New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Dark Side of the Moon

Tread for the ones who died in the land of Cinco Pontas.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Dark Side of the Moon

As you slowy walks in the in the gray field you began to remember what just happened: the bald knight, the white dragon and the blizzard. As you finish remembering eveything you cant help but shudder.

Looking around you can see a great valley: to the west you can see a pale forest where the trees resemble bones, to the east you can see a palace made out of crystal. Huge and spiked mountains grows from north and south and you can see the moon in the balck sky: a sphere beyond the sky, and its colors are Blue.

Severals carrion birds fly in circles above your heads, but they seem pacient enough to wait to feedon your corpse.

"Why we're here? WTF just happened? Where are we?" are the first things that appear in your heads and somehow a voice tell answer them for you:
    "You're here because you're dead... You fought aggainst the White Consort of Tiamat and got killed. And here? Here is the dark side of the Moon". The voice come from a old man with crows in his black hat, his face pale as a corpse, You were given a chance to keep your conscioness, so you better enjoy and watch everything you can".

"Waht are we supoosed to do? Who re you?" are questions the old man didn't answered before the crows in his hat devoured him and flew away to the darkness.

So, what are you going to do?
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Since I'm the only one here, I'll try to roam around and try to realize what could be this place and try to understand what he meant with "The Dark Side of the Moon". I'll ready my sword and talk to myself: "It's really hard to be here alone... It's frustrating to be the only one here, and know that I failed on my mission by dying... I'll try to mantain my consciousness and explore this damn place... Talking to myself may be the way to not get insane. Let's go Tom, we have to find a way out"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

After wandering for a while, Tom notice he's going towards: (1: E ; 2: W)
    (1d2)[1]

After wandering towards the East, you can see the some gravestones along the mountain marking the entrances of several cripts. The crustal palace is growing larger and larger as you walk east. After a few more moments talking to yourself, one of the vultures get hungry and tired of waiting for you to saty still for him to eat your carcass.

Dive attack with beak:
    [roll]1d20+9[/roll] dmg: [roll]1d8+2[/roll]

You was caught flat footed.
    Your turn.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2012-07-30 at 09:08 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

(1d20+9)[27]
    (1d8+2)[8]

6. - Top - End - #6

Beholder

Even caught flat footed, Tom was able to defend himself as he was ready to battle. I'll start dodging from him, and attack him twice [If he's at reach] or ready my action to attack him when he attacks me for the next time [if he attack and flew away]

Combat Expertise [2]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[18] Damage: (2d6+6)[11]

Attack: [roll/1d20+6[/roll] Damage: (2d6+6)[13]
    Last edited by Kevinho; 2012-07-30 at 09:14 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Beholder

attack: (1d20+6)[19]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

The crow get highly damaged and then rake your skin with beak and talons:
    (1d20+7)[22] dmg: (1d6+1)[7]
    (1d20+7)[9] dmg: (1d6+1)[4]
    (1d20+2)[19] dmg: (1d8+2)[10]

9. - Top - End - #9

Beholder

HP: 49/64

My AC is 22 against it.

I'll hit him again.

CE: [2]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[16] Damage: (2d6+6)[17]

Attack: (1d20+6)[17] Damage: [roll]2d+6[/roll]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

The giant carrion bird died after the attacks (only the +6 damage was enough to kill it) and the others just watch and wait, after all tehy're not that hungry.

There are a crypt entrance near you and the palace ahead. What gonnna be?

11. - Top - End - #11

Beholder

HP: 54/64

I like Palaces more than crypts. So I'll head to the palace.

"Tom, why are you feeling hurt? -I don't know... -It's weird, you're already dead, makes no sense. - But anyway I'll try not to get much hurt. - Yeah, it's good for you to take care." Tom talks to himself as he was two differente people.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

As Tom reach the palace, he can see it was not a palace, but a city build out of glass with large walls of glass. There are guards in the entrance and they appear to be rotting and dead. Hundread of crows fly around the city and people can be ehard walking and talking in the city.

"Halt there! Who are you? What are your bussiness in Aether?".

(The name Aether isn't strange for Tom, but h cant remember where he heard it)

13. - Top - End - #13

Beholder

"Other people! It's good to see someone else. I'm do'nt know why I'm here. I just appeared on these lands. I need informations, can you give me some? What is Aether? Are we really dead? How long we will be here? Are you friendly? Can I go inside this city?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Whoa, calm down man. Aether is the city of the ghosts of the realm of Winter. I'm your friend and will allow you in the town after hearing more about your death and yeah, we're all dead adn condemnd to live in the city because of the Soul Cage of Master Thrim. As long it's safe we'll be able to keep on this world, as long we manage not to get killed by that damn ravens or that beast in the woods"

After a few qustions he discover you're a dragonbaner and he smiles and let you in.

"You'll find shelter and information at the Dead Man's Inn and you can try talking to master Thrim for information about this place. Sergeant Ludovico may have some use for you too, he'll be in the Aether Headquarters, and maybe the temple of the moon will help with your wounds and your rotting appearence".

15. - Top - End - #15

Beholder

"Thanks for all informations, I just need one more. Is this soul cage a good thing or a bad thing?" After that Tom will go to the temple to get some heal. And after that, go to headquarters toa discover more about this beast.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Hell, it's a goodf thing. Otherwise who knows where we should be? The cage allow us to linger in this world for longer than our life span".

Getting at the temple, Tom find some priests using black robes and with pale skin. There are lots of symbols around: stars, moons and crows mainly. At the altar there is a statue with an old man covered with crows and with stars in the place of his eyes.There is an old lady there that come to talk to you: "You look terrible, allow me to help with these wounds" and simply touching you she restore your HP back to full life, also you feel a little more warm and your skin seems to be getting a little back of the life. "You shpould take care, if you stay that way for long your body will rot. Anyway, what bring you to the great sanctum of the Prince of the Stars?"

17. - Top - End - #17

Beholder

"I am... or should I say, I was a dragonbanner and died. I went here to look for some shelter, and maybe kill the so called "beast" I heard about. I wanna know what is on that crypt too, since I am used to be an adventurer, these kind of things always call my antention."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"These crypts belong to an entire clan of dwarves that were devoured by an evil amethyst dragon. Some of the dwarves are now living in the city, but some are still slaves of the amethyst dragon", she pauses for a while, "and the beast you heard about is a vile monster that travel here to bind the souls of the fallen to reanimate his undeads, it's a dark panther with puppeteer-like zombies".

(OOC: when you traveled in the Bell's Valley to go to Doorway, you found some hordes of undead and saw a panther in the ruins of a castle, mayb e it's conected? Also, the dwarf that you meet just for one battle - Dudu- left the main quest to look for his dwarven clan that got trapped in some crystal mines)

(also, the Prince of Stars is a way to call Zur, the dragon god of the Void, mystery, time and space)

Anymore questions? Young one?

19. - Top - End - #19

Beholder

"I have to visit this Mine, Maybe Dudu [I don't know the name of his character] is there and I will need help to kill this beast, since it seems to be connected in both worlds... ops, sorry for botherig you, you've cleared my mind about this whole story. But I have one more question, amethist dragon lives where? Here or he's still alive?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"This amethyst dragon is a servant of Scalindh, the Dark God, and live in both worlds. It's very powerful and he trapped the dwarves in his mines while they were still alive to absorb his life force and labor for him in the mines. I don't think a single man can defeat him, but i hope Zur look over you", after thinking for a few seconds she adds, "If you want to kill that beast you'd better go seek Sergeant Ludovico. But I guess you should stay and rest your afterlife to do something better, but if you don't want to I guess I'll have to help you in any way I can: rest here for tonight and I'll be able to produce some potions to protect and heal your wounds."

21. - Top - End - #21

Beholder

"I think I'll stay here for tonight. I'll go talk to Ludovico now, buy I sure am going back here tonight, unless tonight is now, thus I stay here and talk to him tomorrow."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Ludovico is a man of fourty years or so, broad and small and well-muscled.
    He's standing with some other soldiers and guards talking about the birds and you get near just before he says: .. and let's get some more archers and clear the skies of these scavengers... oh hey, a new soul around?"

23. - Top - End - #23

Beholder

I'll explain my situtation to him and I'll tell too: "I'm not that a really good archer, but I can handle a bow much more than the average"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"Give a dragonbaner a bow to shoot birds? No no, it's like to ask someone to kill ants with a cannon, if you want to help I can use some well trained warriro like yours. There are this amethyst dragon in the mountaisn who is trapping living dwarves in his mines ad since we rescued a few ones, the undeads are all around the region trying to suck on their life force, so the city is being attacked from time to time. Also these undeads are crowding in the road to Moon Harbor, and the holy men asked me to clear them, but it's useless: as long as the beast is still alive the undead will keep on moving. You see? I need some great warrior to comand a small group of soldiers to slay the beast once and for all or to kill the dragon. But everyone thinks that's quite suicide. You want to help?"

25. - Top - End - #25

Beholder

"Suicide?! I'm already dead! I already failed on my mission. This is the opportunity to clean my name as a Dragonslayer. You can count on me for this quest."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

So you'll kill which one? or both?

27. - Top - End - #27

Beholder

"I think the beast must be our first target! And then the Dragon."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll call some soldiers for you to comand then, come back tomorrow. Ah! Also, maybe you should go to the tavern, maybe some of the dwarves there can join you. My soldiers aren't pretty good fighters, but i guess taht will do, and I heard there's some aprentice dragon mage that works with Master Thrim that can help you, maybe someone on the temple too? Anyway, come back tomorrow".

After that, what you'll do?

29. - Top - End - #29

Beholder

I'll go to the tavern try to recruit someone:

"EDU! ARE YOU THERE?!?!?" after calling everybody's atention, I'll start a speech: Is there any brave man tired of this beast taking our citzens to be undead?! These attacks of hordes of undeads?! If there's, that's the time to have a chance to END ALL OF THIS S**T!!! I, Thomas "Tom" Anuku, A DRAGONSLAYER from the White Sand Kingdom, will lead a team of those who are fearless of death and brave enough to show me they have guts! I'll leave this city tomorrow to kill FOREVER this beast that have been attormenting our, YOUR, lives!" After shouting out loud, Tom will see everybody's reaction and if no one says anything, I'll spit in the ground and leave the place.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarves come nearer and say: "We are useless miners, our hero is trapped somewhere in the mines, Dan Dudukon." and they came back to their table, but one remain there at your side: "I'll help you. After all, I'm already old and this can be my last change to die in battle. My name is Gort".

The rest of the dwarves keep facing the floor.
    NOone else seems to be brave enough to follow you.