New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Reign IC

Vagrant nodded, seemingly to himself. 'The dizziness is passed now. Sam, I think I need your aid a deal more than I did moments ago. Please take me to the hospital?'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Why is it always desperate survivors of an apocalyptic war? Why does nobody ever drop in from the timeline of kittens and sunshine just to say hi?"

Air Ace v. 1.0 listens to Tom's tale, doing her best to appear sincere and sympathetic. His mention of the Blackest Night seemed like proof of what the two travelers had said, that their world was a close parallel to this one. She would certainly like to believe him, but...

...But Dr. Dare had been able to get more from the timeship's readouts than she had, and he said that the aperture between the worlds had been magical in nature. Someone was lying, and it probably wasn't the supergenius reading data collected by the supertech marvel time machine.

She keeps up the questions, trying to keep the pair at ease and talking while sparing the smallest of glances towards her teammates, to gauge their reaction to all this. "How did that happen? The extinguishing of all magic? That's... I don't... that sounds like something only a god, or a godlike thing like Omega could do." We really need Vagrant here for this. He's practically made of magic, he'd know the truth. Or Shade... if she's still on speaking terms with the team.

"And does it have to be Excalibur? We have a lot of magic stuff here, isn't there some other artifact we could use for this 'seed'? One that isn't being used by someone every day to save the world?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[19] Sense Motive for the King.
    Lovely Gorgon avatar by smuchmuch!

Excellent Ex-avatar Collection
    Spoiler
    Show

Air Ace and Gremlin by the superb kpenguin.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

Remembrance waited for Apollo to weigh in on whether their story made any sense from a magical perspective, but still had a question of her own. "Why do you need to steal it? Why not just ask our Wallace for his help?"

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dare crosses his arms and looks hard at Thomas. "That is increasingly becoming my question on this matter. So far, all I'm inclined to do is take you for an audience with your father so you can ask him for help. Here are my reasons not to steal Excalibur. One, it is a unique dimensional artifact and should not be removed without its owner's permission, particularly if we end up needing it the way you do (no details please). Two, it is constantly in the possession of Jake Wallace and removing it would be extremely hazardous to our health (man tends to leave more dead people than live ones). Three, your mode of travel is still suspicious, not the least because our Air Ace has a purely technological ship she used to travel here. And please remember to use generalities, I don't want you contaminating our timeline with future knowledge. To reiterate, unless I get a clear and compelling reason, I will provide transport to Jake's location and transport back to your dimension for you. I will put a stop to any attempt you make to take Excalibur by force." He stands still and waits for Thomas's reply.

Spoiler
    Show

Old avatar by KP (I think)
    Green Lantern of the Rayneverse

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ghost & The Wizard

As Sam leads 'John' away Shade follows not too far behind, keeping an eye on the pair for anything usual.

Nothing odd occurs.

Sam does not act particularly threatening, in fact she seems genuinely caring.

It takes a little while due to having to work your way through the rubble strewn streets but Vagrant and Sam eventually reach the hospital. Sam checks 'John' in and Shade still notices nothing amiss. Vagrant is asked to change into a hospital gown and his belongings are left at the front desk, what little of those he has. Sam helps him into an MRI machine and floating behind her Shade waits for any news on Vagrant's condition.

No news comes immediately as Vagrant is poked and prodded but Sam does so far seem on the up and up.

The Doctor, The Rememberer & The Aviator

Air Ace 2.0 is the one who replies to the classic flavor

"Have you ever heard of a Vagrant Morph? It's a solid, and often living, embodiment of magic. Well as a wise Culdis once told me any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science and in the end magic is energy. In our world's history two Vagrant Morphs ended up taking the forms of two opposing wave functions of magical energy. Through destructive interference they cancelled each other out. Except it didn't end with their destruction. Their change echoed out in a wave, we called it the Zero Magic Cascade, all magic eventually became part of either wave and was deconstructed in a blast of magical energy felt around the world. Magic essentially ate itself alive."

Tom speaks up to continue the explanation

"It has to be Excalibur. Firstly Excalibur is one of the few artifacts we know of that is durable enough to survive the amount of energy we need to put into it for long enough for our plan to succeed and secondly for our process to work it has to be an artifact that someone on our side has complete mastery over so we can control the new magic for long enough that it doesn't just become a blast that scorches the world."

Air Ace 2.0 takes Remembrance questions

"We don't believe Jake Wallace would be willing to give up his most prized possession to save a parallel reality that he owes no allegiance too. Jake is a hero but he is also a pragmatist who believes saving the world rests near solely on his shoulders. Knowing what you know do you think he would give us the sword by choice?"

Tom replies to Doctor Dare

"Fine then out of respect for all of you, and Jake, I'll give him a chance to hand over Excalibur willingly. We're ready for transport whenever you are."

Spoiler
    Show
    Air Ace seems to get the impression that in so far as everything the King has said he's on the up and up.

The Voice

Decibelle fights.

She battles and she roars until it's all just a blur.

One after another the crowd cheers and her opponent hits the mat. One after another she wins.

The night wraps up, her cheering admirers go home, milling out of the hidden arena in twos and threes. Louey hands her a wad of cash, a lecherous gaze and a pat on the back before waddling away himself.

Decibelle is left alone in the locker room.

Decibelle is alone.

What do you do?
    Loki Avatar by Me

6. - Top - End - #486

"Fair enough." Air Ace nods blankly at her doppelganger's explanation. It seemed to make sense, but there was little in this world (or any other, for that matter) that Emily knew less about than magic. She leaves Vagrant out of the conversation for now. "Oh, we've got one of those. He's nice." is not the correct response to a worldwide cataclysm.

"So we're going to go meet the King, then?" This was going to happen sooner or later, though the ideal circumstances would've involved fewer cross-dimensional relatives and less attempted burglary. Jake Wallace, the King of Camelot.

Emily knew Jake Wallace. She liked Jake Wallace. She had done things not mentionable in polite company with Jake Wallace. But not this one. Her Jake was not a statesman, not the ruler of a sovereign nation. He was not directly responsible for the lives of thousands of people. He was light-hearted, snarky and dashing. A swashbuckler, to use a term from another era.

Man tends to leave more dead people than live ones.
    Her Jake was also not a killer, though he'd never been put in the situations this one had. Would he be, if pushed to those extremes? She had the discomforting feeling the answer was yes. But if you flipped it around... would she be willing to kill to save those she cared about? Yes. So perhaps this wasn't something to hold against Jake Wallace of Earth-8. Perhaps this King was more like hers than first glance would suggest.

Not that that made meeting him any less awkward. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Emily took a deep breath and sighed. "Alright, lead the way."

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't one of the BIG point of the Vagrant morphs (according to vagrant backstorry a least) than there can only be ONE at a time ? (and they never take a similar form twice ?)

edit: Uh no, they are just very very rare. My bad. Welp.

"It seems while many innocents were dying you got some kind of gardian angel of your own." Shade's voice is cold as she resonate in Vagrant skull before they put him into the RMI. To avoid confusion she adds quickly "I don't mean it litteraly, I have no idea what she is., but you seem into good hands after all."
    "Sam" somehow even managed to get the doctor to prep a RMI for him when you'd think they'd be busy dealing in priority with all the much more injured victims from the aftermath of the flood and collpased buildings. She shrugs "And I've got better things to do. I'll be back later. I'll tell you all I know about you in details then" She marks a small thoughfull pause. Maybe he is better without his memories and out of this mess. "If you really want to know. And get you a meet with your old team. There might be something else I can try for you tonight, so try not to sleep too much now. If you have to move, try to leave a message or meet me this evening back in the park, 7PM. that's all."

Sahde floats in the corridor ouside before lookign by a window. Funny by now she'd think she would be entirely desensibilized to the presence of injury and death and yet she still feel a small twinge. Maybe because right now those pristine corridors are much too overcrowded than they should be and somewhere, someone is responsible for it.
    On the other hand despite the devestation that touched part of it, life still goes on undaunted int he rest. Good old freedom city alright, resilient as it is jaded. Hopefully, the timekeepers office building didn't change from one reallity ot another, so she'll be able to leave a message here on her way.

Now to go meet Decibelle, whoever she may be.
    she's not sure why , she just know she has too. It feels...uncomfortably familiar. The ghost decides to put that feeling aside for now and start thinking on how to proceed. Intuition, connections and observation, They are undeniably necessary tools of a detective. But they are much more efficient oif you have a method ot it. And .. well sheer luck helps too. particulary when you don't have any big leads. But mostly method.

Memory flicks a couple of faint cards. One is of a newbie superhero she doesn't remember ever seing before ecpet in news, the other a femalle wrestler. Assuming they aren't the same (unlikely though, that's not exactly a commong name or even pseudonym), she'll make a quick look for the superhero first. Assuming she's enough of a girl scout she might have tried to stop the catastrophy or is now helping the rescue teams. Shade will try to check the hospital reccords of different hospitals to see if anyone with a compatible costume or a similar pseudonym as been admited in first then check in the few building blocks where they are still digging around. It's unlikely to weild much results but seeing as she can fly around it won't take her that much time, a couples of hour at best
    As for the wrestler, we'll she should be easier to find., otr at lreas tthe ring she's working at Hopefully it won't be any part of town touched by the flood. Might take a bit of time though, she'll have to dig herself some puppet to possess though (even the more jaded street contact tend to have trouble with disincarnated voices talking to them), ask a couple of bookies of her knowlege.

And when she find the woman .... wait and see then ?
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-12-31 at 04:46 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Shade

A hooded girl waits in the early morning light outside of an old, supposedly closed down nightclub near the barrio. A hood and the shadow of the alley she stands at the mouth of dulls her features . . .

her plastic features . . .

Shade, possessing a plastic form, waits patiently outside where her living and dead contacts have informed her the wrestler works. The exits are limited but now she has to decide whether to wait or to go inside and risk other being inside who might react kindly to Shade's . . . usual complexion.

What do you do?
    Loki Avatar by Me

9. - Top - End - #489

Decibelle knocks out her opponent with ease. Most of her matches are set up for the audience to see a pretty girl trounce an ugly thug and she rarely gets a real challenge. When Louey givers her her winnings she has her usual internal struggle between trying to flirt a few extra bucks out of him and knocking him across the room. As usual, she just takes the money and does neither. After, when she's alone in the locker room, the usual post show calm washes over her and the brash demeanor and atrociously fake southern accent she sports on stage fade away. The attitude will be back when she returns to her daily life, the accent will stay in the arena. She begins to almost mechanically change into civilian clothes including a sweatshirt with a deep hood to make sure no one sees the up and coming hero Decibelle leaving a criminal enterprise like the Circuit Maximus.

Most nights she would either go to a bar or club to find some company or go out in costume to clean up the streets, which lately has meant literally cleaning up the garbage and debris left by Godzilla and the flooding. The nights when she fights are always the same though, a quick, silent walk back to her apartment and a long sleep to recover from the night before.

Normally a person with no audible heart beat would grab her attention immediately, but in her post show haze she doesn't notice the plastic figure watching her from a nearby bench.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Shade & Decibelle

Shade sees a hooded young woman exit the supposedly abandoned club.
    Loki Avatar by Me

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

Remembrance not-so-casually stepped forward and spoke to Wallace. "Wait. We only have your word at this point about who you are and what your intentions are. We can't just bring you both into see a head of state. So how about this: you leave your Air Ace behind with me while Dare and our Ace goes with you? You can plead your case, king to king, and we have a little insurance you won't do anything...rash all by yourself. You're a royal, right? This sort of thing's right up your alley."

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

The Doctor, The Rememberer & The Aviator

The King nods to Remembrance then turns to his Air Ace

"Stay with them Sarah. No matter what happens, and try to be polite."

She nods

"I can be polite. I'm always polite."

Tom just smirks in amusement

"Neo-Tokyo."

She barks back

Hey! That doesn't count!"

He shakes his head with a smile

"C-4 detonations are not the correct ambiance for a ball."

The King turns back to Dare, Remembrance and Air Ace

"Anything else or are we ready to go?"
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-12-31 at 08:26 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

The woman in a hoodie is aproached by another one in a very similar attire, except possibly trendier and newer like it was just taken out of the store one might say. It's not the only thing in fact

Breathing her own life into an object, is more than just take it over. It's becoming the object itself and somethig a little more. It is not as cold and termmenting than the permanent sensory deprivation of being a but it such a strange and utterly alien experience.
    While most of her essence is diverted to move, putting energy where there should be none, a litltle part of her can still influence the mind of watchers. Visualy it smoothes the unatural features, gives the impression of moving muscle where the plastic warp animate itself in natural ways and round slightly the unatural feature into somethign that may look human even in a decent light. A slightly sickly woman with clunky movements and a very pale complection but certainly not a manequin. Auraly, it imitate faint sounds of breathing and gives her 'voice' to talk. She has to avoid contact as much as possible though, because if anyone gets a good feel of her 'skin', it's over.

The whole thing is quite draining, so she doesn't do it too often.
    Seeing the faces of the store clerks is alway almost worth it though, it's one of those little things that makes the cold afterlife a little warmer.

Speaking of seeing some people faces...

----------------
    If the timekeepers go back to their base they'll see a few objects mssing, mostly things with mundane quality (though if there some light weapon like agun or a taser they'll be gone too), at least one picture of Dr dare has been angrilly defaced and if someone left some money somewhere it's gone. There's a note on the entrance lobby's table, the letters are written in pseudo imprimery font bu tbig andt slightly wavery as if someone had tried to writte as clearly as possible with numb fingers.

Found Vagrant. In company. Recuperating at North eAst hospital. Physicaly fine. Brain damage ? Amnesia.

Ps: You really need a better security system

----------------------

The least they owed me. Besides store manequins do not come up with wallets full or credit cards sadly. But getting abck to our dark alley

"Excuse me. Are you a brawler here ?" Despîte her slightly cold and whispery voice she gives a small apologetic smile and she looks slightly downward, hiding her face in the hood. "I have a friend of mine who is a fan of a brawler named Decibelle, I'd like to get an autograph for her." Best excuse she could find to get near her target, seeing as she doesn't even know what she looks like.

Or why she's supposed to find her for that matter. It really kind of worry her, to be honnest, is she manipulated by compulsions once again like when she had to search for that object ? Normaly she'd be a lot more paranoid about it but the circumstances are somewhat different, she recently got to saw a big chunk of the fututre in one big hard to uderstand second. Besides she wants to get to the bottom of this.

She'll get a short meeting with this girl, maybe chat a bit with her, then it'll allow her to follow her mark around. See what happens.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-12-31 at 09:04 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

14. - Top - End - #494

Kiera looks stunned, as if unsure what to do with herself. After a moment her eyes glaze over and she bows her head, hiding her face under her hood.

She says in a flat voice "Sorry, you must be mistaken" and walks past Shade without a second glance.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

The Wizard

'John' lies on a bed, in a medical gown, alone in hospital room as Sam discusses something worriedly with a doctor just outside the door. The ghost has been gone or quite some time leaving 'John' with the time and solitude to question his sanity beyond just amnesia.

It is at just this moment of introspection that there is an explosion.

It's typical isn't it? Any hero in Freedom City gets a little soul search-ey and all of a sudden a world is ending or an alien invasion is occurring or someone is trying to rewrite history. Psychologists must have the single most dangerous profession in the entire city.

Sadly for Vagrant 'John' can't just take a sick day on his behalf and just go back to sleep.

As 'John' gets up Sam rushes into the room

"No need to get up! I'm sure the super heroes are dealing with whatever this is! NO need for more heroics from you!"

'John' looks out of his window out across the city to see a massive ovoid dark shape high in the sky over the Olympian Technologies building just off Freedom Plaza. It's too high up for him to make out any detail or anything other than that it's colour is dark . . . oh and that it is FREAKING MASSIVE.

What do you do?
    Loki Avatar by Me

16. - Top - End - #496

Dare nods once. "Very well, let's get going. Hopefully the king is at home at the moment. And Air Ace...er, Two, if you can fly up and scan the rift you used to get here, I'd appreciate any information about its continuing effects. Just a request, though, if you are able." With that, he sets the end of his staff firmly on the ground and concentrates on the probable location of Camelot based on all recent data.

Light glows around the three travelers, enveloping them as they disappear, then fades to reveal Camelot. As the light fades, Dare sags against the staff in exhaustion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dare is now exhausted. He'll need healing or rest before teleporting again safely.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Notice(1d20+10)[19] According to Raynn diffiuclty 20 to see the big mass of doom over Freedom Plaza from the alley

"Oh I am sorry then" The strange pale woman excuse herself before moving to the club's door. with her hood covering her face and with tall buildings around in the line of sight, she doesn't notice the large looming sihouette in the sky.

Shade enters the club, quickly giving a few bucks for her entry to any guard to discourage any undue question discourage and asks if there is any performer called Decibelle around, she'd like to talk to her.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-01-01 at 06:26 PM.

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

The King, The Doctor, The Lantern & The Aviator

Camelot.

As the morning light dances over masterpieces of architecture alongside technological marvels it can surely be said that there is no more wondrous a city in the western world, but even a work of art can have blemishes. Here and there the damage done by the attack of the New Crime Syndicate is still visible, a telling reminder that in the modern day even the grandest of hold fasts is not impervious to the attacks of the few.

The Green Lantern of Sector 2814 and Jake Wallace the King of Camelot stand alone in silence in the living space of King Jake's royal apartment at this very moment, both somber-ed by a battle with a particularly vile enemy.

Jake glances out at the balcony and the rays of sunlight.

*BOOM*

A blast of blue energy washes over the room in a wave from the balcony and suddenly a young woman in aviator gear, with a ray gun and a jet-pack, a young visibly exhausted man in a white coat with a high tech staff and lastly a teenage boy, soaking wet, with an Excalibur strapped to his back appear at the center of the blue light as it fades, standing on the balcony before the Green Lantern and the King.

What do you do?

Shade

As Shade greases palms, careful not to actually touch any palms mind you, she passes a teenage blonde girl and a man identical to a younger Alpha Centurion chatting on their way out of the downstairs arena. When Shade trempidatiously asks the girl about Decibelle she replies nonchalantly

"She, uh, just walked out of the front door, like uh, 2 minutes ago. Who did you say you were again?"

What do you do?
    Loki Avatar by Me

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern S2814

The Green Lantern reacted on instinct, bringing his power ring to bear on the intruders and releasing from it an emerald shield. He'd been thinking on the medieval surroundings, so the shield took on the somewhat arrow shape like the ones Jake's guards had, except the crest on the front was the Corps', not the English royal lion. The shield was comically oversized, enough to protect both Danny as well as Jake behind him, and was see-through save for the green color. In his free hand, the Green Lantern's thoughts directed through the ring formed for him a matching weapon -- an emerald flail with three spiked balls on chains that he took to spinning idly.

"Alright then... And you three are?" he asked calmly, despite the show of force.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

With Dare and Air Ace gone, Remembrance found a wall to lean against and looked out over the bay, casually keeping the alternate Air Ace in her line of sight. After enjoying the peace for a moment, she broke the silence. "So, tell me about the future."

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

As soon as he got the last sentence out, there’s a blast of energy and more ARMED people appeared on the balcony of what is pretty much his bedroom. “Oh for f***’s sake!” He brings a leg back, sinking into a stance. He’s always ready to draw the sword on his back.

“Forgive my forwardness gentlemen, lady… but who the hell are you and what are you doing in my chambers unannounced and uninvited?”

He looks at them… first the exhausted man with the staff, then the young woman with the jet-pack (he liked the aesthetic), and finally the teenager… with Excalibur.

“…And what is that on your back?”
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #502

Emily was expecting to be dropped somewhere in the floating city by Dare's teleport. She was not expecting to appear with a loud and threatening roar a few feet away from King Jake himself. And a... Green Lantern? Well, this just got better and better. Operating purely on instinct, Air Ace pulled her blaster, before quickly realizing what that would look like and putting her hands up to indicate they meant no harm. "Gah, we're superheroes! Jake, please don't kill us!"

In the ensuing silent standoff, Emily's eyes stray south for a moment, taking in the King's less than regal attire. She bites her lip and her cheeks flush red before remembering the situation. "Huh. Um, uh, I... Wow." This is more awkward than I thought it would be, and I thought it was gonna be pretty awkward. Clearing her throat, Emily manages to stammer out. "You can call me Air Ace. This is Dr. Dare, we're members of the Frontliners. From Freedom City. Sorry about just showing up like this."

"This is Tom Wallace, King of Earth. He's, um, not from around here. Maybe I better let him explain it. He uh, needs your help."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Five of Twelve

Tom tries to speak up but the awkwardness of the situation works against

"I . . . uh . . . Like Mom said . . . oh crap . . . I'm from a . . . parallel future . . . where . . . Doctor Dare help me out here?"

At that moment a girl wearing little more than one of Jake's Camelot Castles Hockey jerseys sticks her forlorn and groggy face in the door as she rubs her eyes

"Jake, why are there people in our living room?"
    Loki Avatar by Me

24. - Top - End - #504

Dare grimaced at Thomas's slip of the tongue.

Straightening, Dare bows slightly to Jake. "My apologies for our sudden intrusion, King Jake. I wasn't expecting to be this accurate with my teleport. King Thomas dropped into the bay and I decided it would be prudent to expedite his request for assistance. To clarify before he begins, yes that is an Excalibur, yes he claims to be your son, and no his future is not necessarily our future. Now I'd really like to sit down, if you don't mind, your Highness. I just don't want to let him out of my sight. Thomas, just tell him about the sword, and what your intentions are. You really haven't given me any of the details Jake will need, since your earlier wording wasn't necessarily polite." Dare glances at a chair, but waits for the King's permission to sit.
    Last edited by KaganMonk; 2013-01-01 at 07:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

5/12

Tom tries to explain as he grows red

"I need your sword because it's the only Vagrant Morph I know of that's small enough for me to bring back home and which isn't sentient. I can use it to bring back magic for my world, since it was destroyed, and we need magic as a weapon to save my Earth from a new invasion."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hero Points:

Emily's "But it wasn't a dream. It was a place, and you, and you, and you, and you were there!" triggers for 1 Hero Point as well as "Relationships - Hope" triggering 1 for Jake.

Remembrance

The girl's helmet folds away into her armor leaving only up her chin and her neck plated in black

"Not much to tell. With magic gone there was a power vacuum but for most things the world stayed relatively stable for a few years. With Camelot gone and Jake powerless he went into seclusion until he was injected with the Legacy virus. In the end Empress Dire and the Skrulls repeated invasion attempts along with the Super Human civil war meant that King Jake and Queen Emily had no choice but to take over and found the last human enclave. Robert and Ashley developed the technologies that allowed us to survive, while Jake negotiated for technologies with the different sub-species of humanity that remained. By the time that Jake called a retreat to the last human city of New Camelot there were no survivors outside to care about scorching the atmosphere. With only the last city left habitable in the Culdis-Asterion bubble our enemies finally let us be, but now something new is coming to threaten us and magic is the only ace in the hole we have left."
    Loki Avatar by Me

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

He let them all speak for themselves, though his brain started to fry right about the time “King Thomas” said that this girl, Air Ace, was his mother. And since Thomas is a King who has Excalibur, that makes the father… Oh how he hates time-and-dimension stuff. Jake looks from Thomas to Air Ace… and the blush on her cheeks, and his own start blushing (thankfully hidden a tad thanks to his short-haired beard). Then Hope walks in. Jesus…

“Oh… the usual incomprehensible reasons.”

He nods to Doctor Dare as he explains the situation without stammering. He asks to sit down, and Jake nods, gesturing to a nearby wooden chain.

“Please. Everyone, just sit down and holster weapons. We’re not about to have a big stupid hero vs. hero fight. I hate that trope.”

He walks over to his dresser and produces his classic long-sleeved N7 t-shirt, complete with the stripes down the right sleeve. Thomas talks about Vagrant Morphs and needing Excalibur.

“I have no idea what a Vagrant Morph is. But back it up. Tell me what happened, what is coming to invade you, why you can’t use the Excalibur on your back, and what would happen to Excalibur if I let you use it in this way.”
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

Remembrance decided to leave the 'no choice but to take over' alone for now. No point in starting an argument. "Any idea where our histories diverged? We had a Skrull invasion a while back, but Dire's more or less on our side and we haven't had a civil war. Yet, anyway."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2013-01-01 at 08:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508

"A Vagrant Morph is a magical nexus, or focal point, I guess. I don't understand much of it, but..."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Raynn View Post
    "I . . . uh . . . Like Mom said . . . oh crap."
    Emily turns and stares directly at Thomas. "Wait, what?"

Her mouth opens and shuts a few times before her brain arranges words into a useable order. "Your mom is... me?" Oh hellfire. "I uh, not that I want to make things any more awkward, but, um, I'm not from this dimension either. I imagine this is all news to the King. I mean, yes, I am involved with a Jake Wallace, just not on Earth 8, is all."

Then she notices Hope.

If she had been blushing before, Emily now turns positively crimson. After what seems to be an eternity, but was probably only a few seconds, Air Ace waves feebly at the girl in the hockey jersey and mumbles "Hi there."

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

Green Lantern S2814

Danny straightened as the shield and weapon broke down, losing coherence and turning into mere outlines and then fading away into the ether. He looked from the new group, to Hope, then to Jake before shaking his head and giving off a low whistle. "Man, and here I thought my life was complicated..." he said. He kept a casual eye on the obvious weapons in the room like Air Ace's pistol and Doctor Dare's staff, but otherwise kept to the rim of the discussion. This was the King's house after all, and as far as he knew other dimensions were outside of his mandate as the protector of this space sector.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Remembrance

The girl Sarah replies

"We had a Dire on our side too till the Empress killed her. Well what is it now, 2022? 23? The Super Human civil war wasn't until 2030, when King Jake made the Legacy virus available to whoever wanted it. It seemed that as much as a lot of the governments of Earth liked free choice they didn't like people being given the choice on whether or not to be Post-Humans.

As great as Jake was he couldn't handle the militant Post-Human factions and still play nice with the human-centric governments. Things got out of hand fast.

Seems the Skrulls are like Empress Dire, jumping from reality to reality, conquering Earth for habitable worlds and resources. I even heard that the Skrulls used to be human till some parallel reality to them doomed their Earth. Whatever group of villains caused that have a lot of blood on their hands.

From what I can tell, assuming your Emily in little under a year has a bouncing baby boy then I the only difference I can tell is that Camelot left Freedom City way too early for some reason, but I haven't seen much of this timeline yet."

5/12

Tom continues to explain

"Well a Vagrant Morph is kind of like a bit of magic made solid, they're VERY rare and usually have minds of their own, not how we would perceive them but similar. Kind of like . . . the Force I guess? Except for Vagrant, but that's because the solid form he took was human. He's a . . . dude you don't know yet. Camelot is one too . . . it's sort of in symbiosis with you, that's why what you think, link and feel affect what Camelot is like. Of course I can't bring Camelot with me . . .

If you give me Excalibur and I use it like I plan to it will be destroyed . . . but the one on my back MIGHT be re-powered. I know normal magical artifacts would be but I'm not sure how that rule works with Vagrant Morphs.

The Excalibur on my back is just a shell, a corpse, left behind when Camelot and Excalibur became opposing magical wave functions and wiped magic out. It's not a Vagrant Morph anymore than a lock of Vagrant's hair would be.

The foe we face has a fleet of ships that will soon reach our doorstep. He goes by Star Khan."

Hope looks a deer in headlights towards Emily

"Hi."

Hope speaks up pointing at Tom

"Wait so you're my Fiance's son from another reality? Oh . . . kay . . . I can deal with this . . . Well firstly, Jake is taken miss . . . whatever your name was . . ."

No doubt Hope comes off as more than a little bitchy as she pauses but Jake picks up on something else, she's horrified by both the idea of another Jake with someone else and the idea of a normal non-monstrous girl liking Jake. Jake gets the impression Hope doesn't think she can compete.

"So are you from the same universe as this . . . Tom was it? Is he from YOUR future?"
    Loki Avatar by Me