New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default True Seeing and MITD?

So I don't think I've done a crazy prediction yet myself, so here goes. Durkon has been walking around with True Seeing on; it doesn't look like it's still going but perhaps it's just "switched off" and can be resumed somehow, or maybe he'll cast it again. The spell is also available to wizards so there's an off-chance Varsuvius may end up using it once he calms down, though I might be reaching there. But in either case, TS goes through magical darkness. And we figure that Team Evil is on their way in. With Durkon and Belkar both under prophetic death sentences (and Vaarsuvius indebted to fiends), I find myself thinking one of the casters is going to see what the MITD really is, but not survive long enough to share this info (with the rest of the OOTS or with us). Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: True Seeing and MITD?

We know Tarquin is wearing a Ring of True Seeing also.
    The Giant says: Yes, I am aware TV Tropes exists as a website. ... No, I have never decided to do something in the comic because it was listed on TV Tropes. I don't use it as a checklist for ideas ... and I have never intentionally referenced it in any way.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: True Seeing and MITD?

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    The spell is also available to wizards so there's an off-chance Varsuvius may end up using it once he calms down, though I might be reaching there.
    Personally, I really want to see Vaarsuvius use Greater Prying Eyes. That would be a cool spell to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    With Durkon and Belkar both under prophetic death sentences (and Vaarsuvius indebted to fiends), I find myself thinking one of the casters is going to see what the MITD really is, but not survive long enough to share this info (with the rest of the OOTS or with us). Thoughts?
    I can see it now: "Amazing! I know what this is, its a -" *crunch*.