New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Sam Wood

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Sam Wood

Back in the early days of Dungeons and Dragons's 3rd edition, Todd Lockwood and Sam Wood were the D&D concept artists (just like Wayne Reynolds later was the Eberron and Pathfinder artist, and William O'Connor the 4th edition concept artist).
    Todd Lockwood has his own online gallery (link), but I can't find any online gallery of Sam Wood's work. This is the best I could do. Does anyone know where one could find Sam Wood art on the internet (other than the WotC online galleries)?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Sam Wood

By what I can gather from the googles, it doesn't look like he keeps one of those websites a lot of professional artists seem to have; just an out of date livejournal and what looks like a very slowly updated Facebook page (which he admins himself apparently; seems legit enough, reverse-image searches of the images there aren't found publicly elsewhere); you could try to message him over Facebook (his Facebook, from the page; it doesn't look like he restricted messaging) if you have an account and want to be thorough. Also, it looks like the right Sam Wood--how many artists called Sam Wood who studied in Harvard and were raised in the Pacific Northwest could there be?
    Last edited by flyingchicken; 2013-03-21 at 03:46 PM.