New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Reign IC

Vagrant appeared next to Dare. Up close now his old friend could see Vagrant looked even grimmer than usual. He hugged his ribs, his skin had gone a ghastly pallor and his breath came in short dry wheezes. He was clearly in pain, yet there was something in him that Dare had not seen in a long time. A lesser mind might not have marked it, especially given the extremity of their circumstances. Dare marked it.

A familiar face, of a sort

'It's good to see you again...' He faltered suddenly Dare? Dire? Dare? Dire? Both names felt right, yet he knew the man before him could not be both [/I]'Doctor. I can toss one at their ship, do you think you can cut the fuse that fine?'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Doctor Dare

Spoiler
    Show
    That will take 1 hour to completely disarm all the bombs?

Shade

As Shade phases through the hull she emerges within the bowels of the ship. It takes her sometime moving through the now mostly empty ship but she eventually stumbles upon the engine room.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's only been a few minutes and A.E.G.I.S. Helicarriers are on route.

Give it time.

Not everyone can fly and teleport.

The Frontliners Base - Freedom City - Earth 8

This is what the Frontliner Base's building currently looks like.

Jake in a costume none of the on-lookers recognize shoots out of the rift in time and space with Excalibur on his back and a golden gauntlet on his right hand.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-20 at 09:16 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

3. - Top - End - #603
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dare considers Vagrant's offer for a moment as he works. "On second thought, I'd prefer not to bring the ship down directly over the city. Is there any way we can force them back through the rift?"

Spoiler
    Show
    By fast way, I was referring to adding 20 to the difficulty in order to be one round. Take 10 should be normal time. He just happens to be so skilled and well trained that it's a certain thing with Skill Mastery. At least I thought that's how it worked? If not, here's 6 rolls:

(1d20+29)[31]
    (1d20+29)[32]
    (1d20+29)[39]
    (1d20+29)[34]
    (1d20+29)[34]
    (1d20+29)[30]

Spoiler
    Show

Old avatar by KP (I think)
    Green Lantern of the Rayneverse

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Vagrant shook his head 'I am sorry Doctor. I am... Not myself. It is a long and confusing story, and one that must be told. But not just now I think.
    'I am without whatever knowledge you could normally tap me for. I am power without direction, ambition without history. I remember little of anything... But we were close, yes?'

He looks from the Doctor to the bombs, and despite all on his mind, or maybe precisely because of his short history, it suddenly occurs to him.

'Doctor, I have something for you.' Vagrant takes off the White Gem of Atlantis 'Cael left this for me. Maybe for this reason. This is the White Gem of Atlantis. It is probably the oldest thing I have ever held. I wouldn't know. But it has power Doctor. With this you can disarm those bombs in minutes, seconds maybe... He looks torn. He does not want to kill, but maybe this is right. He cannot possibly know, but it is a thing he can do.

'Do not disarm them. Rig them. Wait. Allow me to rest and get me near their ships. Then we end this.'
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2013-01-21 at 05:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Team Time Ship

Suddenly a second Jake shoots out of the rift where the Frontliners base's was not long before and rushes the first Jake shouting

“Hey, other me. There's one more thing I need to tell you about!”

Before slashing down across the first Jake's chest. The minimal damage the blade does makes it clear that the Black Clothed Jake has some upgrades over the one still flying around in his pajamas.

In a flash of speed the Jake in black draws his own sword and reaches out towards Pajama-Jake, looking confused as nothing occurs

"I guess I should have seen this coming. Nobody who comes from an alternate reality asking for help ever brings anything but trouble."

Jake shrugs then grins just like Air Ace's Jake or the Jake of old

"At least I get to fight my evil twin, which is, you know, kind of bad ass."

With that Jake-Black shoots forward at Jake-Pajamas and swings, both of them slamming together blade to blade over what was until recently the Frontliners base.

Spoiler
    Show
    Toughness Save: (1d20+20)[40] vs. DC 28
    DC 21 reflex: (1d20+10)[22]
    DC 21/16 fortitude: (1d20+13)[24]

Standard to try to use Gauntlet, Hero Point to Jake-Pajamas for Second Standard Action to attack.

Attack Rolls in Reign OoC

Doctor Dare

Dare rushes to shut down the myriad dispersal bombs as fast as he can but even his genius can become careless while hurrying and he triggers the bombs to begin their rapid countdown.

Spoiler
    Show
    At DC 20, With the +20 to do in one round you fail at take 10. Also with the +20 you fail everyone one of those tests, not a roll above ten in the bunch.

I'll be nice and say you didn't take ten, but that minute is still used up.

That's what you get for a rush job on alien bombs of which you don't speak the language! (I would have set the base DC higher than 20 but that would have made the +20 thing impossible for you).
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-22 at 12:46 AM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

6. - Top - End - #606
    Bugbear in the Playground

"'Ey, Golden Glove! Up here!" As Jake's blinding light washes over the Black King, a shout and another eye-searing beam quickly follow from above, as Air Ace leans out the timeship door and fires at the no longer omnipotent but still apparently quite formidable alt-Jake.

Not wanting to get in an extended fight while hanging from a fragile craft filled with bizarre energies and materials, she looks for somewhere, anywhere "safe" to drop the timeship and disembark.

As she pushes the timeship in for landing, Emily thumbs her communicator. "Dare, it's Ace! The ritual worked, but we got us a live one! If you see a Jake flying around in black with a shiny gauntlet, take him down, he's not the local! I'm over our ba... what's left of our base, bringing the ship back in. If you can, come get your fancy stick disconnected from my flux capacitor!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Dazzle, Power Attacking for 2: (1d20+9)[16] DC 21 Reflex save if it hits, DC 21 Fort on following turns if the Reflex fails.

Move: Pilot the timeship towards/onto the nearest thing that won't collapse when we land on it.

Free: Talk to Dare and Vagrant.
    Lovely Gorgon avatar by smuchmuch!

Excellent Ex-avatar Collection
    Spoiler
    Show

Air Ace and Gremlin by the superb kpenguin.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

The heroes above, ironically enough given Diego's gimmick, went at it, hero style. Honestly, Diego was never that big on the whole "Save the City!" shtick. He does it when he has to, but given there are, like, sixteen heroes flying around upstairs... he's way happier just flying around on the street, kicking some alien cyborg ass and protecting the little guy.

WHAM. He brings a taloned fist slamming into a cyborg's gut. He hesitates to hurt them too badly. They're alien cyborgs, not alien robots, after all. WHAP. BAM. CRUNCH. He and Harold fight, back to back. "Harry, I..." Diego starts to address him, but pauses. Perhaps in the middle of an invasion is not the best time for airing interpersonal conflicts. He purses his lips, then shakes his head. "Actually, no, Harry, I-" With a great crash, Diego looks up and sees some window washers, their scaffold about to fall from 30 stories up! He glances at Harold, who seems to engrossed in killing aliens, and grunts, grabbing a cyborg and flying upwards to save the day.

He speeds towards the two at just barely subsonic speed, pulling up sharply and throwing the alien at the window they had been washing before everything went to hell. CRASH. The window shatters, and the cyborg tumbles across the room beyond in a heap. Diego, not waiting any longer, grabs the two civilians by their collars and dumps them on the floor inside , careful to avoid broken glass. He lands next to them.

"Aight, amigos. Maybe this will teach you to have some sort of backup plan in case of alien invasion, si?" While smirking at the two, he suddenly hears from outside the clang of metal on metal. He turns, eyebrow raised, and flies over to see the Jakes fighting in the skies below him.

"...Ah, mierda. Time for the freaky business, I guess.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

The Former Frontliners Base - Freedom City - Earth 8

As Air Ace flies over Infinity-Jake, he glances upwards at her

"Air Ace . . ."

he whispers

"EMILY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

Infinity Jake roars out as he is blinded by Air Ace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting to see what other PCs act this round before I post NPC actions and start the next round.

Diego Torres

Spoiler
    Show
    You are in range to attack either Jake.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-22 at 10:38 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

9. - Top - End - #609

Punching it out with an alien general Decibelle had been in her element. Then the aliens ran away and the nerds showed up blathering on about bombs and inter-dimensional physics and other lame stuff and things got boring. She'd been "standing guard" (staring off into space and kicking rocks around) for a few minutes when the pair of kings bursts out of the portal and begin to duke it out above the city sky line. She asks towards Dare and Vagrant's general direction "So you guys got this covered, right?" and without waiting for a response jets into the air and speeds towards the Jakes with a fist outstretched, ready to catch anyone she can in the gut. As she draws close however, a thought occurs to her and she slows to a stop about 20 ft from the fighters. "Um, which one of you should I be fighting?"

10. - Top - End - #610
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

SLICE! Jake could feel Excalibur connect with Infinity Jake solidly, yet the evil Jake was incredibly tough. That was disconcerting. Fighting a version of himself is already a tall order, but when he’s amped up even without the Gauntlet? Jake quickly flew back, getting some distance between the two of them. Omni-Jake pointed that Infinity Gauntlet his direction… and nothing happened.

Jake grinned widely and laughed. “Ha! You’re the guy who killed every single one of his friends and former allies, and you say I’m the evil one? Bring it on you dollar store knock-off.”

And evil Jake does just that. The man was fast, really fast… and strong too. He’s been lifting. Jake brought Excalibur up in the nick of time, blocking the strike with the clang of metal on metal. He held evil Jake in that position, binding him up to give someone the opportunity to--- YES! Score one for Air Ace.

Jake followed up quickly, trying to seize the moment. If evil Jake is super tough… how strong is his mind?

“Hand me Excalibur,”
    Jake says to his alter-ego’s face, those words filled with righteous authority.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind control! (1d20+11)[31] vs. his will save. If he succumbs, I stay where I’m at. If he doesn’t, Jake flies up out of swinging range.

And to Decibelle… Jake points to the one in black. “That guy!”
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #611

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCracker View Post
    And to Decibelle… Jake points to the one in black. “That guy!”
    "Um, which one of you mind controlled the president the other week? Because he seems like a guy a shouldn't team up with. Also, if that was you, can you give me a sufficient reason to team up with you anyway?" She pauses for a moment to admire the Jakes expert swordplay before continuing "also also, and I know this really isn't the time for lengthy explanations but I have to ask, what does all this have to do with the aliens? Because I've been a hero long enough to know that these sorts of things don't happen in the same neighborhood at the same time purely through coincidence." It seems that not even an epic battle between good and evil; a fight between the waring sides of a man's personality, one a hopeful idealist an the other a world weary dictator; can stop Decibelle from asking obnoxious questions.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

As Jake-8 pulls away duel wielding Excaliburs Infinity Jake roars out in a fury

"You stupid child! I didn't kill anyone! I Saved Them From Themselves! I DON'T KILL! I NEVER WOULD!"

Suddenly within the ship Emily 101,115 looks up and her eyes glow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will Save: (1d20+11)[26]
    Hero Point Re-Roll; Which will likely be needed but be useless: (1d20+11)[24]

2 Hero Points to Jake
    1 for the Re-Roll, one to GM-Fiat that he breaks out of the compulsion once he hands away the sword.

Everyone Still in the Time-Ship or within speaking distance of the fight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Area Burst Blast Rank 10; Normal Reflex & Toughness Saves.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-23 at 09:02 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Now he was rocking a blade of legend in each hand! He was a twelfth level ranger, at the very least! Jake had a wild grin on his face, like he used to have when he was simply an adventuring hero. This was a cool moment for him.

Except for the evil version of himself shouting that he’d never kill.

“Then explain the graves! Did you save them by atomizing them? Doctor Dare, the super genius, showed us the way to a world with an evil version of me. If it wasn’t you—then—“

A blast rung out, washing over both of the Jakes… yet with the magic of the Scabbard, they were both unharmed. Okay, maybe there’s something to this.

“…That’s… not good.”
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #614
    Barbarian in the Playground

"We were definitely close, and we will be again. And I know what you are capable of. Unfortunately, I seem to have misjudged what I'm capable of. The bombs are going to go off, but we have a chance. I'll only take the gem for now. It belongs to you, as a master mage. What I need you to do is teleport into the engine area, near the back of the ship. I'll form a portal to you for the bombs and be right behind you. Then we'll see about moving the ship."

Taking the gem in his hand, Dare allows his mind to flow into the form of a ritual. His concentration is perfect and thorough, and yet it takes barely any time at all to complete the ritual. Magic flows around him, then gathers in his hand. He waits for Vagrant to teleport, then opens the portal under the bombs to drop them near the engine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Teleport Portal (4pt/rank) Anchor to Vagrant and Long Range only (-2pt/rank)
    The ship can't be more than 5 miles away (5 ranks) (10pts total)
    Leaves enough points to Progress the portal up to slip the bombs in.
    Pretty much what we said in the OOC?
    Using the Gem (Quickness 5) so it should be ready within a round.
    Arcane - (1d20+30)[33]

Spoiler
    Show

Old avatar by KP (I think)
    Green Lantern of the Rayneverse

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

Diego covers his eyes as the burst cascades over the other heroes. "Ay! What the-" As it fades, he decides enough is enough. He's been on the sidelines all day today. And he beat up Godzilla once! He's going to help stop the badguys and maybe save the world (or universe (or three)) along the way...

Now if only he could tell which Jake was which. He flew in low as the blast from earlier dissipated. There's only one way to tell apart evil clones, and that's with an evil clones test. He pulled up equidistant from the two Jakes.

"Hola, amigos. What up?" He grins, waving at each Jake in turn.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

On the job, Remembrance automatically assumed that anyone she didn't know was dangerous on some level. It was an assumption that had yet to fail her. On her way out of the Time Ship, she noticed the alternate Emily's eyes start to glow, and narrowly avoided getting fried by hopping onto the outer hull. Which, of course, immediately started falling apart. She kicked herself free of the wreckage as she went into free fall, and was searching for a point she could use her grappling hook on when she saw Tom and alternate Emily tumbling to their doom. Remembrance didn't hesitate, firing her grappling hook in a likely-looking direction and letting it unwind freely. She tucked in her cape and shot straight down. Between the rushing wind and the sound of the explosion still ringing in the air, an outside observer would need excellent hearing indeed to hear her mutter to herself.

"Oh sure, just a quick trip to another universe, in and out and save the day." She blasted past the wreckage, using the aerodynamics of her cape to steer herself past the biggest chunks. "Oh no, that Emily's fine, Remembrance. We've got more important things to worry about."

She passed the two falling figures in moments. With the ground a few seconds away, she hits the winch of her grappling hook. "Her gravestone's probably nothing, let's bring her along. What could possibly go wrong?" Despite almost wrenching her arm out of her socket, she managed to turn her downward momentum into sideways momentum. She snagged Emily with her good arm, and as she passed Tom, snagged him underneath his shoulders with her legs.

Despite the awkwardness of the arrangement, she managed to angle the arc of her swing up, around, and onto the roof of a nearby building, landing flat on her back. Hard. She debates the merits of maybe just laying there for a little while.

Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno what I'd need to roll for this, or if I have to, technically, but here's Acrobatics, just in case.

(1d20+18)[21]

17. - Top - End - #617

Air Ace is able to throw herself out the timeship door and rocket backwards, just in time to avoid the blast from her doppelganger. "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

The revelation that her counterpart from the creepy dimension where everyone was brainwashed and all the heroes were dead was not, in fact, on the side of the angels ranked pretty close to the bottom on Emily's list of surprising moments.

"We're gonna do this the old-fashioned way, it seems." Air Ace flicks the dial on the side of the Omni-Pistol from the strobe to the far more potent energy ray, which she levels at her alternate. "Incidentally, the old-fashioned way is the one where I burn holes in your torso until you fall over."

She rocketed away towards a guy in a sweet-looking flight harness who had joined the mid-air throng. She didn't recognize him, but he looked properly heroic, probably one of the big crew fighting it out with the Star Khan's troops, and right now, any potential ally was welcome. "Hi there awesome helmet the one in black is bad please help me!" Air Ace's shout dopplered past Diego a few tenths of a second after she did.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save made. No damage from eye-glowy attack.

Standard: Energy Ray: (1d20+11)[13] DC 24 Toughness (with Penetrating) if it hits.

Move: Towards Diego, away from exploding Emily.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Rooftop

As King Tom tumbles to a halt he slowly gets to his feet, nodding in thanks to Remembrance

"Thanks for the save Remembrance!"

As Air Ace opens fire on Emily she rolls out of the way with ease

"That the best you can pull off Emily? I've seen better. I've done better."

She brings up her hands and makes gestures similar to those Air Ace has seen Vagrant make as she chants the Fourth Rite of Yemso'Poroth The Serpent

"Yem'Sho Pillea Forgana Lomaran Pithea Sinthea!"

Suddenly a massive glowing yellow energy serpent leaps out of Emily 101,115's hands and tries to wrap around Air Ace.

Spoiler
    Show
    Snare Rank 14 Attack Roll: (1d20+10)[28] DC 24 Reflex save on a hit.

Air Space

Flare and Air Ace 2.0 manage to survive the crash, but are injured enough the curve away from the Jake-vs-Jake show down and head for safety on the roof, only to see the giant snake leap out at Emily-8.

"I never killed anyone. I made them human, powerless, erased their memories of being heroes, but left them as intact as I could. The ONLY grave in New Camelot is Emily's!"

As Infinity Jake's vision returns he sees his Emily attacking Emily-8 and his face turns from rage to utter and total confusion

"WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?!"

He glances around seeing his probably only friend, and more probably more, going Voldemort on her doppelganger, as well as about a dozen heroes he's probably more than smart enough to realize aren't on his side. Like Jake-8 would, he figures out an out, rather hurtling blindly towards a possible curb stomp.

*BOOM*

At a speed so incredible the sonic boom shatters most of the windows on the block Infinity Jake shoots upwards towards space.

Jake-8 knows himself well enough to know it's a stall-tactic to buy time to figure out a strategy, or to draw them away from the rift so he can shoot past them and head back home where his gauntlet is more than ostentatious hand jeweler.

Spoiler
    Show
    Figure it's about time for the fortitude save:
    Fortitude Save: (1d20+13)[31] vs. DC 21
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-24 at 02:12 AM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

Jake-8

Okay, so evil Emily (he knew he was right about that one), was a wizard of some sort. Or was she an imposter, which could be a likely story too. Either way, it didn’t matter. Jake was pleased to see a friendly face in Diego as he came flying up.

“Hey kid. Get that guy.” Jake points at Infinity-Jake with both swords.

Before that daring plan could be put into action, Infinity Jake rocketed up into the stratosphere. Damn Jake needs to get some powers like that. Stop! Now’s not the time for jealousy!

Figuring out that the only safe play is to keep Infinity Jake from re-entering the portal, Jake positions himself directly in front of the thing, spinning the swords once before taking a mid-air combat stance.

Then. using Jake’s power to whisper without being heard by his enemies, he communicates to all of the heroes present in this encounter.

“For their sake, we’ve got to keep him from re-entering this portal. Peregrino, blindside the crazy lady shooting magic snakes. Everyone else, jump her and take her down. I’ll guard the portal. Thomas, start figuring out how we make the final play.. cause I got the football.” He grinned.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

King Tom shouts back to King Jake (8)

"If you head for the bay you shouldn't come out of the rift far from the last city. Head for their and they'll let you, our Vagrant will do the rest!"

He turns back to the crazy magic lady and pulls what first appears to be dice from his pocket, but on closer inspection appear to be unblemished off-white cubes. They each bear a single symbol, different on each and impossible to make out at a distance. He squeezes one and whispers to his fist clutching one cube "Stonewall."

Suddenly the boy Tom is a ten foot tall creature of solid grey stone. He happily slams his fist into his palm with smirk as he glares at 'Emily'-101,115

"It's Ass-kickin' Time!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Tom will use a Full-Action to use his 'Power'.
    Loki Avatar by Me

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ettin in the Playground

Bird in the Hand

Diego grins. This is his speed, alright. A couple badguys, some sufficiently advanced technology, and airborne combat? Oh yes, this is his speed. "Aye aye, captain!" He says with a moderately mocking salute, before zooming off towards the suddenly magic Emily. He nods to the "real" Emily as he hovers close.

"Hola, chicka. Nice jetpack. Muy retro." His own harness clicks and whirrs a bit as the wings readjust themselves. He looks over Air Ace, allowing his helmet to scan its databanks for any information on her, closing some unrelated tabs on his browser. He likes to stay informed. Then he looks at her evil double, or whatever these are.

"I think I'm catching on, here. Evil mirror universe? That seems the most, um, logical explanation, si?" He shrugs, plotting out a possible flight course here. "It's cool, I got this. Just hold onto your gun, chicka, and watch how modern flight tech works." He drops, speeding over at the evil Emily and pulling up right under her nose.

"ˇHOLA!" He shouts in her face, grinning wide, before dropping another few dozen feet then shooting back up behind her. "żQué onda mensa?" He shouts again, still grinning, before repeating. "ˇQue grandioso tiempo tenemos!" All in all, it's exceptionally annoying, and very, very distracting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempting to Distract the baddie with an Acrobatic Bluff.
    Distract roll on 'Emily'-101,115: (1d20+16)[19]
    Well-informed on Air Ace: (1d20+12)[17]
    Last edited by Phase; 2013-01-24 at 12:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+12)[20]
    Loki Avatar by Me

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground

It would've been nice to take a second to catch her breath, but it looked like the universe wasn't going to give Remembrance that luxury. She staggered to her feet and tackled the Emily she'd just rescued. She tried to wrap one arm around Emily, to pin her arms to her torso, and clamped the other over her mouth; hopefully she cast spells the same way Vagrant did.

She hissed into Emily-101's ear. "Remember me? It's lady who just saved your ass. Why don't we all simmer down here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Grapple time!
    Attack Roll: (1d20+12)[17]
    Grapple Check: (1d20+16)[23]

24. - Top - End - #624

Emily isn't quite fast enough to avoid the swirling dragon, and she gasps and struggles in the coils of the spell. With a growl of defiance, she aims at her foe again. "You want better? Fine. I wasn't gonna use this on you, but you just earned it. I'm sure Jake can put you back together if he finds all the big pieces."

Air Ace hated using the Omni-Pistol's most unforgiving setting against "normal" humans, but whatever her alternate was had clearly bypassed that some time ago. The molecule-shredding "destructo-ray" erupted from the blaster with an unholy metallic scream.

Spoiler
    Show
    AA is entangled by the snare.

All-out (+5/-5) Power (+5/-5) Attack: Disintegration 6: (1d20+9)[13] If it hits, DC 21 Fortitude save and DC 26 Toughness save at whatever her toughness is after the Fort check. AA's defenses are at +2 after the penalties from All-Out and the Snare.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #625

"Attack the magic snake lady, seems reasonable enough." Decibelle doesn't really know whats going on, but if Conan the Barbarian taught her anything it's that magical snake people are always evil and you can't go wrong with giving one a beat down. Leading off with her usual tactic she charges had first for the Evil Emily hoping to separate her and her teeth from one another.

Autofire charge attack - (1d20+12)[21] DC25 +1 for each 2 my attack roll beats her defense.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming that Remembrance's grapple failed. If not I'll hold off on the charge so as to not risk hitting her.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Magic Emily rolls away from Remembrance as she tries to grab her just as Air Ace lines up her shot, all the while Diego is parroting away in the air and robbing Magic Emily of her concentration and Decibelle lines up for a charge.

*ZAP*

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Suddenly Emily 101,115 is dust on the wind.

Decibelle stops in her tracks.

Diego stops making jokes.

*Beat*

Air Ace 2.0 whispers

"Hardcore . . ."

Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude Save: (1d20+9)[19] vs. DC 21
    Toughness Save: (1d20)[5] + 1 vs. DC 26

Dodges Decibelle as Defender wins on a tie.

M&M Core Rulebook pg 82 Disintegration Description: The target then makes a Toughness save (at the reduced score) against damage equal to your power rank. If the save fails by 20 or more, the target is atomized, leaving nothing behind.

Hero Point to Air Ace . . . because killing yourself is one heck of a setback . . .
    Last edited by Raynn; 2013-01-24 at 08:13 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

27. - Top - End - #627

Air Ace knows what the Omni-Pistol is capable of when set at its highest level. She's worked on it in the lab, trained with it, and fired it in anger, at targets inanimate, undead, and living.

She was not prepared for what it did to her counterpart from Earth 101,115.

Emily goes white as a sheet, her mouth hanging open in shock and horror as the charred dust that was recently a living, breathing version of herself (admittedly, a magic one that had tried to kill Emily and her teammates, but still) disperses into the wind. A strangled whimper escapes her throat and she drops the Omni-Pistol onto the roof, narrowly missing Air Ace 2.0 and King Tom as it falls.

She flees the scene, rocketing away from the remnants of the Frontliner base, ignoring the battle raging with the Star Khan's troops, not going anywhere in particular. Such things are beyond her right now. Operating on animal instinct, fight-or-flight response, the only command in her brain to get as far away from this place as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #628

Decibelle comes to a halt midair, just short of flying through a cloud of Emily. She turns a bit white as she watches Air Ace fly off in tears; even as a super hero it's not often she's confronted with death. Looking a bit dumbfounded she turns to Jake and asks "so what now?"

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

As Decibelle speaks up and everyone else seems stunned by the accident King Tom shouts to Air Ace 2.0

"Go After My Mom . . . AIR ACE! Just Make Sure She's Okay!"

Air Ace nods and shoots off as ordered.

Flare speaks up

"Your Grace . . .s, have we got a plan to stop the other Jake from getting through the portal?"

*BOOM*

Another sonic boom and Infinity Jake returns floating over the group, enraged.

Jake expects a charge, an attack of some sort, but he pauses . . .

He sees the scorch mark on the roof, Air Ace and Air Ace 2.0 fleeing . . .

The gears of his mind turns . . .

His face turns to a mask of confusion than denial. He glares at Jake-8.

"What Did You DO TO EMILY?!"
    Loki Avatar by Me

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

'Hmm' Vagrant said thoughtfully ''I can do this. Do not be long though, dear Doctor. I'm feeling the worse for wear, I'm not sure I can repel another concerted attack.'

He saluted, and was gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Teleport into the engine room
    Spoiler
    Show