if she ends up toasting them herself.
    >:l
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-02-23 at 01:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

As casualty and damage reports come in, it becomes clear that the Gambit is not going to go far.

More than half of her lower two decks are gone. Three cannons were destroyed, and thirty sailors are dead, with twice as many wounded.

To make it worse, the number of pirates that did manage to get aboard is enough that they could make a serious attempt at taking the ship. Sixty brutes managed to get aboard, and there is probably at least ten weapons of various sorts bewtween them.

Gadashon and Melanie
    Aboard the Pirate ship.

You make your way, carefully, down to the hold. More than once you had to double back and try a different route. And that isn't counting the times the path behind you simply fell away after you crossed.

You make your way into the hold. The room is falling apart. As you open the door, a large section of the floor simply gives out, dumping chests and barrels of ill-gotten gains out into the Aether.

As you enter the room the ship begins to shake violently. You have maybe enough time to grab one chest from the wall next you. The question is, which one?

Spoiler
    Show
    There are four identical chests you can choose from. They are unlabeled and any kind of manifest probably just went through the floor.

You can either choose one, or roll 1d4 and let chance have its way with you.

For purposes of this scene, Melanie's weightless ability is restricted to carrying Gad and one chest. In total, meaning you don't both get one.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

23. - Top - End - #1013

"Well, that is a shame...", Gadashon frowns as several chests plummet towards the chaos below. He then turns and considers the four remaining chests that they could get to.

Turning to Melanie, the pirate spoke in a hurried tone, "I could try and open these, however I do not think that time is on our side, my lady. As you must hold onto me on our return and I have but two hands, it would appear as though we must, sadly, choose only one chest. I am not privy to the contents of any of them. However, since the rightful claim upon this treasure rests with your crew, I leave the decision up to you."

Gadashon bows once more, eyeing the rapidly deteriorating room around them with no small amount of caution.

"I beg only that it be a swift decision, if you please."
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2013-02-23 at 04:39 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Melanie blinks for a moment, then point at one of the chests.

Open that one if you can. I'll catch you if the deck gives out." She says, a shell of Light sweeping out around them to shield the two from any debris or still functioning traps.

Spoiler
    Show
    Chest number....(1d4)[3]

Shifting 2m from Weightless to free, evoking Crystal Shelter for +3 to AC and +1 to reflex saves. She'll keep this barrier evoked around her until she needs to move.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2013-02-23 at 04:52 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

25. - Top - End - #1015

"As you wish."

Gadashon then removes his thieves' tools and approaches the third chest, as indicated by Melanie. Before he attempts to pick the lock, however, he gave the chest a once-over to look for traps.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+8)[16] (Search check)
    (1d20+4)[8] (Disable Device check, if needed)
    (1d20+7)[23] (Open Lock check)
    Last edited by Erasmas; 2013-02-23 at 05:39 PM.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grym paced the deck of the slowly sinking Gambit. Worried about Melanie and what she was doing with the newcomer. Whatever they were doing seemed to be taking a very long time. She watched in horror as something fell from the bottom of the other ship. She breathed a sigh of relief when she had seen that they were only chests. She hoped that no one would notice the claws marks on the ship's railing.
    "I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.". - Loki

Loki avatar by Comissar

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Erasmas:(1d6)[2] damage from a needle trap. Reflex for half.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

As Kieran gets the damage figures, and the number of pirates held captive, his priorities change quickly.

'My apologies, Master Barty, it appears that this will have to wait. Take Mistress Grym, and Melanie, Arryl and Maia if ye can find them, and make sure that the prisoners are secure, and disarmed. Get their weapons, and have them tied and shackled as far as possible. Dinnae harm them - unless they try to escape, or take the ship, then ye have me permission to kill them'.

Kieran has the ship circle back around.

'Alright, lower the altitude - we're going to have to bring her into land'.

Kieran aims to bring the Gambit to about 20ft off the suface, and around 1000m from the wreck of the pirate ship.

'We'll salvage their hull, and make repairs. Need tae recover as much food and water as possible too'.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Barty

Barty seems to spaced out for a second. He seems to be considering something. He unbuckles his sword belt, handing it to the captain. "Aye, sir. You had better hold onto my sword. I would not want to arm them if something goes wrong. I believe Melanie left with the rogue we captured to the other ship. Other than that, I'll have the orders carried out immediately." He salutes again, and marches off to fetch Grym and Arryl.

Larry is left behind, without orders. "So... how are you?"

---

"Grym! How are you faring?"
    Barty walks over to his... associate. Not many friends aboard, he reminds himself. "Listen, the Captain want us to make sure the prisoners are secure and disarmed with Arryl. I am not entirely sure which one is Arryl, though."

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grym welcomes the distraction that Barty brings, she even smiles at him. "Sounds like fun," She then adds, I believe Arryl is the bird looking one."
    Last edited by theskorpionking; 2013-02-24 at 08:33 PM.
    "I am the monster parents tell their children about at night.". - Loki

Loki avatar by Comissar