New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: A Thorn In The Hand IC

Halabur chuckles as he hears the Mage scream, he'd be giving him his full attention soon. He turns to the tiger, "Sorry Tony," he addresses the tiger. "It's been great!"

He fires a shining white blast from his wand, striking the tiger square on the nose.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile for (1d4+1)[2] damage. Apparently this also kills the tiger because he had 1 HP.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-12-17 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

The Tiger hisses as the magical bead hits it. It then wobbles and collapses heavily on top of Mailali, twitching, but not breathing.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Caranyan stays where he is, still scanning the fog bank for signs of the Orc.

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

4. - Top - End - #1024

Eleanora

Eleanora flashed Halabur a grin as the tiger hit the ground.

"Nicely done!" She said, relieved that at least one foe had been dealt with. But that feeling soon changed to one of worry upon seeing the damage done to Maiali. She ran to Valor and mounted up, before turning her attention to the healer.

"Father Clearsight," She said to the cleric, more sternly than she intended. "Can you tend to the elf? I fear that he may be in dire condition, and the less time we spend here the better. I suggest we make haste soon, if we should find him able to ride."

Verossa glowered under the cover of the fog, frustrated at the elusiveness of her quarry. Suddenly, a shrill scream exploded out of the cover of the mist. Whirling around to face it, the hexblade did the best she could to pinpoint the sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20-1)[11]

If Verossa can pinpoint the mage, she'll move to engage/inspect the area. If not, she'll try and move somewhere close.
    Last edited by Machuchang; 2012-12-17 at 11:01 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Verossa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Even with the Orc screaming, you still cant seem to locate his exact location.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Fort Save due to Bat Swarm:
    (1d20+4)[20]

The Orc, managing to break himself free of the swarm makes his way out of the fog, though those of you who are watching for him still don't see him.

**Spot Check please Drayner.**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-12-18 at 12:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Spot Check for Caranyan: (1d20+7)[24]

Spot Check for Minserien:(1d20+6)[20]

Both the Elves look round, seeing a slight distortion of the air moving away from the fog, raising their bows and lining up a shot.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-12-18 at 12:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: [roll]1d20_1[/roll] Roll failure
    Last edited by D_Man_7733; 2012-12-18 at 12:05 AM.
    Timezone: GMT +10.0

Pokemon Tabletop Adventures/United: THE HUB

9. - Top - End - #1029

ElfWarriorGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+1)[10]

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After scanning the area with your eyes, you still don't see anything.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

Caranyan, having waited for any sign on the Orc looses his arrow at the distortion in the air, shortly followed by one from Minserien.

Caranyan:
    Concealment Roll: (1d100)[70]
    Comp Long Bow Attack: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[7]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+8)[19]
    Crit Damage (if required): (3d8+3)[19]

Minserien:
    Concealment Roll: (1d100)[5]
    Comp Long Bow Attack: (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[5]
    Crit Confirm (if required): (1d20+6)[23]
    Crit Damage (if required): (3d8+3)[20]

Minserien's arrow flies off into the fog, well away from the distortion and anyone else.
    Caranyan's shaft though speeds through the air, striking true in the center of the distortion, causing another scream which quickly turns into a gurgling cough as you see the arrow sinking to the ground, and the solid form of a scrawny Orc start to appear.
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-12-18 at 12:26 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1032

ElfWarriorGuy

"I'll see if the orc had anything useful, you guys help... Mailali.
    The spur of the orc dying suprised Drayner as the arrow hit the invisible mass, making him lose concentration, and the swarm dissapearing before anyone got a chance to actually see it.

Drayner dismounts, holding shadow by the straps and guiding him to the slowly returning visible orc, and begins searching the orcs body for the bag he threw the tiger out of, as well as any other general valuables. Divying the valuables up as he goes.

"Oh and Raif, would you mind giving Shadow hear a bit of a heal, the burns still seem to be affecting him"

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Magic "ACTIVATE"
    Search (if necessary): (1d20+1)[8]

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Drayner:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Orc doesn't seem to be carrying much, an old gnarled staff, an amulet and the bag tied to his belt, along with an empty looking backpack.
    As far as anything magical showing up, the Orc itself has a rapidly fading glow, the pouch at his belt shines solidly as does the amulet.

14. - Top - End - #1034

ElfWarriorGuy

Taking the items, Drayner will take shadow over to the rest of the group and show them the items... "Oh... VEROSSA! He's down, you can come out now" Once everyone is around, he points out the Orcs possesions, "Ok everyone ther is a magical amulet and bag, as well as a staff if anyone wants it." (He helps Mailali out from under the tiger if noone else has by the time he gets there, he's walking and leading the horse behind him)

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Thank you, Drayner!" Maiali says as he climbs out from under the dead tiger. He picks up, cleans and sheaths his swords before checking out the wounds on his thighs, arms and body.
    Last edited by Simba; 2012-12-18 at 03:01 AM.
    Act well before thinking!

16. - Top - End - #1036

Eleanora

The dame rode over to Drayner, curious as to what the magic items were.

"We have already seen what the bag is capable of, but this amulet you speak of intrigues me. Drayner, would you mind if I tried it on?"

"Well done, all!" Verossa said as she made her way out of the mist. "My only complaint is that I didn't get to off the blighter myself. Oh well, better luck next time."

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ogre in the Playground

**And out of all that you get a grand total of.... 550XP? WTF! Doesn't seem right, but I used the XP calculator on the SRD.

Can I assume that Drayner has handed the amulet over to Eleanora?**

18. - Top - End - #1038

ElfWarriorGuy

*Unless anyone else has a problem with it, it's fine with me, so yes*

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

As Eleanora takes the small golden disk on a silver chain, she notices the engraving of a roaring bears head on it.
    As she puts it on she feels her body grow hardier as the effects of the battle seem to just wash away.

Eleanora:
    Spoiler
    Show
    **It's an Amulet of Health +2, though you don't actually know that yet.**

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

As the tiger goes down Raif replies to Elenora.

'Yes m'Lady, get the mage, leave the wounded to me...except...it seems we are victorious'.

Without hesitation, Raif runs to Rochenion and begins healing him.

Heal Rochenion (1d8+3)[9]
    Heal Rochenion (1d8+3)[9]

As Elf's flesh knits, Raif calls Mailali over.

'I'm sorry I could not save you from the beast's claws. This will hurt a little...'

Heal Mailali (1d8+3)[7]

As Drayner calls, Raif thinks

Wants me to heal his horse? When we have wounded comrades to heal?

Then Raif thinks

He probably does not know how wounded they are. Besides, without his wand, we would all have died, some twice over...Drayner allowed me to succeed in my duty where I would have failed, and we would all have been lost. Raif looks at the wand in his hand, turning the plain piece of wood over.

So simple...to think such a thing saved us from disaster and something else nags at his memory...

'Certainly Drayner! But you'll have to bring him over'.

Suddenly a thought strikes Raif.

'Comrades, did we not...receive a similar wand from Talhruamy? What happened to it?'

When Drayner is closer Heal Shadow (1d8+3)[8]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

Raif Clearsight, Human Cleric, A Thorn in the Hand.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=420661

Kieran Swiftsure, Human Rogue, Pirates of the Aether.
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=422092

21. - Top - End - #1041

GreenSorcererElf

Halabur's eyebrows raise in surprise. "We had another? This is good news indeed if we can find it." He looks over the staff, trying to find any magical significance to it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Arcana [roll]1d20+10[/roll]
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-12-18 at 09:19 AM.
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

22. - Top - End - #1042

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Arcana (1d20+10)[29]

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif looks sadly at the bloodied head of the massive cat. Even in dying the creature had a kind of majesty. Now the light was fading from its massive yellow eyes.

'Wait, did anyone get the bag?'

Raif pulls out the wand again and checks the tiger to see whether it can be saved.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess it would be a healing check if Raif needed to make one?
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-12-18 at 01:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can try one if you want.

Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The staff appears to you to be nothing but a gnarled, knotty willow branch with a couple of animal skulls tied to it.

**Sorry I didn't reply earlier, for some reason the thread didn't show as updated from when I checked it last night.**
    Last edited by Malak'ai; 2012-12-19 at 03:34 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif examines the tiger, to see whether it can be stabilised.

Heal Check (1d20+6)[19]

'Drayner, if you have the bag the beast was summoned from, I'd like to try returning the poor creature. It had no choice in what it did, and it should not lose its life for its summoner'.

'Can anyone see any pursuers? The first group of orcs? Or perhaps they were all illusions'.
    Last edited by Wordplay; 2012-12-19 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Grammatical mistake
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters:

26. - Top - End - #1046

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+4)[15]
    Spot [roll]1d20+1[/roll

27. - Top - End - #1047

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: [roll0]

28. - Top - End - #1048

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+1)[10]

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

Raif:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You manage to stabilize the Tiger. It's still groggy. You have one round to return it to the bag.

Halabur:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see the Orc's and Hobgoblins still trying to catch their breath in the distance.

30. - Top - End - #1050

ElfWarriorGuy

"Yeah sure, I'm not sure how it works though... as far as I can tell he just pulled the tiger out of it, I don't think we're gonna be able to fit the tiger back in though" Drayner looking dubiously between the tiger and bag hands it to Raif.

Pulling out his spyglass Drayner gives a quick look over the area the orcs and hobgoblins were approaching from as well as the sky arount them.

Spoiler
    Show
    SPOT (with spyglass (everything it 2x bigger)): (1d20+1)[9]