New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: A walk in the sun. (Vampire: Requiem)

Thus the difficulty for the party to keep her humanity up and prevent her from going on a rampage to kill the prince who she (about 1/2 way through the plot) discovers killed her lover during the civil war and she never got over it.
    Last edited by Fouredged Sword; 2012-07-22 at 04:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Where does the Coil of Ladders appear?

For that matter what books do other coils not in the core book appear? Just the one or am I going to be tactically buying books over my next few paychecks?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by talys_boh View Post

For that matter what books do other coils not in the core book appear? Just the one or am I going to be tactically buying books over my next few paychecks?
    I dunno if this one has Ladders in it, but the Ordo Dracul does have its own sourcebook. Actually, all the Covenants and Clans have their own supplements if you're interested in a specific clan or in more bloodlines that relate to a covenant or clan.

Also, if you're in the mood for some interesting fiction, you can purchase Rites of the Dragon - the Ordo Dracul's holy book. The Testament of Longinus was also published.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

4. - Top - End - #34

White Wolf's main site has links to wiki pages. A few well-placed clicks should link you to a list of published coils, as well as a brief description of each. Plus some fanmade ones, but those are about as well-balanced as you'd expect homebrew on a wiki to be.
    Last edited by Reluctance; 2012-07-23 at 10:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

It's technically called Anouska's Ladder, but yeah, it's in the Ordo Dracul book, along with the Coil of the Locust, its opposite number. It also has the Coils of Flesh and Soul. I believe Immortal Sinners and Ancient Mysteries each have a different version of a Coil of Slumber, but they're boring.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

They are Anoushka's Ladder and the Way of the Locust. You need a high level of Coils just to be able to take the first dot in either Coil, and it's entirely up to the ST whether they exist or not by RAW (they're "apocryphal" and may or may not actually exist in any given chronicle). Anoushka's Ladder requires very high Humanity, as you already know. The Way of the Locust, on the other hand, will result in very low Humanity as it involves diablerizing humans.

Yummy, yummy human souls.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, admittedly this is from VtM not VtR, but wasn't there a level 10 Thaumatergy power for House Tremere that allowed "Sun-Walking?" A ritual involving swallowing a diamond?
    Anthony N. Emmel
    HMGMA# TX-3-00162-01
    Proud Member of CLD
    GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

Q: GM, what is good?
    A: To crush the PCs, see their character sheets pile before you, and hear the lamentation of their players.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

10th level Disciplines, ritual or otherwise, are Plot Devices. Fortitude 10 could let you stand on the surface of the sun without injury.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I was wondering if it was possible in Vampire: The Requiem to build up to being able to walk in the sun without taking damage, or somehow mitigating the damage down to nothing. I only have access to the Core Requiem book at the moment, but if needed I can use sources from other books.

Also, I would like to avoid using any means that would drop humanity.

Otherwise, Experience is not an issue, or blood potency (since it kind of predicates on experience.) The character will be a Daeva.
    Rite of Going Forth By Day (Mekhet: Clanbook Followers of Seth)