New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default [Dark Heresy] Help me build a more lighthearted world!

Name: Jersey
    Classification: Paradise World
    Population: 7.8 billion
    Major exports: entertainment products, luxury goods
    Typical geography: many rivers intersecting continents, vast majority of cities founded on coastline, renowned for beaches
    Hazards: long-term inhabitants seem to develop orange-ish skin due to abnormal solar radiation

That's right - my Dark Heresy group will be visiting the Jersey Shore for their next investigation

Any ideas for locations/people to help me flesh out the world would be much appreciated, as would sidequest ideas. Who said Inquisitorial Acolytes can't engage in some fist-pumping?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Dark Heresy] Help me build a more lighthearted world!

I suggest making crude weaponry by gangs include explosives made from hairspray and melee weapons include dumbbell bars.

Include tanning salons and gyms on the corners of every street. Fashion trends include having no buttons where the traditional top 3 are and jewelery equally marketed towards both genders. The lower levels of the city consistently smell like hairspray. In addition, cloud cover is sparse which causes the dorito-orange solar radiation, and they have a bright sun, so everyone wears sunglasses.

Have a fairly high birth-rate, balanced out by a death rate that would make Darwin grin. I suggest multiple warring low-level violent gangs, but with high weapon carry rates. The car industry should be booming, though physical health is at an all-time high.

As for side-quests, be aware your acolytes might start killing people out of frustration, so be prepared to give them room to vent, preferably at a gang or cults of Slaanesh.

Seriously, cults of Slaanesh everywhere.

Give them some nautical issues, maybe a warp shark playing Jaws at the beaches. Make the international sport of the planet beach volleyball, but no one can possibly wear hats because their hair gets in the way.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Dark Heresy] Help me build a more lighthearted world!

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    Name: Jersey
    Classification: Paradise World
    Population: 7.8 billion
    Major exports: entertainment products, luxury goods
    Typical geography: many rivers intersecting continents, vast majority of cities founded on coastline, renowned for beaches
    Hazards: long-term inhabitants seem to develop orange-ish skin due to abnormal solar radiation

That's right - my Dark Heresy group will be visiting the Jersey Shore for their next investigation

Any ideas for locations/people to help me flesh out the world would be much appreciated, as would sidequest ideas. Who said Inquisitorial Acolytes can't engage in some fist-pumping?
    Have an entirely separate island based culture?